Who am IEdit
Hi Everyone and welcome to my page! Here are some facts about me -
- My real name is Shani Evenstein Sigalov and I'm from Israel.
- I work as an EdTech Innovation Strategist at the Academic Office of the American Medical Program at Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (TAU). I specialize in the intersection of technology & medical education, and work on updating the way we teach medicine in the 21st century. My work specifically focuses on the program's e-learning strategy, curriculum development, assessment & evaluation, faculty development and the peer tutoring program we run.
- I'm also a lecturer at Tel Aviv University, focusing on teaching Wikipedia & Wikidata in 2 for-credit, elective courses I designed and lead.
- I am currently a PhD candidate at the School of Education at TAU, focusing on Wikidata as a learning platform.
- I have a B.A. in English literature and French Culture (Faculty of Humanities, TAU), and an M.A. in Technology & Learning (School of Education, TAU).
- I'm deeply involved with Project Ben-Yehuda, the Hebrew equivalent of Project Gutenberg, where I serve as a Chief Editor and the Chairperson for the charity that supports the project.
- I'm a certified Yoga teacher, and have been studying (and sometimes teaching) Yoga since 2000.
- I play 5 instruments, mostly piano, which I've studied for 13 years. My 6th instrument is the harp, which I've just started to learn last year.
What I'm doing in the wiki-worldEdit
- After attending Wikimania Haifa, I have joined the Hebrew Wikipedia community and became a member of Wikimedia Israel.
- I'm especially interested in GLAM-Wiki, Wiki in Education and WikiMedicine, as well as anything to do with Wikidata and WikiWomen, focusing on initiatives like Women in Red that target closing the gender gap and other knowledge gaps on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- I've served as WM-IL's National GLAM Projects Coordinator, leading collaborations with the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, the National Library of Israel and the Israeli Cartoon and Caricature Museum (to name a few). Have been a WM-IL board member for about 2 years. On Jan 2014 I resigned both roles to focus on my M.A at TAU. I keep being involved with the chapter and supports GLAM-Wiki & EDU-Wiki initiatives.
- On October 2013 I opened the Wiki-Med course at the Tel-Aviv University. This is a for-credit elective course, the first course of its kind, which gives Med students full academic credit for editing Wikipedia. Thus far, my students wrote about 170 medical-related articles, which have been viewed over 3 million times.
- On October 2015, a new for-credit course focusing on contributing to Wikipedia opened at Tel Aviv University. This one has been available to all undergraduate students on campus and was highly successful as well.
- Served as GLAM-Wiki community liaison, as well as Edu-Wiki adviser, for the organizing team of Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario.
- I'm a Founding member of the Wikipedia Library User Group.
- I am Founding member of the Wikipedia Education Collaborative since its conception in 2014, and during 2017 have initiated and worked towards this group becoming an official affiliate called "The Wikipedia & Education User Group". As of October 2018 I serve as this User Group's Chairperson.
- I've been a board member of the WikiProject Medicine Foundation since January 2017, and as of August 2017 serve as the User Group's chairperson.
- I served as Chair of the Program Committee for the GLAMWiki Conference 2018.
- I've participated in the Strategy Process, both in Phase 1, as a liaison for GLAM, EDU, Libraries, Medicine & CEE groups; and in Phase 2 as a member of the Partnerships Working Group.
Community & CommunicationEdit
If you have any question about GLAM, Education, Medicine, Women or Wikidata, please always feel welcome to drop a line in my talk page or simply send an email to shani wikimedia.org.il.
- Music - almost all genres and forms
- Art - in almost all its forms, specifically Literature, Painting, Architecture, Interior Design, Cinema, Modern Dance and High Fashion.
- Yoga on its various branches - specifically Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Ayurveda, Jyotish, Vastu Shastra and Tantra.
- Holistic medicine, Herbalism, Iridology, Feng Shui.