(Redirected from The Africa Narrative)
The AfroCreatives Wikiproject aims to support and mobilize creatives and professionals from the African cultural and creative industries, as well as African cultural enthusiasts, to contribute and enhance knowledge on Wikipedia about Africa’s creative economy. AfroCreatives is spearheaded by The Africa Narrative (TAN), a non-profit that develops singular, high impact initiatives in support of African cultural and creative industries.
AfroCreatives WikiProject +filmEdit
The inaugural effort of the AfroCreatives WikiProject, launching in July 2022, targets the film sectors of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal with the goal to:
- Build the capacity within the film industry in Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal to contribute knowledge to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- Increase African-generated content about the continent’s film sector on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects through a network of community organizers.
- Generate awareness and interest among the general public on Wikipedia as a source of valuable information on the film industry of Egypt, Nigeria, Rwanda, and Senegal, and Africa more broadly.
- Use this first AfroCreatives WikiProject to learn how best to expand the effort to other countries and into other creative sectors.
Who should join?Edit
- Film Industry Creatives and Professionals. This is a valuable cohort of contributors that brings a high level of knowledge, commitment and interest toward enhancing content and knowledge surrounding the African film sector.
- African cultural and film enthusiasts, including those already contributing to Wikipedia.
- Seasoned Wikipedia Organizers in target countries who can help mobilize existing Wiki contributors and run training sessions and edit-a-thons.