Welcome to Meta!Edit

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Hello, JKoerner (WMF). Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

‐‐1997kB (talk) 02:51, 17 February 2021 (UTC)

Hello!Edit

No spare time this wk for more than passing edits... nice to see the panels coming together. –SJ talk  02:02, 10 March 2021 (UTC)

Great to hear from you, SJ! Thanks for all of your attention to this Call for Feedback. Your feedback touches so much more than just this call. Talk soon! - JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 03:18, 10 March 2021 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/Call for feedback: Community Board seats/Conversations/Topic panels/Topic panel: Skills for board work panelist changesEdit

Hello. Here you changed one of panelist and removed (tbc). But why?

First it would be a good tone to write a brief description about why [you think] an user added by you as a panelist is an a topic expert (and what's the significant difference between him and other participants who will join and listen), like as here said about Houcemeddine Turki or here said about Florence Devouard, here said about Chris Keating or here told about Bishdatta.

Second, here told about "Every panel includes four members from the movement...along with a trustee of the Board". Is that NOT true about first topic panel session to be carried out and what is wrong with Dr Mel Ganus as an expert as there's still no any experts added instead of her to fullfill needed exactly 4 members?85.238.102.83 06:10, 10 March 2021 (UTC)

Hi there! I will bring this feedback to the facilitation team. Hopefully we can add more information about the panelists to clarify your concerns.
For the Skills panel, Dr Mel and I talked yesterday and agreed to change panelists. We are still working on a fourth panelist. We have invited several panelists and are waiting on a confirmation. Hopefully we will have that today. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 12:41, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
Thank you for clarification and your time. Still don't understand why Dr Mel out, but glad that's a mutual decision and hope she's ok.85.238.102.83 13:15, 10 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:38, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:15, 23 April 2021 (UTC)

Cross-posting on mailing listsEdit

When sending a message to many mailing lists, please send a single message to 9 mailing lists at a time. That will reduce the number of duplicates people receive. Don't mix private and public mailing lists in the recipients, and don't try to have more than 10 at a time, or your message may be held in moderation. Nemo 18:24, 21 May 2021 (UTC)

Hi there, Nemo! Thanks for reaching out! I did not know that was a feature. Thanks for letting me know. How do you suggest I might group them to be most efficient? Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:27, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
I thought I had documented it somewhere but clearly I didn't, sorry for that. I'm not sure about the grouping, it depends how many lists we're talking about: if you put a list somewhere here in Meta, I can help group them (and maybe others will use the list again in the future).
In general, don't overthink it: it's only important to avoid the messages getting moderated, so you need to have private lists in one group and public lists in another. The rest doesn't matter so much. Nemo 06:47, 22 May 2021 (UTC)
@Nemo bis: Great! I'll work on that this week. In my facilitation role, I am focused on English communities. I am sure other facilitators might benefit from grouping mailing-list outreach as well. I'll bring it up to other facilitators that they can do this. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:34, 24 May 2021 (UTC)

@Nemo bis: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I will be sending out the Call for Candidates announcement soon and I realized I never replied to you! Since we do not have a solution yet, I will be sending the announcement to Wikimedia-l and All-Affiliates for now. I cover all English communities and a few others.

Lists I mail to include:

  • Wikimedia-l
  • All-Affiliates
  • Gender Gap
  • wikimedia-cascadia
  • wikimedia-boston
  • wikimedia-us-nc
  • wikimedia-us-co
  • wiktionary-l
  • wikisource-l
  • mediawiki-l
  • textbook-l

Please let me know if there is a way I can be less annoying with announcements. :) Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:42, 8 June 2021 (UTC)

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:45, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Re:Edit

Hello Jackie! Thanks for reaching and for the support, yes, I'm interested. Best, --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 18:08, 28 June 2021 (UTC)

  Done Thanks for the reminder, Jackie! --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 04:53, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
Hi Jackie! It's fine for me the proposed date and hour. Best, --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 18:33, 2 July 2021 (UTC)
Hola Jackie, if the answers are going to be translated, can I submit my answers in Spanish? I feel more comfortable publishing in this way. Best, --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 00:18, 18 July 2021 (UTC)
Hi there, ProtoplasmaKid, I don't see any problem with this, but I'd like to ask the rest of the team first. We meet Monday mornings (well, morning for you and I). I should be able to get an answer to you by Monday afternoon. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 03:33, 19 July 2021 (UTC)
Thank you JKoerner (WMF)! Best, --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 15:25, 19 July 2021 (UTC)
Hey there, ProtoplasmaKid! Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday. I talked to Oscar today about this. Please do write your answers in Spanish and Oscar will coordinate translations with you. Likely he will translate and you can check the English translation to be sure it is what you mean. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 16:55, 20 July 2021 (UTC)
Done, submitted, thank you JKoerner (WMF) and thanks Oscar for the support. --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 23:34, 20 July 2021 (UTC)

Facilitator SupportEdit

@JKoerner (WMF): Hello! Thanks for the message you left on my talk page. I will cordially invite you to check my Candidature page and Evaluation form. If anything is wrong there please contact me I will correct that.

I had some questions. They are:

1. I have submitted my Photograph and Birth certificate to secure-info@wikimedia.org to proof my identity but i can't see that anyone has verified my identity on my candidature form. When it will be verified?

2. As I said, I have submitted my photograph to secure-info@wikimedia.org So do i need to attach my photograph to my candidature page?

3. Is there one single facilitator reserved for helping every single candidates or what? Please explain. Md. Abdul Ahad Khan (talk) 01:05, 29 June 2021 (UTC)

@JKoerner (WMF): You talked about making a schedule for the meet; will it be a video meet? Md. Abdul Ahad Khan (talk) 22:54, 29 June 2021 (UTC)

@Md. Abdul Ahad Khan: That is what we planned, but if something different works better for you, please let us know. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:58, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
@JKoerner (WMF): I haven't any problem to join a Video meet. But where it will take place? Are you on Telegram? Please provide the account name.Md. Abdul Ahad Khan (talk) 23:09, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
@Md. Abdul Ahad Khan: I believe we were planning to use Google Meet. Please email me to plan a time to meet and we can decide what to use in that email. jkoerner-ctr wikimedia.org Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 14:31, 30 June 2021 (UTC)


@JKoerner (WMF):Ok. No problem. Soon I will inform you about the meeting schedule. But for now I have a question and that is:

"Do Wikimedia Foundation's Trustees get paid for their work? Or it is a voluntary work?" Please inform Md. Abdul Ahad Khan (talk) 17:55, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
@Md. Abdul Ahad Khan: All non-profit board is voluntary. There is no payment for the Board trustee position. The only payment is reimbursement for travel or meals during meetings or events related to the Board trustee position. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:08, 30 June 2021 (UTC)

Meeting with FacilitatorEdit

@JKoerner (WMF): Hello! Hope you are well.

I can meet with the facilitator team on 5th July, 2021 at 10:00am UTC.

Md. Abdul Ahad Khan (talk) 18:14, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

@Md. Abdul Ahad Khan: Ok, we have a candidate briefing meeting on 3 July at 15:00 UTC. Does that work for you?
Are you suggesting 5 July for your candidate support meeting with Krishna and I? Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:01, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
@JKoerner (WMF):

Yes! I am free on 5th July at 10:00 am UTC. So That day I can meet both of you. You may change the time but the day "5th July" will be better for me. Md. Abdul Ahad Khan (talk) 02:32, 2 July 2021 (UTC)

@Md. Abdul Ahad Khan: Hi Abdul, sure, I can meet you on July 5 at 10:00 am UTC. I have just sent you an email to setup the meeting. KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 15:51, 2 July 2021 (UTC)

Re: Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionEdit

Hi! Thank you, the time should work for me. - Laurentius (talk) 20:03, 1 July 2021 (UTC)

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 15:04, 22 July 2021 (UTC)

translation requestEdit

Hi Jackie, Ive just made some corrections on EN page but I was not allowed to receive transl admin rights here on Meta, so can you please mark page Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Candidates for translation ? Thanks. Christian 🇫🇷 FR (talk) 10:35, 5 August 2021 (UTC)

Hi there, Christian, thanks for reaching out. I believe I marked it. Please let me know if I made a mistake. I am still learning the proper translation markup. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 14:19, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
Thanks, FR version translated and reread; seems ok. Christian 🇫🇷 FR (talk) 19:35, 5 August 2021 (UTC)

Translations...Edit

...for the instructions. You just inserted some sentences in English, but they are in no other language available or even to see, as long as you don't mark those pages for translation. I can't do anything about it, but methinks you can. Grüße vom Sänger ♫(Reden) 20:42, 18 August 2021 (UTC)

Hi there, @Sänger:, thanks for the ping. All should be complete now. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:45, 18 August 2021 (UTC)