David Wadie Fisher-Freberg
Joined 17 December 2011
|— Wikimedian —|
|Name||David Wadie Fisher-Freberg|
|Special:EmailUser/David Wadie Fisher-Freberg|
I have been part the Wikimedia movement in one way or another since 2007.
This is my volunteer account. I have edited the Wikimedia projects in other capacities using different accounts. See the list of my conflicts of interests for those disclosures.
Things I signedEdit
- "An earthquake achieves what the law promises but does not in practice maintain: the equality of all men." Ignazio Silone
- "The problem with Wikipedia is that it only works in practice. In theory, it's a total disaster." Gareth Owen
- "Remember, your edit count is not your IQ, value as a human being, or a score in a video game. It does not determine your worth as a Wikipedian. It does not cure cancer or grant you a seat on the secret spaceship that will be traveling to Mars when the Krulls return to destroy the planet in 2012. Don't let it bother you. It's just a number in the database." Slashdot
- "If there is a Hell, I think it is an encyclopedia, and you can just look up what everyone in your life thought about you. And if there is a Heaven, it's a Wikipedia, and you can just change that." John Mulaney to Stephen Colbert
- "A laugh is actually a feeling of superiority to something." Jim Carrey
- "The trouble about fighting for human freedom is that you have to spend much of your life defending sons of bitches: for oppressive laws are always aimed at them originally." H.L. Mencken
- "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is." Yogi Berra
- "Having our door open to all would-be editors has its advantages. However, it does mean we get fools, including well-meaning fools, nasty fools, and smart people who sometimes do something foolish." Jim H
- "The law is also memory; the law also records a long-running conversation, a nation arguing with its conscience." Barack Obama
- "My teachers said I should do something that requires a big mouth and no brain. So I became a lawyer." Alan Dershowitz
- "The law is just politics frozen in time."
- "Lawyers don't create problems. We help people who create problems make them either bigger or smaller, depending on our job."
- "Ideas don't determine who's right, power determines who's right. And I have the power, so I'm right." Frank Underwood
- "Don’t tell me what the laws are, show me who will enforce them."
- "He who slows down time preserves power." The New York Times Magazine
- "The difference between liberals and cannibals is that cannibals eat only their enemies." Lyndon Johnson
- "Debate either will be interminable or will be resolved by a change in social conditions or by force (politics in one form or another), or sometimes by a charismatic moral innovator." The Problematics of Moral and Legal Theory, Richard A. Posner.
- "Whenever someone wants to “compromise” on human rights, it’s always someone else’s rights they want to be compromised." Kurt Busiek
- "Imagine a CS degree where you never read or write code, only read compiler error messages. That’s law school." Luis Villa
- "Twitter is LinkedIn for people looking to lose their jobs." Mohanad Elshieky
- "It is possible for a dictator to govern in a liberal way. And it is also possible for a democracy to govern with a total lack of liberalism." Friedrich Hayek
- A pro-tip for OOO email: “If you need me, you know how to get me. If you don’t know how to get me, you don’t need me.”
- "Pay the lawyers at the start or pay them a lot more later."
- "If you must break the law, do it to seize power; in all other cases, observe it." Julius Caesar
- "If you see the glass half empty, pour it to a smaller glass and stop sweating over it."
- "A lot of law makes much more sense when you approach it as if it mere a mirage, illusion, or daydream."
- "The opposite of education is not ignorance; it is education in social science." Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- "Pray to God, but keep rowing towards the shore."
- "It's true that no one is indispensable, but things aren't just right when some people are not around. Be that people."
- "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is possible.”
- "Hope for the best, plan for the worst, maybe wind up in the middle." Keegan P.