Welcome to Meta!Edit
Trustee Evaluation Form for 2021 Board elections candidatureEdit
Hi Abdul, thanks for applying to be a candidate for the 2021 WMF Board elections. I see that candidature page currently doesn't have the Trustee Evaluation Form, which is an essential part of the application process. I would like to follow up with you to fill the Trustee Evaluation Form and append it to your candidature page. The template is available at Template:Wikimedia Foundation elections/2021/Trustee Evaluation Form and you can see an example here. This needs to be completed before June 29th, which is the last date for the call for candidates. Please let me know if you need any support. KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 11:06, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
Wikipronounce and LingualibreEdit
Hello Md. Abdul Ahad Khan, I have read your candidate page for the Wikimedia foundation elections, where you talk about "Wikipronounce".
I don't know if you already know Lingualibre?
It's a multilingual project, which records words, phrases, proverbs in all languages, the records are then added to the Wiktionnary page of the word. There are currently 500,000 records in 120 languages, maybe this will interest you. --Vincent Simar (talk) 19:53, 27 June 2021 (UTC)
@Vincent Simar: Thanks for the message. I didn't know about Lingua Libre. After your message I visited the site. The motive of the site was good but it's user interface experience is bad. Additional problem is most of the pronunciation on the site, are only in French accent. Even English words are in French accent. The pronunciation of some basic words like "hello", "egg", "word", "dictionary" are not there. Moreover pronunciation of brand names like Johnson and Johnson, Adidas, Louis Vuitton are not available. Which is very disappointing.
So the necessity of launching Wikipronounce still remains.
Lingua Libre is a fairly new project, it is not yet as developed as some Wikipedias, there is still a lot of work to do, but it is progressing well, since February there have been 100.000 new records.
It was started by Wikimedia France, which explains why there are maybe more words registered in French than in other languages, but the goal is obviously to cover a maximum of languages.
Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionEdit
Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.
The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.
Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:36, 27 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Md. Abdul Ahad Khan, Great! Glad to hear you are interested in support. Let's schedule a time to meet. Krishna and I will be the two facilitators meeting with you. Please feel free to email me jkoerner-ctr wikimedia.org so we can plan a time. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:48, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:35, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activitiesEdit
I am writing to you about several things:
1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.
2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.
3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac wikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr wikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.