- Babylon talk page
- If you have questions, doubts, proposals and anything else about translations you want to ask, write at this page.
- Translators mailing list
- The official Wikimedia translators' mailing list. Sign up!
- The official translator's IRC channel. Visit us when you need help, just want to chat, or for updates on new requests!
- Translators newsletter
- Alternative to the mailing list, with on-wiki newsletter that will send you a notification.
Automagical page listing all translation requests on Meta-Wiki with the new system (see Translate extension help).
- How to request a translation
- CentralNotice – sitewide banner which is translated on Meta
- MediaWiki localization (on the translatewiki.net site)
Sign up to be a translator
- It is now easy to sign up as a translator to receive notifications when there is new material that needs translation into your language.
- Just go to this page to sign up:
- On the same page you can also unsubscribe.
- Add yourself to the list of the currently active tech translators.
القضايا بتاعه الترجمه على مشاريع ويكيميديا
Translation of the week
Translation of the week here on Meta-Wiki is a project to add articles to Wikipedias where they do not exist by translating them.
Contrarily to what we translators may think ;-), things should not always be translated. That is why Wikispelling was created, in order to avoid misspelling of proper nouns and local names. Wikispelling is a trans-wiki and multilingual project. Please help by checking the translation in your own language of commit messages at Wikispelling. And feel free to participate!
Languages have different rules regarding capitalization. For example, in English, the month names and most words of work titles are always capitalized, but in French they are not. Most Wiktionary projects differentiate nowadays between capitalized letters and small letters. Wiktionary needs to know what rules each language has regarding capitalization. Please help to complete the table of capitalization!
WikiProject Translation on Wikisource
An initiative to coordinate between various Wikisource language wikis in the gathering of old translations and the creation of new ones for source texts that have never been translated or have only copyrighted translations et cetera. Hosted on English Wikisource.
Information about localisation for both translators and developers can be found on the localisation page on MediaWiki.org.
You can read some useful tips on Amir’s blog.
Long-term translation strategy
You can read and discuss ideas about how to work with translations on the Translation strategy page.