/archive1 -- /archive2 -- /archive3 -- /archive4 -- /archive5 -- /archive6 -- /archive7 -- /archive8 -- /archive9 -- /archive10 -- /archive11 -- /archive12 -- /archives13 -- /archives14 -- /archives15 -- /archives16 -- /archives17 -- /archives18
The first episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! With our guests Tochi Precious and Guillaume Paumier we talk about Knowledge as a Service. Find the audio podcast and a shortened video version on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 15:48, 13 April 2022 (UTC)
The 2nd episode of WIKIMOVE, the new podcast about the changing Wikimedia movement has now dropped! Our guests Erica Azzellini and Luca Piantá from Wiki Movimiento Brazil talk about “communitizing” strategy. Find the audio podcast and the video version with English and Portuguese subtitles on our Meta page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIKIMOVE/Podcast Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)
The 3rd episode of WIKIMOVE has now dropped! In this new episode we talk with Kannika Thaimai and Ivana Madžarević about innovation and explore the opportunities created by the UNLOCK accelerator within our movement and beyond. Don't hesitate to react on our meta page! Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 14:50, 16 Mai 2022 (UTC)
We launched WIKIMOVE six months ago, now it’s time to evaluate! Please share your feedback and ideas for improvement with us in this survey. Thank you for helping us improve WIKIMOVE! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:44, 31 October 2022 (UTC)
In our latest episode we receive Johnny Allegre and Natalia Szafran to discuss their ongoing hub activities in Asia and Eastern Europe and imagine what a movement of hubs could look like. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 13:54, 22 2022 (UTC)
In our latest episode we talk about growing communities with Anass Sedrati and Pepe Flores. Check it out on our meta page or in your favorite podcast app! Eva Martin (WMDE) 14:42, 12 December 2022 (UTC)
Wondering what the movement strategy is about and how to contribute to it? Check out our newest WIKIMOVE episode! We answer questions from volunteers who recently joined the movement about the goals and the vision behind our strategy 2030 - Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 11:06, 8 February 2023 (UTC)
The latest WIKIMOVE episode of the season has dropped: Wikimedia Deutschland for the Movement, a conversation with WMDE‘s Chair and Executive Director, about the role of our organization in the implementation of movement strategy Eva Martin (WMDE) (talk) 16:47, 12 June 2023 (UTC)
The WIKIMOVE Podcast is back with a season 2! In this new episode, we talk with Pax Ahimsa Gethen and Tamzin Hadasa Kelly about overcoming harassment and the transgender gap on the Wikimedia projects. You can find this podcast on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk) 12:18, 6 October 2023 (UTC)
Check out the latest WIKIMOVE episode where we talk to a movement veteran, Andrew Lih, and Wikimedia Norge’s Executive Director, Elisabeth Carrera about the past, present and future of Wikimedia Affiliates! You can find the episode on our meta page. Sissela Björk (WMDE) (talk)
Hi Anthere! Love to share with the group in any manner that can be pleasant for everyone in the UG. I have read the existing work in the group and find it wonderful. Some time ago I tried an offline project in the Mexican state of Chiapas but it was not possible to carry it out a that moment. Hopefully, regardless of the Board election, I can learn more about this so I can work on it in my country. Best,--ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 19:07, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion edit
|Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion|
The Wikimedia sound logo contest is under discussion here, and your input on the talk page is appreciated: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications/Sound_Logo/Contest_proposal There will also be two video conversations on Friday May 27 @11:00 UTC and Tuesday May 31 @15:00 UTC, in case you want to chat live.
Requête pour statut autopatroller edit
Salut @Anthere, s'il vous plaît, j'ai eu à rencontrer quelques difficultés sur mes quinze dernières modifications sur méta en essayant de renommer certaines pages pour rétablir leurs liens avec la page centrale du groupe d'utilisateurs. Mais j'ai rencontré quelques refus durant mes essais de renommage. L'autorisation s'est avérée limitée. N'est-ce pas possible de m'accorder le droit d'autopatrouilleur ?
- Mais.... ne suffit-il pas que tu fasses suffisamment de contributions pour pouvoir accéder à ce statut ? Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 20:44, 6 July 2022 (UTC).
Merci beaucoup sincèrement pour cet encouragement, oui je pense que je viens d'avancer, d'évoluer un peu considérablement avec mes Contributions après votre réponse.CapitainAfrika (talk) 11:03, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitation edit
Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.
There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:
- Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
- Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC
Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.
Event Registration Tool: Demo and Invitation to Test edit
The Campaigns Product Team from the Wikimedia Foundation will be hosting two office hours to demo the new Event Registration Tool, and train organizers how to use it. In these office hours, you will learn how to:
- Create an event page in the new event namespace (as an event organizer)
- Enable registration on your event page (as an event organizer)
- Collect data on who registered for your event (as an event organizer)
- Register for an event on the event page (as an event participant)
You can attend one office hour or both, depending on your availability on the following dates:
- Session 1: Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM UTC
- Session 2: Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 12:00 PM UTC
These events will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, Italian, and Portuguese, and Swahili. Note that Portuguese will be available on the 21st, but not the 23rd. We strongly encourage you to join and share your feedback on the tool. Your feedback will help us improve the tool so that Wikimedians can have a better event experience. To register, please reply to this email or sign-up to our page, by adding your signature.
Campaign Product Team Office Hour - July 21, 2022 edit
Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!
You may join the office hour using this meeting link.
We look forward to your participation.
Intervention à WikiFranca edit
Le comité de programme de la WikiConvention a le plaisir de vous annoncer que votre intervention [ISA Tool : les nouveautés 2022] a été retenue. Le programme étant très chargé, nous vous demandons de bien vouloir restreindre votre conférence à un temps de 5 minutes. Les participants auront ensuite 5 minutes pour vous poser leurs questions. La convention aura lieu à Paris les 19 et 20 novembre. Merci de nous signaler votre disponibilité pour ces deux dates en répondant à ce message et en me pingant, ainsi qu’Adélaïde Calais WMFr.
Campaigns Product Update #4 edit
Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!
We are excited to share our updates:
- Event Registration v0
- We have successfully launched Event Registration tool V0 on beta cluster and collected feedback from the first batch of testers. This tool is part of a more comprehensive organizing solution, the Event Center, which hopes to support movement organizers. Through this registration solution, organizers can collect useful data on campaign participants and their needs while respecting participant privacy.
- Testing update. In our first round of feedback collection, testers were composed of different types of organizers around the movement with a language focus on Arabic, French, English, and Swahili communities. Most of the testers successfully created their test event registrations and signed up for a test event registration created by other organizers. Simple, easy to use, and aids in managing event participants were the common feedback we received from first-time users. In contrast, access and proper localization of the tool were the points for improvement identified. We are working on V1, which will include communication support and integration with the Programs and Event Dashboard. This will be released on Meta-Wiki soon. We hope to address accessibility during this launch and improve localization problems once the tool has been deployed in local wikiprojects.
- The tool is still available for testing on the beta cluster. Feel free to leave feedback on our project talk page or this form.
- Organizer LabLooking for a way to learn how to effectively organize around sustainability? Join the beta version of the Organizer Lab on WikiLearn to understand how to effectively organize a global campaign around sustainability and climate change! Applications are open from September 22 - October 19, 2022. The Organizer Lab will be a 9-week online learning experience from the end of October until mid December that prepares participants to obtain knowledge about the topics that they wish to create, a call to action for strategic knowledge gaps, as well as more generalized Wikimedia organizing and campaign/event design skills.
- Organizer Lab Information Session. We invite you to join our information session for the Organizer Lab on September 30, 2022 at 14:00 UTC via Zoom. Join this session!
- Organizer User Rights. We are reaching out to a pool of administrators from Arabic, French and Swahili communities to collect feedback on what is the best way to define organizer user rights, what privileges to give to community organizers, and what are the limitations of these privileges. Feel free to reach out to our product ambassadors or send an email to email@example.com if you are interested to be part of these conversations.
- French Organizer
“I think that the platform will facilitate the process of promoting events and searching for participants”
- Arabic Organizer
The Campaigns Product Team
Notice of review of adminship edit
Hello Anthere. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2022. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before October 08, 2022. Kind regards, MF-W 11:55, 1 October 2022 (UTC)
#SheSaid Wikiquote Compain edit
Hello Anthere, it is possible to translate article from one language to another in wikiquote to participate for #SheSaid Compaign. Kindly identify me. Thanks Mohammad Murtaza Zaidi (talk) 08:42, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- @Mohammad Murtaza Zaidi: Hello. I see no reason why it would not be possible... go ahead ! Which language do you want to translate, and in which other languages ? 09:20, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
Women in Red in Namibia edit
Hello User:Anthere, It was really nice meeting you at the just-concluded WikiIndaba in Kigali. As we discussed about the project in Namibia on improving the information of Namibia Women in Red, I am looking forward to work with you in this together with User:Islahaddow and Candy Kholiwe and in future projects.
- By the way @Martin Hipangwa:, whilst I am a very big fan of Women in Red, I still need to mention that the initiative Candy, Isla and I are involved in primarily, is not Women in Red, but is Wiki Loves Women. So whenever I help you, it will be under the banner of WLW. Not under the banner of Women in Red. Not a big deal, but mentioning it in case... Anthere (talk)
Thank User:Anthere. I Roger that!
Campaigns Product Team Office Hour - December 2022 edit
Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!
The Wikimedia Foundation Campaigns Team invites you to join our upcoming office hours. In each session, we will introduce V1 of Event Registration Tool, so you can begin using it for real events on Meta-wiki.
In V1, the following new features will be includedː
- Support for the organizer to specify an event timezone
- Automatic confirmation emails after participants have registered
- Private registration: the option for participants to register and only display their registered username to organizers of the event and we will teach you how you can use it yourself.
Office Hour Sessions:
- 1st Session: December 5, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC via Zoom
- 2nd Session: December 10, 2022 @ 12:00 UTC via Zoom
These office hours will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, and Swahili. Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or sign-up here if you want to receive a reminder for this meeting.
The Campaigns Product Team
Mauvaise longueur d'article edit
Bonjour. Je suis désolé de dire que le calcul de la longueur de l'article était erroné. Ceux-ci sont désormais corrigés. Malheureusement, vous devrez mettre à jour les requêtes "Quarry" que vous avez publiées. J'espère que nous gagnerons samedi mais vous avez une bonne équipe. Merci. -- User:Djm-leighpark(a)talk 01:04, 5 December 2022 (UTC)
Wikitechstorm 2024 edit
Hi we are planning to organize a Les sans pagEs/Wikitechstorm in Switzerland (French part). We are looking for organizers and volunteers ! Here is an initial draft page that will be moved to mediawiki once I have enough edits to be allowed to do it (or someone else moves it). Please reply on our talk page here : Talk:Les sans pagEs#Wikitechstorm 2024
We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit edit
Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).
Baserow was a tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.
Open meeting right after yours edit
Editing is hosting an open meeting about their new mw:Edit check project that begins at 17:00 UTC on Friday, which I think is right after the first Africa Environment meeting (assuming your meeting is just one hour).
Editing is centering the experience of newer editors connected to Africa for this work. They hope that encouraging the addition of sources before publishing the change will result in fewer good-faith edits being reverted. This time, they want to talk about RecentChanges and watchlist work (e.g., when you're deciding whether to revert, what are you looking for in the diff?).
If it doesn't overlap with your meeting or interfere with your plans, would you mind encouraging people to join Editing's meeting, too? Here's the video conference link: meet.google.com/ska-sivy-vth (English only this time), and the rest of the details are at mw:Editing team/Community Conversations#3 March 2023.
Please pay attention to internationalization markers edit
In your last edits of “Africa Environment/Results and best practices” page, you have removed many translate tag and unit markers, breaking the internationalization. I’m not sure whether it is expected because you haven’t provided any edit summary.
I am restoring the markup. Please take care to not removing it next time.
- It was on purpose User:Pols12. I made the (bold) decision that our Results and best practices page will be ONLY in English. Now, if you REALLY want it to be multilingual... fine... but then I would appreciate if the addition of tags be ONLY added after we have finished writing the page. It is VERY complicated updating a page and moving things around when there are over 100 translate tags. Half of the time it is not possible to save because one tag is missing or embedded within another tag. Ultimately, that raises a question... what is more important... having an updated page with no markup, or an outdate report with markup ?
- So right... we have to submit the report before Friday. So in a perfect world... best practices pages done by tomorrow. I do not have the time to really deal with markup stuff on top of trying to finish that page. So I will work on the best practices in my user space. But I sincerely object to the entire situation
- Anthere (talk)
- I have no strong opposition about removing the page for translation, but please explain what you’re doing using edit summaries. Since you left some translate tags in the page, I thought it was still expected to be translated.
- Also, there is a nice “Remove from translation” feature in Special:PageTranslation which allows you, as a translation admin, to remove all markers at once.
- Please feel free to use it, or to revert my last edits if you prefer keeping some translate tags as you did. --Pols12 (talk) 20:43, 7 June 2023 (UTC)
- I did not know about the feature that allowed to remove from the translation feature. Good to remember this. Urgently Pols12... I need to finish this document as much as possible, and we need to submit the report. I’ll figure out translation when that is done. After. Thanks Anthere (talk) 21:10, 7 June 2023 (UTC)
Organizer Tools Office Hours & Event Discovery Project edit
The Campaigns team at the Wikimedia Foundation has some updates to share with you, which are:
We invite you to attend our upcoming community office hours to learn about organizer tools, including the Event registration tool (which has new and upcoming features). The office hours are on the following dates, and you can join one or both of them:
- Saturday, October 7 at 12:00 UTC (Register here)
- Languages available: Arabic, English, French, Swahili
- Tuesday, October 10 at 18:00 UTC (Register here).
- Languages available: Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili
We have launched a new project: Event Discovery. This project aims to make it easier for editors to learn about campaign events. We need your help to understand how you would like to discover events on the wikis, so that we can create a useful solution. Please share your feedback on our project talk page.
- Thank you, and we hope to see you at the upcoming office hours!
You are receiving this message because you subscribed to this list
Notice of review of adminship (October 2023) edit
Pursuant to Meta:Administrators/Removal (inactivity) and because you have made fewer than ten (10) logged administrator actions over the past six (6) months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal (inactivity)/October 2023. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before October 10, 2023.
Invitation to participate in the photo contest Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports 2023 edit
English Dear Anthere,
We’re excited to share with you our first-ever art and photo contest for this year’s #VisibleWikiWomen, on Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports!
We’re inviting submissions of photos, illustrations, and other forms of art depicting womxn and non-binary people in sports — as athletes, fans, cheerleaders, referees, journalists, and much more. Our #VisibleWikiWomxn contest celebrates the bodies of womxn in sports by centering their voices, images, stories, and experiences in all their diversity, plurality, and glory.
You can find all the information on our landing page: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports
Spanish Hola Anthere,
Queremos invitarte a participar de nuestro primer concurso de arte y fotografía "Cuerpos plurales en el deporte" en el marco de la campaña #VisibleWikiWomen de este año.
Estamos convocando a presentar fotos, ilustraciones y otras formas de arte que representen a mujeres y personas no binarias en el deporte - atletas, personas aficionadas, animadoras, árbitras, periodistas y personas ligadas al deporte en todos los aspectos. Nuestro concurso #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra los cuerpos de las mujeres en el deporte centrándose en sus voces, imágenes, historias y experiencias en toda su diversidad, pluralidad y gloria.
Puedes encontrar toda la información en la página del concurso.
Portuguese Olá Anthere,
Ficamos felizes em convidar você a participar de nossa primeira Wiki-competição de arte e fotografia, como parte da campanha #VisibleWikiWomen deste ano, sobre "Corpos plurais no esporte"!
Estamos recebendo fotos, ilustrações, e outras formas de arte que retratem mulheres e pessoas não-binárias nos esportes — como atletas, torcedoras, juízas, jornalistas, e muito mais. Nossa competição #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra os corpors de mulheres e pessoas não-binárias e coloca ao centro suas vozes, imagens, histórias, e experiências em toda sua pluralidade e glória.
Você pode encontrar todas as informações necessárias em nossa página: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports.
@ Anthere I'm Adeyinka from Lagos. I watched the Wiki in Africa Episode 32,heard about Lagos event but found out that it wasn't funded, please how can I join the #SheSaid campaign in Lagos. I'm interested.
This Month in GLAM: October 2023 edit
Adding local language portal edit
Not able to add my local language portal in Meta Wiki Loves Women/SheSaid. I tried with the following script
our local language Telugu language portal - https://w.wiki/8ABo