|← Discussion pages||Wikimedia Forums||Archives →|
The Wikimedia Forum is a central place for questions, announcements and other discussions about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. (For discussion about the Meta wiki, see Meta:Babel.)
You can reply to a topic by clicking the "" link beside that section, or you can start a new discussion.
|SpBot archives all sections tagged with
Training on using the Wiki ApplicationsEdit
I've just re-donated to support Wikipedia for another year. But, I think I only scratch the surface of using it and the other related Wiki offerings. How can I get training (e.g. videos) on how to use all of the offerings? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:38, 22 September 2022
Admins of Greek wikipediaEdit
Hello! I would like to know where I can to denounce the admins behavior of the Greek wp, for violation of policies. Thank you. HBPEMD (talk) 17:42, 26 February 2023 (UTC)
- I suppose you could open a discussion at w:el:Βικιπαίδεια:Σημειωματάριο διαχειριστών, they have ~20 admins that can check each other. — xaosflux Talk 21:58, 27 February 2023 (UTC)
- help , I went down that rabbit hole yesterday because I wanted to correct some discrepancies on my village's page, I shocked & the more I click the more I find. I'm too new and overwhelmed at how horrible it is to even know how to help. Vialitsa (talk) 17:37, 11 March 2023 (UTC)
- First of all, sorry for my bab english, i use translator.
- They are all inactive. In fact, at the moment there are only 2 administrators - the very ones who are causing the problems. The rest are either inactive, or come in for 5 minutes whenever they can.
The conversations I open up all end in my blocking, and not just me. Other users are being abused, I just decided to come here. Most people just leave the wp. 184.108.40.206 00:43, 28 February 2023 (UTC)
The Japanese translation of the e-mail asking for donationEdit
The Japanese version of the e-mail asking for donation was sent to Japanese Wikipedia users, but I have received multiple complaints about the content of the e-mail: the title of the e-mail completely looks like a spam, and the wording is quite rude. Where do I discuss the translation problem of the donation e-mail?--さえぼー (talk) 10:58, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
- Would you care to come over to MSIG Forum please? -- Omotecho (talk) 15:48, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
নাহিদ ফার্নিচার ব্যবসাEdit
অনুবাদ Mehedi hasan kushila (talk) 14:22, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program SubmissionsEdit
Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at email@example.com or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.
One request - two stewardsEdit
i have the impression that something is going on here. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Checkuser/2023-03#ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη@el.wikipedia_2
The first steward starts the checkuse, and the second steward finishes it without taking into account what the first steward writes.
where to file a complaint to get an explanation? ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη (talk) 19:12, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
- @ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη: This is quite normal, and certainly not against policy. Although a single steward would normally do the entire request, in this case it looks like AmandaNP started the request, declined it due to lack of evidence and then once further evidence was supplied (in that request, by Ιπποκράτης2020 it seems) Sotiale re-evaluated the request, made a check and completed it. I see you've already left AmandaNP a message (though not Sotiale, at least about this complaint), so I'd recommend either awaiting their explanations or, as you've had pointed out to you, contact the Ombuds commission if you think relevant policy has been broken. — TheresNoTime (talk • they/them) 19:37, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
- Amanda not declined. The label was "hold", "...For now I have removed the evidence you have linked as it potentially falls under the Oversight policy. I will do the same on elwiki. Please do not repost until I get a response from meta oversighters and my fellow stewards. I'll review your checkuser case in due course - this is not an endorsement at this time." ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη (talk) 19:47, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
Osama Khalid and Ziyad al-SofianiEdit
Where can I find information on how the Wikimedia Foundation has addressed the arrests of Osama Khalid and Ziyad al-Sofiani? I know that the WMF is active in advocacy for free speech and legal rights in that area; what part of the WMF is responsible for that? I'm curious if this advocacy involves any attempt to work with national or international organizations that are equipped to address the arrests of these two administrators. Thebiguglyalien (talk) 01:19, 16 March 2023 (UTC)
Board of Trustees have ratified the UCoC Enforcement GuidelinesEdit
Hello all, an important update on the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement Guidelines:
The vote on the Enforcement Guidelines in January 2023 showed a majority approval of the Enforcement Guidelines. There were 369 comments received and a detailed summary of the comments will be published shortly. Just over three-thousand (3097) voters voted and 76% approved of the Enforcement Guidelines. You can view the vote statistics on Meta-wiki.
As the support increased, this signifies to the Board that the current version has addressed some of the issues indicated during the last review in 2022. The Board of Trustees voted to ratify the Enforcement Guidelines. The resolution can be found on Foundation wiki and you can read more about the process behind the 2023 Enforcement Guidelines review on Diff.
There are some next steps to take with the important recommendations provided by the Enforcement Guidelines. More details will come soon about timelines. Thank you for your interest and participation.
On behalf of the UCoC Project Team, JPBeland-WMF (talk) 21:11, 24 March 2023 (UTC)
Hi! I was wondering if we could maybe in the future have a television channel? The thing is even nowadays not everyone in the world has access to a computer but mostly everyone in urban areas at least has access to television sets, and so that would be a great idea as far as educating the world, which is what the wikipedia project basically is about. What do you think? Thanks and God bless! Antonio Now I'm Jeanette Martin (yo!) 14:41, March 28, 2023 (UTC)
Some of our articles are very long. Would it be a good idea to have a new Wikipedia which would be a condensed Wikipedia? In it we could put the articles we have but only with the most important information about the subjects. That way, it would be easier for children, for example, and people who do not enjoy reading that much, to learn about the subjects we talk about. Whatcha ya all think? Thanks again, and God bless you! Antonio Incredibly silly Martin (yo!) 14:45, March 28, 2023 (UTC)
- Hi @AntonioMartin:. This broad idea has been proposed and discussed a few times before. See Concise Wikipedia for an overview, and the last section there for a listing of the many existing "summary" types (as of 2014) which we should avoid re-re-reinventing! In a nutshell, the "introduction" section of an article is meant to serve as a summary. I hope that helps. Quiddity (talk) 23:02, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
Help on Article on Sanket GoelEdit
Hey, I need some help in this article on Sanket Goel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Sanket_Goel) which has been declined 3-4 times. Please help me out guys. I would be really grateful. 2405:201:6000:41DA:C992:B23:A391:859F 14:46, 1 April 2023 (UTC)