Consulta Comunitária/Carta do Movimento
|See the summary of the feedback from the community consultation, and responses to the feedback by the Movement Charter Drafting Committee.|
This page is dedicated to community consultations about the content of the Movement Charter, which is being drafted by the Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC). You can see summary of the feedback from the community consultation, responses to the feedback by the MCDC.
The MCDC presented the first outline of the Charter at the 2022 Wikimedia Summit. The MCDC then integrated the initial feedback collected during the Summit.
The MCDC organized its first Community Consultation in November and December 2022. Details of the communication channels and engagement are below. The full feedback is captured on this page, including some detailed responses by the MCDC (highlighted in orange).
November-December 2022 consultation
The community consultation to collect feedback on the draft of the first three sections of the Movement Charter is taking place between November 20 and December 18, 2022. Feedback can be shared in different ways and in the language you prefer:
- Filling out the feedback survey (anonymously and available in multiple languages);
- Sharing feedback on the talk page on Meta;
- Sharing feedback in Movement Strategy Forum:
- Values & Principles
- Roles & Responsibilities (statement of intent)
- Sending an email to movementcharterwikimediaorg; or
- If your local community/organization have a Movement Charter Ambassador, join the local conversations that they are organizing.
Ask Me Anything on Movement Charter sessions
With the goal of ensuring that anyone interested is well informed to fully participate in the conversations and are empowered to contribute their perspective on the Movement Charter, three Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter sessions were organized, scheduled for different time zones. These sessions took before the community consultation period.
The sessions are for anyone interested in learning about the Movement Charter: Goal, purpose, why it matters to a Wikimedian as well as communities, and what impact it has. Members of the MCDC will be present to answer any questions on the Charter you might have and receive feedback. All three sessions follow the same structure and program.
Ask Me Anything #1: Asia-Pacific
Ask Me Anything #2: Europe/MENA/Sub Saharan Africa
Ask Me Anything #3: Western Europe/North and South America
For the regional conversations, please observe the following points:
- Everyone can join the call (via Zoom/Google Meet), no registration needed.
- Access links for calls will be shared 48 hours before on this page
- Engage as you like: speaking up, writing, or just listening.
- With exception of the Middle East and North Africa session, the event will be conducted in English; simultaneous interpretation available.
- The conversations will not be recorded, except for the section where participants are invited to share what they discussed in the breakout rooms. Documentation (notes and videos) are available on Meta.
- For a welcoming space for everyone, constructive communication is expected by everyone. The Universal Code of Conduct applies.
Regional conversation: Northern & Western Europe
Regional conversation: Sub-Saharan Africa
Regional conversation: Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Regional conversation: South Asia
Regional conversation: Middle East and North Africa
Regional conversation: United States and Canada
Regional conversation: Latin America and the Caribbean
Regional conversation: East Asia, South East Asia, and the Pacific