Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/Call for feedback: Community Board seats/Conversations/Topic panels/Topic panel: Board - Global Council - Hubs
|Call for feedback: Community Board seats|
|How to participate|
In the Movement Strategy conversations, it has not been decided how the Interim Global Council, the Global Council, and the Regional and Thematic Hubs will work. Their relationship with the Board and the s/election processes for all these bodies are not known either. For a moment, let’s imagine: How could the different s/election processes of these bodies be organized? How would it be possible to reach out to potential candidates, getting apt volunteers for each body, without confusing or exhausting everyone?
This topic has been defined by the Facilitation team independently from the Board, based on the feedback received during the Call for feedback.
Please feel free to write down your topic-related questions and suggestions on the talk page before the panel starts. Panel moderators are glad to make them part of the discussion. Of course, you are invited to write in any language. The facilitation team will take care of translations.
- The Panel will take place on Saturday, March 13, 16:00 UTC.
- Chris Keating (UK), member of Wikimedia UK, part of the Roles and Responsibilities strategy working group, former Board of Trustees candidate
- Anna Torres (Argentina), Executive Director of Wikimedia Argentina, part of the Roles and Responsibilities strategy working group.
- Shabab Mustafa (Bangladesh), Wikipedia volunteer, who worked as a volunteer for Bangla Computing Popularization for a few years. One of the founding members, an elected member of the executive committee and current President of Wikimedia Bangladesh.
- George Melashvili (Georgia), active editor since 2008 and administrator in 2010-14 of Georgian Wikipedia and active Wikimedian since 2010. One of the founders and current member of the Board since 2019 of Wikimedia UG Georgia. The founder of the Europe-Georgia Institute (EGI) – an independent, non-partisan hybrid NGO in Georgia.
- Trustee: Maria Sefidari (Spain), chair of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
The session will start with an update by Kaarel Vaidla, Process Architect for the Wikimedia Movement Strategy. Kaarel will be available to address any questions related to the Movement Strategy during the session.
Participants can express their interests beforehand, please sign up here:
All participants agree to abide by the Friendly space policy for Wikimedia events.
The panel will last 45 minutes, followed by a 45-minute open mic discussion, where everyone’s free to ask questions or to contribute to the further development of the panel's topic.
How to joinEdit
- We will use Google Meet. Both logged in and anonymous guests are welcomed.
- Join us on google meet
- Link to Etherpad
During the meetingEdit
- Please mute yourself when you are not speaking.
- If you want to ask a question, raise your hand and wait until your turn arrives.
- Keep your questions short and on the topic of the panel.
- Don’t worry about notifications of late arrivals requesting access. The organizers will approve them.
- The meetings will be recorded.
- Automatic captions will be enabled.
- Expect basic moderation for the turn of questions and muting noise.
- Expect quick moderation if anyone disrupts the room (the link is public, anyone can join)
- If there is interest, at the end of the panel team members will stay and keep the room open for continuing conversation.
- Due to technical limitations, we cannot offer live-streaming (we had to choose between automatic captions or live-streaming).
After the meetingEdit
- On the following days, expect:
- Video recordings available on Commons and YouTube
- A report
- Full automatic transcript