السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته أخي عباد,
أتمنى أن تكون بخير,
سعدت جدا باختيارك لتكون ممثلا لويكيبيديا العربية في اللجنة الاستراتيجية لحركة ويكيميديا 2017 والمنوط بها تحديد توجهات وخطط وأسلوب العمل خلال الـ 15 سنة القادمة للمساهمين الأفراد.
ولكوني مهتم بالمساعدة في هذا المجال فيسعدني أن أقدم ما أستطيع لمساعدتك و مساعدة مجتمعنا الوصول بويكيبيديا العربية و مؤسساتها و مشاريعها المتعددة ، كما يسعدني المشاركة الفاعلة بأي ورش عمل تقومون بها.
أتمنى لك كل التوفيق و النجاح و بانتظار ردك إن كنت تريد مني أي مساعدة في أي مجال.
- وعليكم السلام، أهلاً بك عزيزي. شكراً لك على رسالتك وتهنئتك. قد يكون الأمر الأهم الآن هو الوصول لمجموعات المستخدمين العربية، هل لك عضوية بأيّ منها؟ أو هل ترغبُ بالتواصل معها (لو كانت في بلدك)؟ أيضاً، أي مشاركة في النقاش المفتوحة حالياً بميدان ويكيبيديا العربية هي مُساعدة مُرحَّبٌ بها تماماً، فهذا النقاش هو المحور الأساسي الذي نعملُ عليه الآن. تحياتي لك --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 12:23, 1 April 2017 (UTC).
Hi. I notice you added yourself to the list at Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/People, and I was wondering if you could answer a question about that list: Are you and all the other people listed there WMF staff, and part of the "Movement Strategy" group under the Office of the Executive Director? I've been trying to update some information on the WMF's people, but the WMF's own website only lists four people in the "Movement strategy" team (Tanveer Hasan, Jodi McMurray, Kelsi Stine-Rowe, and Kaarel Vaidla). If everyone listed at Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/People are WMF staff, I'd like to update the Strategy team section at Template:WMF Staff to include all the individuals listed there, but I'm not sure of the status of these individuals. --Yair rand (talk) 21:26, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Yair rand: Hi! The WMF website is updated slowly and I expect it would take several more months to add the new information. Most of the people listed are, indeed, WMF staff (some of whom have been already working for as long as a year, give or take). The exceptions would be Nicole Ebber and Anna Rees, who are technically WMDE staff.
- Hope that helps. Sincere thanks for keeping an eye on the pages! --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 09:36, 19 September 2019 (UTC).
Changing content of a translatable pageEdit
Dear Abbad, please don't change translatable content like this. When English page is updated, corresponding units in other languages become highlighted as outdated. And it's one thing when there was a change in wording or maybe numbers were updated -- but it's a very different situation when the tarted page is completely different, like in this case. When you have not to update existing unit of text but to add a totally different unit, it's better to delete the old unit entirely and just create a new one. In practice this means that both text and unit number have to be removed: <translate><!--T:2--> LEARN</translate> → <translate>RECOMMENDATIONS</translate>. And then, when the page is marked for translation, system will assign this unit next available number. Does it make sense? (No action needed with the mentioned template now; it's my recommendation for the future.) -- Ата (talk) 12:37, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
- @Ата: Dear Vira (or is it Ana? I'm not so sure anymore), thanks for a yet one more informative technical tip. As I check it now, what you link here is indeed such a silly edit for one to make (unfortunately, the one had to be me). Your explanation makes full and total sense. In fact, I was recently given translation admin rights to deal with a bulk of Meta uploads, so I've spent last week exploring my new buttons and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm still figuring out how to use them competently. Since you're already freely and willingly stepped up to critique some of them, I'd like to invite you to be even kinder and look at an example or two of my more recent translation markups, and help point out any additional silly mistakes on my behalf. With hopes that it's not too much to ask of a fellow penguin fanclub member (is that a thing yet? it should be) --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 23:36, 15 February 2020 (UTC).
- As any other Wikimedia activity, translation administration has its tricks, and you'll know them all in no time Those two page you mentioned are marked for translation in a fine way. (Though I'm not sure what your code for the category means). I hope to be helpful another time if needed. -- Ата (talk) 18:14, 17 February 2020 (UTC)