|← Index of discussion pages||Babel||archives (latest) →|
| This is the general discussion forum for Meta (this wiki). Before you
please note the following:
Per Meta:Requests for adminship/Tks4Fish, I propose we add under "Administrative actions on Meta" the following provision - Admin actions related to Steward request pages as well as Stewards/Elections / Stewards/Confirmations. I see this analogous as how we grant limited adminship to trusted users to manage Chapter / Affiliates pages such as Meta:Requests for limited adminship/Willie Robert. Ideas. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 14:39, 9 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support Sensible Leaderboard (talk) 14:40, 9 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support --Novak Watchmen (talk) 05:22, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose without clarification, what exactly are actions related to these pages supposed to be that will address the situation that started this? Is there an issue that the action related to the pages (e.g. protect/delete) were an issue @Camouflaged Mirage:? The only contentious thing in that RfA had to do with actions related to users (i.e. blocking). — xaosflux Talk 13:40, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
I would prefer that the conversation takes place on the relevant talk page, and a pointer to the discussion appear here. (missing userid: User:Billinghurst) 00:00, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
Global bot policy changesEdit
Remove MediaWiki handbook from MetaWikiEdit
On MetaWiki, we have many outdated pages. Sometimes some contributors update them, migrate them to use Translate extension to easily maintain translations, or updates translations. This work is painful and mainly useless because it has been made twice (both here and on mw-wiki).
In December 2015, Base has enabled by default CurIDLink gadget. This gadget adds a “Link by ID” link in tools menu. This seems me duplicating permalink link which is already available. Do you use this tool? Do you agree to remove default-enabling of this gadget? You will be still able to enable it manually. --Pols12 (talk) 14:50, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
- As far as I know, we had a discussion back then. The "Link by ID" allows to link the latest version of a page, which was perceived to be a useful native URL shortener. I personally use it regularly because pages on Meta often have very long titles.
- Since the introduction of the w.wiki URL shortener, maybe people have different needs now. So it makes sense to discuss the matter again. However, the curid is a far superior method of URL shortening, because it doesn't lose any information and it's guaranteed to work as long as MediaWiki exists. Nemo 15:40, 12 April 2021 (UTC)