- 1 Translation combination boxes
- 2 Board candidate template
- 3 Election notice translation
- 4 A belated thanks ..
- 5 Translation request
- 6 Copyediting
- 7 Tagalog Wikipedia
- 8 Baybayin
- 9 Requests for comment/Chapters. Proposal to give transparency and voice to the communities
- 10 Editor Appeals Need Translations
- 11 Translator, We need you!
- 12 C vs. AC
- 13 Change in translations
- 14 A barnstar for you!
- 15 Wikimania
- 16 WikiWomenCamp/FAQ/Perspectives/Philippines
- 17 Please, help me to correct the main page!
- 18 Affiliations Committee is looking for members
- 19 Research on Chapters
- 20 Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey
- 21 Wikimedia Brasil
- 22 Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
- 23 Superprotect status
- 24 Wikimania 2016 bids/Manila
- 25 Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
- 26 Requests for comments on Wikimedia user groups approval process and agreements
- 27 Signpost inquiry
- 28 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections 2015
- 29 Phil Wiki Community User Group proposal
- 30 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 31 Application: Wikimedia Community User Group Nigeria
- 32 Request for approval: Wikimedia MA User Group
- 33 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 34 Introducing the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list
- 35 What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
- 36 2015 Affiliations Committee call for candidates
- 37 Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
- 38 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 39 Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?
- 40 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 41 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 42 Wikimania 2016: IdeaLab Workshops
- 43 Ping
- 44 JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
- 45 WAM 2018
- 46 Attitude of Josh
Translation combination boxesEdit
The following text was copied from Meta:Babel#Translation_combination_boxes. As an active translator, it may be of any interest to you:
Board candidate templateEdit
Hi! I need a translator for Template:Board_candidate/tl. It has to be a template like, say, Template:Board_candidate/fr: it contains sentences and keyword used as parameters in transclusions. These transclusions are being used on candidate subpages, for example (in French) http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Election_candidates_2006/NicholasTurnbull/Fr&action=edit
I added links toward these subpages on [] so translators (meaning, you :) can just click&translate with the template. jd ৸ 13:51, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
Election notice translationEdit
Hi, Sky Harbor! Thank you for your translation of Election notice. I expect you informed it to your community, Tagalog language projects.
Your work involves many Tagalog speaking editors to this Election, I hope. Again, thank you! --Aphaia 10:28, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
A belated thanks ..Edit
.. for helping to translate my Board election statement. The amount of multilingual activity in Wikimedia never ceases to amaze me, and I think we can do much more to support translation efforts throughout the Foundation. For example, on the technical level, I believe in interfacing with computer-aided translation tools such as the open source utility Omega-T (to make it easier to translate only the changes in the new version of a document), and to build multilingual discussion support into MediaWiki. (I've authored the specifications for LiquidThreads, which is being implemented as a Summer of Code project by David McCabe, and the Multilingual MediaWiki specs, which are going to be coded by Charles Pritchard with support from the University of Bamberg and Wikia.) It would also be neat to support open source machine translation efforts like Apertium, and to integrate those with MediaWiki.
I also believe that the next-generation dictionary, WiktionaryZ, will help with internationalization efforts. On the social level, we need to build organizational structures which take multilinguality into account, i.e. support local chapters, and bring translators into the Foundation-level processes. One final idea I have is to build a translation assignment management system, so we can easily manage and prioritize the translation tasks that need to be done, and notify translators when a document is ready for translation. If you have other ideas for improving and supporting multilinguality in our projects, please let me know at User talk:Eloquence. Again, thanks for your translation, and please keep up the great work!--Eloquence 21:29, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
For the front page of the Novial Test Wikipedia it would be nice to have an Tagalog translation of the following 2 sentences:
Welcome to the Wikipedia in the Novial language!
You can read about the international auxiliary language Novial here.
See the original request at Wikimedia Incubator here.
Thank you, Nov ialiste 10:16, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- I think this might be the translation, but since there is no translation for Novial into Tagalog, I used the original:
- Maligayang pagdating sa Wikipedia sa wikang Novial!
- Pwede kang magbasa tungkol sa Novial, isang internasyonal na wikang auksilyar, dito.
- Good luck on the Novial test wiki! --Sky Harbor 13:35, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- Great, thanks. The original name is best, as it is a sort of acronymn:
- Novial = Nov + IAL = nov international auxiliari lingue = new international auxiliary language. Nov ialiste 16:55, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- You're welcome. By the way, I also dropped in the Spanish translation. --Sky Harbor 11:55, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
Dahil multilingual naman ang Meta-Wiki, mananagalog na lamang ako.
Salamat nga pala sa mga pagpapabuting ginawa mo sa mga sinaling kong pahina. Nakatulong talaga ito. Pero tungkol sa salitang ginamit mong "pantao" pinalitan ko ng "panao" kasi panao talaga ang pang + tao (nawala yung "t" dahil sa pagbabagong morpoponemiko) ayon rin sa talasalitaang Tagalog-English ni Padre English ay panao talaga iyon at hindi pantao. Pero salamat pa rin sa lahat ng mga pagpapabuting iyong nagawa. -- Felipe Aira 12:15, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ah yaong "pang-kompyuter" pinalitan ko ng orihinal na "pangkompyuter" dahil ang salitaang ito ay hindi nanganga-ilangan ng isang gitling. (Mga salitang pinapamagitan ng mga patinig lamang ang nanganga-ilangan nito kagaya ng "mag-aaral" at "pang-usapin") -- Felipe Aira 12:19, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
Tungkol sa donate form na kinopy-edit mo: talaga bang inclusive ang kahulugan ng "we" sa orihinal na donate form? (Ang ibig sabihin nito ay "tayo". Inclusive ang tawag dito kasi kasama ang kinaka-usap; kabaligtaran nito ay exclusive hindi kasama ang kinaka-usap: "kami") Sa tingin ko "kami" ang dapat gamitin imbis na "tayo". -- Felipe Aira 12:21, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- Oo, talagang ingklusibo ang ginagamit na we dito (hindi siya eksklusibo). Tungkol sa panao, ito (ayon sa diksyonaryong Padre English) ay ginagamit sa paglarawan ng isang uri ng pang-uri lamang (kaya ang personal pronoun ay pang-uring panao) at hindi human, kung saan ginagamit ang pantao (hal. Komisyon sa Karapatang Pantao). Nagbago rin ako ng ilang mga salita (hal. ang donation ay abuloy, ngunit ang gawa ay magkaloob). --Sky Harbor 23:52, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Humuhingi ako ng payo kung paano makaka-usap si AnakngAraw patiungkol doon sa nangyari kanina.--23prootie 03:44, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- Makakausap mo pa rin siya. Gamitin mo ang Special:EmailUser. --Sky Harbor (talk) 03:53, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, yun yung una kong trinay kaso hindi niya pinahinhintulutang gamitin ang email niya. Naasar yata sa kin... --23prootie 21:03, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
Gusto ko lang sanang magkumento doon sa usapan sa Kapihan. Dalawa ang puwedeng pagbasihan ng Baybayin bilang mga regulator. Una ang Makabagong Filipino Diksyonaryo at ikalawa ang Doctrina Cristiana mismo. Dahil sa Filipinization na naganap noong ikalawang kalahati ng ika-20 siglo, napakadali nang ilipat sa Baybayin ang mga salitang Latin sa Tagalog.--23prootie 02:22, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
Hi Sky Harbor thanks for participating in the RFC. Following the comments I have reworded the pro and against statements and added an entry of “Other proposals to get transparency and give voice to the communities” I am sorry if the initial wording seemed biased. --Gomà 16:21, 30 November 2010 (UTC)
Editor Appeals Need TranslationsEdit
Hi Joshua! Thanks for all your help translating during this year's fundraiser. The fundraiser has greatly benefited from all your contributions. Currently, the appeals from Wikipedia editors Kartika, Liliaroja, Abbas and Joan Gomà need to be translated and localized. Also some core messages need to be updated for certain languages. You can find all translation requests at the translation hub on meta and you can follow the progress of the fundraiser in real time by tracking the fundraiser statistics. Also for those of you who haven't already, you can subscribe to the translators-l mailing list for all new requests and major changes. Many thanks for your help in truly making this a global fundraiser that you can edit. schapman
Translator, We need you!Edit
Dear Sky Harbor,
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.
- Hi Seddon. May I suggest to be a little bit less provocative on the headline text? ;)
- Anyway, I'll be glad to fill out the survey. I'm currently juggling academics with chapter-related stuff, but I'll see what I can do. :) --Sky Harbor (talk) 13:49, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
C vs. ACEdit
- The same as in the map of chapters. A chapter is an organization that has recognition from the Wikimedia Foundation and has been incorporated. An approved chapter has recognition from the Foundation, but has not yet been incorporated or is in the process of incorporation. --Sky Harbor (talk) 05:38, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
Change in translationsEdit
Hi, and thank you for your activity with fundraiser translations so far!! I have one small request to make: We had to change three of the appeals; the change is the same in all of them, and the replacement text is quite short, so I don't want to e-mail people just to fix that, and that's why I'm asking you instead. It would be great if you could do the following fixes in Tagalog:
Since these are small changes you don't have to go through the cycle of having it proofread and everything, unless you are unsure about the translation. Thanks in advance. :-) Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 05:38, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.
And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.
Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 14:31, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi Sky Harbor,
I see that you have been working on a Wikimania bid, but have not moved it to the "official" section of the page Wikimania 2013 bids. Do you plan to move forward with this bid? If so, please simply move it to the appropriate section; the deadline is today. -Pete F 01:08, 29 January 2012 (UTC) (member of the Wikimania 2013 jury)
Hi Josh Lim,
Can you help us to add some information in Philippines women perspective page? Especially related women perspective in free knowledge and some short information of women history in Philippines. Thank you. --22Kartika 17:22, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
Please, help me to correct the main page!Edit
Hello! Sorry for the trouble, but I really don't know what to do. I find a mistake (or even violation of NPOV and NOR) in description of Belarusian Wikipedias on the main page www.wikipedia.org. According to IRS there exists only Official (Belarusian: Афіцыйная) but not Academic (Belarusian: Акадэмічная) orthography. You can make sure about it in en:Belarusian Wikipedia (or in Russian article, where such definition appeared after discussion in 2011). At the same time current "Taraškievica" (Belarusian: Тарашкевіца) on the main page isn't an equial pair to "Official". According to IRS and prevalent self-name it is much better to use the name "Classical" (Belarusian: Клясычная). I would be very appreciated if you help me to correct this disappointing mistake. --Kazimier Lachnovič (talk) 21:56, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
Affiliations Committee is looking for membersEdit
Thank you for signing up for updates about the Affiliations Committee, we are currently accepting applications for members. You can apply until January 12, 2013. Let me know if you have any questions. –Bence (talk) 12:39, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
Research on ChaptersEdit
As you might know, I am running a research for Wikimania 2013 (partially for WCA, partially for myself) regarding Wikimedia Chapters. You can see a snap description here.
The point is to collect and present quantitative data about chapters and the local organizations in the global movement. It is a lot of work for one person and maybe just too much for one volunteer - this is why I am asking for help.
Do you know if members of the Affiliation Com or some dedicated WMF employees could help with filling the tables or pointing out / sending proper documents? Certainly I am looking for proper published data and I am asking particular chapters for answers - however there are already surveys collected by WMF and probably this should be the best initial source of the knowledge.
Any help: like directing me to a right person, pointing to good data sources or helping with filling the forms (especially with Phillippines!) will be appreciated! :)
Best Regards i do zobaczenia!
Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program surveyEdit
Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.
Click here to be taken to the survey site.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.
This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:47, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, Danilo. Please allow me to follow up with the Committee what is pending, but to the best of my knowledge we are waiting on whether or not you guys have agreed to constitute a user group first as a trust-building measure, which we suggested to your representatives during Wikimania in Hong Kong. I will inform the Committee of your query and we'll see where we can go from there. :) --Sky Harbor (talk) 09:24, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, thank you. About the "Wikimedia user group", the users that were in Wikimania didn't know or remember we have decided a time ago to not create a "user group", our decision is to create a chapter directly. To avoid this kind of communication problem, I ask you and others AffCom members to always discuss about Wikimedia Brasil in Talk:Wikimedia Brasil/AffCom, as this way allow to all users that are following the process know what is been discussed. Thank you again. Danilo.mac talk 22:57, 3 October 2013 (UTC) obs: my english is not good, sorry any mistake
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal ClinicsEdit
Dear Sky Harbor, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:49, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
I admit I followed the bidding process so scarcely that I had not noticed your bid so far. Congratulations for the job done! --Nemo 08:36, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
Please fill out our Inspire campaign surveyEdit
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
Wikimedia user groups are groups of Wikimedia users who support and promote the Wikimedia projects in the offline world by organizing meetups and other projects. The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee's responsibilities include approval of new Wikimedia user groups.
The committee will seek community input until Friday, May 1, 2015. The committee will then review the community's input, and publish the new process and agreements on Meta-Wiki. The committee will again seek community input approximately six months after any changes are adopted to gauge effectiveness and if any additional changes are necessary.
Please see the RFC page on Meta-Wiki for more information and to provide feedback.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
- Just received your e-mail, Tony1. Looking forward to answering it. :) --Sky Harbor (talk) 16:45, 10 May 2015 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections 2015Edit
Dear candidate. My general opinion about administration of Wikimedia is negative. Many texts and images had been removed with pretext of protection of rights of the owners of the copyright owners. The special permissions by the copyright owners were just ignored, and removed together with the files. In particular, this refers to images of the Soviet dissidents and their texts.
Below I suggest only few examples in order to let you know what is happening: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sofiya_Kalistratova&oldid=649939072 https://ru.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Софья_Васильевна_Каллистратова&oldid=93595 https://ru.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Леонард_Борисович_Терновский&type=revision&diff=1312548&oldid=585736
I investigated the case and I revealed that many removals were performed by bureaucrat Lozman, who has absolutely no experience with obtaining permission from the copyright owners and does not even remember, who made him bureaucrat. However, this is only example.
Sorry for being late, but I just received the invitation to vote. You still have two days to change my opinion about at least one of the candidates suggested. One example of complain by the author is available at site TORI, http://mizugadro.mydns.jp/t/index.php/Kouznetsov,_permission I mention it because it has English version, although many Russian authors were offended in the similar way.
Now I formulate the question:
Do you think it is still possible to handle the cases mentioned?
Do you think that you can find time to deal with the cases mentioned?
Phil Wiki Community User Group proposalEdit
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Application: Wikimedia Community User Group NigeriaEdit
Dear Josh lim,
I write to notify you that Wikmedians in Nigeria had applied as affiliates of the WMF under the name "Wikimedia Community User Group Nigeria". In lieu of this, we look forward to your endorsement. Warm regards! Wikicology (talk) 20:28, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
Request for approval: Wikimedia MA User GroupEdit
Hi Sky Harbor,
We, Wikimedians in Morocco, have filled out the form to create a user group in our country, for that, I want to announce that we were looking forward to a recognition from you, to join the WMF. Cordially, --Reda benkhadra (talk) 12:53, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee is pleased to introduce the launch of the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list, which is basically a place for all the affiliates (chapters, thematic organizations, user groups) to discuss issues related to affiliates, make announcements to other affiliates, and collaborate on activities and community-wide events. The idea is to help facilitate the dialogue affiliates across our movement, plus collaborative discussions like community-wide activities, joint edit-a-thons, regional conferences, blog/report posts, or other communications from affiliates.
Each Wikimedia movement affiliate is allocated three spots on the mailing list. All affiliates may contact the Affiliations Committee to request additional spots if needed.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!
The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.
The committee consists of twelve members, six of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms.
- Key skills
Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members. The key skills and experience that we look for in candidates are:
- Excitement by the challenge of helping to empower groups of volunteers worldwide.
- Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
- Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliations, and similar questions.
- Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly ~2 hour voice/video meeting.
- International orientation.
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
- Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the WMF.
- Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organising are a plus.
- Effective communication skills in other languages are a major plus.
- Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
- Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of the workload and are motivated by helping other volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world.
- Selection process
As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2015 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta (at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/2015), and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.
At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, WMF staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2016, with new members expected to join later that month.
- How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2015. You will get a confirmation that your application was received.
Your application should include the following:
- Your full name
- Your contact information (including e-mail address and username)
- A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.
Your statement will be published for community review and feedback, so please do not include any information that you are not comfortable sharing.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!
Chair, Affiliations Committee
Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?Edit
Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:00, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
If you have a proposal or idea you are thinking about, and would like a space to work on it on your own or with others, please consider joining us for either the Thursday or Saturday sessions. We'll discuss a little about IdeaLab and how it works, and the rest of the time is space for idea building. You can also use this session to ask questions about Wikimedia Foundation grants that are available if your proposal or idea may need funding. Thanks, and see you at the conference! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 20:45, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)Edit
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for your message, The Living love. Now that you've registered your Wikipedia, you need to create a WAM landing page in Hausa. You can use this template, translate the contents into Hausa, and then you can begin! Don't forget to check out Wikipedia Asian Month 2018/Organiser Guidelines for all you need to know as an organizer. :) --Sky Harbor (talk) 22:29, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
Ok thanks Sky Harbor, I'm going to do that.