/Archive

About WP:BIGDELETE intervention on eswiki.Edit

Greetings. I'm the owner of the sandboxes that were requested to hace their history merged. It was a large list of 31 articles to be merged, therefore, I had to make an special request at the board on eswiki on two parts.
Thank you very much for merging some of these this morning, but I've noticed that there are still some remaining and are the ones from part 2 of the original request. I don't know if you overlooked them because they were not on the first part or because you had some trouble doing the merger. If it was because you couldn't understand the request post, the remaining ones are in a separate list below the line that reads Artículos involucrados (parte 2). The article with the definitive name is the same as the first part. Thanks.--MexTDT (talk) 23:15, 19 November 2020 (UTC)

MexTDT, hi, you are welcome. I just postponed them to do in a second batch because I had to go AFK. I will finish merging in an hour or so :) --Base (talk) 23:40, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
I understand, take your time. Thank you very much.--MexTDT (talk) 23:43, 19 November 2020 (UTC)

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 01:26, 27 November 2020 (UTC)

HelpEdit

Hello. Kindly take a look at Мала академія народних мистецтв (МАНМ), it seems out of scope to me and I'd like to confirm it. --Minorax (talk) 04:10, 29 November 2020 (UTC)

Indeed, thanks :) --Base (talk) 15:35, 29 November 2020 (UTC)

Sysop in vi.wiktionaryEdit

Regarding this. I've contacted the vi.wiktionary's crat on 3 different channels (Wiktionary, Wikipedia and Wikidata). If he doesn't respond within a month from now, can you just go ahead and grant sysop flag to the user elected by the community? We don't want to decrat someone just because of one isolated incident. Thanks! Nguyentrongphu (talk) 04:19, 9 December 2020 (UTC)

Nguyentrongphu, yes, I personally think that would be reasonable enough at that point, though I will consult with colleagues before undertaking such an action. I have also now messaged them on Facebook and via Jabber, hopefully one of our attempts to reach them does succeed. --Base (talk) 04:45, 9 December 2020 (UTC)

Вандализм в Татарской ВикипедииEdit

Доброе утро! Посоветуйте пожалуйста с вопросом автоматической отмены правок участника w:tt:User:Marat-avgust и его робота w:tt:User:IanraBot в Татарской Википедии от 27 и 28 октября 2020 года. Данные правки обсуждались в ТатВики, были подтверждены и другими админами, что участник (к тому же он неактивный админ) занимается Вандализмом. Так-как у нас нет бюрократа, то и лишить статуса админа мы его не можем, а блокировку он сможет легко убрать в любой момент, поэтому надо еще и лишить его статуса админа, а второго статуса бота.--Ilnur efende (talk) 06:08, 25 December 2020 (UTC)

(Для истории, поскольку обсудили в Телеграме: сообщество татарской Википедии проведёт голосование по снятию с участника флагов администратора и бота и подаст запрос к ботоводам откатить изменения сделанные этим участником.) --Base (talk) 12:57, 29 December 2020 (UTC)

3 бессрочных блокировки по ошибке в литовской ВикипедииEdit

Добрый день! Около недели назад 3 участника литовской Википедии (w:lt:User:Sociaken, w:lt:User:Kaulaz и w:lt:User:Nojucka) были бессрочно заблокированы по ошибке. Одним словом, администраторы подумали, что все эти 3 участника якобы являются моими куклами (см. w:ru:Википедия:Многоликость), но это не так! Вы можете в этом убедится, сравнив мой ip-адрес с ip-адресом этих кукол. Администраторам данного раздела я уже писал, но они на это никак не реагируют. Прошу разобратся с этим беспорядком. --7elteven (talk) 12:49, 2 January 2021 (UTC)

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 14:50, 4 January 2021 (UTC)

Принцип работы инструмента переводаEdit

При переводе подготовленного на русском отчёта инструмент перевода продублировал теги языков поверх уже готового /ru. Как-то это можно исправить, ну или хотя б откатить, дабы я всё сделал по новой? Заранее спасибо. Красныйwanna talk? 16:15, 7 January 2021 (UTC)

Красный, привет, исправил. Необходимо отмечать к переводу страницу без суффикса языка. Это несколько необычно когда статья не на английском является источником перевода, но поскольку в данном случае перевод проводится именно с русского это правильно и нормально. --Base (talk) 19:31, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
Ну, мне просто не нравилось, что у нас типично статья на русском с англоязычным заголовком, так что попытался как-то это исправить. Вышло не ахти. :) Спасибо. Красныйwanna talk? 22:51, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
Красный, да, по-хорошему название должно быть на русском, а для английского указываться перевод в первом блоке перевода (как обычно при переводе с английского). Если решишь переименовать страницу группы, обрати внимание что был раньше такой баг: phab:T114592, написано что пофиксили, но я всё же, от греха подальше, начал бы переименование с переводимых подстраниц, а корневой переводимой страницей группы бы уже закончил. --Base (talk) 23:07, 7 January 2021 (UTC)

A request to have the deletion of my user-page undoneEdit

Hi Base: I know this is ancient history, but until today I did not have the courage to ask you about this. In 2017 you deleted my user page with this explanation:"not created by the user", and I have always been puzzled by your action.

I simply cannot figure out why anyone would want to put information on my user-page that was so offensive that it required an admin to delete the page, rather than simply reverting the content if it was deemed offensive.

I would like to have my page returned to the same condition it was in on the day it was deleted. I am particularly interested in the contribution history of my page.

Thanks in advance, Ottawahitech (talk) 16:52, 2 February 2021 (UTC)

Hi Ottawahitech. It had one revision only, so I could not revert it, so had to delete it instead :) It was created by User:Breezy macma and said "Beyonce and nicki minaj". The user was just making nonsense edits here and there. --Base (talk) 17:47, 2 February 2021 (UTC)

Requests for global IP block exemptionEdit

@Base: Dear Sir, I have placed a request for Global IP block exempt in Steward requests/Global permissions, If you don't mind can you review my request for Global IP block exempt right and tell me that I am eligible or not?. Thanks --BubblySnow  💬 12:28, 3 February 2021 (UTC)

BubblySnow, hi, as a matter of fact I have already replied there about a minute ago :) --Base (talk) 12:29, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
Hey, Yaa I saw Just right now, Thanks for your suggestion and information. BubblySnow  💬 12:32, 3 February 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

Following the regular call, in SWAN after hours: Wikimedia Meet Jitsi social event with brainstorming for possible Nano Charter ideas, plus any other topics.

--Pharos (talk) 17:53, 18 February 2021 (UTC)

A few question in regards to TranslateWikiEdit

Hey there, User:Base! I hope all's well with you.

You granted me temporary adminship on December 2 for hyw Wikipedia (view here) and I've got a question! I know TranslateWiki interface translations take time, but some features have not yet changed. For example, hyw Wiki search filters are still the default from hy Wiki, even though there are no such terms left untranslated on TW. Any advice on that? Please let me know if you can be of any help with this, as I'm a little confused.

Best, Shahen --Շահէն (talk) 14:03, 24 February 2021 (UTC)

Շահէն, hello. Do you mean "Search by relevance" and such? It is in this group, it has quite a few messages to be translated: https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&group=ext-advancedsearch&language=hyw&filter=!translated&action=translate . If you add ?uselang=qqx (or &uselang=qqx if the URL already had a "?") to the URL then you will load the page with message names instead of their values. Then you can go to TWN (TranslateWiki.Net) and open the page MediaWiki:<the message name>/hyw and edit it. Or you can just search for translations using the search field on TWN main page. --Base (talk) 00:17, 26 February 2021 (UTC)
Hi User:Base! I know how to translate these, but sometimes content that have been translated on TranslateWiki are still in default mode when you check it on the interface of hyw Wiki. Let me know if there's something I'm missing. Is there something interface admins should do from backend, or is this completely solvable via TranslateWiki by regular users as well? Please advise, and thank you again for your swift reply! Best, --Շահէն (talk) 12:44, 1 March 2021 (UTC)

WikicondensedmilkEdit

Hello. Is that a joke or what? 𝟙𝟤𝟯𝟺𝐪𝑤𝒆𝓇𝟷𝟮𝟥𝟜𝓺𝔴𝕖𝖗𝟰 (𝗍𝗮𝘭𝙠) 21:42, 6 March 2021 (UTC)

It isn't :) Ukrainian Wikipedia uses pictures of condensed milk cans instead of barnstars, and this project brings it to real life. Gotta update userpage though, I mostly focus on other stuff nowadays. --Base (talk) 19:54, 7 March 2021 (UTC)
Interesting. Yum. 𝟙𝟤𝟯𝟺𝐪𝑤𝒆𝓇𝟷𝟮𝟥𝟜𝓺𝔴𝕖𝖗𝟰 (𝗍𝗮𝘭𝙠) 19:57, 7 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:34, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Приховай.Edit

Привіт! Дякую за блокування. І приховай, будь ласка.--Nickispeaki (talk) 23:59, 21 March 2021 (UTC)

На сторінці Обговорення в Алекса.--Nickispeaki (talk) 00:01, 22 March 2021 (UTC)
Nickispeaki, це ти про яку вікі хоч?) Він вандалить у всіх україномовних іноді… --Base (talk) 07:48, 22 March 2021 (UTC)
Вікімандри... Мене вже і в вікіцитатах того.... ;-0 --Nickispeaki (talk) 00:05, 23 March 2021 (UTC)

Email address to contact the Wikimedia Ukraine chapterEdit

Greetings, Bohdan! This is User:Deborahjay, communities coordinator for the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP) 2021 campaign. I'm updating our list of email addresses and contact people for chapters and user groups worldwide. Please note a discrepancy in email addresses for the Wikimedia Ukraine chapter:

Perhaps the optimal action would be to reconcile these two and ping me here. I'll watch for your response. Thanks! -- Deborahjay (talk) 08:35, 19 April 2021 (UTC)

  • Deborahjay, hi, both email addresses are valid, but info@ is better when timely response is required at the moment. There is also wikimedia-ua-announce lists.wikimedia.org where we have public announcements about our activities (open to both members and non-members) and wikimediaua lists.wikimedia.org is our member only private list. --Base (talk) 08:11, 20 April 2021 (UTC)
Thanks so much, Bohdan, for the info and swift reply! As WPWP's outreach stage aims to put a user name for contact each affiliate, may I list yours as chapter secretary? -- Deborahjay (talk) 09:38, 20 April 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:12, 23 April 2021 (UTC)

User talk:85.238.102.83Edit

Hi. I would have an expectation that as a local admin that where you are blocking someone, that you are in communication with them, rather than playing hand of God only. This is especially the case where you have blocked someone on more than one occasion. Otherwise bringing the matter to your fellow admins attention and informing them of the situation. Thanks.  — billinghurst sDrewth 22:30, 4 May 2021 (UTC)

Hi, billinghurst, I hoped that the action summary I have given when blocking both times was providing sufficient information, but if not I am truly sorry. I hope that the explanation I have given on Minorax's talk page explains the situation better. And FYI as I am 99% sure that the person starting that topic there is the same person as the one blocked, I am going to block them as well. --Base (talk) 14:58, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
For the record I have moved forward to block the ISP range as they kept evading. I have provided some more context at Minorax's talk page. --Base (talk) 15:50, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
Something that we may wish to consider in time is range blocks solely focused on Translation: ns where we have specific user problems, and we can deal with the other issues as they arise with targeted blocks, and abuse filters. Of course I could always write an abuse filter solely focused on Translation: ns and restrict based on IP addresses and other like components, but partial blocks just seems so much easier club to handle.  — billinghurst sDrewth 23:28, 5 May 2021 (UTC)
 It is very unfortunate that Translate does not let one protect particular translation pages. In this case protecting a couple of Ukrainian translations of UCoC and potentially a few other things would do the job (at least it will bring down the frustration of users that were working on those and had to keep an eye on what the LTA is doing to fix it back). A partial block is a good idea I haven't thought about it, because although it is unlikely to have someone from those ISPs being active on Meta as a good faith editor (because there are really just a handful of Ukrainians active here) there is this risk anyway so it is good to limit the harm. As to AbuseFilter well yeah it is possible to create one, but it is usually a pain to maintain those especially when you are dealing with someone with an agenda rather than just a bunch of spambots. --Base (talk) 07:20, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
@Billinghurst For the record, filter 277 is now in place after I had to block a dozen IPs (and revert ~10 translation edits per IP) within an hour or so. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
20:31, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
@1234qwer1234qwer4: Consider doing harder targeted IP blocks for a longer period. As in block IP ranges from Translation: ns for a longer period. We can also consider stopping IP edits on the uk-lang page stem. Sometimes we have to apply benevolent hardships.  — billinghurst sDrewth 00:23, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
Billinghurst, this is a long-term abuser. We don't usually do partial blocks for them. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
13:08, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
@1234qwer1234qwer4: I am not a nonce. I don't normally hand out gratuitous advice, so ... You range blocked for a few days, and I am suggesting that it would be possible to range block a namespace for longer with little likelihood of problematic consequences and maximising the elimination of the problem that we encounter.  — billinghurst sDrewth 13:19, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
The edit filter should be stopping all problematic edits anyway, but feel free to adjust the block settings for it. I am not sure which range you are talking about. Sorry if I sounded unfriendly. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
13:31, 5 June 2021 (UTC)

Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021Edit

Greetings,

I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 26 June, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up under the appropriate section.

Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 14:04, 2 June 2021 (UTC)

Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021Edit

Greetings SWMT member,

I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.

Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:42, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

About os.wikiEdit

Znauri (Qornisi) is part of Georgia and now is occupied by Russia, and there is non-recognized republic South Ossetia, I have made change in this page, I have just written that it's territory of Georgia but administrator of os.wiki has reverted my edit and now I am not able to edit this page because this user has defensed this page, please help me https://os.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%97%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%8B%D1%80&type=revision&diff=494522&oldid=494521 --ჯეო (talk) 10:28, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

ჯეო, please discuss it on the talk page of the article. --Base (talk) 11:16, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

MoveEdit

Please Move the page Grants:Project/Rapid/Hirok Raja/Wiki Loves Women 2021 in Bengali to Grants:Project/Rapid/Hirok Raja/Wiki Loves Women South Asia 2021. Don't keep redirect. Thanks. Hirok Raja   17:15, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

@1234qwer1234qwer4: It is better if you move the page. (Base seems to have gone offline) Hirok Raja   17:28, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
  Done. --Base (talk) 17:31, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 15:00, 22 July 2021 (UTC)

ПредложениеEdit

Здравствуйте, Base!

Вы, как я понимаю хорошо знаете дореформенную орфографию. Ваши знания могут быть полезны для русского викисловаря? Предлагаю начать править викисловарь, здесь права стюарда не нужны, достачно быть автоподтверждённым участником.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 17:27, 19 September 2021 (UTC)

Sunday September 26 SWANniversary Party and All-Affiliates Strategic MeetingEdit

 
Celebrate our first anniversary with SWAN-shaped desserts!

Join the SWANniversary on September 26 as we mark the first year of the Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network!

We will have the regular All-Affiliates Strategic Meeting, to be followed by a SWANniversary Party in the after hours session, likely through spatialized chat on WorkAdventure.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, June, and July SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, we'll look together at strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday September 26, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and .)--Pharos (talk) 18:02, 22 September 2021 (UTC)

requestEdit

Hello Base, Can you please inform me why this is still open? Today is 24 September while closing date was 20 September. Close it whether it's done or not done. Thanks. Hasan (talk) 05:23, 24 September 2021 (UTC)

Hello. Well, as with many things in Wikimedia world it is open because nobody closed it :) I will be in front of a computer in 10 hours or so, if it is still not closed by then by others I will. --Base (talk) 08:46, 24 September 2021 (UTC)

Discussion about CentralNotice Adminship inactivity and membershipEdit

Hello Base. There's an ongoing discussion happening on Meta:Babel that proposes changes to existing Meta:Central notice administrators practices. In particular: membership duration and inactivity. As a current volunteer central notice administrator, your participation in the discussion would be appreciated. Thank you, --MarcoAurelio (via MassMessage) (talk) 10:45, 21 October 2021 (UTC)

кросс-вики проверкаEdit

Меня считают сокпаппетом к учётной записи Энциклопедист свободного контента. Проверьте мою учётную запись на кукловодство.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 09:42, 25 October 2021 (UTC)

Блинов Рюрик Петрович, вы хотите сравнить ланные из Википедии с данными Викисловаря? В любом случае, напишите пожалуйста на SRCU. --Base (talk) 11:57, 25 October 2021 (UTC)
Хорошо кроссвики проверка ненужна, но локальная проверка на сокпаппетство (Я просто заинтересован в том, чтоб энциклопедист свободного контента был разблокирован и стал стюардом).--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 12:09, 25 October 2021 (UTC)

Как защититься от глобальной блокировкиEdit

Как защититься от глобальной блокировки и, что делать если всё-таки заблокируют.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 15:13, 26 October 2021 (UTC)

Если вы о глобальной блокировке IP, то не использовать VPN, прокси, турбо-режим, Tor и т.д. Если всё же попадёте под блокировку, то напишите на SRG. Если же вы о бане учётки, то ... не нарушать правила :) --Base (talk) 20:32, 26 October 2021 (UTC)
Допустим, что меня всё-таки заблокируют глобально, как A.Vajrapani, как добиться разблокировки?--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 06:09, 27 October 2021 (UTC)
Опять же если не нарушать правила, в частности Условия использования (ссылка внизу каждой страницы), то и не забанят. Но если это произойдёт, то все вопросы на ca wikimedia.org . --Base (talk) 07:58, 27 October 2021 (UTC)

Журнал изменения правEdit

Почему ненаписано кто присваивал права участникам: Looxix, Anthere, Solon и т.п.?--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 07:12, 28 October 2021 (UTC)

Потому что во времена динозавров ещё не изобрели письменность :) --Base (talk) 15:06, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
Now, now... help me... what does it say ? :) Anthere (talk) 22:41, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
Anthere, Riurik is wondering why it isn't written who has granted rights to you and the others. To which I responded that in times of the dinosaurs literacy wasn't invented yet :) Obviously your rights predate proper logs :) --Base (talk) 22:59, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
А можно ли восстановить эти сведения, как лингвисты восстанавливают праиндоевропейский, прагерманский, праславянский, прауральский, праностратический языки, догреческий, дофинно-угорский, доиндоевропейский, доведический субстраты и т.п.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 06:32, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
Наверное можно при желании. Тут как раз у Anthere можно спросить. Any idea where the permissions changed were logged in some form back in the days? Or did people just poke each other on IRC to have flags granted and that was it? --Base (talk) 09:59, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
I completely confirm that Looxix (who is no more active I believe) and I are dinosaurs and precede many logs set ups. Before single log-in, I used to have Account #3 on the French Wikipedia with MediaWiki (and Brion Vibber had #1 and #2...). And I became an admin in the first version of the software (over a year before Mediawiki was installed), when there was no admin rights management at all ! I actually was given direct access to the server by Jimbo around summer 2002, and I was deleting articles using code directly on the server (oh my God !!!). So yeah... my first rights on Wikipedia were granted by Jimbo... On Commons, the rights were granted by Eloquence. On meta... I have no memory, very likely Brion Vibber. Anthere (talk) 18:47, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Sunday October 31 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
A swan reflects.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June, July, and September SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter Drafting Committee Set Up Process, Next Steps for Brand Work, 2021, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday October 31, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call a half-hour later in UTC time due to WikidataCon*.)--Pharos (talk) 01:22, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

DonRumataEdit

@Герман Мейстер

Я не уверен, но мне кажется

Участник DonRumata удаляет многие страницы, созданные участниками Викисловаря, под названиями: свободное словосочетание, окказионализм и т.д. Я не знаю считается ли это нарушением правил и нужно ли снимать с него флаги бюрократа и/или администратора, но похоже на злоупотребление прав???--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 08:40, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Здравствуйте.
Если есть подозрения, нужно изучать вклад. Герман Мейстер (talk) 09:20, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Это вопрос к локальному сообществу. Я его членом в русском Викисловаре не являюсь, а как стюарду здесь на этом этапе нечего делать, сообщество само должно решать кто у них будет администраттром или бюрократом. Стюарды вступают в игру только если администраторы начинают войну администраторов или ещё что-то неприятное что изнутри не решается. --Base (talk) 09:56, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Не могли бы изучить этот вопрос? Со стороны коллег-администраторов должной реакции нет. Обращал внимание DonRumata — молчание. Вопрос не получается решить на локальном уровне. Герман Мейстер (talk) 11:15, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
Может быть я ошибаюсь и вообще пишу ни то, что нужно, но DonRumata ведёт себя в Русском Викисловаре почти, как император и если станет ещё стюардом, то с большой вероятностью присвоит себе всевозможные флаги и будет давить влиянием на других участников. Ещё раз скажу я ни хочу обидеть участников.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 17:08, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

global lock requestEdit

My apologies for writing here. Allow me to explain the situation: I have been trying to submit global lock request for my account on the according page, but it seems I have no permissions to do that.

In attempt to submit request on Special:MyLanguage/Steward_requests/Global I had been blocked by abuse filter, so trying to write there is pointless.

Next, it seems messages sent through Special:EmailUser are ignored because of preferences for "brand-new accounts" (zero edits), so the road is closed here, too.

Since EmailUser does not work for me here, I were supposed to mail you directly, but I totally forgot that yandex banned protonmail from receiving mail, so it bounced my mail back to me.

It seems the sole option to contact you is to write here, unfortunately.

The account is not used (no contributions and no desire to return) and e-mail is unlinked. It is redundant of me to say that it can be compromised in the future to cause cross-wiki harm.

I do not object to be checked by CUs.


And again, I bring my apologies for writing here. I have no idea what to do after stepping on these broken rakes for the whole day. --Renamed user 13B2F31A93 (talk) 14:15, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Визуальное редактированиеEdit

Как мне удалось совершить эту правку, если визуальным редактором нельзя править страницы обсуждения.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 19:45, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Вероятно дописали ?veaction=edit руками. Вместе с тем, советую заняться чем-то более полезным. --Base (talk) 13:33, 6 November 2021 (UTC)
Оперировал с URL.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 09:02, 12 November 2021 (UTC)

Request for Global unblockEdit

Hello, I apologize for writing here, but there is no other way, please take a step on the issue.

Dear Stewards Base and Alaa Please comment on this injustice - I ask for a reasonable approach to my personal application, I do not have another profile, https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Global/2021-w43#Global_lock_for_Elshadiman_sock(s) but they wrote that I was using other profiles Please contact (Check user) and make sure that I have 1 profile and do not need another one. I want to continue my edits because wikipedia has become my way of life and I ask you to remove the block of my profile. The IP address is 85.132.29.163, the block ID is 11796216. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Elshad_Iman_(El%C5%9Fad_%C4%B0man)/Archive_1#October_2014 Perhaps they considered the issue that happened in 2019. In 2019, I wrote to the admins that - Please to stop my User:Elshadiman profile and activate User:Elshad Iman (Elşad İman) profile, because I do my editing with User:Elshad Iman (Elşad İman) in my Azerbaijani and Russian profiles and I do not need an alternative user profile. Thanks --37.26.33.247 12:28, 6 November 2021 (UTC)

SecurePoll для рувикиEdit

Привет. И ты посмотри на User_talk:JSutherland_(WMF)#Ruwiki_users_needs_to_test_secret_ballot_through_SecurePoll, знаешь ли, как нам помочь? MBH (talk) 13:33, 6 November 2021 (UTC)

MBH, привет, ну вопрос и правда к Джо, но если ты хочешь для начала просто поиграться с SecurePoll чтобы посмотреть что оно умеет (там много опций настройки выборов, но я не уверен подойдёт ли какая-то из них под ТЗ рувики), то советую установить себе его на локальном инстансе Медиавики, я год назад без проблем себе устанавливал. --Base (talk) 13:41, 6 November 2021 (UTC)
У меня нет локального инстанса мв и я не планирую его ставить. У меня даже линукса нет, линукс-то я поставить могу, но вот установка мв - у меня сложилось впечатление, что это что-то непростое. К тому же мне нужно, чтобы много людей проголосовало в тестовом голосовании, чтобы посмотреть не выдачу результатов - не на моём же локальном инстансе они голосовать будут. MBH (talk) 14:25, 6 November 2021 (UTC)
MBH, я как-то последние годы больше пользуюсь Убунтой поэтому на Винде давно МВ не ставил, но думаю вариант поставить через XAMPP всё ещё работает. На Убунте я пользуюсь mw:MediaWiki-Docker, довольно удобно. Вообще, в теории, докер ведь и из-под Винды должен работать. Ну а в плане многих людей, можешь ведь локально учёток 5-10 завести. Потратишь конечно на это где-то час, но терпимо. --Base (talk) 14:36, 6 November 2021 (UTC)

RuEdit

Здравствуйте, прошу прощения за то, что написали здесь, но другого пути нет, пожалуйста, примите меры по этой проблеме.

Уважаемый коллега! Прокомментируйте, пожалуйста, эту несправедливость - прошу разумно подойти к моему личному заявлению, другого профиля у меня нет https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Global/2021-w43#Global_lock_for_Elshadiman_sock(s ), но они написали, что я использую другие профили. Свяжитесь с (Check user) и убедитесь, что у меня есть 1 профиль и мне не нужен другой. Я хочу продолжить свои правки, потому что википедия стала моим образом жизни, и я прошу вас удалить блокировку моего профиля. IP-адрес - 85.132.29.163, идентификатор блока - 11796216. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Elshad_Iman_(El%C5%9Fad_%C4%B0man)/Archive_1#October_2014 Возможно, они считали проблему тем, что произошло в 2019 году. В 2019 году я написал администраторам, что - пожалуйста, остановите мой профиль пользователя: Elshadiman и активируйте профиль пользователя: Elshad Iman (Elşad İman), потому что я редактирую с - Elshad Iman (Elşad İman) в моем Азербайджанский и русский профили, и мне не нужен альтернативный профиль пользователя. Спасибо --37.26.33.247 17:34, 6 November 2021 (UTC)

Source languageEdit

Hello Base. I have a translation set up issue. I wanted to set up translation for https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiChallenge_Ecoles_d%27Afrique, but my source language is French, not English. I have looked in depth, but have not found how to set up French as the source language. How does that work ? Anthere (talk) 16:57, 9 November 2021 (UTC)

Anthere, you have to change the content language to French. If you open page information there would be a link to do that. And from then on you just tag page for translation and Translate would figure out that translation has to be from French. --Base (talk) 19:47, 9 November 2021 (UTC)
The problem is that I do not see where to find that « Information Page ». The way I did it is that I had the content in French at WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique. I added the language tags, and then I added all the translate elements. At no point I could see a place where I could state that the content was actually in French. When I clicked on the generation of all translation tags, it just did it, but did not ask me in which language it was. So automatically, the system assumed that it is in English.
So I suppose what you are saying is that I should pretend to translate the source content in French (which would be simply copy pasting Source in French, to French subpage). And then translating the source itself from French to English ? This is kinda weird, but I do not see how else to do it. Anthere (talk)
But bottom line... this system means that only English can be the source. Which somewhat sucks... Anthere (talk)
😅. Anthere, I actually also sent you a video in Telegram yesterday, but I did not realise you are not online, sorry, I should have just been clearer here. Pqge information is in the sidebar. I could give the direct link but I want people to be able to find the pages on their own (you and whomever would be reading this else). What should be done now is the page has to be removed from translation, the content language of the source changed, and then translation has to be enabled again. --Base (talk) 09:10, 10 November 2021 (UTC)
I did not see it yesterday ! Now, I GET IT. Thanks. Learned something today... I am good. Anthere (talk)

wikt:ru:BaseBotEdit

Я заметил Вы создали данного бота и написали в русском викисловаре, что он может всё. Если это так можете сделать так, чтобы он добавлял разделение на слоги и морфемный разбор в залитые ботами, деепричастия.--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 09:00, 12 November 2021 (UTC)

Технически может, но я боюсь что нужно ТЗ с алгоритмом как это самое разбитие делать. На слоги я в принципе могу попробовать догадаться как разбирать, но с морфемным разбором не уверен что сам справлюсь. Но вообще я не совсем уверен есть ли это смысл на Викисловаре делать. Там вот уже добавляют возможность подтягивать информацию с лексем на Викиданных через модули — имхо, нужно работать над лексемами и их интеграцией, а не над викитекстом напрямую. --Base (talk) 09:57, 12 November 2021 (UTC)

Наилучший способ добиться разблокировки в русской википедииEdit

Как добавиться разблокировки после этого:

Бессрочная блокировкаEdit

Поскольку вы явно воспринимаете Википедию как площадку для непонятных экспериментов (за что ранее получили топик-бан), а также за призывы преследования ныне живущего человека с разглашением личных данных, что грубо нарушает правила Википедии, вы заблокированы бессрочно.-- Vladimir Solovjev обс 07:34, 21 сентября 2021 (UTC)

--Блинов Рюрик Петрович (talk + contributions) 12:57, 15 November 2021 (UTC)

Sunday November 28 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Chart a new course on the swan ferry.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Hubs+Hubs Workshop, Movement Charter+Drafting Committee, WMDE's 'Future of Wikimedia Governance' proposal, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 28, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 15:45, 25 November 2021 (UTC)