|←Discussion pages||Babylon talk page||Archives→|
| Welcome to the Babylon talk page! This place is dedicated to discussions about all the translations-related issues here on Meta-Wiki.
Temporary solution: "Translate does not update content page when saving units"Edit
- @Eihel: There are some issues with this explanation:
- Grey tabs don’t mean the translation doesn’t exist. They simply mean they are not active at the moment. Compare https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Help:RevisionDelete&language=de (existing) with https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-Help:RevisionDelete&language=bar (non-existing).
- The old editor is quite different from what you present: there is no “Publish changes…” button—the edit summary can be entered using the same form as the page text; and there is no need to enter dummy text, the “Publish changes” button is active immediately.
- But there is no need to use the wiki editor in the first place: the type-and-delete trick works right on the translate interface as well.
- And this workaround is not only for new pages: the bug is (was?) present on existing pages, where the same workaround applies.
- —Tacsipacsi (talk) 20:09, 16 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hello @Tacsipacsi:,
- Thank you for the gray text: you are right.
- The problem was for each language that was not present in the language banner and you had to open the wiki page to display the Help page:RevisionDelete/xx (or any other page in the desired language). Whether or not translated messages did not change anything. This is also what you advised on Wikidata:Translators' noticeboard: you had to have a wiki page (on any editor). Of course, it was not necessary to translate, but you had to have the wiki page to have the language available in the banner (and therefore the entire translation page). I was facing this problem. I don't write that the problem was only about the new pages.
Apparently the problem seems solved on Mediawiki, Wikidata and Meta with the changes on gerrit.I recorded Turkish, Dutch and French versions without dummy modification on the wikis mentioned. I therefore request the deletion of image files. Thank you for the feedback. —Eihel (talk) 01:51, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hello @Tacsipacsi:,
Hello, I have migrated Help:Edit summary to use Translate extension, so previous translation have been archived. You can find them in translation page history (you can copy them to update the translation). If you’re a translation admin, you can also use Special:PageMigration to help previous translation import. Sorry for inconveniance. —Pols12 (talk) 17:26, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
Please correct the /en page where three tvar tags does not jump to sections in the same page. After translated a few months ago, I noticed the problem and as a temporary patch up, in ja, I edited them to plain links with pagename#section_title for the time being. Would you have a look please? --Omotecho (talk) 04:32, 26 January 2020 (UTC)
Urgent translation request: Wiki Loves FolkloreEdit
Hello, please help us translate Wiki Loves Folklore central banner to your local language via https://w.wiki/Fom. Thank you! Kind regards, — Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk) 06:30, 27 January 2020 (UTC)