Updates associated with DannyS712's Global watchlist script:
- I am investigating adding more context to each entry that is shown (such as the edit summaries, tags, patrol marks, the user who made the edit, etc.). Is there any desire for such additions? If so, what should be added first, and what is a low priority? Please leave feedback on the relevant phabricator task, phab:T238300.
- Recent additions
- Site validation has been overhauled. Rather than hard-coding a list of valid sites, users will be able to watch any site where they have an attached local user account. If a site is rejected as invalid, please ensure that there is indeed a local account attached to your global account.
- Users will now be alerted regarding the results of attempting to update their settings.
- Live updates have been added - when activated, the script will refresh in the background, and then load the new feed, every 7.5 seconds. In the future, this frequency may be configurable.
- OOUI icons have been added to most buttons.
- There is now an option to eliminate the confirmation dialog when marking all sites as seen.
- WARNING: Starting with version 6.1, site aliases currently used when saving settings will be removed, and only sites in the form of `lang.project` will be accepted.
- As noted in the last update, marking a site as seen now uses
entirewatchlist, which means that any changes to watched pages between when the watchlist was loaded and when the site was "marked as seen" may be ignored.
- Next release
Version 6.0 was just finalized for the development and stable branches of the script.
To subscribe or unsubscribe from future updates, see the distribution list.
Thanks, --DannyS712 (talk) 21:03, 22 November 2019 (UTC)