Welcome!

Hello, VIGNERON, and welcome to Meta-Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:

I hope you enjoy editing here and being a experienced user! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, check out Wikipedia:Questions or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!  --Slade 18:58, 26 November 2006 (UTC)

CentralNotice statusesEdit

Hello VIGNERON and thanks for helping to translate Wikimania 2010/CentralNotice into fr/français! However, it looks like you forgot to update the translation status template. If you forget to update the status, then we won't see your translation update and it won't get done. :-( Here are the statuses that you need to know:

  • needs proofreading – when the message has been translated, but it needs proofreading by speakers of the language
  • needs updating – we use this to tell the translators that the source translation was updated and now the translation needs to be updated too
  • ready – you guys use this to tell us that the translation is ready to be published
  • published – we use this to tell you that the translation has been published

If you update a translation after it was already published, please make sure to change the status back to "ready" again too.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on my talk page. Thanks again for your translation help and sorry for the confusion! Cbrown1023 talk 20:00, 10 May 2010 (UTC)

Fundraising 2011Edit

J'ai fini les traductions demandées, elles ne demandent qu'une relecture, et comme tu es inscrit comme traducteur, je t'y invite... http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2011/Translation verdy_p 12:20, 18 September 2011 (UTC)

Wikimania Naples 2013Edit

Bonjour Vigneron, j'ai appris aujourd'hui de cette discussion que a eu lieu à la fin de Janvier, dont je ne savais pas, et je voulais vous informer de mes pensées sur la question. Je pense que WMI a sous-estimé la capacité de proponents, et qui surtout a pris une décision légitime, mais discutable. On a nombreuses initiatives récentes ont été faites récemment en Italie par les wikipédiens qu'ils sont pas été associé avec WMI (par exemple, la panne de Wikipedia en signe de protestation contre une loi qui restreindrait la liberté de l'Internet). De même, nous pensons qu'il est juste de proposer une candidature meme sans le soutien de WMI, car elle représente une partie d'une minorité de wikipédiens italiens (et c'est probablement pourquoi il est dit de ne pas connaître le personnel). Dans le cadre du processus de sélection, nous espérons montrer que nous avons la capacité, la volonté, des partenaires et sponsors pour faire un bon travail, sinon nous serons heureux d'avoir participé. D'autre part, Wikipédia est la devise du "Soyez audacieux" et nous avons décidé d'être-le.--Ferdinando Scala 13:21, 26 January 2012 (UTC)

Grazie mille per questi chiarimenti. Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 14:27, 26 January 2012 (UTC)

Re: Wikisource NeapolitanEdit

Bonjour VIGNERON, je réponde à tes questions.

  1. Jusqu'ici j'ai commencé à transcrire un seul livre, oldwikisource:Index:Cucina teorico-pratica.djvu, qui a une annexe en napolitain. J'ajouterai aussi La Ciucceide que j'ai téléchargé sur IA. J'ai créé la page oldwikisource:Main Page/Napulitano.
  2. Il y a beaucoup de livres numérisés en napolitain : regarde sur Google Livres et Internet Archive, mais je suis sûr que il en y a autres.

--Erasmo Barresi (talk) 14:35, 27 September 2012 (UTC)

Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll openEdit

Hi there,

You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.

The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.

Thanks, Thehelpfulone 22:11, 6 October 2012 (UTC)

Javanese WikisourceEdit

I do. I'd like for the project to be reconsidered by the langcom. What does it need right now before it can be considered/launched? Bennylin 15:59, 29 January 2013 (UTC)

There was no activity because langcom didn't respond at the time, but the contributors are still active in Javanese Wikipedia, and can be "mobilized" if activity is the only reason holding it back. For that part, I'm sure we could muster some people. Question is, is there any other requirements that we don't know at the first place. (Nobody from langcom commented on the page for 4 years!). Bennylin 16:23, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
Here only the members of the LangCom could tell you for sure if there is an other reasons or requirements (I don’t think so but as I said, I'm not in the LanCom).
Nonetheless, I could be a could thing to use the proofread extension on the Javanese wikisource.
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 16:48, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
Thanks. As far as I remember. there was no such extension in 2008. Bennylin 10:00, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
You're welcome.
There was the prooferead extension since 2006-2007, but it was only the beggining.
Could you find a javanese scan to start an example ? (I found some scans on Internet Archive but some aren't in javanese and since I don't speak this language, I'm not sure wich one will be best).
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 10:42, 30 January 2013 (UTC)

Re: Bug?Edit

Yes, it's bugzilla:14901 or bugzilla:42457. The "change" is the logged action of adding it to an aggregate group. Thanks, Nemo 16:56, 5 February 2013 (UTC)

RéponseEdit

Bonjour. Vous avez un nouveau message dans la page Talk:Language committee. Merci d'avance. πr2 (tc) 22:02, 8 February 2013 (UTC)

Fundraising translation feedbackEdit

Hey VIGNERON,

I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.

To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback in french using This Link

Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.

Many Thanks

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 07:41, 26 March 2013 (UTC)

azb wiki creationEdit

Hello, the cause to create this wiki has been open for a while and arguments have been written over there. When will it be analyzed? --Sicaspi (talk) 23:51, 4 April 2013 (UTC)

Wikisource User GroupEdit

Hi! Thanks for your interest in the Wikisource User Group, to get things moving, Aubrey and me we were thinking of doing these tasks and hopefully you can give us a hand too :)

  • Translate this WsUG invitation (thanks to Aarti for writing it!) into the to the languages you know
  • The invitation is meant to be delivered to this list of wikisourcerors, check if we should add someone else!
  • Read the new version of the WsUG page, and, if you feel like, add your thoughts about what should we do as a group on the talk page.

What do you think it's the first priority as a group of wikisource users, and what would you like to see accomplished? We'd very much like to understand what wikisourcerors want :-) --Micru (talk) 14:32, 19 July 2013 (UTC)

Wikisource User Group and Community PollEdit

Hi VIGNERON. You receive this message because you signed the Wikisource User Group page: the User Group, as you probably know, is being evaluated by the AffCom, and they asked some questions that involve all interested users (as you are :-). Could you please take a moment to read these questions and answers for yourself? It is very important. Moreover, make sure you read and review the Wikisource community poll: we would like it to be filled in by as many users as possible, and we need really your help for that. If you want and can translate it, please write it here. Please contact us if you want to help: Wikisource is an amazing project, and it can be much more amazing if we all work together :-) Thanks! --Aubrey (talk) 08:55, 24 September 2013 (UTC)

Translation requestEdit

Greetings. I see you have experience translating pages here at Meta. If you are willing and able, Wikimedia LGBT, a proposed user group, is currently recruiting people to assist with page translations. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 16:43, 24 November 2013 (UTC)

TranslationEdit

Salut VIGNERON! Je tiens à vous remercier pour le travail formidable que vous avez fait sur ​​la traduction de la nouvelle politique de marque. Je tiens également à m'excuser à l'avance si les nouveaux modifications nuisent à votre travail louable, ou échouera sinon de communiquer les modifications apportées aux politiques que nous essayons à documenter. DRenaud (WMF) (talk) 23:41, 13 February 2014 (UTC)

Superprotect statusEdit

Dear VIGNERON, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:53, 12 September 2014 (UTC)

Global renamerEdit

Hi, I hope I am not bothering you. I saw that you just asked you sysop flag on br wiki to be removed. if for some reason you will be in he mood of being "more" engaged or try something different, I just want to inform you about a possibilty on meta: after the Single User Login finalisation announcement, a new flag has been introduced. Global_renamers is a group open to bureaucrats from "local" wikis to help the stewards with the rename procedures.

As I did with other local bureaucrats with knowledge of "minor"/"uncommon" languages, I am contacting you because at the moment in Global_renamers#Users_with_global_rename_access and Stewards#List_of_current_stewards noone is > br-2. Maybe it is not improtant, but still it is something that is missing. Not only you have impressive cross-wiki activity, but you are bureaucrat in la.wikisource as well. I think you could be very useful.

Please notice that I am not an expert user on meta nor a local bureaucrat, I just care about the "variety" of the meta environment and I though that it was useful to inform some local bureaucrats of this opportunity.--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:24, 16 March 2015 (UTC)

P.S. talking about SUL, you show an unattached account on usability.wikimedia.org, but that's clearly you. --Alexmar983 (talk) 14:24, 16 March 2015 (UTC)

Ciao Alexmar983,
You're not bothering me at all. Sadly, I haven't enough time to do « more ».
Apparently, I cannot attached usability since this wiki has been closed.
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 14:47, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
I can imagine, I used the future tense not the present ;)
Never heard of that wiki before.--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:53, 16 March 2015 (UTC)

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)

Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)

Wikisource Conference - FridayEdit

Hi VIGNERON, are you going to have a presentation on Friday, at the Wikisource Conference? How much time do you need? I have to find you a spot in the program (there's plenty for now :-). Please let me know asap. (sorry for writing in these hours...) --Aubrey (talk) 21:13, 14 November 2015 (UTC)

Hi @Aubrey:,
I'll do a presentation (if nothing more happens... :( ), with Jean-Frédéric, one hour will be enough. A suggestion : maybe in the Room Symphonia just before the BAnQ/Ernest presentation could be a good spot as interresting comparisons could be made between the two partnerships.
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 21:20, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello Aubrey, VIGNERON,
Glad you asked! I wanted to ask about this forever but that kept slipping my mind.
I will not be able to fully attend Friday as I unfortunately have to work that day :-( But in spite of this I can certainly present with Nicolas :) On that regard, the slot suggested is perfect!
See you all next week!
Jean-Fred (talk) 14:30, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
Thanks guys! --Aubrey (talk) 09:03, 16 November 2015 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Survey on content curation & review Inspire CampaignEdit

Thanks for your participation in IdeaLab during the Inspire Campaign focused on improving content curation & review processes from February to March 2016. I'm interested in hearing your feedback about your participation during campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.

Immediate results of the campaign can be found here. Please feel free to review them and let me know if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 02:32, 26 May 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out instructions)

Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!Edit

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)

Community Wishlist Survey votesEdit

Hi VIGNERON, Thanks for participating in the Wishlist Survey! I'm sorry that this wasn't clear -- this is the proposals phase of the survey, when people are posting and discussing proposals. The voting phase starts in a couple weeks, on November 28th. We're not counting votes that are cast early, because the proposals can change during this phase, and you might end up voting for something that changes in a way that you didn't expect. I've added some text at the top of the page, explaining this better.

I don't want people to see your Support votes and get confused, so I'm going to change the Support template in your message to "Good idea". If that response doesn't work for you, then feel free to change it. Sorry again about the confusion -- I'm really glad that you're participating. I hope you keep coming back to discuss and improve proposals, and you'll have a chance to vote starting on Nov 28th. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! -- DannyH (WMF) (talk) 19:02, 8 November 2016 (UTC)

Thank you for participating in the UNESCO Challenge!Edit

Hi,

Thank you for participating in the UNESCO Challenge! I hope you had as fun as we did!

If you could take a minute to answer our survey, we would be very grateful. Your answer will help us improve our Challenges in the future.

Best,

John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 08:28, 2 June 2017 (UTC)

Invitation to Met Open Access Artworks Challenge (15 May - 30 June)Edit

We'd like to invite UNESCO participants to join a new challenge on the same model, the Met Open Access Artworks Challenge. You can contribute by illustrating with images using some of the 375k photos now under CC0, starting or improving articles (try our new Mbabel tool!), or creating translations (if your language isn't listed, please ask!). You can sign up here: Met Open Access Artworks Challenge/Participants. --Pharos (talk) 18:00, 5 June 2017 (UTC)

ehEdit

L'effet pigiste a frappé ? Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 22:10, 23 June 2017 (UTC).

COH ChallengeEdit

Hi!

Thank you for your contribution to the UNESCO Challenge a couple of months ago.

I don't know if you have noticed, but there is a new competition starting tomorrow, that is co-arranged by UNESCO and Wikimedia Sverige – the COH Challenge. This time, the purpose is to get as many of the images uploaded as part of the Connected Open Heritage project (e.g. of world heritage sites, the images can be found here) as possible to be used in Wikipedia articles (however, at most five images – with caption – per article).

I hope you want to participate! :)

Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 15:36, 30 June 2017 (UTC)

ProcurationEdit

Hello VIGNERON,

je me permets de te signaler (mais tu l'as peut-être déjà vu) ce message d'Envel relativement aux procurations, pour éviter que la tienne ne soit invalide. Nomen ad hoc (talk) 16:59, 21 August 2017 (UTC).

Bonjour,
Je l'avais effectivement déjà vu mais merci du rappel.
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 17:20, 21 August 2017 (UTC)

Translation request for New Readers Inspire Campaign-- and thanks!Edit

Hi there! I'm contacting you because you've volunteered your time in the past to help translate Inspire Campaigns, or you've expressed an interest about helping to translate. We have a new campaign starting soon about new readers, as we try to encourage contributors to develop ideas on how to inform and invite people to use Wikipedia, especially in places where folks are not aware of it. There are two pages that will need translation:

There will be one additional page for translation that includes the questions we will be asking idea creators when they submit ideas for the campaign. I will notify you when that prose is ready.

Finally, thank you for your support; it's very important to me that these campaigns are accessible to folks across non-English Wikimedia projects, and I wouldn't be able to do that without your time and effort. In appreciation, I'd like to send you a postcard from Chicago where I reside. If you'd like to receive a postcard from me, please e-mail me with an address I contact you at to my work e-mail, cschilling wikimedia.org. I realize this is private information, so if you would prefer not to receive a postcard, that is understandable. Your work to make our projects accessible to everyone is no less appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions about the prose regarding translation. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 20:33, 8 January 2018 (UTC)

TY!Edit

I was starting to lose hope re: wikisourcerers... --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 08:46, 14 May 2018 (UTC)

New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator boardEdit

Hello!

You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!

We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!

Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.

If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.

All the best, Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:03, 24 May 2018 (UTC)

AssistanceEdit

Hello VIGNERON. I need some assistance. There is page on the French Wikipedia (Utilisateur:Noicass/Brouillon) that needs to be deleted. This user, based in India, posted false claims about being signed to a South Korean record label. You can see this user's disruption on the English Wikipedia, where he was blocked: User talk:Nicknikio and Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Nick Joong (2nd nomination). He is now disrupting other Wikipedias. Can you give it a look? Thank you. — ξxplicit 03:41, 4 June 2018 (UTC)

I've looked and deleted this sandbox. Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 08:33, 4 June 2018 (UTC)

Results from global Wikimedia survey 2018 are publishedEdit

19:25, 1 October 2018 (UTC)

The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

Extended to Dec: Wikipedia Asian Art Month with Metropolitan Museum of ArtEdit

 
Suzuri-bako, now in 11 languages!

I'd like to invite you to join Wikipedia Asian Art Month in the December extension of the sub-contest; if you write or translate just one article and include one of our images, you'll get a special Metropolitan Museum of Art postcard. And if you're one of the grand prize winners, you'll get a Met guidebook or Asian art publication.--Pharos (talk) 21:33, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit

Hello VIGNERON! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the steering committee,

Aaron,

via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 20 February 2019 (UTC)

The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your supportEdit

Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.

A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.

While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), you can also add others. If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 13:20, 18 April 2019 (UTC)

Atelier SPARQL ( WikiConvention francophone 2019)Edit

Salut Vigneron, vous avez mentionné que toute aide est la bienvenue pour l'animation de l'atelier SPARQL. je serai ravie de donner un coup de main. Nassima Chahboun (talk) 19:46, 12 May 2019 (UTC)

Salut Nassima Chahboun,
Merci de te proposer. N'hésite pas à ajouter ton nom dans la liste des conférenciers.
À quel point connais-tu Wikidata et SPARQL ? Je n'ai pas besoin de quelqu'un qui connaît beaucoup Wikidata mais ce serait utile. Mon idée est surtout que l'on soit plusieurs pour vérifier que chaque personne suit bien les étapes de l'atelier et ne soit pas perdu. Je sais que je peux parfois aller un peu vite, je fais attention mais avoir des personnes en plus pour m'aider permet de m'assurer que personne ne soit oublié.
J'en profite pour notifier @Arkanosis: qui se dit intéressé aussi (même remarque, si tu le souhaites, ajoute-toi parmi les conférenciers).
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 20:07, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
Merci Vigneron. On peut dire que j'ai un niveau intermédiaire, je maîtrise les bases pour construire une requête, les différentes possibilités de visualisation des résultats, des fonctionnalités comme l'autocomplétion, le filtrage des résultats, le choix de la langue, de l'ordre d'affichage, du nombre de résultats auquel on veut se limiter..etc. Nassima Chahboun (talk) 23:23, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
Wow, cela me semble déjà très bien, ton aide sera précieuse pour cet atelier d'initiation. Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 06:11, 13 May 2019 (UTC)

LPP/fr needs updateEdit

As changes applied for 12 days. --125.36.185.11 03:05, 25 June 2019 (UTC)

Please translate the Editing newsletterEdit

Would you please translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2019/July into your favorite language for me? I'd really appreciate it. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:30, 19 July 2019 (UTC)

Hi @Whatamidoing (WMF): it was already translated in French but I proofread the translation and corrected some minor mistakes. Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 17:41, 19 July 2019 (UTC)
Thank you. I really appreciate your efforts to polish the translations. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 19:43, 21 July 2019 (UTC)

a moment to put your personal appreciation for my propositionEdit

Hi, I have finally requested for translator admin rights at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Requests/User_rights/Wladek92 . I would be glad if you could find a moment to put your personal appreciation for my proposition. Thank you. Christian.

Hi @Wladek92:,
Sorry, I'm too late, the request is already over. Congrats and kudos to you then and make good use with these rights.
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 06:07, 29 July 2019 (UTC)

BartschEdit

user:Jane023 has brought my attention to a catalogue raisonnée, Le peintre graveur [1], but i cannot find it on French Wikisource. it is a large work, but would French Wikisource be interested in getting started? i would be happy to support. Slowking4 (talk) 14:41, 29 August 2019 (UTC)

@Slowking4: (and @Jane023:), yes with already have several catalogues raisonnées, we probably can add this one. Could you import the file on Commons, I'll ask to the Wikisource community. Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 15:19, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
ok, done 1803 edition c:File:Le peintre graveur-volume 1.djvu up to volume 21. apparently, some of the volumes have 2 in one binding. cdlmt, Slowking4 (talk) 22:23, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
thanks for the first volume. i will sweep through, (leaving red since i would prefer some oversight) cdlmt Slowking4 (talk) 00:54, 1 September 2019 (UTC)

Thanks! I believe all the volumes that are public domain should be added - I believe the numbers don't change, but with each volume new numbers are added, depending on collection. Jane023 (talk) 15:44, 9 September 2019 (UTC)

The TWUG on space.wmflabs.orgEdit

Hello VIGNERON

A few months ago, WMF opened a new discussion space. Since our user group has some difficulties to communicate (not everyone sees the messages that are posted on Talk:Wiktionary/Tremendous_Wiktionary_User_Group), I asked for a dedicated forum for the TWUG to be opened. It's happening here (there is no topic so far).

From now on, I invite you to follow the category to be informed as soon as a new topic is created. Pamputt (talk) 18:46, 16 September 2019 (UTC)

Thanks for your helpEdit

Hi there, translator! Here's a little token of appreciation for a recent effort you contributed to. Surprised? Well, the best is yet to come.

  • We'd love to send you this badge as an actual sticker. If you want, you can use this Google Form to communicate your address so we can ship it to you. Note that we will close the form on October 13, 2019, and all data will be removed shortly afterwards. Details about this external site are provided at the top of the form.
  • We also have this badge waiting for you on Wikimedia Space. You can use the form linked above to let us know what your username is on this brand new hub, so that you can get the award there as well. If you don't have an account yet, just go ahead and enjoy joining via Wikimedia login in just a few clicks. (And in case you hadn't heard yet, you can join the community of translators there as well).

Again, thanks for everything you are doing to make this movement a better (and multilingual!) place: please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions, and I hope to hear from you soon. --Elitre (WMF), 13:03, 28 September 2019 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2020Edit

Hello!

You are getting this message because you've previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey, in either the Wikisource or Wiktionary categories. I wanted to let you know that this year's survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until November 11. Unlike previous years, we are only accepting proposals for non-Wikipedia content projects with no dedicated teams (i.e., Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews). You can learn more on the survey page.

You can vote on proposals from November 20 to December 2. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won't send out a separate reminder to you about that. We look forward to your participation. Thank you! IFried (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 22 October 2019 (UTC)

Défi 5000Edit

Salut Nicolas... Voilà, j'ai fait une ébauche dans les projets/activités... Je pourrai mettre les stats complètes à jour pour l'année 2019 le 1er janvier... ;) N'hésite pas à changer/préciser ce que j'ai mis jusqu'ici si tu trouves que certaines infos soient superflues ou si certaines infos seraient intéressantes à ajouter. --Ernest-Mtl (talk) 15:06, 5 December 2019 (UTC)

Salut,
Merci beaucoup ! C'est parfait, clair, précis tout en étant concis. Rien de superflu et plus serait inutilement long. J'ai fait 2-3 modifications cosmétiques.
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 15:17, 5 December 2019 (UTC)

Un grazie e un libro sulla conoscenza libera per teEdit

Gentile VIGNERON,

oggi ti scrivo a nome dell'associazione Wikimedia Italia per ringraziarti del tempo che hai dedicato ai progetti Wikimedia.

Come piccolo omaggio avremmo piacere di spedirti una copia (tutta in carta riciclata) del libro di Carlo Piana, Open source, software libero e altre libertà. Fornisci un recapito per ricevere una copia del libro.

Pochi giorni fa il mondo ha festeggiato la giornata dell'amore per il software libero, ma ogni giorno è buono per ricordare le garanzie delle licenze libere e le centinaia di migliaia di persone che si sono unite per costruire questo bene comune della conoscenza. Speriamo che questo libro ti sia utile per apprezzare quanto hai fatto e per trasmettere la passione della conoscenza libera a una persona a te vicina.

Se desideri una copia ma non puoi fornirci un indirizzo a cui spedirla, contatta la segreteria Wikimedia Italia e troviamo una soluzione insieme.

Grazie ancora e a presto,

Lorenzo Losa (msg) 10:14, 26 February 2020 (UTC)

Un grazie e un libro sulla conoscenza libera per teEdit

Gentile VIGNERON,

oggi ti scrivo a nome dell'associazione Wikimedia Italia per ringraziarti del tempo che hai dedicato ai progetti Wikimedia.

Come piccolo omaggio avremmo piacere di spedirti una copia (tutta in carta riciclata) del libro di Carlo Piana, Open source, software libero e altre libertà. Fornisci un recapito per ricevere una copia del libro.

Pochi giorni fa il mondo ha festeggiato la giornata dell'amore per il software libero, ma ogni giorno è buono per ricordare le garanzie delle licenze libere e le centinaia di migliaia di persone che si sono unite per costruire questo bene comune della conoscenza. Speriamo che questo libro ti sia utile per apprezzare quanto hai fatto e per trasmettere la passione della conoscenza libera a una persona a te vicina.

Se desideri una copia ma non puoi fornirci un indirizzo a cui spedirla, contatta la segreteria Wikimedia Italia e troviamo una soluzione insieme.

Grazie ancora e a presto,

Lorenzo Losa (msg) 10:17, 26 February 2020 (UTC)

Thank you for your participation in the WikiGap Challenge!Edit

Hi!

Now, we have finalized the results from the WikiGap Challenge. You can find the general and top results here. I want to thank you for your contribution, which together with the other participants have created a tremendous and long lasting impact for the visibility of women on Wikipedia.

We want to give you a barnstar for your participation, to praise your efforts for a better visibility of women on Wikipedia!

We will analyze the challenge and the way it works closely, to see how we can improve it for next year. It would be very valuable for us if you wanted to share your views on the challenge, especially when it comes to: the point system, the focus, and the adding of the list from UN Human Rights. You can send your answers to eric.luth@wikimedia.se!

I hope you found the challenge exciting, and that you want to participate next year as well!

Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 11:54, 24 April 2020 (UTC)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement InitiativeEdit

Hello,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We have created the first project (Improve ebook exports), which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey. We now invite you to share your feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our project analysis; we want to hear from you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the project talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 09:51, 28 May 2020 (UTC)

Feedback requested: August update for Wikisource ebook export projectEdit

Hello, VIGNERON! The Community Tech team has posted an August update to the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project, and we would love your feedback. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two technical analyses, and proposed next steps for the project. Your feedback is crucial, and it will help us understand how to approach our work. For this reason, we invite you to check out the latest update and share your feedback on the project talk page. Thank you in advance! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 02:24, 25 August 2020 (UTC)

Ligurian wikisourceEdit

Je suis assez d'accord avec vous sur le fond. Mon intervention est un peu hors de propos dans l'absolu sur ce projet en tant que tel, et se trouve être davantage une réaction épidermique adressée indirectement aux membres du Langcomm concernant leur désinvolture à l'encontre du projet wp.kotava.

Ce projet est mené activement depuis plus de 2 ans maintenant et compte déjà plus de 10000 articles (dont beaucoup de haute qualité) et plus de 10 contributeurs actifs réguliers. Par rapport aux WP officiels, il se situerait même vers la 150ème place, plus haut que des langues comme le khmer, le maori, le nahuatl, le corse, le somali, etc. Mais, ces derniers mois, ont été officialisés plusieurs projets avec seulement 1000 ou 2000 articles (Mon, N'ko, Créole guyanais, Sakizaya, Awadhi) et tout juste 2 ou 3 contributeurs réguliers.

Ce que nous demandons, c'est un juste et objectif examen des choses, et a minima des réponses aux multiples demandes et messages légitimement adressés.

N'hésitez pas, ne serait-ce qu'à titre de simple curiosité (et puisque vous êtes wikipedien expérimenté et administrateur par ailleurs) à parcourir ce projet (Wp/avk), quand bien même vous n'en comprendrez pas vraiment la teneur linguistique. Mais vous pourrez néanmoins vous rendre compte de sa qualité d'ensemble, du souci encyclopédique et de rigueur. Amicalement. Biscuit 26507 (talk) 17:57, 2 July 2020 (UTC)

@Biscuit 26507: « un peu hors de propos », le mot me semble faible et au final, ce genre d'intervention déplacée non seulement ne va pas aider la Wikipédia en kotava mais lui donne en plus une mauvaise image.
Malheureusement, je ne connais pas cette langue et il m'est donc impossible de juger de sa « haute qualité » ni même d'en faire la moindre analyse. Si il y a eu des livres publiés (et placé sous licence libre), je pourrais aider pour une Wikisource en kotava par contre.
Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 07:07, 3 July 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of ConductEdit

Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct. I am contacting you as you are a member of the Wikimedians for Sustainable Development User Group. If you have received this from other user groups/chapters, you can ignore.

There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups.   This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:

(English) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd36dNdU3C5shXEkKp9itJOhuCTx9hZE5AE-xflkxtfRMnZtg/viewform?usp=pp_url  

It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks.  If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoC. Thank you for your participation

Mervat Salman - Trust & Safety (Policy) Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 12:04, 4 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 15:36, 21 August 2020 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage User GroupEdit

Dear World Heritage enthusiast,
We are thrilled to announce that Wiki World Heritage User Group has been finally recognized ! This wouldn't have been possible without your support !
Please join us on:

Wishing you an excellent week ahead !

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 15:45, 3 November 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.

A request for translationEdit

Hey, thank you for your help with the translation of this message. Could you also take a look at the other messages about the Community Wishlist Survey? Just a few are pending. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 23:29, 13 November 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021: InvitationEdit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021Edit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage UG preparatory meetingEdit

Hello,
The first preparatory meeting of Wiki World Heritage User Group will be held on 26 December 2020 at 16:00 UTC, and are looking forward to having you with us!

  • Meeting link : Here
  • Meeting ID : 763 8364 4697
  • Password: WWH

You are also invited to join us on WWH mailing list and WWH Telegram group.
Thank you !

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 19:59, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.

Wiki World Heritage UG board electionEdit

Hello VIGNERON,

Following the meeting of 26.12.2020, Wiki World Heritage User Group is choosing its first board !
You can find the elections page here.

Nassima Chahboun (talk) 20:57, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.

Wiki World Heritage UG board election ReminderEdit

Hello VIGNERON,

We would like to inform you that after the self nomination period, we are now voting for the board members and we count on your participation to take part of this first important election.

According to the agreed agenda the voting period deadline is the 29th of January 2021 (Midnight UTC).

You can vote for one or more candidate on this meta page.

Thanks --
Yamen (talk) 23:45, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
On behalf of the founding members.

Partagez vos avis sur les améliorations OCR !Edit

Bonjour à tous ! Nous (l'équipe responsable de Consultation des souhaits de la communauté) venons de lancer le projet d'amélioration de l'OCR ! Avec ce projet, nous visons à améliorer l'expérience d'utilisation des outils OCR sur Wikisource. Veuillez vous référer à notre page projet, qui fournit un résumé complet du projet et des principaux problèmes que nous avons identifiés.

Nous serions ravis que vous répondiez aux questions ci-dessous. Vos commentaires sont extrêmement importants pour nous et auront un impact direct sur les choix que nous faisons. Merci d'avance et nous avons hâte de lire vos commentaires ! SGrabarczuk (WMF) 17:20, 26 January 2021 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage UG Minutes of the Meeting 02-13-2021Edit

Hello!

The first meeting of the Board of Wiki World Heritage User Group (WWH UG) was held last February 13, 2021. Board members discussed several topics including the dispatching of roles inside the board. You can find the minutes of the meeting via the following link [1].

Also, the board discussed the importance of capacity building for the group members and we would like to invite all the members to fill the following form [2] in order to help define the learning priorities.

Furthermore, the board discussed some ideas for the 2021 annual program but we would like to hear also from the members in case they would like to propose some activities. We would like to invite you to update this page and add any potential activities[3].

A meeting will be held in the first week of March in order to finalize the program and you can find below [4] a doodle link to choose the date and time that suits you.

You are also invited to join us on WWH mailing list and WWH Telegram group.
Thank you !

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_World_Heritage_User_Group/Meeting_minutes_20210213
[2] https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSde6BsB8v9WwbLtE0_n5kT0TmZoYXsaFQN2ijP-XZFsJcWmcw/viewform
[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_World_Heritage_User_Group/Calendar2021
[4] https://doodle.com/poll/4qmstzpwaxu45pwr


Imelda Brazal (Talk)
Members Liaison, Wiki World Heritage User Group

Ancient language issueEdit

@VIGNERON: Hello VIGNERON! But can we create incubator for the very ancient language instead of wiki source wiki? And, will incubator for ancient language be able to get approved as an independent Wikipedia in future if it has good number of volunteers (native speakers) ? Haoreima (talk) 08:31, 19 April 2021 (UTC)

@Haoreima: I don't know for sure (I'm not a member of the Language committee, only a long time observer), but it seems unlikely. I'm also a bit confused: is it an ancient language or not? If it has *native* speaker, then it's not really an ancient. But If I read simple:Ancient Meitei language and other references, it seems that this langage is not spoken anymore as a native language... Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 10:19, 19 April 2021 (UTC)

The article is created by myself. So, I can change the information. Actually, it has minute speech population. Haoreima (talk) 12:13, 19 April 2021 (UTC)

I saw that you created this article, I improved the formatting a bit. It would be good if you can enrich it with more information.
Meanwhile, if there is scan of old books in old manipuri, transcription of these books on Wikisource could also be useful.
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 12:23, 19 April 2021 (UTC)
I saw that Ancient Greek test wiki as well as Middle English test wiki are still in incubator. But I was told by the test wiki admin of ancient Greek incubator:User talk:PastelKos that it's likely to get Wikipedia status for ancient languages also (same as normal languages). If you have any experience or knowledge, then please tell me. Because it'll be really helpful for me in future. Thank you. Haoreima (talk) 10:12, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: these tests will most likely stay in the incubator forever ; they are *not* likely to have a Wikipedia, at least not in a near future (unless if they become really active and if the policy is changed). Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 11:24, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
@VIGNERON: As I recheck the criteria of the language policy, I saw that it should have appropriate number of native speakers. For that, we have mni:User:Awangba Mangang, mni:User:Luwanglinux and even myself mni:User:Haoreima. We have Babel omp-N template used in our user pages. Will that be effective? Because all the listed criteria of the language policy, I think will get fulfilled, excluding the last point (I get confused). Haoreima (talk) 13:03, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: that's a good start but 3 speakers is the bare minimum and it may help to pass the first step of "eligibility" (not a garantee) but then, you have the next step for "approval". Did you start a translation of Wikipedia interface?
I know this can seem hard (and in some way, it is hard), but be patient and keep going optimistically.
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 13:55, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
@VIGNERON: Actually, we have not started any translation but of course, we will do very soon. (Curiosity-1) But is Wikipedia interface very significant regarding the approval of omp incubator as Wikipedia in future? (Curiosity-2) And, another thing, if the number of Babel omp-N users increased to 4-5, will that be eligible? I can request people to participate in the test wiki! Haoreima (talk) 14:36, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
For the translation: great!
Curiosity 1: yes, it's quite important, see the point 2 in Language proposal policy#Requisites for final approval.
Curiosity 2: the more native speakers, the better (if they are active of course), again no garantee but 5 is better than 3 and 10 is better than 5 ;)
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 14:47, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
@VIGNERON: Well, do you mean that like normal modern language, if the very ancient language test wiki also have active users as well as fulfill all the policy rules, then of course, it will get the Wikipedia status in future? Haoreima (talk) 15:05, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
Well, brother! I have decided to create a wiki source project simultaneously with the incubator project. But what is the significance of the scan of old books or their transcripts? And, will developing a wiki source equivalent be something effective in future? Haoreima (talk) 02:58, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: great. Did you started a Wikisource incubation already? I see nothing on the Wikisource incubator (at least the redirection oldwikisource:Main_Page/omp doesn't exist yet). Please let me know so I can help you.
Not sure to understand the question about "significance", Wikisource is a library and for me, libraries are very significant.
Yes, it's a bit easier to get an own domain for a Wikisource than for a Wikipedia (see Language proposal policy, the question of "ancient or historical languages" is complex for Wikipedia but not for Wikisource). And if the Wikisource works well, it could also help the Wikipedia after (this could be a virtuous circle).
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 08:35, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
No, I have not started the wiki source project and I am completely new comer to the wiki source world. I want your help for the development. Please advise me the tips for smooth performance of the wiki source. Besides, one more question is that what will be the usage of the transcription or scans of old books (which you mentioned before) ? Haoreima (talk) 11:04, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: so first step is to create some structure (the main page, main categories, etc. just like for the Wikipedia on incubator). Then the workflow on Wikisource is like this: upload a scan on Commons (with all the right information), start a Book on Wikisource, transcript and proofread each page one by one and finally "transclude" (= gather automatically ) all the page together. I can guide you step by step but could you do the first step of uploading a scan on Commons?
The publication of the book is the main usage itself (like for any digital library like Google Books for instance, but on Wikisource people can improve the quality while Google books is just automatic transcription which often contains mistakes, especially for non-latin scripts), ahving a text transcription then allows multiple usage (like searching with ctrl+f which is not possible for an image of the text).
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 11:14, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Can I use this PDF page http://paochelsalaitaret.net/puya/puyaw.pdf for scanning? It is a copy of the Wakoklon, an ancient text. Besides, in the Wikimedia Commons, as you have seen before, I have uploaded a picture for c:File:Numit Kappa.jpg, it has been nominated for deletion. What if all those scans I am to upload get deletion nomination? Please guide me. Haoreima (talk) 11:57, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: no worries, I'll help you as best as I can. For the scan you give, it's probably ok but we need more information, what is the license and when was this specific text (not the original work) written? This is the same question for the c:File:Numit Kappa.jpg, you provide wrong information and this is why it's been nominated for deletion. In the source section, you can not put "own", you need to put the real source, same for the author section (you are obviously not the author of the Numit Kappa) or the date (this text is obviously not from 2021). These information are very important to determine the copyright status and if these file can be kept on Commons. Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 12:32, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Bro! I want to draw your attention to c:Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Haoreima. Next, especially for Numit Kappa, it's a photography from an old scrap of paper I found from my family library. I have little knowledge about it's original whereabouts. How shall I solve the issue of deletion nomination? Haoreima (talk) 14:32, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: if you don't have very clear information about the original whereabouts, you shouldn't upload them on Commons. It's a bit sad but it's better and easier for everybody. You should focus only on documents that have clear information and that are clearly in public domain or under free license. For the Numit Kappa, you may not know every detail but I'm guessing you have at least some information, for instance: when you say "old scrap" is it like 100 year old (then maybe not free) or more (then probably free), can't you found the document elsewhere and is there no one you can contact to kearn more (some specialized library maybe?). Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 15:04, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Sure, I will try to search its sources. Meanwhile, coming back to wiki source, I have seen that Modern Meitei (code= mni) wiki source already exist. Here, https://m.wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page/%EA%AF%83%EA%AF%A4%EA%AF%87%EA%AF%A9%EA%AF%82%EA%AF%A3%EA%AF%9F Unfortunately, the pages created in mni wiki source were deleted by some admin. May I know for what reason those articles were deleted? Haoreima (talk) 16:17, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: thanks, the sources are really important.
For information, in not a Wikisource in Modern Meitei, it's only an incubation. And these page where almost empty and not linked to a scan. Given the title and short content, I think it was a mistake (the Wikisources has no article, only transcriptions) and content for the Modern Meitei Wikipedia (I see mni:ꯏꯝꯐꯥꯜ and mni:ꯀꯪꯂꯩꯄꯥꯛ with the same title).
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 17:02, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Brother! (Curiosity-3) : Do I need to type every sentence in transcribing the books? Or can I copy and paste it? Is that vandalism? (Curiosity-4) : So, do you mean that if there's no book with the name "mni:ꯏꯝꯐꯥꯜ", then we can't create such pages in wiki source? Right! For, it's only a place for books! Haoreima (talk) 04:12, 25 April 2021 (UTC)
(Curiosity-5) : Do I need any special permission to carry on a task for writing (transcribing) a book? (Curiosity-6): Can a book be transcribed without uploading scan? Haoreima (talk) 04:23, 25 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: :
« Do I need to type every sentence in transcribing the books? » yes, other languages use an en:OCR but I don't think there is one for Old Meitei.
« can I copy and paste it? » if the transcription of the exact same book (and not an other version of the same book), yes can can copy-paste « Is that vandalism? » no (but only if the book is in the public domain, that's one of the reason why we are super careful on Commons about files).
« it's only a place for books » exactly.
« Do I need any special permission » no, just start ;)
« Can a book be transcribed without uploading scan? » technically yes, but it's a very bad idea. I strongly advice to always have a scan.
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 08:06, 25 April 2021 (UTC)
And finally,(Curiosity-7): Can a book from links such as archive.org [2] (a soft copy of the simple:Khuman Kangleirol) be scanned? I mean, scanning from soft copy and not from hard copy? (Curiosity-8) : Meitei language uses Roman alphabet, Meitei alphabet and Bengali alphabet for writing. So, books are available in all these 3 scripts. Can I transcript them through the other 2 non Meitei alphabets? Haoreima (talk) 01:23, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
(Curiosity-9): And unlike uploading pictures in Wikimedia, will uploading scans of books need copyright or licensing or any special procedures, as the books arn't my own work? (Curiosity-10): Can I transliterate, I mean many books are available in Bengali alphabet, but nowadays, Bengali alphabets are of no use, everyone uses Meitei alphabets. So, can I transliterate the Bengali scans into Meitei typing in the wiki source page? Haoreima (talk) 01:25, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: :
7. I'm not sure to understand (what soft copy and hard copy? the format of the book doesn't matter), some book on the library archive.org can be imported on Commons but not all of them. They need to be in the public domain but this file is from 1980 so it's probably not in public domain.
8. you can, this point is up to you to decide.
9. no special procedure, just clearly give all the information : the source, the date, the original author, etc.
10. the best maybe would be to do both: an original faithful transcription and a modernized transcription. But like 8, this point is up to you to decide.
Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 07:13, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
During uploading a scan, there will be an absence of exif data, will that doesn't matter? (And for hard copy-it means direct on papers, and soft copy- on computer or at digital format). Haoreima (talk) 09:14, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: Internet Archive files do have EXIF (and usually very good EXIF, see all files in commons:Category:Scans from the Internet Archive) so it's not a problem. Ah ok, I was thinking of hard cover and soft cover book, sorry. Cheers, VIGNERON * discut. 09:53, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
Hello bro! Once again, I am coming to see you!
Well, one thing I want to know is that can an English article be translated into another language through Google Translate and pasted in the very language's wikipedia? Haoreima (talk) 13:53, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
@Haoreima: I wouldn't advise that. I know a user who just got blocked on fr.wikipedia for making a simple grammatical mistake, and he knew French well. He's retired now, but it's not advisable. There's also the copyright issue as well. SHB2000 (talk | contibs | en.wikivoyage | w:User:SHB2000) 13:55, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
@SHB2000: Please visit the en:Philhellenism and see the notification in the top of the page. Haoreima (talk) 13:59, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
Okay, so the copyright issue can be solved from what I do on wikivoyage (like this). And when it means translated, it means someone who knows both Greek and English. Google translate isn't accurate, and sometimes can not take humour, sarcasm or analyze humour in the article (i.e. incorrect translation because it's written to engage with the reader). SHB2000 (talk | contibs | en.wikivoyage | w:User:SHB2000) 14:03, 23 June 2021 (UTC)

Wiki World Heritage Membership RequestEdit

Hello!

Wiki World Heritage UG Membership is open to anyone who supports the group's mission and objectives. To formally become a member, it is mandatory that members fill the Membership Request Form. Requests are automatically approved, except for the case of the global ban as mentioned in the by-laws.

This will also help us facilitate this year's activities and established a communication channel. You may access the form here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxqv-sIrApmjWgr1Rr2NRzofqTjgofiX7Jhz2gPRUKzvI2QQ/viewform


Best,

Imelda (Talk) 02:07, 19 July 2021 (UTC)
Members Liaison, Wiki World Heritage User Group

Wednesday July 28: Wikispore Day UnconferenceEdit

 
Wikispore Day 0, the picnic that partially inspired Wikispore.
Wikispore Day 1, last year

The second anniversary of Wikispore Day, observed on July 28, 2020, marks twenty-four months from the conceptual sprouting of the Wikispore idea from the Strategy Wiknic in NYC, which was held on July 14, 2019.

You are invited to participate in a virtual unconference for this year!

Wednesday July 28:

  • 12:002:00 pm (New York City time)
  • (16:00–18:00 UTC/GMT, 18:00–20:00 Berlin)
  • Social Hour

Since Wikispore is probably the only Wikimedia project to be born at a picnic, you are encouraged to participate from a socially-distanced green space outdooors if possible.

Wikisporadic Newsletter: August 2021Edit

Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.

(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for the Wikisporadic Newsletter by adding or removing your name from this list.)

Feedback on any of these items is welcomed at your friendly Wikispore Greenhouse!

--Pharos 19:48, 11 August 2021 (UTC)