- Hello Darwinius, I came to MetaWiki because of an ongoing problem on WikiSpecies, and possibly other Wikis, after a recent software update. I posted a question on the Wikimedia Forum which has yet to be answered. There is more detail on the WikiSpecies Village Pump page. This is a new problem that started two weeks ago, or thereabouts, and its a real pain. Would be great if someone with a MetaWiki overview could investigate. Cheers, Alan. Accassidy 18:58, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Hola, gràcies a la teva firma donant suport a la nostra associació. El passat dia 5 de juny Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) va ser reconeguda pel Consell d'Administració de la Fundació Wikimedia com a Organització Temàtica. Pots veure el comunicat de l'associació en català aquí o el comunicat de la WMF en anglès aquí. Per a la nostra associació és una fita molt important, portàvem 5 anys demanant ésser un organisme oficial. Nosaltres continuarem la nostra tasca de promoció al carrer i a les institucions de la Viquipèdia i els seus projectes germans arreu dels territoris de parla catalana.
Hello, thanks for your signature giving support to our association. Last 5th of June Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) was recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as a Thematic Organization. You can read the news bulletin of our association in Catalan here or the WMF's bulletin in English here. For our association, this is a very important achievement: we have been pursuing the official recognition for the last 5 years. We are going to continue the task of promoting Wikipedia and its sister projects all around the Catalan-speaking regions.
Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform is onlineEdit
In the past you've expressed interest in the project Netherlands and the World. We would like to draw your attention to the launch of the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform. Please find more details below:
Wikimedia Nederland launches the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform. The platform aims to stimulate global re-use of Dutch collections on non-European cultural heritage. In particular, it aims to stimulate collections on countries with which the Netherlands have had historical ties. These countries include Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Ghana, Suriname, South Africa, and others.
The platform also aims to foster contacts between Dutch cultural heritage institutions and Wikimedia contributors across the globe. However, participation is not limited to Wikimedia contributors. Anyone can participate, making it relevant for education and research as well.
- Dutch heritage institutions can post offers on (parts of) their collections that are relevant to non-European countries
- Wikimedia contributors gain insight in the contents of Dutch collections and can make requests for digitalisation.
- Knowledge exchange and cooperation are key concepts.
The platform is easy to use. After registration, users can post offer/requests notices, depending on whether they are looking for material, or want to offer material for re-use. Statistics on re-use are also available.
The Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform is part of the program The Netherlands and the World. This program is supported by Wikimedia Nederland and aims to make available knowledge and content on non-European countries.
Feedback Netherlands the World Exchange Platform requestedEdit
In the past, you've expressed an interest in the project The Netherlands and the World. As part of the project, the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform went online in April 2017. A few months later, we would now like to collect some feedback on the platform:
- If you’ve signed up on the platform but never got around to using it, or if you looked at the platform but didn’t sign up, we would like to hear about that.
- If you’ve never heard of the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform before, we would like to hear about that too.
- In general, we are also interested to get feedback about the platform itself. So, whether you’ve already had a look at it, or just learned about it from this email, we would appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to browse the website and share with us your thoughts on its purpose, the available functionality, the layout, things that you’re missing that should be there, suggestions, etc.
Feel free to share your thoughts on my talk page, this mailing list or email me directly if you don’t want to share your thoughts in public. Your feedback will be invaluable to help us decide how to move forward with the Netherlands and the World Exchange Platform.
Vc poderia colocar os anos de lançamento em azul, eu não sei fazer isso.
Thierry Campagner (talk) 22:21, 29 October 2017 (UTC)
Hello! It looks like you haven't updated your signature since your rename, see Special:Diff/17478644. The Wishlist Survey bot flagged you as an inactive/new contributor, but clearly you are a seasoned member. You might consider updating your signature to point to your new username, so that automated programs like this don't get confused, and so that people will can more easily find you. Just letting you know! Thanks for participating in the survey, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 01:07, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- @MusikAnimal: Hi! Thank you very much for noticing that and having the care to inform me of it, do I need to repeat the survey? Thanks, --- Darwin Ahoy! 01:16, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- No need! I updated all of the signatures, but that was mostly as a nitpick. All the users flagged by the bot are manually reviewed (we're just making sure there are no obvious socks, etc.), so there was no concern of your votes going to waste. Regards, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 01:43, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
Ola DarwIn você poderia me explicar por que minha conta foi bloqueada ? e como desbloqueio ? Não entendi muito bem o motivo
- Olá Steve Azevedo. Não me lembro de bloquear uma conta com esse nome. Qual é o ID de bloqueio?--- Darwin Ahoy! 11:18, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
É esse #327574
Olá, estou aqui como uma fã em busca de ajuda. Vi que você bloqueou a página do SHINee para evitar vandalismos, e eu agradeço por isso. Só peço-lhe que, por favor, altere o espaço “ex-integrantes” dela, pois, segundo o próprio grupo, Kim Jonghyun sempre será um deles. Portanto, como forma de homenageá-lo, peço que o mantenha como integrante, colocando entre parênteses: (†) ou mesmo (eterno). É muito doloroso para os fãs digitar o nome do grupo no Google e ver como primeiro resultado a página da Wikipedia chamando Jonghyun de ex-integrante como se ele tivesse escolhido sair do grupo, como muitos outros artistas já fizeram em diversas ocasiões. Peço-lhe encarecidamente que analise meu pedido com sensibilidade. Grata, Mandylikemoon (talk) 04:18, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
SVG Translate Community wishlist survey projectEdit
Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
Agradecimento do agradecimento XDEdit
Colega wikipedista DarwIn, queria te agradecer pelo teu agradecimento na página Potências do Eixo, já que se constituiu na minha primeira edição exitosa!!! <3
Aproveito a oportunidade para te fazer um chamado à solidariedade. Meu próximo objetivo são as páginas dos Povos Indígenas do Uruguai, sendo que eu sou pertencente à etnia Charrúa, à Comunidade Charrúa Basquadé Inchalá, e ao Conselho da Nação Charrúa. Tanto as páginas "Charrúa/s", "Chaná/s", "Chaná Timbú/es" e outras tantas, afirmam que somos povos "extintos", e todas as referências são feitas em tempo passado para nossa existência. O qual resulta muito doloroso, somado a falta de reconhecimento por parte do Estado Uruguaio. Ainda que gozamos desse mesmo recohecimento devido, tanto na Argentina quanto no Brasil (contamos com uma comunidade reconhecida na cidade de Porto Alegre, e na Argentina a CODECHA, uma organização federada de várias comunidades na Província de Entre Ríos).
Procuro a cooperação de boa fé de wikipedistas que sejam cientes da nossa existência para vigiar essas edições. Já me aconteceu que elas sejam rápidamente vandalizadas e removidas. Acrecentando essa grande dor que meus irmãos do meu Povo sentimos cada vez que somos negados. Sem considerar toda vez que um aluno do ensino fundamental procura informações sobre nosso Povo na internet, e aparece o artigo da wikipedia reafirmando essa negação, e a representação social da nossa extinção que é tão frequente na sociedade uruguaia.
Se quiser conversar comigo por via interna, recebo e respondo o mais rapidamente possível o que receber na minha conta damiantorko dos serviços de Googl . Também no fb me encontra por damiantorko.
Grande abraço! :D
The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Loves AfricaEdit
You put yourself as contact to organize Wiki Loves Africa 2019 in your country. Please be aware that your country should submit its Rapid Grant request before Nov 15th. When it is done, please add the link on the WLA 2019 page. Thank you ! Anthere (talk)
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018Edit
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.
Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:16, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your supportEdit
Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.
A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.
While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Can you please start to inform people in Portugal who might be interested to join Science Wiki User Group? I will start the campaign to build up the pages in the following days.--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:42, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
- Would you please translate Community Insights/Translation/2019/1-Invitation to program coordinators for me? Portuguese is one of the key languages for this invitation. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 18:02, 27 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Whatamidoing (WMF): Hi! Apparently it was already translated, but some small corrections were needed. I believe it should be OK now. Please see this sentence: "Olá Community Insights/Translation/2019/1-Invitation to program coordinators/pt", it doesn't seem to be right, unless it's supposed to be replaced with something else in the final version?--- Darwin Ahoy! 10:23, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
|Thank you for your help with Community Insights/Translation#Requests for translations. It's really helpful for people to get this information in their language. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:33, 19 September 2019 (UTC)|
Pedido de contacto. Investigação PhDEdit
Boa tarde DarwIn,
Gostaria de entrar em contacto consigo para conversar sobre algumas das páginas que edita e do trabalho que tem desenvolvido na Wikipédia lusófona (entre eles o projeto Guiné-Bissau). Estou a fazer uma investigação etnográfica sobre essas páginas da Wikipédia e a sua colaboração seria muito bem-vinda. Pode contactar-me, caso tenha interesse em colaborar, para o e-mail: email@example.com.
Cumprimentos, Verónica Ferreira
Thanks for your helpEdit
Hi there, translator! Here's a little token of appreciation for a recent effort you contributed to. Surprised? Well, the best is yet to come.
- We'd love to send you this badge as an actual sticker. If you want, you can use this Google Form to communicate your address so we can ship it to you. Note that we will close the form on October 13, 2019, and all data will be removed shortly afterwards. Details about this external site are provided at the top of the form.
- We also have this badge waiting for you on Wikimedia Space. You can use the form linked above to let us know what your username is on this brand new hub, so that you can get the award there as well. If you don't have an account yet, just go ahead and enjoy joining via Wikimedia login in just a few clicks. (And in case you hadn't heard yet, you can join the community of translators there as well).
Again, thanks for everything you are doing to make this movement a better (and multilingual!) place: please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions, and I hope to hear from you soon. --Elitre (WMF), 13:03, 28 September 2019 (UTC)