Joined 25 October 2008
Wikipedia is my hobby. The idea of free knowledge enthusiasms me because we are performing a fun activity while contributing to build a work that has value for humankind.
It seems to me that this paradigm breaks the classical outlines of economy where you dedicate a part of your time to do things for the others in exchange for money in a stressful environment and another part of your time to consume things using this money. I think that if there were more and more people dedicating to the projects part of their time the world would be a bit better and the people would live a bit happier.
My participation to the projectsEdit
- At Catalan Wikipedia I contribute writing, translating and improving articles about mathematics.
- At Catalan Wikibooks I have contributed meaningfully to four books: Viquipèdia (Wikipedia) Translating from French, Matemàtiques accés a grau superior (Mathematics to pass the entry exam for superior professional education), Python 3 (Non-Programmer's Tutorial for Python 3) translating from English and Tutorial de bots (Bots tutorial).
- At Spanish Wikipedia my contributions are focused around the project Wikiproyecto Wikifabricación (Wikiproject Wikimanufacture).
- At French Wikipedia I have reviewed the INSEE codes (Institut National de la Statistique et des Études Économiques - National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies) of the 36.000 French municipalities and I have corrected the only 30 mistakes I found.
My participation here at metaEdit
Contribution to the definition of the movementEdit
- Map of the current players and their roles in the movement
- Proposal for a new design of the players and roles in the movement
- Essay to clarify what is a Wikimedia Chapter
- My answers to the movement roles survey
- Data from WM CAT to contribute to the fact base for movement roles
- Proposal related to Chapters to give transparency and voice to the communities
- Another approach to the matrix analyzing the roles of the players of the movement
Fund raising campaignsEdit
- I participated in the Wikipedia authors appeal 2010 with my own appeal. I received several claims for this but things like this makes all those inconveniences worth to be supported.
- My comments in the discussion page of the 2011 Chapters fund raising agreement
- Translations of fundraising messages from English to Catalan. Year 2008
- Translation of the Lilaroja appeal. Year 2010
- Translation of the second appeal from Jimbo. Year 2010
Project promotion and miscelaneousEdit
- Teamwork of projects in languages with singular status
- Perpinyà meeting of Wikipedias in small and singular languages
- Wikimedia CAT local chapter proposal
- Outreach materials
- Proposal to organize Wikimania
Participation at WikimaniaEdit
- At Wikimania 2009 (Buenos Aires) I presented the Assciation Amical Viquipèdia and our proposal for the chapter Wikimedia CAT.
- On 2010 at Gduńsk I presented Our Experience applying Wikipedia at schools in Balearic Islands. I also collaborated with organization by chairing the sessions about Wikipedias in minority languages.
- This year 2011 at Haifa I have asked to organze a workshop about promoting wikipedia in minority and endangered languages.