Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta!Edit

Hello KuboF Hromoslav, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- 22:06, 18 June 2011 (UTC)

Osobné pomôckyEdit

Superprotect letter updateEdit

Hi KuboF,

Along with more hundreds of others, you recently signed Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer, which I wrote.

Today, we have 562 signatures here on Meta, and another 61 on change.org, for a total of 623 signatures. Volunteers have fully translated it into 16 languages, and begun other translations. This far exceeds my most optimistic hopes about how many might sign the letter -- I would have been pleased to gain 200 siguatures -- but new signatures continue to come.

I believe this is a significant moment for Wikimedia and Wikipedia. Very rarely have I seen large numbers of people from multiple language and project communities speak with a unified voice. As I understand it, we are unified in a desire for the Wikimedia Foundation to respect -- in actions, in addition to words -- the will of the community who has built the Wikimedia projects for the benefit of all humanity. I strongly believe it is possible to innovate and improve our software tools, together with the Wikimedia Foundation. But substantial changes are necessary in order for us to work together smoothly and productively. I believe this letter identifies important actions that will strongly support those changes.

Have you been discussing these issues in your local community? If so, I think we would all appreciate an update (on the letter's talk page) about how those discussions have gone, and what people are saying. If not, please be bold and start a discussoin on your Village Pump, or in any other venue your project uses -- and then leave a summary of what kind of response you get on the letter's talk page.

Finally, what do you think is the right time, and the right way, to deliver this letter? We could set a date, or establish a threshold of signatures. I have some ideas, but am open to suggestions.

Thank you for your engagement on this issue, and please stay in touch. -Pete F (talk) 18:42, 26 August 2014 (UTC)

Superprotect statusEdit

Dear KuboF, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:27, 12 September 2014 (UTC)

Wikivoyage vo francúzčineEdit

Ahoj, asi nevieš pofrancúzky ale vieš po slovenský a maš trošku zaujem o projekte Wikivoyage. Takže som chcel sa sptytat či by si nemohol kontrolovať članok voy:fr:Guide linguistique slovaque (Slovak phrasebook) hlavne slovenský pravopis a grammatiku či som nerobil chybičky. Chcem aby ten članok bol prvý phrasebook v projekte Wikivoyage vo francúzčine s hviezdičkou. Ďakujem dopredu na spolupracu.--Adehertogh (talk) 08:37, 11 February 2015 (UTC)

Pekná práca Adehertogh! O týždeň mi končí skúškové tak si to zaradín na svoj čakací zoznam. Maj sa. --KuboF (talk) 12:49, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
Diky a držim palce!--Adehertogh (talk) 12:10, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
@Adehertogh: Hotovo. Pár vecí som preformuloval, zmeň / doplň prosím výslovnosť. Prípadne by snáď vedel s kontrolou pomôcť Mutichou. --KuboF (talk) 22:22, 13 February 2015 (UTC)

InvitationEdit

 
Thank you for using VisualEditor and sharing your ideas with the developers. My apologies if you're getting this message more than once, and/or not in your favorite language.

Hello, KuboF,

I am contacting you because you have left feedback about VisualEditor at pages like mw:VisualEditor/Feedback in the past. The Editing team is now asking for your help with VisualEditor. Please tell them what they need to change to make VisualEditor work well for you. The team has a list of top-priority problems, but they also want to hear about small problems. These problems may make editing less fun, take too much of your time, or be as annoying as a paper cut. The Editing team wants to hear about and try to fix these small things, too. 

You can share your thoughts by clicking this link. You may respond to this quick, simple, anonymous survey in your own language. If you take the survey, then you agree your responses may be used in accordance with these terms. This survey is powered by Qualtrics and their use of your information is governed by their privacy policy.

More information (including a translatable list of the questions) is posted on wiki at mw:VisualEditor/Survey 2015. If you have questions, or prefer to respond on-wiki, then please leave a message on the survey's talk page.


Thank you, Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:39, 3 April 2015 (UTC)

Sunday 17 May 2015 User groups meet up at WMCONEdit

Hi! Today Sunday 17 May 2015 there will be a User Groups meet-up at 14h at room E. If you are interested, please join, the main topics to be discussed is the relationship between WMF and user groups, and diaspora user groups as described on Wikimedia diaspora organisations. If you are interested, please join! Thanks. --Micru (talk) 08:26, 17 May 2015 (UTC)

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)

Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)

Translate extensionEdit

Hi KuboF, I just saw your message at WLE_2015_Writing_Contest talk page, sorry for answer so late. How can we use the translate extension?, I mean, how to add the extension to the page?. Thank you. --Rodelar (talk) 10:03, 2 December 2015 (UTC)

@Rodelar: Now it is quite late, but as I understand, it is sufficient to simple write a page (it seemsc that in English, here on Meta) and then ask translation administrator for "marking for translation". That should be all ;) This will make page translatable (in the same way like the page about translation administrators). --KuboF (talk) 18:20, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
I´m editing this page for another contest, but at first I wrote it in Spanish. Do I have to write it in English before ask for translation?. --Rodelar (talk) 08:51, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
@Rodelar: I am not experienced about these translations. Better ask some translation administrator. Good luck ;) --KuboF (talk) 16:25, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
Unfortunately it is only possible to translate from English via Extension:Translate on this wiki. You would need to translate the text in English, get the English page translatable and then "translate" it into Spanish with the actually original text. --Base (talk) 20:44, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
@Base: I´ve already translated the page to English: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAMing_Madrid_Challenge. --Rodelar (talk) 11:26, 4 December 2015 (UTC)

What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit

Hi there,

I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!

Here’s how to participate:

Take care,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 03:34, 5 December 2015 (UTC)

GLAMify has completed a report for you! :)Edit

Hullo!

GLAMify has just completed a report you asked for, with suggestions for integrating media from commons:Category:Images from Wiki Loves Monuments.

The report is waiting for you here. :) Please note that the report pages may get deleted after 60 days, so if you'd like to keep these results around, copy them somewhere else.

Your faithful servant,

Ijonbot (talk) 11:00, 9 December 2015 (UTC)

Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit

Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.

With great thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 23:56, 26 January 2016 (UTC)

Re: Topical translation drivesEdit

You should probably talk with User:Geraki. :) Nemo 15:10, 17 February 2016 (UTC)

I am around here, but talk about what? :-) -Geraki TL 17:58, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
Geraki, I am preparing (not actively now, many another tasks...) a translation run focused on specific topic (in this case Esperanto). Basically similar to Medical Translation Run.
Do you have some experience about this? Could I contact you when I return to this work? --KuboF (talk) 00:30, 18 February 2016 (UTC)
Oh, yes I have run some medical translation drives but as assignments to students. I can help, but we should also bring Glavkos in the loop, as he is an Esperanto speaker. -Geraki TL 06:48, 18 February 2016 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?Edit

Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)

Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.

With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources 15:56, 31 March 2016 (UTC)

Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!Edit

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)

Wikimania 2016: IdeaLab WorkshopsEdit

Wikimania 2016 is almost here! Mjohnson (WMF) and I are running two workshops for IdeaLab during the conference, and you are invited to join us for either (or both!)

If you have a proposal or idea you are thinking about, and would like a space to work on it on your own or with others, please consider joining us for either the Thursday or Saturday sessions. We'll discuss a little about IdeaLab and how it works, and the rest of the time is space for idea building. You can also use this session to ask questions about Wikimedia Foundation grants that are available if your proposal or idea may need funding. Thanks, and see you at the conference! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 20:45, 19 June 2016 (UTC)

Wikimedian in Residence BoF at Wikimania 2017Edit

Hello!

My name is David Alves (User:Horadrim~usurped), and I'm an Wikipedian in Residence at RIDC NeuroMat (User:Horadrim). I've reach your contact through the Wikimedian in residence page in Outreach. As you may know, Wikimania 2017 is coming! I am here because, as a fellow WiR, I believe this would be a great opportunity for us to share experiences, discuss difficulties and exchange solutions, creating a community among us capable of supporting in other projects that would benefit from residents. In that sense, I have submitted a proposal of a Birds of a Feather activity to Wikimania that you can check out here. I hope to count with your support in this project and would like to invite you to join us if you participate in Wikimania. In case of any doubts, please feel free to contact me, either in my talk pages or by e-mail at david.alves outlook.com.

Thank you very much! ‎Horadrim~usurped (talk) 00:33, 13 April 2017 (UTC)

Request: Help translating for Strategy commentsEdit

Hi KuboF. Thanks again for your work translating the Strategy pages. I was wondering if you might also be able to help translating the 4 rows of Esperanto responses (Oh! And also the 2 remaining Czech rows), near the bottom of the table at Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Sources/Cycle_2/Cycle_2_Survey_Collectors#In_need_of_translation. It would be much appreciated. :) Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 21:22, 13 June 2017 (UTC)

Hi Quiddity (WMF)! I am not the best one in active English but I have translated it by machine translation and bit edited so I consider it in good level. --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 20:28, 21 June 2017 (UTC)

Approved submission for Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017Edit

Dear KuboF,
On behalf of the Programme Committee of the the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017, I am pleased to inform you that your submissions Why do people value what they value - value structures in CEE and Software for organisational work were approved for presentation and were included in the event programme. Please take your time to review the schedule, as there might be some slight differences between the available timeslots allocated for your talks, and the duration you requested. Thank you for your participation, and see you in Warsaw. :) Bests, Spiritia 14:12, 25 August 2017 (UTC)

Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTCEdit

Hi KuboF Hromoslav,
I am reaching out to you because you signed up to receive updates about the Global Wikimedia survey.[1]

We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.

If you are unable attend, you can also find the report on meta, and watch the recording of the event at a later time.

We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)

  1. Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.

Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!Edit

Dear WAM organizer,

I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.

TimelineEdit

The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:

  • Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
  • Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
  • Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
  • Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
  • Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
  • Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
  • Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.

In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!

Interesting articlesEdit

Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.

Looking for helpEdit

At all times, please send me an email at erick@asianmonth.wiki--Fantasticfears (talk) 23:00, 1 November 2017 (UTC)

WikiJabberEdit

Hi KuboF, thank you for our talk for https://wikijabber.org (WikiJabber) Please send me the music of your one-man-band-friend so I can add it to the episode. --Sebastian Wallroth (talk) 21:06, 9 November 2017 (UTC)

Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow upEdit

Hello KuboF Hromoslav,
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.

During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?

We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.

If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.

Thank you and see you on the wiki,
Sara (talk)

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:40, 5 December 2017 (UTC)

New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator boardEdit

Hello!

You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!

We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!

Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.

If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.

All the best, Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:03, 24 May 2018 (UTC)

Community Health Metrics Kit consultationEdit

The Community Health Metrics Kit is a new project to measure more aspects of our communities. If you are interested in metrics, statistics, and measurement of editing and contributing, please join us on Meta to discuss how and what the new project should measure! Please share this with anyone else you think may be interested in this work.

This message is also available in other languages.

For the Community Health Initiative, Joe Sutherland (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 19:03, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Project Grants deadline for current roundEdit

Hi KuboF-- JSutherland (WMF) mentioned to me that you had a question on IRC regarding Project Grants:

09:09 KuboF: Someone from Project Grant here? https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project we are not sure about te deadline (November 30) - does it _include_ the November 30 or proposing on November 30 at 0:01 would after the deadline? also, which timezone?

The deadline for Project Grant proposals does include the entirety of Nov. 30th, and and it should be completed by the end of Nov. 30th in your local timezone (if only so that applicants can get some well-earned rest!) I plan to finalize the list of grants to review shortly after 11:59 PM PT on Nov. 30th (7:59 AM UTC, Dec.1st).

In order for this submission to be reviewed for eligibility, it must be formally proposed. When you have completed filling out the infobox and have fully responded to the questions on your draft, please change status=draft to status=proposed to formally submit your grant proposal. This can be found in the {{Probox}} template found on your grant proposal page. Importantly, proposals that are submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for review during this round. If you're having any difficulty or encounter any unexpected issues when changing the proposal status, please feel free to e-mail me at cschilling wikimedia.org or contact me on my talk page. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 19:39, 29 November 2018 (UTC)

Thank you, Jehtro, it helped a lot! For clarification purposes I propose to make it clear in the grant application (even to extend of minutes, like "until 23:59 of your local time zone"). --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 18:41, 3 December 2018 (UTC)

Wikimania AmbassadorEdit

Hi!

I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!

A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!

Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 09:30, 13 February 2019 (UTC)

The TWUG on space.wmflabs.orgEdit

Hello KuboF Hromoslav

A few months ago, WMF opened a new discussion space. Since our user group has some difficulties to communicate (not everyone sees the messages that are posted on Talk:Wiktionary/Tremendous_Wiktionary_User_Group), I asked for a dedicated forum for the TWUG to be opened. It's happening here (there is no topic so far).

From now on, I invite you to follow the category to be informed as soon as a new topic is created. Pamputt (talk) 18:58, 16 September 2019 (UTC)

Thanks for your helpEdit

Hi there, translator! Here's a little token of appreciation for a recent effort you contributed to. Surprised? Well, the best is yet to come.

  • We'd love to send you this badge as an actual sticker. If you want, you can use this Google Form to communicate your address so we can ship it to you. Note that we will close the form on October 13, 2019, and all data will be removed shortly afterwards. Details about this external site are provided at the top of the form.
  • We also have this badge waiting for you on Wikimedia Space. You can use the form linked above to let us know what your username is on this brand new hub, so that you can get the award there as well. If you don't have an account yet, just go ahead and enjoy joining via Wikimedia login in just a few clicks. (And in case you hadn't heard yet, you can join the community of translators there as well).

Again, thanks for everything you are doing to make this movement a better (and multilingual!) place: please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions, and I hope to hear from you soon. --Elitre (WMF), 13:03, 28 September 2019 (UTC)

Wikipedia Asian Month in Esperanto VikivoyageEdit

Hi :-) Unfortunately the Fountain still does not support incubator, so it's not possible to use it for the Asian Month... I am so sorry, I've totally forgotten about this issue. Now it's in my feature list. Le Loy 04:43, 31 October 2019 (UTC)

@Ле Лой: Ehm, it happens. We will use some simpler tool for now. Thanks for thinking it for the future! --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 18:36, 31 October 2019 (UTC)

WAM2019 welcomes your support!Edit

Hello KuboF Hromoslav,

Thank you for joining us as a Wikipedia community organizer. We would appreciate your help to get the central banner localized in your language.

You can visit here and select your language (which language you want the contents to be translated into) and then translate it.

WAM2019 Team thanks you for your support.  

Kind regards,
WAM2019 International Team
--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:53, 2 November 2019 (UTC)

@-Zest: I did translate to Esperanto. Please remember, that we have WAM on two Esperanto projects: Esperanto Wikipedia and Esperanto Wikivoyage (in Incubator). Both of them already have its "notice" but it you can make it nicer, it would be nice. --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 21:27, 4 November 2019 (UTC)

Invitation to organize CEE Spring 2020Edit

Dear KuboF Hromoslav! We are writing to you because you have organised CEE Spring in your community in the past and hope that you're excited to participate this year too! :-)

The time has come to start preparing for CEE Spring 2020 which will happen during the usual timeframe (21st of March until May 31st).

There are some things the we want to announce:

  • You are welcome to join the international team.
  • You can sign up as a local organizer
  • To reduce administrative overhead there would be stricter rules on how communities can receive prize funds.
  • You can start working on local pages and article lists.
  • We are willing to expand our side contests like CEE Women and spice up our Hall of Fame.
  • We are also looking into opportunities for communities outside the region, including running contest on English Wikipedia.
  • We will communicate all our activities in email list, Facebook group and Telegram.

Yours, the CEE International Organisers Team

--Papuass (talk) 19:31, 1 March 2020 (UTC)

News from the Tremendous Wiktionary User GroupEdit

Hello!

Sorry to write in English, my Esperanto is quite cold.

I let you this message because you are part of the (very dynamic) Tremendous Wiktionary User Group!

As the process of name change is ongoing for the Wikimedia Foundation, I invite you to participate to a collective opinion from the user group. There is also a proposal for a communique directed to the WMF. You are welcome to discuss it too. I imagine you may also express your opinion through other canals but your inputs are still welcome! Thank you in advance! Noé (talk) 15:45, 17 June 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of ConductEdit

Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct.  

There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups.   This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd36dNdU3C5shXEkKp9itJOhuCTx9hZE5AE-xflkxtfRMnZtg/viewform?usp=pp_url  

It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks.  If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoCThank you for your participation

Mervat SalmanTrust & Safety (Policy) Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 21:35, 3 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 15:42, 21 August 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to complete a survey regarding WPWP CampaignEdit

Hello KuboF Hromoslav,

Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.

We are excited about the level of participation, this year and we are happy to inform you that over 90,000 articles were improved with photos in 272 languages Wikipedia.

We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.

Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.

Follow this link to the Survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL7I25Uxx_3Tyu9EgS2Bhix32Mh073LRsrr4tuH-i1yyRCZg/viewform

Thank you in advance for taking this survey. Stay safe! 

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
-- Message sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:17, 23 September 2020 (UTC)

Adding contentions stuff to WMSK historyEdit

Dear KuboF, I need to ask you to stop adding contentious stuff to WMSK history. As you know, this matter is now being dealt through mediation. Thanks!--Jetam2 (talk) 21:21, 3 November 2020 (UTC)

@Jetam2: In fact, you are now adding contentions stuff to WMSVK's history every day. Because every day as you as a Chair and Radoslava Semanova (User:Akdar) as a Vice-Chair are continuing the situation in which you as a Board Members have violated bylaws and hardly did any corrective action, are counting the next day of WMSVK losing trustfulness. I have asked you too many times to end your bylaws violations and do some corrective actions, but you have repeatedly refused. The international community have the right for WMSVK's accountability, so I am adding publicly shareable information to Wikimedians of Slovakia/history.
Mediation by AffCom is about another topic and I am not publicly sharing information from that topic. --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 21:19, 4 November 2020 (UTC)
Dear KuboF. No, I am not adding contentious stuff to WMSK's history. I have refrained from adding anything here now that the matter is under mediation.
As I have stated before: Yes, the by-laws were, unfortunately, broken in spring 2019. We were not able to fullfill the two requirements at the same time: to hold the AGM within three months of the start of the year and at the same time to use all the information channels that were required by the by-laws to call the AGM. We used all those that we could (Wikipedia itself, Facebook, mailing list...) but were not able to use all of the channels because of the less-than-smooth transition after the resignation of yourself, User:KuboF Hromoslav. The AGM that was called for 9 March 2019 was cancelled on location. Therefore, no AGM took place and neither did any change in the by-laws or board or anything of that nature. In other words, there was no impact. Since it was impossible to turn back the time and an AGM was needed (lest we break a by-law), another AGM was called for 4 May 2019 when a new Board was elected. (the Board is an elected body that has executive powers. It is checked by the Audit Committee. Members of both bodies are elected from and by the membership and are unpaid volunteers.)
You further allege that there was no recognition of this broken by-laws nor an apology. Both can be found here. You even acknowledged them (!) in your next response. To make matters even more clear, let me apologize here as well: I apologize for my part in the situation. I invite you to consider taking this step.
You also allege that the situation continues and that no corrections have been made. The situation cannot continue by definition: we are not calling an AGM every day. It also not true that no corrective actions have been taken. Quite the opposite. There has been a lot of conversation around the issue both within the organization, on Wikipedia and here on Meta too. You may also remember the AGM of 28 September 2019 which you personally attended along with the Board and the Audit Committee. We discussed the matter at length there including ways to improve. In any case, the chair of the Audit Committee made a statement on 22 June 2020 where he confirmed that the Committee had indeed considered the matter raised by you and that improvements had been made. I can confirm the improvements as well: for example, we have changed access privileges, internal processes, consolidated our databases and so on.
If you are referring to the irregularities around your departure, then I too am not sharing information about that topic now that the mediation is under way. Or should I? Do you believe that it is correct to choose which information to make public? I understand, though, it is easier to accuse than to respond to accusations. You might remember how hard you fought to have a sentence you felt was contentious removed from an annual report. I could be more specific but I will respect you and the mediation and respond through it while giving you a chance to explain your actions there (and here). I ask you to extend the same courtesy to us.
Believe me, I really wish I could travel back in time and do things (with your cooperation) in a better way. Let us now focus on the corrective measures and outcomes of the mediation, learn from them and put the matter to rest.
Stay healthy and well!--Jetam2 (talk) 16:50, 5 November 2020 (UTC)
Jetam2, I am not going to respond to everything that you have presented, much of that is already in Wikimedians of Slovakia/history. Let me inform about some things that you are repeatedly undoing in the mentioned page:
"The organisation from their own initiative have not explicitly informed about their current opinion on the status of the disputed meeting, nor apologized in any of the channels used previously to spread the false information."
As long as I know, only you (so not Radoslava Semanová, as the other one who mutually violated bylaws about AGM in beginning of 2019) have apologized and that was reactive to my call. It wasn't from your own initiative (and I would say, that your words privately communicated to me after your apologize, suggesting that by means of sexual intercourse I change my position to somewhere else, speaks quite against proactive approach). Also, it was only a mention in one of the communication chanels that the Board previously used to spread false information about so called AGM. You have apologized in June 2020, while the bylaws violation happend in March 2019, so you have had more than whole year to do it proacively. If you two have had proactively apologized before your reactive apologize in your linked Slovak Wikipedia, please fell free to correct the information in Wikimedians of Slovakia/history. I will be happy to see your proof.
"From the time he was firstly informed about being on way to violate bylaw until he recognized their violation have passed nearly 17 months."
I personally consider this information to be important to understand the structural issues in WMSK. Mostly because structure have great predictive power for future performance. If current Chair was informed about being on the path to violate bylaws and could prevent the violation but have not did it (because of how WMSVK's bylaw works, you not necessarily could make AGM happen (that would require active suport of the another Board member), but you could very easily make the proposed AGM invalid simply be redoing Board vote and voting for anything else that "yes"), it tells something. Also, if he received a lot of information, especially clearly what is required by bylaws and what was actually done and where precisely is the dissonance, additionally his co-officer (after 8 months of explanations) have already understood that she have violated bylaws, and he finally needed 17 months to acknowledge his violation, it again tells something about the structural situation in WMSVK.
I would also like to jump into time machine and do things some other ways. But as (I hope that :) we both know, that this is not the official state of the art in science, we can not change the past. We can create the future. Mediation can be useful, but many actions does not need it. E.g. everyone involved in bylaws violation clearly declare it in every communication chanel used to spread previous false information, apologize and clearly inform about measure to improve in future. I have never required anyone of you two to do this, but personally I can hardly imagine something that would work and would be significantly different. You have proposed mutual statement (you and I) about things not working in WMSK and the way we want to improve them, and I have starter to write it but you later leave it :-( You have already did some sort of corrective actions (on Slovak Wikipedia) and I have believed that you two can reverse your violations by some quickly applied simple steps that would show your awareness, good intentions and capability to apply learnings from past. But the clock is ticking and 19 months have already passed.
And to be clear: I respect the mediation process with AffCom, and do not tell publicly about the happenings which have started it. I do work publicly about other issues. --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 21:13, 5 November 2020 (UTC)

Fountain tool for Esperanto Wikivoyage (Wikipedia Asian Month 2020)Edit

Dear organizers,

Welcome to join WAM. We would like to provide you the WAM event regulation and the tutorial of Fountain tool. Fountain tool can help you tracking participants' progress and judge the articles are qualified or not; besides, WAM international team only collect the qualified WAM participant list from Fountain tool. If it's difficult to use Fountain tool to hold WAM in your Wiki-project please feel free to let us know. We can discuss the potential solution for event asap.

Best,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.11

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020: Fountain toolEdit

Dear organizers:

Fountain cannot accept new articles temporarily because of a problem with the Wikimedia Labs database. It will be back ASAP. Please don’t feel panic. Let's keep fingers crossed for it.

Best,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.11

Community Wishlist Survey 2021: InvitationEdit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

What's Next (Wikipedia Asian Month 2020)!Edit

Congratulations! The Wikipedia Asian Month has ended successfully and you've done amazing work of organizing. What we've got and what's next?

  • We have at least 6,672 articles made during this edition.
  • Make sure all the jury members judge all articles before December 31st, Once you finish the judging, please update this page.
  • There will be two round of qualified participants' address collection scheduled: January 1st and January 10th 2021.
  • Please report the local Wikipedia Asian Ambassador (who has most accepted articles) on this page, if the 2nd participants have more than 30 accepted articles, you will have two ambassadors.
  • Please update the final version of organizer and jury member list on this page.
  • In case you wondering how can you use the Wikipedia Asian Month tool (Fountain) in your own contest, contact the developer Le Loy for more information.
  • If you need some assistance, please feel free to contact us via sending email to info@asianmonth.wiki. To reduce misunderstanding, please contact us in English.

Best wishes,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.12

Community Wishlist Survey 2021Edit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)

Help wanted for global templatesEdit

You have shown support for global templates in the past. Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation view this change as big. We need to convince the Wikimedia Foundation to start working on this. We have to reassure them there is sufficient support by local project communities.


You can help move this forward.


Please do setup a page on the local projects you are (most) active on in the language of the project. Tell your fellow editors why you believe global templates are necessary. Follow the local project decision process to come to a discussion outcome as support or not. There is plenty of time for discussion. Please reach a conclusion before the end of April 2021.


Please translate the coordinating page on meta to languages you are proficient in. Gathering_support_from_local_projects_for_global_templates


Please add a line to this meta page with a link to a discussion page on your local project(s).


The goal is to have the Wikimedia Foundation include a program to develop infrastructure for global templates in their 2021/2022 Annual Plan. The Wikimedia Foundation will decide on the Annual Plan in May/June this year.


The aim is to have several dozen local project communities to show support, and little concerns, issues or objections. Of course, any project can continue to use their local templates.


When you have questions about this initiative you can reach me at ad huikeshoven.org or + 31 6 40293574, and also on Telegram and Signal. You can also raise questions on the talk page on meta. Maybe some people would like to discuss this initiative in a meeting. Please let me know whether you would like to join a Zoom meeting in February.


Regards,

Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 11:11, 23 January 2021 (UTC)

Great news, Ad Huikeshoven! Thanks for your push to the affair! I will start local discussions on Esperanto projects.
I do not know what would be the February meeting about, so I am not sure whether to participate. But I am open to participation. --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 13:41, 23 January 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:38, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Undid edit to Wikimedia ForumEdit

Hi. I undid your post to that discussion forum as it makes accusations against people that should be readily dealt with by other means, not in the way that you have undertaken. Please read Meta:Civility. If that message does get posted please do it in a more compliant form and nothing some of the following. What is the purpose of this post? It doesn't seem to lead to a discussion; it isn't an RFC; there aren't questions, and there is not any action that can come from the community from this discussion forum. It would be really helpful when using that forum to think about your target audience, because at this stage it just seems to be more vendetta posts. This discussion forum is not here to be a alternate place to cause a ruckus and I ask that you consider that when bringing issues there.

Further, I am not certain why you think that global sysops can do anything in this space, we definitely cannot overrule a local admin in their actions.  — billinghurst sDrewth 23:37, 29 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:16, 23 April 2021 (UTC)

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:46, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021Edit

Hello KuboF Hromoslav,

Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.

We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
Message sent using --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:15, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 15:06, 22 July 2021 (UTC)