/archive1 -- /archive2 -- /archive3 -- /archive4 -- /archive5 -- /archive6 -- /archive7 -- /archive8 -- /archive9 -- /archive10 -- /archive11 -- /archive12 -- /archives13 -- /archives14 -- /archives15 -- /archives16 -- /archives17

Note on signaturesEdit

Just a note, since I just added the timestamp to a number of your comments on various talk pages: Using four tildes (~~~~) is almost always better, since not only does this provide information about the time a comment was written, their absence also breaks scripts and gadgets enhancing discussions (such as c:COM:Convenient Discussions and mw:DiscussionTools) by preventing them from recognising the end of a comment. Thanks. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
19:40, 25 June 2021 (UTC)

I had no idea... thanks Anthere (talk) 01:40, 26 June 2021 (UTC)

Join Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021Edit

Hello Anthere,

Many thanks for participating in the maiden edition of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos in 2020.

We are glad to inform you that the 2021 edition starts today (1st of July). You are invited to participate in the campaign again this year to help improve the quality of Wikipedia articles with photos. For more information, please visit the campaign page here.

If you have any questions or query please feel free to contact anyone from the Organizing Team of WPWP Campaign.

Kind regards,
Tulsi Bhagat contribs | talk ]
Communication Manager, WPWP Campaign
Message sent using --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:14, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

About os.wikiEdit

Znauri (Qornisi) is part of Georgia and now is occupied by Russia, and there is non-recognized republic South Ossetia, I have made change in this page, I have just written that it's territory of Georgia but administrator of os.wiki has reverted my edit and now I am not able to edit this page because this user has defensed this page, please help me https://os.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%97%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%8B%D1%80&type=revision&diff=494522&oldid=494521 --ჯეო (talk) 10:28, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

GLAMify has completed a report for you! :)Edit


GLAMify has just completed a report you asked for, with suggestions for integrating media from commons:Category:Images from Wiki Loves Africa 2014‎.

The report is waiting for you here. :) Please note that the report pages may get deleted after 60 days, so if you'd like to keep these results around, copy them somewhere else.

Your faithful servant,

Ijonbot (talk) 21:00, 6 July 2021 (UTC)


Hello, I would like to work on English/Hausa articles in the WPWP contest. Thanks DaSupremo (talk) 15:07, 21 July 2021 (UTC)

I am delighted to know you would like to do so ! Anthere (talk) 21:53, 28 July 2021 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #1Edit

Hello Campaigns Newsletter recipients. We are ready to share our first updates:

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers  

The Campaign Product Team

#WPWPCampaign 2021: Request for help with cleanupEdit

Dear Anthere,

Thanks for organizing the #WPWPCampaign 2021 in your community. We are proud of your work and the campaign outcome this year. We are in the process of cleaning up the articles with errors resulting from the campaign and we kindly request your help with this. Please help with cleanup and consider engaging experienced members of your community in the cleanup. The English Wikipedia has created a filter to track all articles edited as part of the campaign: See the tracked articles on the English Wikipedia. Please review these contributions and fix any errors you could find. See #WLA for all contributions made as part of the campaign in your community. T CellsTalk 12:03, 15 September 2021 (UTC)

#Shesaid campaign NigeriaEdit

Wiki Loves Women/SheSaid


I know the #Shesaid campaign is next month and I an thinking of a "Nigerian page of the initiative" on the English Wiki Quotes. New editors will be recruited especially people interested in filling the gender gap on Nigerian content. I already saw the Igbo redlist [Wq/ig/Wikiquote:SheSaid/Redlists]. (Igbo is a local language in Nigeria). I want to do a Nigerian campaign. What do you think? Please do let me know ways this can come into light. 

I would love to hear your opinion. Prithee P (talk) 08:31, 22 September 2021 (UTC)

Hello Prithee. Glad to hear from you !

I think you would be great in getting in touch with User:Tochiprecious on the topic. She will run some activities in Nigeria (but I have no idea if you both live in the same geographical area or very much apart from one another).

At the personal level, I am not sure if it might not give you too much work, but that's pretty much up to you in fact. I'll be happy to support you if you decide to do a Nigerian campaign. It would be great. Also ,please note the redlink page for the English wikiquote here : w:en:Wikiquote:SheSaid/RedLists.

What do you think Tochi ? Interesting in working with Prithee to get that Nigerian campaign of the ground ? Anthere (talk) 14:08, 22 September 2021 (UTC)

Hi User:Anthere it would really be interesting working on it in Nigeria. We already got talking and working towards it.

Regards --Tochiprecious (talk) 14:49, 22 September 2021 (UTC)

Perfect ! Anthere (talk) 19:44, 22 September 2021 (UTC)


Concerning the #Shesaid Nigeria campaign I mentioned earlier this month, I already applied for an individual grant and hopefully will run it later this month. I have added a Nigerian section to the red list and hopefully will add more. I hope this project is a success. Many regards, Precious Prithee P (talk) 19:42, 1 October 2021 (UTC)

Notice of review of adminshipEdit

Hello Anthere. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because it looks that you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2021. If you would like to retain your adminship, please kindly sign there before October 16, 2021. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:01, 9 October 2021 (UTC) —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:02, 9 October 2021 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #2Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers! We are excited to share our updates:

  • Request for Feedback: We have shared our project principles, wireframes for the desktop version, and open questions for you about the team’s event registration project. See the latest status updates here.
Wireframes are design tools that imagine the future interface of the software. We haven’t built anything yet. We need your feedback on these designs so that we can make better product decisions. You can give feedback on the talk page regarding the design and features of the wireframes. We would love to hear your comments to help us establish the next necessary steps for the project.
Please share with us your feedback!
  • Presentations: The Campaign Product team participated in WikiArabia 2021 and WikiConference North America 2021 to give a brief introduction on how the team works. Senior Program Strategist Alex Stinson gave an overview about campaigns and how we can scale the organizing experience within the Movement. Senior Product Manager Ilana Fried gave an introduction about the Product Team and the project wireframes of the first campaign software solution: the on-wiki registration tool. View the recorded presentation here.
  • Team update: We have hired our first team engineer, JCarvalho and our campaign organizing fellow, IBrazal. Newsletter updates will be done by IBrazal and she will be coordinating with you! We hope to have the rest of the engineering team onboard soon! For those of who missed the last Campaign Office Hour, you may watch the recording to know more about the Campaign Product Team.

What is next?

Testers Needed! We will be partnering with YUX, a design research agency, to learn how our team can improve the experience of Wikimedia campaign organizers and participants in Africa. For this reason, we are looking for community members who are willing to be part of the rapid testing sessions. Preferably, we want organizers and editors who have worked in an African context. If you would like to participate in testing, please email ibrazal-ctr wikimedia org.
Upcoming Conferences. Wiki Indaba 2021. This year, the conference will be held virtually on November 5-7, 2021 with the theme "Rethink + Reset : Visions of the future". Read more about the conference here or register to join the event. We will be presenting the registration features on Sunday November 7.
We will also be attending Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021, which will be held virtually again this year on November 5-7, 2021. We will be presenting the registration tool on November 6 as part of our communication and sharing process.
Translation Support. We are also beginning to translate the updates on Registration. If you think your language community would benefit from updates, please translate here.

Invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter for updates!

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:26, 28 October 2021 (UTC)

On-wiki Registration Wireframes (Request for Feedback)Edit

We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!

Creating registration for event

View full Registration Form

First-Version Features

Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
Participants Registration

Access full project principles and wireframes documentation here.

Feel free to share your feedback!

Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it

(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?

Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
Is there anything else you would like to add?

Thank you!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:51, 25 November 2021 (UTC)

Response the question asked on NCPUG project page on Wiki Loves Africa.Edit

Hello :Anthere I hope this message finds you well.

In regard to the question you asked on endorsement section of the project page of Nigerian Commons Photographers Usergroup (NCPUG). [1]

On wiki loves Africa photowalk project. The project belong to the NCPUG and it's for the whole Nigerian community.

And the application comes as a result of the call for the application,

I happens to attend the meeting and we discussed with the user Isla, and we explained to her about our idea of photowalk and she said is a good idea we can proceed.

I do hope this answe your question, Thanks, best regards.Musa Vacho77 (talk) 09:05, 28 December 2021 (UTC)

All right. Thank you for the clarification Anthere (talk)

How we will see unregistered usersEdit


You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.

When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.

Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.

If you have not seen it before, you can read more on Meta. If you want to make sure you don’t miss technical changes on the Wikimedia wikis, you can subscribe to the weekly technical newsletter.

We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.

Thank you. /Johan (WMF)

18:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)

noted Anthere (talk)

This Month in Education: January 2022Edit

About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: ZI Jony 17:28, 24 January 2022 (UTC)

Policy for new logosEdit

Hello Anthere, I just noticed that, some years ago, in the new section: Policy for new logos, you had added an statement: "I (Jimbo) would like to generally discourage this practice,...". I see you were a member of Board of Trustees and the founder of Wikimedia France, So I think it should be the same Jimbo (the founder) that is referenced here. If so, I am interested to know more about the context of that information you reported; for example if it was a meeting or a previous discussions with him somewhere else? (if it happens that you still have that information available at hand). Thanks a lot. Alfa80 (talk) 21:42, 31 January 2022 (UTC)

Hello. You are speaking of something discussed... 17 years ago... I wish I had such a great memory. But given the page updated, and the reference to Jimbo, I expect this was the result of a discussion between Angela (on the board as well), Jimmy and myself. I’d say that the context... is the use of various funny logo variations during Christmas, which created some unstir and complains. Our board meetings back then were mostly hosted on IRC, no real notes that I could find back. But I usually was the one who documented publicly our decisions. Anthere (talk) 22:32, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
Wow, great memory! thanks a lot. It really helped me improve my understanding about that point of view.Alfa80 (talk) 10:41, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
Further context for the fun. It is in French, but you will probably get the sense of that vote, if not enjoy the picts : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia:Sondage/Logo Anthere (talk) 11:24, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
Thanks. I enjoyed the pics a lot, especially the "Fête des Travailleurs" and the "Halloween". Alfa80 (talk) 18:10, 7 February 2022 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: January 2022Edit

Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

This Month in Education: February 2022Edit

About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: ZI Jony 15:09, 28 February 2022 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: February 2022Edit

Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

Campaigns Product Update #3Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Proposal to create new namespaces: We have proposed to create two namespaces, which are “Event” and “Event talk.” This way, we can easily create an Event Center that pulls data from event pages. This Event Center may include tools to create event pages with registration support, a calendar of events, and event statistics, among other features. More importantly, the Event Center will highlight organizing as an essential part of the Wikimedia movement. Please give us feedback on Phabricator or Meta about our proposal to create two new namespaces.
  • Engineering updates: We are excited that we have finished hiring for our engineering team! Three engineers and an engineering manager have joined our team since our last update. In the last few months, they have conducted technical planning and launched the building phase of the project. They are now building the registration tool. You can see the updated team on meta.
  • Design updates: We conducted usability tests with a small group of testers for early feedback on the desktop wireframes. After collecting this feedback, we have developed a new version for desktop wireframes, which will be ready to share in the next few weeks. These desktop wireframes display the user flow of two experiences: one for organizers who want to add registration to their event pages, and another for participants who want to register for an event. Additionally, the design team is also currently working on the first version of mobile wireframes, which will be shared during the next office hour.
1. View the latest desktop wireframes in Figma for Campaign Organizer Prototype and Participant Registration Prototype.
2. Leave us some feedback on the desktop wireframes. Note that we haven’t posted the newest version of the desktop wireframes on the project page yet, but we will soon (and you can feel free to add feedback on any version you have seen).
  • Ambassador updates: Three product ambassadors for the Arabic, French and Swahili communities have now joined our team! They will help us collect feedback from Wikimedia communities about the project and understand the needs of organizers, through gathering first-hand information. These ambassadors are immersed as actual members of these communities, so they will also help us identify the needs of the organizers in our pilot communities. The ambassadors are: M. Bachounda for Arabic communities, Georges Fodouop for French communities, and Antoni Mtavangu for Swahili communities.

What is next?

Next Office Hour: We will be holding an office hour on March 31, 2022 at 15:00 UTC, which will be conducted via Zoom. We invite everyone to attend, and we really hope to see you! The focus will be on the Registration Tool. The team will also be providing community updates on the usability test findings and design highlights for the wireframes. We will also share our current Project timeline and answer any questions you may have. Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
In a few months, we are expecting to have the early testable version of the tool. By then, the team will be doing the first round of general testing and gathering feedback. We are looking forward to adding more features on the tool such as communication support, potentially by the end of this year. If you know other organizers that might be interested in following these developments, please recommend that they subscribe to the newsletter. We want to receive as much feedback as we can.

Thank you!

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:26, 22 March 2022 (UTC)

This Month in Education: March 2022Edit

Women in Red focus on gender studiesEdit

Those interested in WikiGap may be interested in participating in Women in Red's virtual event on gender studies which will be running throughout the month of April. The event page includes extensive redlists with links to potential sources. It might be useful to add a link to Gender gap/News and Events.--Ipigott (talk) 07:00, 29 March 2022 (UTC)

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - March 31, 2022Edit

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be hosting the next office hour to share exciting updates on the Registration Tool and new proposed namespaces for events. We will also be sharing community updates on the usability tests and design highlights of the latest mobile and desktop wireframes.

Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!

Date: March 31, 2022
Time: 15:00 UTC
Zoom Link: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/82046580320

You may also watch Campaigns Office Hour: Introducing the Campaigns Product Team to learn more about the Team and the previous wireframes.

Feel free to send a message to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you want to receive an email reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:37, 30 March 2022 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: March 2022Edit

Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.


The first episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! With our guests Tochi Precious and Guillaume Paumier we talk about Knowledge as a Service. Find the audio podcast and a shortened video version on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 15:45, 13 April 2022 (UTC)

The 2nd episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! Our guests Erica Azzellini and Luca Piantá from Wiki Movimiento Brazil talk about “communitizing” strategy. Find the audio podcast and the video version with English and Portuguese subtitles on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)

The 3rd episode of WIKIMOVE has now dropped! In this new episode we talk with Kannika Thaimai and Ivana Madžarević about innovation and explore the opportunities created by the UNLOCK accelerator within our movement and beyond. Don't hesitate to react on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)

This Month in Education: April 2022Edit

This Month in GLAM: April 2022Edit

  • Australia report: Growing the record of Australian Music
  • Belgium report: About African Pagnes and Belgian music
  • Brazil report: Brazil wins the first place in WLM 2021
  • France report: French GLAM meeting
  • Italy report: Work with GLAMs on Wikisourse and Wikimedia Commons
  • Mexico report: GLAM professionals add an image and become Wikipedians; Edificio Carolino Edit-a-thon
  • New Zealand report: People in Paleontology, Digikult, and copyright term extension for New Zealand
  • Nigeria report: Wikidata for Nigerian Novelist and Novel
  • Poland report: Wikiresidence in progress and workshop Evolution in GLAM in Poland
  • Serbia report: Important activities within the GLAM
  • Sweden report: Training at the National Archives of Sweden; Training at the Stockholm City Museum; Training at the Swedish National Museum of Science and Technology; Improved images from Swedish Performing Arts Agency
  • Switzerland report: Wikidata Coffee Breaks
  • UK report: Khalili Collections
  • Uruguay report: Wikimedistas de Uruguay report
  • USA report: WVU Libraries; Earth Day-2022-SWC; Wiki-Gap
  • AvoinGLAM report: Open Access vs NFT, GLAM School, Saami language, family trees
  • Content Partnerships Hub report: Enter our logo competition; IGO/INGO; Needs assessments research results; Wrapping up some ISA-things
  • WMF GLAM report: 1Lib1Ref, Image Description Week, Commons calls, and the Add an image events
  • Calendar: May's GLAM events
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.


Hi Anthere! Love to share with the group in any manner that can be pleasant for everyone in the UG. I have read the existing work in the group and find it wonderful. Some time ago I tried an offline project in the Mexican state of Chiapas but it was not possible to carry it out a that moment. Hopefully, regardless of the Board election, I can learn more about this so I can work on it in my country. Best,--ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 19:07, 18 May 2022 (UTC)

Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussionEdit

Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion


The Wikimedia sound logo contest is under discussion here, and your input on the talk page is appreciated: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications/Sound_Logo/Contest_proposal There will also be two video conversations on Friday May 27 @11:00 UTC and Tuesday May 31 @15:00 UTC, in case you want to chat live.

Thank you!

VGrigas (WMF) (talk) 00:04, 25 May 2022 (UTC)

This Month in Education: May 2022Edit

This Month in GLAM: May 2022Edit

  • Albania report: Summer of Wikivoyage 2022
  • Argentina report: Face-to-face and virtual events on May
  • Australia report: Over 1000 references added in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand for #1Lib1Ref
  • Belgium report: New Wikidata Property
  • Brazil report: Wiki Loves Espírito Santo is a sucess
  • Estonia report: From university to library
  • Finland report: Photowalks in Southern Finland, spring 2022
  • France report: International Museum Day 2022
  • India report: Digitization of Tibetan Buddhist canons, The International Museum Day 2022 Wikidata Competition
  • Italy report: May in and for museums
  • Kosovo report: Cooperation with the National Gallery of Kosova and Summer of Wikivoyage 2022
  • Malaysia report: WikiGap Malaysia 2022 @ Kuala Lumpur Library
  • New Zealand report: Pacific Arts Aotearoa Wikiproject, Auckland Museum's Exploratory Study and Report back on #1Lib1Ref
  • Poland report: Wikipedian in residence in the National Museum in Cracow; Training at the Wawel Royal Castle National Art Collection; How can we make GLAM’s digital resources more reusable in education?; The International Museum Day 2022 Wikidata Competition
  • Serbia report: New GLAM brochure and Wikilive 2022
  • Sweden report: Rembrandt and others – drawings from the Nationalmuseum in Stockholm; Stockholm Museum of Women’s History; The map book of Heinrich Thome; Sörmland Museum; Wikidata competition – International Museum Day 2022
  • Switzerland report: Diversity in GLAM Program
  • UK report: Khalili Collections
  • Uruguay report: Wikimedistas de Uruguay report: 1bib1ref, Museum of Natural History, and more!
  • USA report: Hackathons and Edit-a-thons
  • Content Partnerships Hub report: International Energy Agency share their knowledge and graphics on Wikipedia
  • Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons report: Uploading files to Wikimedia Commons with OpenRefine: looking for test uploads!
  • WMF GLAM report: Results from 1Lib1Ref May 2022
  • Calendar: June's GLAM events
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

Requête pour statut autopatrollerEdit

Salut @Anthere, s'il vous plaît, j'ai eu à rencontrer quelques difficultés sur mes quinze dernières modifications sur méta en essayant de renommer certaines pages pour rétablir leurs liens avec la page centrale du groupe d'utilisateurs. Mais j'ai rencontré quelques refus durant mes essais de renommage. L'autorisation s'est avérée limitée. N'est-ce pas possible de m'accorder le droit d'autopatrouilleur ?

Merci d'avance CapitainAfrika (talk) 23:29, 2 July 2022 (UTC)

Mais.... ne suffit-il pas que tu fasses suffisamment de contributions pour pouvoir accéder à ce statut ? Anthere (talk)

Merci beaucoup sincèrement pour cet encouragement, oui je pense que je viens d'avancer, d'évoluer un peu considérablement avec mes Contributions après votre réponse.CapitainAfrika (talk) 11:03, 10 July 2022 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitationEdit

Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.

There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:

  • Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
  • Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC

To learn more, visit the event page. If you can't join us, but you are interested in the conversation, we’d be more than happy to hear from you on our Talk page!

Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.

--Mariana Fossatti (WK?) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2022 (UTC)

This Month in Education: June 2022Edit

This Month in GLAM: June 2022Edit

  • Albania report: CEE Spring 2022 in Albania and Kosovo
  • Argentina report: In the middle of new projects
  • Australia report: A celebration, a commitment, an edit-a-thon: Know My Name returns for 2022
  • Belgium report: Heritage and Wikimedian in Residence
  • Brazil report: FIRST WikiCon Brazil & Three States of GLAM
  • Croatia report: Network(ing) effect(s)
  • France report: French open content report promotion
  • Italy report: Opening and closing projects in June
  • Kosovo report: Edit-a-thon with Kino Lumbardhi; DokuTech; CEE Spring 2022 in Albania and Kosovo
  • New Zealand report: West Coast Wikipedian at Large and Auckland Museum updates
  • Poland report: Wikipedian in residence in the National Museum in Cracow; The next online meeting within the cycle of monthly editing GLAM meetings; Steps to communicate GLAM partnerships better and involve the Wikimedian community
  • Sweden report: 100 000 memories from the Nordic Museum; Report from the Swedish National Archives
  • Switzerland report: Diversity in GLAM Program
  • UK report: Featured images and cultural diversity
  • USA report: Fifty Women Sculptors; Juneteenth Edit-a-thon; Juneteenth Photobooths 2022; Wiknic June 2022; New York Botanical Garden June 2022; LGBT Pride Month
  • Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons report: Structured data on Commons editing now possible with OpenRefine 3.6; file uploading with 3.7
  • Calendar: July's GLAM events
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

Event Registration Tool: Demo and Invitation to TestEdit

Hello Subscribers!

The Campaigns Product Team from the Wikimedia Foundation will be hosting two office hours to demo the new Event Registration Tool, and train organizers how to use it. In these office hours, you will learn how to:

  • Create an event page in the new event namespace (as an event organizer)
  • Enable registration on your event page (as an event organizer)
  • Collect data on who registered for your event (as an event organizer)
  • Register for an event on the event page (as an event participant)

You can attend one office hour or both, depending on your availability on the following dates:

  • Session 1: Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM UTC
  • Session 2: Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 12:00 PM UTC

These events will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, Italian, and Portuguese, and Swahili. Note that Portuguese will be available on the 21st, but not the 23rd. We strongly encourage you to join and share your feedback on the tool. Your feedback will help us improve the tool so that Wikimedians can have a better event experience. To register, please reply to this email or sign-up to our page, by adding your signature.

Thank you!

IBrazal (WMF) (talk) 06:33, 18 July 2022 (UTC)

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - July 21, 2022Edit

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be having an office hour today, July 21, 2022 at 17:00 UTC via Zoom to demo the first release of the Event Registration Tool.

You may join the office hour using this meeting link.

We look forward to your participation.

Thank you.


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:46, 21 July 2022 (UTC)

Intervention à WikiFrancaEdit

Chère @Anthere

Le comité de programme de la WikiConvention a le plaisir de vous annoncer que votre intervention [ISA Tool : les nouveautés 2022] a été retenue. Le programme étant très chargé, nous vous demandons de bien vouloir restreindre votre conférence à un temps de 5 minutes. Les participants auront ensuite 5 minutes pour vous poser leurs questions. La convention aura lieu à Paris les 19 et 20 novembre. Merci de nous signaler votre disponibilité pour ces deux dates en répondant à ce message et en me pingant, ainsi qu’Adélaïde Calais WMFr.

Cordialement, Geugeor Georges (talk) 19:45, 25 July 2022 (UTC)

C’est noté. C’est parfait. Anthere (talk) 13:41, 26 July 2022 (UTC)

This Month in Education: July 2022Edit

This Month in GLAM: July 2022Edit

Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.