Nyhetsbrev nr. 25 fra Wikimedia NorgeEdit
Hello, here are the latest news from Wikimedia Norge!
- Wikigrants and news archive access
- December 1st is the deadline to apply for wikigrants from Wikimedia Norge. If you have an idea for a wiki-related project you'd like to do, but need some extra money to do it, you should apply! Anything goes as long as the end result benefits the Wikimedia projects.
- On the same date we will be dispersing access to the news archive Retriever for the period until May 20th, 2023. In Retriever, you can search the archives of 2,916 Norwegian news sources. Sign up on the list on Wikipedia if you're interested.
- Committee being put together
- How should we increase the number of members of Wikimedia Norge? We hope you would like to give us some input.
- The 2022 general assembly decided that a committee should be put together to find out how to incentivize members to join. The board of Wikimedia Norge has written a mandate to give the committee a good frame of reference. The committee will consist of members and other Wikimedians, as well as a representative from the administration, and will deliver a report to the board on January 15th, 2023.
- We encourage anyone who wants more info or wants to join the committee to get in touch with board chair Marie Nicolaisen by November 27th on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start-up help
- Do you know someone who wants to contribute to Wikipedia, but doesn't know where to start?
- On Wikipedia they can get a mentor, and there is a forum for new users. Now they can also meet an experienced Wikipedian "face-to-face" in an online event to get help live. Wikimedia Norge's start-up help will happen on the first Wednesday of every month. The first opportunity is December 7th, 19–20 CET.
- This is happening before Christmas
- Wiki meet-up: Tuesday November 22nd, 17:00–22:00 at Deichman Bjørvika, Oslo. Active contributors will meet up for a workshop and exchange of experiences. After the meet-up there will be a social meeting at nearby Døgnvill Burger.
- Start-up help: Wednesday December 7th, 19:00–20:00. Digital meet-up for new Wikipedians to get started.
- Christmas meet-up: Thursday December 8th we will meet at Dattera til Hagen in Oslo. Those who want to eat will meet at 17:00; there will be a quiz from 19:00 onwards.
Have you already paid your membership fees for 2022? If not, you can always do so by re-registering on this page.
This newsletter is posted by a bot. Leave feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe
Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) 13:51, 22 November 2022 (UTC)
Saturday 20221126, 8pmEdit
Hello Ainali, No stream this evening ? Sniff Cordially. Eihel (talk) 19:11, 26 November 2022 (UTC)
- Correct! We announced in the end of the last stream that it was going to be a tiny cliffhanger for the 100th episode. ♥Ainali talkcontributions 19:24, 26 November 2022 (UTC)
View it! has been expanded and will have an official launch demo session Jan. 12thEdit
|View it! Tool update Jan. 2023
Big news, View it! users! Over the last two months, View it! has been expanded to two versions. Our new full version shows images within the wiki content page, and the "View" tab displays a gallery of images without leaving the site you are on, as you can see at right. We have rebranded the original version, which utilizes the "View" tab to link to our Toolforge search results, to "Lite". We invite you to switch to full version and try it out! Major changes:
Action to take
Thank you for being a part of the View it! journey and please join us for the launch on January 12th!
We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia SummitEdit
Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).
Baserow was a tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.
You are welcome and encouraged to fill out the survey in any language. Your feedback would be very appreciated --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 14:54, 16 February 2023 (UTC).
Nyhetsbrev nr. 26 fra Wikimedia NorgeEdit
Hello, and happy Easter from Wikimedia Norge!
- Wiki meetup and editathon in Trondheim: First weekend in May
- Knowledge movement attacked – again: Wikipedia debate in Dag og Tid
- Progress for Sámi translations: About translation of MediaWiki into Northern Sámi
- Can loaning equipment improve the wiki projects?
Did you already pay your membership fee for 2023? If not, you can register as a returning member on this page.This newsletter is posted by a bot. Leave feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe
Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) 13:38, 5 April 2023 (UTC)