IRC cloak requestEdit

I am Laurentius on freenode and I would like the cloak wikimedia/Laurentius. Thanks. --Laurentius 16:10, 6 November 2007 (UTC)

Request for usurpationEdit

Hello Laurentius. Your request for user name usurpation has been archived (see discussion). —{admin} Pathoschild 23:48:41, 26 March 2008 (UTC)

London WCA meetingEdit

Hi,

as I wrote, a twin room in the Holiday Express Inn is available for 93 quids per day at the moment. I am not sure about you and WMIT but I would need a receipt to cover expenses. Should each person take a room for 1 night and let them know we want to keep the room? Spliting costs afterwards could be problematic. :) aegis maelstrom δ 09:12, 2 February 2013 (UTC)

P.S. Of course it doesn't have to be this particular hotel. There are other good ones with similar or even lower prices and there is one well-rated budget hotel 10 minutes walk from the office - EasyHotel for just 49 quids per night. Should someone want to really squize the costs it is a viable option, however it is not the same facility where Markus and Manuel stay. aegis maelstrom δ 09:48, 2 February 2013 (UTC)

Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/Free knowledge author visits European parliament membersEdit

Se vuoi dare un'occhiata... --Nemo 08:52, 14 April 2015 (UTC)

Concordo anch'io, era solo un segnaposto. :) Per piacere sostituiscilo con qualunque cosa ti sembri meglio. --Nemo 20:41, 14 April 2015 (UTC)

FDC Election QuestionEdit

Hi Laurentius!

Given the short time frame before the election starts I just wanted to let you know that a question was asked of all FDC candidates on the Candidate question page. If you want to respond you can do so by editing that section and adding your response after the = sign next to your name. The question section will remain open (both for questions and responses) throughout the election and is linked from the voting interface so that voters can read it if they wish.

Thanks again for choosing to run and for your willingness to serve the community. As always please let me or any member of the committee know if you have questions throughout the process.Jalexander--WMF 06:32, 2 May 2015 (UTC)

Signpost inquiryEdit

Dear Laurentius, I've emailed you.

Thanks. Tony (talk) 06:10, 4 May 2015 (UTC)

FLOSS-Exchange#Wikimedia ItaliaEdit

Puoi aiutarmi ad aggiornarlo? --Nemo 20:46, 1 June 2015 (UTC)

In effetti mi pareva un improbabile salto in avanti... vabbè, aggiorno. Per fortuna m'hai avvertito, perché io lo stavo già comunicando in giro. --Nemo 16:59, 4 June 2015 (UTC)

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)

Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)

Grants talk:Learning & Evaluation/Global metrics#Metric 4bEdit

Sarà dura. --Nemo 21:03, 12 September 2015 (UTC)

Diritti d'immagineEdit

Avremmo dovuto farci pagare 250 $/ora anche noi per quella discussione sui diritti d'immagine. ;) Grants:PEG/Wikimedia New York City/Development of a model release process for photos and video --Nemo 21:59, 31 January 2016 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:38, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Traduzioni ASBSEdit

Stavo iniziando a radurre qualcosa per sfizio e vedo che sei un "facilitatore". Anzitutto non sono sicuro come "affiliate-selected Board sats", vada tradotto: va bene "membri del consiglio selezionati dagli affiliati"? Ma soprattutto non mi è chiarissimo come funzioni. Cioè ho letto velocemente le FAQ ma mi sono perso su come funzioni a livello di capitolo. Ogni capitolo/associazione scelgie a suo modo? Il "voto" del singolo capitolo (ma anche l'endorsement) è ratificato dal suo consiglio direttivo? Si ascolta un po' la ML dei soci del capitolo/associazione su cosa conviene fare? Scusa la curiosità ma scopro tutto questo in pratica per la prima volta, non avevo mai toccato con mano il processo di scelta di quei membri.--Alexmar983 (talk) 08:17, 12 March 2016 (UTC)

devo dire che sorprende la scarsa attività di WMI su questo fronte, io non ho notato nulla di specifico quindi forse se c'è stato è stato sottotono rispetto a altri argomenti. Per esempio se io inviassi una mail in ML per sapere cose ne pensano gli altri, giusto per avere un'idea di chi ha conosciuto da vicino che potrebbe essere nominato, sarebbe una cosa gradita oppure no? Perché a un certo punto l'istinto era quello, poi ho visto il tuo nome e ti ho scritto. Più che altro se decide il direttivo e il voto parte tipo il 24 marzo e finisce parecchie settimane dopo, quale è il direttivo di WMI Italia che vota? Perché se è quello neoeletto alla prossima assemblea, è interessante sapere una visione di massima dei singoli candidati sull'argomento, no?--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:46, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
Non ho capito quale è il direttivo, se quello attuale o quello votato fra qualche settimana, che fa la scelta ma magari è una delle cose che non puoi dire ;) qualcosina forse si intuiva da come ne parlava qualcuno ma non era chiarissimo almeno a me che ci sarebbe stato questo tipo di scelta con queste tempistiche. Comunque penso sia utile che tutti i profili dei candidati siano tradotti in italiano prima dell'Assemblea, aiuterà a far virare l'inevitabile discussione sul futuro di WMF e il ruolo di WMi su qualcosa di concreto a breve temrine, e questo mi sembra sempre una cosa buona.--Alexmar983 (talk) 15:03, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
grazie! scusa se ho abusato del tuo tempo "prsidenziale". Domani mando una mail e chiedo se qualcuno vuole aiutare con le traduzioni in italiano.--Alexmar983 (talk) 15:37, 12 March 2016 (UTC)

DuplicatoEdit

Ascolta ho visto che hai strutturato Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Results, ma tanto c'è Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Voted già tradotto. Forse è il caso di evitare duplicati...--Alexmar983 (talk) 11:15, 8 May 2016 (UTC)

Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!Edit

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:46, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)

Correcting reportsEdit

Ciao Lorenzo, thanks for catching the error on Amical's progress report! Please make sure, when you do something like this, to document it on the talk page, so we can catch it and document it elsewhere (we keep pdfs of the report, for example). Grazie! Delphine (WMF) (talk) 09:53, 14 October 2016 (UTC)

Booking your flightsEdit

@Laurentius: Ciao Lorenzo, I am a bit at a loss as to how to ping you effectively. My emails and those from others stay unanswered :(. Please please make sure you fill the forms to book your flights ASAP! Late flights cost our movement money :). Thanks! Delphine (WMF) (talk) 21:42, 14 October 2016 (UTC)

Translation adminshipEdit

Hello. I've promoted you to the TA group. Thanks for helping. Regards, —MarcoAurelio 10:17, 6 December 2016 (UTC)

Questa te la devo chiedere Lorenzo, io mi occupo di traduzioni in qua e là e mi è capitato di vedere anche pagine che secondo me andavano tradotte. Non vado a caccia di flag ma mi è sempre rimasto il dubbio che un giorno forse mi sarei potuto occupare di qualcosa in modo "professionale". Visto che l'hai avuto te lo chiedo di persona: ma esattamente come funziona? Non tanto in teoria, proprio in pratica, quale esperienza spinge un TA a autorizzare una traduzione, o a non autorizzarla? Mi ha sempre incuriosito.--Alexmar983 (talk) 11:26, 9 December 2016 (UTC)

FDC handbookEdit

Ciao Laurentius, grazie per aver messo un link da board handbook al FDC handbook. Penso che qualcosa sia andata male, magari ci dai un'occhiata. Magari dovremo anche indicare in qualche modo che il FDC non è un "board" nel senso stretto, che ne pensi? Grazie, --Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 19:02, 1 May 2017 (UTC)

Needing someone to announce Global centralnotice in Italian WikipediaEdit

Hello. I see that the banner was made at Italian Wikipedia to encourage its audience to sign their response to 2017 ban in Turkey. Then I saw this: Requests for comment/Global centralnotice for the blockade of the Turkish government. I wonder whether you can announce the proposal at Italian Wikipedia. Here's my suggested announcement that needs Italian translation:

Hi all. The proposal on the global centralnotice about Turkey's ban on Wikipedia is made at Meta-wiki, where I invite you to comment.

--George Ho (talk) 19:24, 22 May 2017 (UTC)

Good luck!Edit

Hey Lorenzo, I'd like to wish you all the best for the upcoming FDC election. It would be a pleasure and honor for me to serve with you. Warmly, --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 03:44, 29 May 2017 (UTC)

FDCEdit

Lol, ops. :-) Mentre facevo una revisione completa delle traduzioni sono finito per "sistemare" le parti del tuo testo che avevi tradotto tu stesso in italiano. :-))) Guarda pure le modifiche e rollbackami tranquillamente del tutto o dove credi sia meglio. :-) --Lucas (talk) 07:26, 6 June 2017 (UTC)

Global preferences ready for testingEdit

Greetings,

I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.

  1. Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
  2. Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
  3. Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
  4. Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
  5. Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations

Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:25, 26 February 2018 (UTC)

Special:MyLanguage e reindirizzamentiEdit

Su [1], è noto come phabricator:T164357. Se è importante, si possono eventualmente valutare altri modi di reindirizzare chi usa il collegamento breve. --Nemo 18:41, 1 July 2018 (UTC)

The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

"Who Wrote That" project updateEdit

Hello. I'm reaching out to you as you participated in the 2017 Community Wishlist proposal for "Who Wrote That" project (previously known as "Blame Tool"). The Community Tech team is kicking things off on the project and we have an early-stage mockup available for you to look at. I invite you to follow that project page, where I will be posting periodic status updates for the project. You are also welcome to provide your thoughts on the talk page. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 22:57, 21 February 2019 (UTC)

The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your supportEdit

Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.

A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.

While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)

Interest in collaborating with CivilServant?Edit

Hi Laurentius -

I got your name from Iberocoop (their meta page, actually), whom I met with last year at Wikimania, and thought you'd be a good person to reach out to. CivilServant's a research nonprofit that works with Wikipedians (for free) that are interested in testing ideas to make their Wikipedias flourish. We're currently working with five Wikipedias (Arabic, French, German, Persian & Polish) but are hoping to expand our partnerships with other Wikipedias in 2020. If you or others with it.wiki might be interested in testing innovations or tools (anything the Italian language Wikipedia community uses to try to improve the quality or breadth of content) to see if they are indeed effective, we'd love to talk to you.

Also, if you are planning to go to Wikimania, we are hosting a Research Summit on the 19th that you may be interested in attending (we could cover the accommodations costs for staying two extra nights in Stockholm). You can read more about the summit - and link to the application - on our Research Summit Meta page. (We're asking for applications by June 10.)

Of course, feel free to spread the word to others who might be interested in attending the summit or just talking to us.

Thanks! --Juliakamin(cs) (talk) 12:55, 3 June 2019 (UTC)

Re:Un grazie e un libro sulla conoscenza libera per teEdit

Grazie a te x il gentile messaggio. Ciao --Davy1509 (talk) 17:24, 18 February 2020 (UTC)

Omaggio Open source, software libero e altre libertà.Edit

Ti ringrazio delle tue parole e della copia del libro. Ho già effettuato la sottoiscrizione. Le tue parole mi suggeriscono quelle di uno statista credente del passato: La libertà è quando riusciamo a dare una risposta nella nostra breve esistenza a tutti gli interrogativi che Dio ci pone nel mondo che ci circonda ed aggiungerei che condividere questa conoscenza con dei canali come questo ti provoca un'ulteriore senso della libertà e ti avvicina ad uno spirito superiore, essendo pure io credente, che chiamo Dio.

Questo intervento potrebbe darmi l'opportunità di partecipare come utente attivo nel vostro progetto. Grazie ancora e buona continuazone per il lavoro fatto da te ed altri su Wikimedia.--Grasso Luigi (talk) 18:52, 18 February 2020 (UTC)

Grazie milleEdit

Grazie di cuore. Appena lo avrò letto lo donerò alla biblioteca dell'agenzia regionale di promozione culturale di Avezzano. Un saluto e un abbraccio dalla mia famiglia.--Marica Massaro (talk) 13:21, 19 February 2020 (UTC)

Grazie per il libroEdit

Grazie per il pensiero e buona giornata. P.gibellini (talk) 15:01, 20 February 2020 (UTC)

Libro di Carlo PianaEdit

Ciao, il 18 febbraio ho ricevuto il messaggio da Wikimedia che mi ringraziava della donazione e mi assegnava il libro in oggetto. Io ho fornito il mio indirizzo il giorno stesso, ma a tutt'oggi, dopo 15 giorni, non ho ricevuto ancora nulla. Non so se è ancora presto. Mi puoi dare qualche informazione in merito? Grazie. Saluti. --Mario1952 (talk) 17:23, 3 March 2020 (UTC)

GrazieeeEdit

Ciao. Grazie!!! Molto apprezzato. Io vivo in Inghilterra, ma posso fornire un indirizzo italiano se è meglio. --Elcaracol (talk) 18:07, 4 March 2020 (UTC)


Ciao! Come funziona? A chi posso comunicare l'indirizzo? Grazie ancora! --Elcaracol (talk) 19:58, 9 April 2020 (UTC)


Fatto! Grazieee!!! --Elcaracol (talk) 21:55, 13 April 2020 (UTC)

bloccato sui commonsEdit

Ciao vorrei chiederti un favore. Anni fa sono stato bloccato sui commons a mio avviso ingiustamente per violazioni ripetute di copyright. Avevo caricato tantissime immagini che mi sono state cancellate per violazione di copyright, ma l'ho fatto in buona fede, innanzitutto immagini analoghe come gli stemmi delle navi in molti casi erano presenti. Mi sono state cancellate immagini perfino di oggetti fotografati da me come crest navali in mio posseso. Inoltre inspiegabilmente immagini che prima erano considerati free come quelle della ex _jugoslavia adesso non lo sono più, una gran confusione per questo mi sono allontanato da Wikipedia oltre all'arroganza di molti amministratori --Gaetano56 (talk) 21:14, 4 May 2020 (UTC)

Grazie per il libroEdit

Ciao, volevo solo ringraziare per il libro offerto (solo ora ho visto il messaggio). Purtroppo vivo nel Regno Unito, e non ho un modo facile di fornire un indirizzo italiano. Ho letto che spedirlo qua costa quindici volte più che spedirlo in Italia, quindi penso che sia meglio per me cercare di leggerlo in pdf, in modo che la copia fisica arrivi a più persone. Comunque, grazie mille, mi ha fatto piacere :) Eynar Oxartum (talk) 14:14, 5 June 2020 (UTC)

Proposte e richieste per la ItWikiCon 2020Edit

Ciao :-) come forse avrai saputo, l'edizione 2020 della ItWikiCon si farà online. È aperto lo spazio per proporre i propri interventi. Dato che avevi richiesto uno o più argomenti per l'edizione del 2019, che non si è potuta svolgere, mi chiedevo se fossi interessato a richiederli per quella del 2020 (o anche altri, ovviamente). Se è qualcosa di cui vorrai parlare o che vorrai fare tu, segui ItWikiCon/2020/Proposte#Submit_a_Proposal, mentre se è qualcosa a cui saresti interessato e che vorresti che qualcuno facesse scrivi in ItWikiCon/2020/Proposte#Requests. Ciao e grazie ;-) --Superchilum(talk to me!) 09:07, 7 June 2020 (UTC)

Ciao, grazie per le proposte :-) quei 30 minuti li consideri totali tra presentazione e discussione? --Superchilum(talk to me!) 06:57, 31 July 2020 (UTC)

libro WMIEdit

Ciao Laurentius, oggi dopo una lunghissima assenza costellata di modifiche sparse da IP mi sono loggato di nuovo e ho trovato il tuo messaggio. Grazie a te e a WMI per questo bel regalo di bentornato! --.sEdivad (msg) 16:23, 11 June 2020 (UTC)

libro open sourceEdit

Grazie! gentilissimi!!!. Vi scrivo tramite segreteria. --C.R. (talk) 21:51, 18 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 15:21, 21 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 15:03, 4 January 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

Following the regular call, in SWAN after hours: Wikimedia Meet Jitsi social event with brainstorming for possible Nano Charter ideas, plus any other topics.

--Pharos (talk) 17:57, 18 February 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:39, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:17, 23 April 2021 (UTC)

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:46, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Proof of Identity still needed for Board of Trustee CandidacyEdit

Hi there! I see that you have not yet submitted your proof of identity. Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. A copy of one of the following documents fulfills this:

Driver's license
Passport
Other official documentation indicating real name and age

This may be provided to the Wikimedia Foundation via email at secure-info wikimedia.org. Even if you may have done this previously for a different position, you are asked to complete this again. Please submit this by 29 June 2021 at 23:59 UTC.

If you are one of the selected candidates, the Wikimedia Foundation may need to request additional identifying information in order to run a background check prior to your appointment to the Board.

Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 03:44, 29 June 2021 (UTC)

Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionEdit

Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.

The facilitators have some activities planned during the campaign period. Be sure to check out Candidate Resources to learn more about the trustee role.

The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.

Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 03:46, 29 June 2021 (UTC)

Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing Conversation Chat will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:47, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activitiesEdit

Dear Candidate,

I am writing to you about several things:

1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.

2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.

3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac wikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr wikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.

Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:31, 16 July 2021 (UTC)

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 15:07, 22 July 2021 (UTC)

Congratulations on your Wikimedia Foundation board appointmentEdit

At Wikimedia Foundation elections/2021/Results you are announced as a selected candidate for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation. Thanks for standing for this. I support what you do to advance the en:Wikimedia movement, and I hope you find this role to be fulfilling and productive. Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:25, 7 September 2021 (UTC)

Congratulations from the admins of Wiki Ligure - also: the problem of the coat of arms (stemmi) on the regional Wikis on the Italian peninsulaEdit

Hi Laurentius, let me congratulate you on being selected for the Board of Trustees of Wikimedia. I voted for you and recommended my fellow admins to vote for you. Now the practical thing before you are confirmed and start to work in the board: Like Fausta Samaritani hinted at a few days ago, we are still trying to find a solution for the coat of arms (stemmi) of the Italian communes, which we and other regional Wikis of the Italian peninsula cannot use. Could you please do something about it? Frankly, I cannot understand why this issue cannot be solved "from above". Please try hard and confirm the trust we have in you. Please answer here on your discussion page so that my fellow admins can easily follow. Scignurìa! --Luensu1959 (talk) 13:58, 8 September 2021 (UTC)

I am also an admin on Wiki Ligure and I fully support what Luensu has written to you. Giodiassi5 (talk) 14:15, 8 September 2021 (UTC)

@Luensu1959 and Giodiassi5: I'll switch to Italian as I see that you are both Italian native speakers.
Non credo ci siano problemi che possono essere "risolti dall'alto", ma posso cercare di aiutarvi a capire cosa si può fare. Per prima cosa, però, mi servirebbe che mi spieghiate più nello specifico di cosa si tratta.
Giusto per assicurarmi che il contesto sia chiaro, ricordo che:
  • una specifica immagine di uno stemma comunale può essere soggetta a diritti d'autore come ogni immagine;
  • il soggetto dello stemma (ad es. "croce rossa in campo bianco") non è invece soggetto a diritto d'autore, nemmeno se complesso (la sua definizione è un atto ufficiale dello stato);
  • in aggiunta, per la legge italiana l'uso di uno stemma comunale deve essere autorizzato (per evitare abusi). Secondo le linee guida di Commons sulle restrizioni non legate al diritto d'autore, questo non impedisce il caricamento dell'immagine su Commons. - Laurentius (talk) 11:45, 10 September 2021 (UTC)
Grazie per l'attenzione, caro Laurentius. Principalmente noi di Wiki Ligure vorremmo utilizzare gli stemmi dei comuni liguri e di eredità ligure, ma il loro uso è limitato a priori. Vorrei mostrarti l'esempio del mio paese, Borghetto di Borbera, dove ho potuto in prima persona chiedere al sindaco perchè lo stemma del comune fosse solo sulla Wiki it, su quella lombarda e quella inglese. Non ne sapeva niente, e da lì ho continuato ad indagare senza arrivare ad una deduzione, nè tanto meno ad una soluzione. Se l'amministrazione comunale del mio paese, l'unica forse autorizzata a concedere il diritto d'autore, non sa niente di questa problematica, ho ragione di pensare che qualsiasi "impostazione" originaria dell'immagine possa essere modificata così che anche altre Wikis possano caricare l'immagine sulle corrispondenti pagine del comune. Attendo lumi chiarificatori ed una proposta di soluzione! Scignurìa, --Luensu1959 (talk) 15:54, 10 September 2021 (UTC)
Parto da un po' lontano. Nei primi anni di Wikipedia, venivano caricate abitualmente immagini non libere, sia con autorizzazione degli autori (ad esempio immagini con divieto di uso commerciale o di modifica, oppure autorizzate solo per Wikipedia), sia senza, secondo il principio del fair use.
Dopo un po' però ci si rese conto che questo non andava bene. Da un lato, avere contenuti che non siano liberi, anche se legali, rende problematico il riuso dei contenuti dell'enciclopedia; e dall'altro, il fair use è un principio legale che esiste solo negli Stati Uniti. Nel giro di qualche anno, attorno al 2007, sono cambiate un po' di cose:
  • Wikimedia Commons, che è nato in quegli anni, quasi dal principio accetta solo file sotto licenza libera:
  • Il fair use è stato generalmente escluso nella maggioranza dei progetti, tranne in casi particolari. Sopravvive su en.wiki, ma comunque con un uso minore rispetto a prima.
  • È stato generalmente evitato l'uso di contenuti non liberi, anche se autorizzati, tranne eventualmente in alcuni casi in cui non è considerato praticabile fare altrimenti (secondo le Exemption Doctrine Policy).
In particolare, a seguito di un sondaggio, la comunità di it.wiki stabilì di eliminare quasi tutti i casi di fair use ammessi fino a quel momento, con poche eccezioni, fra cui gli stemmi. Anche se adesso può sembrare strano che queste eccezioni esistano, al tempo questo fu un cambiamento drastico, stabilendo che molte cose che fino a quel momento erano state fatte non erano più possibili. Per gli stemmi, l'eccezione è stata credo influenzata anche dall'altro limite che indicavo, cioè la richiesta (secondo la legge italiana) di un'autorizzazione da parte dell'amministrazione comunale. Credo che l'idea fosse non tanto di usare il fair use per il copyright, ma per quest'ultimo aspetto; cosa che negli anni successivi ha trovato invece soluzioni diversi (vedi la pagina sulle non-copyright restrictions che linkavo prima).
Venendo al caso dello stemma di Borghetto di Borbera, l'immagine che vedi su quei tre progetti rientra in queste eccezioni: è presente su en.wiki perché fanno un uso estensivo del fair use, ed è presente su it.wiki (e lmo.wiki) perché sopravvive quest'eccezione.
Oggi la strada maestra per gli stemmi è il caricamento su Commons di immagini libere, segnalando che potrebbero esserci restrizioni aggiuntive. Personalmente, non credo metta conto chiedere invece l'autorizzazione alla pubblicazione al comune, perché mi sembra chiaro che l'uso che viene fatto è documentale e non per millantare un supporto a Wikipedia da parte del comune (è quello il motivo per cui le restrizioni esistono). Su Commons c'è già una categoria con molti stemmi italiani.
Se conosci il sindaco, la prima cosa che proverei a fare è chiedergli di rilasciare un'immagine (possibilmente SVG, altrimenti PNG ad alta risoluzione) dello stemma sotto licenza libera (CC-BY-SA o più libera). È una richiesta ragionevole, anche se può essere complesso spiegarlo ad un amministratore pubblico. Una cosa buona, comunque, è che il copyright si applica ai singoli disegni, non al concetto generale dello stemma, quindi è sempre possibile ridisegnarli: è quello che è stato fatto con la maggioranza di quelli presenti su Commons. Oltre che ridisegnarli personalmente, si può anche attingere ad altre fonti: ad esempio, se non sbaglio c'è una vecchia autorizzazione da Araldica Civica - anche se non sono sicuro che sia ancora in linea con le policy attuali, e potrebbe essere da rivedere. - Laurentius (talk) 09:23, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
Grazie per le esaurienti spiegazioni. La soluzione globale non è purtroppo a portata di mano, ma almeno sappiamo adesso come procedere nei singoli casi. I wish you all the best for your future commitment, and keep up the good work! Alêgri! --Luensu1959 (talk) 10:06, 12 September 2021 (UTC)

Congratulazioni dalla comunità Wikipedia in Lingua VenetaEdit

Ciao Laurentius, noi comunità di Wikipedia in Lingua Veneta ci teniamo a congratularci del risultato che hai raggiunto in queste elezioni e nell'augurarti un buon lavoro, auspicando un futuro di grande, proficua e duratura collaborazione. Ci teniamo inoltre a darti il nostro pieno sostegno ed appoggio in tutto il tuo percorso, fiducia fruttata dal tuo operato nei progetti Wikimedia dei scorsi anni. Un cordiale ed amichevole saluto da parte di tutta la comunità vec.wiki quale mi onoro di rappresentare e naturalmente anche da parte del sottoscritto. --ꜰɪᴇʀᴏᴅᴇʟᴠᴇɴᴇᴛᴏ (Talk)-(Scrìvame in vec.wiki)-(Contributions) 18:44, 8 September 2021 (UTC)

CongratulationsEdit

Congratulations on your election to the WMF Board of Trustees. It is refreshing to find someone who agrees that "The community is not just a bunch of people providing free work to support the projects", and I hope your success may help others to accept this view. Certes (talk) 18:43, 9 September 2021 (UTC)

Sunday September 26 SWANniversary Party and All-Affiliates Strategic MeetingEdit

 
Celebrate our first anniversary with SWAN-shaped desserts!

Join the SWANniversary on September 26 as we mark the first year of the Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network!

We will have the regular All-Affiliates Strategic Meeting, to be followed by a SWANniversary Party in the after hours session, likely through spatialized chat on WorkAdventure.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, June, and July SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, we'll look together at strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday September 26, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and .)--Pharos (talk) 18:10, 22 September 2021 (UTC)

Sunday October 31 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
A swan reflects.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June, July, and September SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter Drafting Committee Set Up Process, Next Steps for Brand Work, 2021, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday October 31, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call a half-hour later in UTC time due to WikidataCon*.)--Pharos (talk) 01:42, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Sunday November 28 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Chart a new course on the swan ferry.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Hubs+Hubs Workshop, Movement Charter+Drafting Committee, WMDE's 'Future of Wikimedia Governance' proposal, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 28, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 15:55, 25 November 2021 (UTC)