- 1 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 2 Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions
- 3 Signpost email
- 4 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 5 Ex officio
- 6 Demande d'information
- 7 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 8 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 9 Uncontrolled spending increases
- 10 Training modules: Can you help us with translation?
- 11 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 12 Encuentro Iberoamericano de la comunidad
- 13 New message at Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard
- 14 Email notification
- 15 delete page
- 16 Phabricator ping
- 17 ASBS process
- 18 Questions for all candidates
- 19 Situation on English Wikipedia
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Hello there! Please, do assume good faith :) You have not posted your answers to some questions, like:
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Meeting minutes
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Expertise
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Grants structure
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Meta-chapters
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#What is the crisis?
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#BoT Role in new ED appointment
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Long unresolved bugs
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Organizational interests
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Openness of board proceedings
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Non-profit experience
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Making the WMF a membership organisation
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Should there be an independent review / analysis of the recent crises?
The voting starts today, so it is better to have everything done as soon as possible. I do want to hear your opinion on the questions you have missed, and I am going to ask this from every candidate, as it is important to understand how a future Trustee (and technically any of us can be elected) treats this or that issue, to know his or her thoughts about it on a public page. And I think that I am not very unique in my desire to have more text to get to know people better :) Wikipedians tend to read people (literally speaking) --アンタナナ 02:15, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- P.S. I do not have intentions to make you answer the questions you do not want to answer, I just want to know your opinion before you are elected as a Trustee. Even if you think that some questions are out of scope or not relevant. Thank you :) --アンタナナ 02:15, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
We are about to send you an email on behalf of the Signpost editorial board.
My best wishes.
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Thanks you for your willingness to engage of policy and strategy discussions. Might I suggest that if you wish to contribute in your capacity as Chairman of the Board, you do so from an "official" account ending in (WMF) so we can distinguish your personal thoughts from statements on behalf of the Foundation. Just a thought. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 19:11, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
Bonjour et bonne année, Christophe. Je voudrais vous poser deux questions : la première, êtes-vous encore chargé de fonctions éminentes au sein de la Wikipedia/Wikimedia Foundation, et si oui, lesquelles ? La seconde : votre emploi est-il un emploi bénévole, ou un emploi rémunéré ? Dans cette hypothèse de l'emploi rémunéré, peut-on connaître le montant de votre salaire ? Merci d'avance pour votre réponse, à adresser sur l'interwiki francophone User:Éric Messel. Encore bonne année ! --Éric Messel (talk) 10:24, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
Uncontrolled spending increasesEdit
In my essay at User:Guy Macon/Wikipedia has Cancer I make several proposals.
Whether of not you agree with the essay as a whole, would you be willing to propose and/or support the following?
- Make spending largely transparent, publish a detailed account of what money is being spent on and answer any reasonable questions asking for more details.
- Limit spending increases to no more than inflation plus some percentage (adjusted for any increases in page views). Are you willing to support any limit at all on spending growth, and if so roughly how much? 10%? 20%? 30%?
- Build up our endowment and structure the endowment so that the WMF cannot legally dip into the principal when times get bad.
Training modules: Can you help us with translation?Edit
Hello Schiste, hope all is well! As you may know, we at the Wikimedia Foundation's Support and Safety team are developing new training materials to help contributors deal with online harassment situations, and with problems at real life events. The final English version is now finished!
I'm wondering if you would be willing to help us translate content for these Training Modules into your language. We are targeting a minimum of ten languages for these modules, including the English original.
If the answer is yes, please let me know with a ping, or just get stuck in - either way, we would really appreciate your support! Joe Sutherland (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 18:11, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
19:30, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
Encuentro Iberoamericano de la comunidadEdit
Queríamos invitarte al encuentro iberoamericano de la comunidad que vamos a realizar el 10 de junio a las 18:30hs. en el bar Back in Black de Recoleta, CABA. Podés encontrar más información en la página del evento.
¡Sumate a compartir este espacio que reúne voluntarios/as de distintas partes del mundo!
No te olvides de firmar en la página.
New message at Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboardEdit
Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard#Wikimedia Cloud --Guy Macon (talk) 03:59, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
|Hello, Schiste. Check your email—you've got mail!|
— (sent to your wikimedia.org address, from the Signpost email account) - Evad37 (talk) 10:00, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
Hello Schiste. I hope that this message finds you well. This is in regards to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T184961. I was wondering if you could answer there when you got a minute if we can proceed with the closure or if you still need more time to examine its contents. Thank you. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:05, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
Hi Christophe, thanks for nominating yourself in the ASBS process. Could you answer the set of general questions (Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019/Questions) to all candidates on that page please? Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 14:29, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Questions for all candidatesEdit
Situation on English WikipediaEdit
Hello. I have been an administrator on the English Wikipedia since 2005, and was a steward from 2014-2015. I am concerned about the situation on English Wikipedia described at w:en:Wikipedia:Community response to the Wikimedia Foundation's ban of Fram. We have already lost 10+ administrators and may lose more if the situation is not resolved soon. I am hoping that there will be a timely and satisfactory response from the WMF Board. Regards, Rschen7754 02:18, 28 June 2019 (UTC)