This page is for the Wikipedia translation of the week.
Each week, starting on Monday, a stub or the first paragraph of an important article is chosen to be translated into as many languages (especially small languages) as possible.
Ideal candidates are 1) short, 2) easy to translate, 3) lead to potential translations of other topics. The goal is to have a wide range of topics covered in every language that we have. (See also: Proposed list of articles all languages should have and Minipedia, a project to create a collection of stub-articles.)
Please update the interwiki links on Wikidata of your language version of the article after each week's translation is finished so that all languages are linked to each other.
You can communicate with other translators or ask for help on Babylon, Wikimedia translation activity center.
This week (21)
The winner this week is en:Tityus (Michelangelo).
Please list translations here.
Put your name next to your favorite candidate, along with the potential links in the article (some people may want to translate them too). Please vote at /Translation candidates.
Failed candidates are found at /Removed.
Interested translators who would like to participate in this project may list themselves here. Thank you in advance for your support. If you want to have the translation of the week delivered to your talk page each week, you may list yourself with the button below.
Past translations (2022)
- WeekChristmas tree production(en) — 1 languages before + 4 increase 1:
- WeekLobster War(en) — 6 languages before + 3 increase 2:
- WeekHenry Adams Thompson(en) — 3 languages before + 3 increase 3:
- WeekKoz Castle(en) — 3 languages before + 3 increase 4:
- WeekLower Dniester National Nature Park(en) — 4 languages before + 3 increase 5:
- WeekLog bucking(en) — 2 languages before + 2 increase 6:
- WeekBidriware(en) — 10 languages before + 4 increase 7:
- WeekLoktak Folklore Museum(simple) — 3 languages before + 3 increase 8:
- WeekShapur I's victory relief at Naqsh-e Rostam(en) — 2 languages before + 7 increase 9:
- Week10: Day of the National Flag (Ukraine)(en) — 6 languages before + 7 increase
- Week11: Hermila Galindo(en) — 6 languages before + 5 increase
- Week12: Farn-Sasan(en) — 3 languages before + 5 increase
- Week13: Dummy tank(en) — 5 languages before + 7 increase
- Week14: Independence Day (Georgia)(en) — 9 languages before + 3 increase
- Week15: Ankarana Reserve(en) — 11 languages before + 1 increase
- Week16: Gwoździec Synagogue(en) — 7 languages before + 3 increase
- Week17: School of the Air(en) — 8 languages before + 3 increase
- Week18: K-ration(en) — 9 languages before + 1 increase
- Week19: Cyrus the Great Day(en) — 7 languages before + 6 increase
- Week20: Lift Every Voice and Sing(en) — 5 languages before + 4 increase
- Week21: Tityus (Michelangelo)(en) — 1 languages before