re:Bot on wiktionary fr:Edit
Salut Pamputt, I could change it, but the bot uses the latest versions of pywikipediabot, since the French Wiktionary is listed in wiktionary_family.py as self.alphabetic it does not sort by language code but by language name, if You don't wish that all! bots on fr.Wiktionary are sorting like that please request an update on sourceforge for pywikipediabot, because if not the bots on fr.wikt would make an "editwar". But I suggest to ask on fr.wikt first, because usually the sort order is by language code, and to get it changed in pywikipedia they must have requested it on sourceforge already, because only a few Wiktionaries are listed as self.alphabetic there.
P.S. I will not be home before late Monday or Tuesday anyway, so my bot won't run until then.
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll openEdit
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal ClinicsEdit
Dear Pamputt, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:36, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your translation help!Edit
|The Translation Barnstar|
|Thank you very much for your help translating the 2016 Strategy Consultation pages! I am so grateful for the energy you and others have put into helping the consultation reach speakers of as many languages as possible. Kbrown (WMF) (talk) 17:25, 5 February 2016 (UTC)|
Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?Edit
Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Traduction des pages FDCEdit
Salut Pamputt ! J'ai vu que tu avais marqué cette page à la traduction. Je ne comprends rien à rien aux templates de traduction mais j'ai besoin de rajouter une ligne à cette page et je ne sais pas comment le faire sans tout casser. Quelle est la page maître exactement ? (je suppose que c'est la page en anglais, mais où dois-je la changer et que dois-je faire exactement pour ne pas tout casser ? Je voudrais simplement rajouter une ligne dans le carré du haut "IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT ANNUAL PLAN GRANTS". Veux-tu bien m'aider ? :D Merci ! Delphine (WMF) (talk) 10:35, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
- @Delphine (WMF): en fait tu n'as pas à te soucier des balises de traduction. Tu ajoutes simplement ton contenu là où tu le ferais s'il n'y cait pas de balises et tout se passera bien. Dis moi quand tu auras fini pour que je vérifie si tu as fait les choses correctements et pour que je marque le nouveau message à traduire. Pamputt (talk) 20:38, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
2016 Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Réduisons l'effet de Wikipédia sur l'environnementEdit
Pamputt, merci de ton incroyable travail avec la traduction de la page Environmental impact! Je t'en suis gravement reconnaissant. --Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 16:33, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
- @Gnom: de rien. J'ai fait cela avec plaisir. Mon travail n'était pas grand chose par rapport au tien. Bon courage pour la suite. Pamputt (talk) 18:22, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
- Merci! Si tu veux, tu pourrais aussi ajouter ta signature à la liste des soutiens. :-) --Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 20:38, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Preparing pages for translationEdit
Hi. Please read the translation documentation and be careful while preparing pages for translation. By this edit you destroyed the whole translation block and all the existing translations, forcing the translators to translate the already translated text from scratch (sorry for the tautology). I fixed it this way: . On ToolTranslate you included the code and urls and all the untranslatable stuff into the translation blocks, which is wrong. Besides, the headers should be split from the base text. I fixed it this way.
Please remember that being a translation admin is not simply being able to push a button. Please read the documentation and prepare the pages accordingly. Thanks!--Piramidion 12:53, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
J'ai vu que tu seras à l'AG de Wikimédia France et c'est cool, tu pourras y revoir Lyokoï et François Goglins. Je ne pourrai pas y être, et du coup, est-ce que je pourrais éventuellement te passer une procuration ? -- Noé (talk) 12:06, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Masti: thanks. Indeed it works. However, I am rather sure that I was connected. BTW I reloaded the page and it worked. Pamputt (talk) 21:32, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Masti: I continue to think about that blocking. Today an IP on French Wikipedia says that it has been blocked because of vandalism whereas he did not. Here you blocked a lot of IP. I know that this block is used by my ISP (OVH France, see this for example) for his customer. I think it is really important to allow IPs to edit on the Wikimedia projects. Since my IP address (within this range) is static, I think you should remove this block and block only vandal IP address. Or at least, do a block on a smaller range. Pamputt (talk) 22:00, 26 November 2017 (UTC)
Translation request for New Readers Inspire Campaign-- and thanks!Edit
Hi there! I'm contacting you because you've volunteered your time in the past to help translate Inspire Campaigns, or you've expressed an interest about helping to translate. We have a new campaign starting soon about new readers, as we try to encourage contributors to develop ideas on how to inform and invite people to use Wikipedia, especially in places where folks are not aware of it. There are two pages that will need translation:
There will be one additional page for translation that includes the questions we will be asking idea creators when they submit ideas for the campaign. I will notify you when that prose is ready.
Finally, thank you for your support; it's very important to me that these campaigns are accessible to folks across non-English Wikimedia projects, and I wouldn't be able to do that without your time and effort. In appreciation, I'd like to send you a postcard from Chicago where I reside. If you'd like to receive a postcard from me, please e-mail me with an address I contact you at to my work e-mail, cschilling wikimedia.org. I realize this is private information, so if you would prefer not to receive a postcard, that is understandable. Your work to make our projects accessible to everyone is no less appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions about the prose regarding translation. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 20:33, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
Je vous remercie pour votre réponse. Bien sûr, on a fusionné l'atelier et la présentation dans une seule session de 45 minutes. Vous présenterez aussi le contenu de cette session dans Tool demos dans une présentation de 5 minutes. Vous aurez aussi une autre présentation de 7 minutes. Elle est intitulée How to increase the visibility of minority languages in Wiktionary et aura lieu ce samedi à 13:51. On en parlera en détail demain soir et ajustera le programme final ensemble si vous serez à Tunis.
Timeless Newsletter • Issue 2Edit
The news: Themes are coming to Timeless! Your infobox and navbox templates in particular are probably going to look absolutely horrible in the new built-in night mode.
For more information, background, plans and progress updates, please see the full issue on Meta, complete with a ridiculous list of phabricator task links, gratuitous mention of other skins, and me complaining about the current state of MediaWiki skinning in general.
Mettre pour traductionEdit
Bonjour Pamputt, peux-tu s'il te plaît mettre Wikimedia Community of Tatar language User Group pour qu'on la traduise ? il nous faut un translate admin. Merci d'avance.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 05:38, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Salut Reda, je viens de rendre la page traduisible :) Pamputt (talk) 05:45, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Reda Kerbouche: the problem is what I have done has « broken » the translation in Tatar that has been done by Тимерхан. The way to recover it is to have a look here and to copy the old messages. I started to do it but since I do not speak this language, I stop because I do not want to make any mistake. I let you continue. Please ask me whether you need any help. Pamputt (talk) 05:51, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Merci beaucoup, je crois qu'il pourra le retraduire.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 08:59, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hello, Pamputt! I added some text to the User Group page, but can't mark new text for translation. I tried to do something, and in vain. Could you help me? --Тимерхан (talk) 23:50, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Тимерхан. I marked the new version for translation. For the next time, please do not add the translation number (<!--T:17--> for example) by hand. This is done automatically by the software and adding them by hand "disturbs" it. Good luck for the translation. Pamputt (talk) 05:54, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks. --Тимерхан (talk) 01:52, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! How to mark the new version for translation? --Тимерхан (talk) 07:19, 14 October 2018 (UTC)
- So, I need to write you about this every time, right? --Тимерхан (talk) 03:19, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Тимерхан: more or less, I or someone else who is translation administrator. For Wikimedia Community of Tatar language User Group, I gonna add it in my watchlist so that I marked it for translation each time I see someone edit it. If I do not do it, you can ping me from the "Comment" field when you edit the page. Pamputt (talk) 08:36, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ok, thank you. --Тимерхан (talk) 11:59, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! First point of the table in UG page is not marked. Help with this, please. --Тимерхан (talk) 03:51, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Your Community Wishlist Survey proposalsEdit
Thanks for participating! This is a friendly reminder that you have made three proposals, which is the limit. If you have anymore ideas for proposals, you should find other users to adopt them. Kind regards, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 15:41, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hi MusikAnimal (WMF), since I merge one of my trequest with an already existing one (I merged Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Miscellaneous/Graph extension to Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Reading/Improve graphs and interactive content). Does it count for one? Otherwise I also proposed Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wiktionary/Custom list for language learner and Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Watchlists/Automatically add subpages in the watchlist that count for sure as two proposals. Pamputt (talk) 23:25, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
Mettre pour traduction 2 =)Edit
Bonjour Pamputt, peux-tu s'il te plaît mettre les page pour qu'on les traduise? Merci d'avance
- Scratch olympiad/Rules
- Scratch olympiad/2019
- Scratch olympiad/2019/Team.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 16:48, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Reda Kerbouche: salut, je viens de rendre possible la traduction de ces pages. J'en ai profité pour changer la position des tags « translate ». Et pour le header et le footer, il faut les traduire ici et là. Pamputt (talk) 17:21, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- merci beaucoup Pamputt.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 17:43, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Il y a un seul problème si dans Rules en met pas tout le code pour la traduction, on ne peut pas avoir le test de l'intérieur traduit. puisque je vais crée de page à part pour la langue que je veux des pages. comme Scratch olympiad/Rules3/ru.--Reda Kerbouche (talk) 17:49, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
Peux-tu mettre ces pages aussi pour la traduction comme sa il n'y aura pas de problème
- Scratch olympiad/Rules1/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules2/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules3/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules4/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules5/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules6/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules7/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules8/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules9/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules10/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules11/en
- Scratch olympiad/Rules12/en ----Reda Kerbouche (talk) 18:21, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Reda Kerbouche: ah ok j'ai compris. En fait, c'est mal fait. Il faut que la page principale soit Scratch olympiad/Rules1 et lorsqu'on applique la traduction Scratch olympiad/Rules1/en est automatiquement créé. Je suis obligé de renommer sinon Scratch olympiad/Rules1/en/en, Scratch olympiad/Rules1/en/ru, etc seront créés. J'ai déjà fait pour Scratch olympiad/Rules1 et Scratch olympiad/Rules2. Dis-moi si ça convient avant que je continue. Pamputt (talk) 18:45, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Gnom. I did it. Goog luck for translation. Pamputt (talk) 18:55, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
Timeless Newsletter • Issue 3Edit
Welcome to the third issue of the Timeless newsletter, complete with a somewhat dubious explanation of where I've been all this time.
Somewhat dubious explanation of where I've been all this time:
I suffered a rather bad concussion in October, which knocked me pretty much completely out of commission through November, and I'm still recovering even now. One person = bus factor of one, even though it wasn't actually a bus but a very short flight of stairs.
- Random bugs have been fixed. More bugs have been found. For a full list of horrors, see the workboard.
- Implementing themes (T131991: the dark/night mode and winter variants of the skin) has proven far more complicated than initially thought, lacking either the extension, or preferably, some core support for this functionality. Thus:
- I have submitted a Request for Comment proposing to merge Extension:Theme into core - this will enable skins to specify style variants as distinct options for users to select in their preferences by letting the skin specify the styles separately for each, a much neater way of implementing this than some of the existing hacks.
- Jack Phoenix has already submitted a patch to do this. We simply need the buy-in and consensus to merge it, and to resolve whatever issues may arise from this wider review.
Until next time, hopefully with no further injuries,
The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your supportEdit
Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.
A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.
While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), you can also add others. If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Eihel and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 13:20, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
Timeless Newsletter • Issue 4Edit
Welcome to the fourth issue of the Timeless newsletter, with a cat! Or maybe not.
Un chat qui miaule???
It's true! The angry cat, a fundamental part of Timeless, has resulted in confusion and bug reports all across the projects and phabricator. And now it shall be immortalised forever in the new, shiny Timeless logo.
After putting off the project for three months because I got hit in the head with a flight of stairs, and then putting off the project for another two months while working out what the status of the grant was, I have now put off the project even more in order to focus on my other project for a bit. So progress lately has been a bit whims-based as a result:
- The project now has a logo. For some reason.
- The angry cat in the background is now customisable! Behold: not a cat. What would you like to replace it with on your project?
- I broke, unbroke, and then sort of sideways broke all the form styles. Help.
- The French Wiktionary voted to set Timeless as their default skin, with results possibly as you might expect: I ran away and hid, and the WMF said no. A bit of discussion later and we largely agreed that all else aside, this is a bit of a branding issue, but we love the enthusiasm! Also the bug reports that inevitably come out of such a discussion. I'm still working on properly going through those.
- Theme support is still stuck in limbo, but now we have another skinning RfC. tl;dr, we wanna replace the entire skinning system, and Skizzerz'll write a prototype later.
I will be fully resuming work on Timeless next week, or maybe the week after, depending on what madness (or illness) comes out of the Hackathon in Prague. Please come talk to me there to discuss strategy!