User talk:Ladsgroup/Archive 1

Active discussions
Archive This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.

Help test better mass message delivery

Hi. You're being contacted as you've previously used global message delivery (or its English Wikipedia counterpart). It doesn't feel so great to be spammed, does it? ;-)

For the past few months, Legoktm has built a replacement to the current message delivery system called MassMessage. MassMessage uses a proper user interface form (no more editing a /Spam subpage), works faster (it can complete a large delivery in minutes), and no longer requires being on an access list (any local administrator can use it). In addition, many tiny annoyances with the old system have been addressed. It's a real improvement! :-)

You can test out MassMessage here: testwiki:Special:MassMessage. The biggest difference you'll likely notice is that any input list must use a new {{#target:}} parser function. For example, {{#target:User talk:Jimbo Wales}} or {{#target:User talk:Jimbo Wales|test2.wikipedia.org}}. For detailed instructions, check out mw:Help:Extension:MassMessage.

If you find any bugs, have suggestions for additional features, or have any other feedback, drop a note at m:Talk:MassMessage. Thanks for spamming! --MZMcBride (talk) 05:25, 1 October 2013 (UTC)

Beginning of MassMessage, end of EdwardsBot

Hi. You're being contacted as you're listed as an EdwardsBot user.

MassMessage has been deployed to all Wikimedia wikis. For help using the new tool, please check out its help page or drop a note on Meta-Wiki.

With over 400,000 edits to Wikimedia wikis, EdwardsBot has served us well; however EdwardsBot will no longer perform local or global message delivery after December 31, 2013.

A huge thanks to Legoktm, Reedy, Aaron Schulz and everyone else who helped to get MassMessage deployed. --MZMcBride (talk) 02:36, 22 November 2013 (UTC)

mw:Manual:Pywikibot/Communication

You thanked me for my edit to mw:Manual:Pywikibot/Communication. Have you proofread the text? Any spelling mistakes or something you would change? If not I would mark it for translation. --Pyfisch (talk) 19:28, 26 November 2013 (UTC)

Hi, I admired your work and I liked it so thanked you but I didn't check the text very carefully, I'll do it very soon. Thank you again for doing that Amir (talk) 10:46, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
@Pyfisch: Hi again, I changed it a little and I think It's okay to mark it for translation Amir (talk) 13:08, 28 November 2013 (UTC)

Pywikibot Tasks for Google Code-in

Hello Ladsgroup! GCI student here. When you have time, could you please add more Pywikibot tasks for GCI students to complete? These tasks are a really great way to get students involved in the project. Thank you! Guoguo12 (talk) 20:51, 2 December 2013 (UTC)

Hello, I just sent an e-mail to the mentors and suggest them some tasks (and ways of finding new tasks) and if they agree, they'll add them. Best Amir (talk) 16:55, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
Wonderful! Thank you for your help! Guoguo12 (talk) 21:48, 3 December 2013 (UTC)

User:Dexbot

Good evening!
Today I noticed a disconcerting edit of Dexbot, so I am bringing it to your attention. This edit of the article q:bg:Емил Чоран on Bulgarian Wikiquote removes the aphorism beginning with « Болестта е модусът ».

But more surprisingly, the edit added three aphorisms (beginning with « Ако нямах », « Жените се държат », « Човек забравя болката ») to the article! I checked whether the bot moved them from the article about Émil Cioran in the Bulgarian Wikipedia, which was not the case. Therefore, could you please notify me of the reason for the removal of the aforementioned aphorism as well as of the circumstances about the peculiar addition of the last three aphorisms? Bogorm (talk) 16:31, 27 May 2014 (UTC)

Hello, I checked history of the page and there is nothing my bot done except this edit which seems okay to me. Amir (talk) 08:11, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
I am sorry. It seems that I have looked a diff combining several edits. It turns out that the author of the disconcerting edit is the præcedent editor, prior to Dexbot's edit. Bogorm (talk) 16:16, 28 May 2014 (UTC)

Greetings

Thank you for signing up on the talk page of WikiLGBT and for being a supporter of it reaching Usergroup status. Feel free to contact me at dhoward@metro.org if you have any questions about our discussion at WikiConference USA about applying for Usergroup status, let me know! Cheers, OR drohowa (talk) 14:36, 2 June 2014 (UTC)

That's my pleasure to do something in order to make WMF projects a better place (by making it more safe for LGBT people or improving LGBT-related content that would affect people in real world, prejudice is from ignorance), I just sent you an e-mail. Amir (talk) 15:42, 2 June 2014 (UTC)

Welcome to the Global Renamers group

You are now able to rename SUL accounts. Please do so wisely. Should you have any questions, please let us know. Keep a clear log of the requests both in the action summary (preferably including a [[Special:Diff/...]] link) and on SRUC. Savhñ 13:08, 8 September 2014 (UTC)

Thank you so much, I'll do my best Amir (talk) 13:39, 8 September 2014 (UTC)

Mailing list for global renamers

Dear global renamer,

We have created a mailing list for us to allow easy communication. Please subscribe here and send me or Trijnstel an email to confirm it is you requesting it. Additionally, you might be interested to know of the existance of the #wikimedia-renameconnect IRC channel where you are welcome to join. Should you have any questions, feel free to use my talk page.

Cordially, Savhñ 15:07, 26 September 2014 (UTC)

تغییر نام کاربری

درود بر امیر عزیز و پوزش به‌خاطر نوشتن فارسی :/ دوست عزیز بنده درخواست تغییر نام کاربری به صورت سراسری از نام کاربری فعلی به میثم دادم اینجا و زحمت این کار را در ویکی‌فا شما کشیدید اما هم اکنون درخواست بنده با توجه به آمار ویرایشی در ویکی‌فا برای سراسری کردن نام کاربری پذیرفته نمی‌شود اگر امکان دارد محبت کنید و نام کاربری میثم را برای بنده سراسری بفرمایید بی‌نهایت سپاسگزارم :) ارادتمند--Meysam.ebrahimi (talk) 18:07, 13 November 2014 (UTC)

درود. از اینجایی که این قضیه کمی پیچیده است باید مفصلا توضیح دهم: شما باید با تک تک حساب‌هایی که در اینجا اسمشان آمده لاگین کنید (اگر این حساب‌ها متعلق به شماست) و کانفیرم کنید که می خواهید حساب Meysam.ebrahimi به این حساب منتقل شود. بعد از آن باید یک استوارد بیاید تمام این حساب‌ها را به Meysam.ebrahimi منتقل (و حساب مقصد را غصب کند) و بعد از آنکه خالی شد می‌توان از طریق یک گلوبال رینیمر (مثلا من) به حالت قبلی برگرداند. از طرفی حساب Meysam.ebrahimi کلا ۴۱ ویرایش بیشتر ندارد و به نظرم اینکه بخواهید انقدر زحمت بکشید نمی‌ارزد. اگر می‌خواهید حسابتان سراسری شود کافی است که با حساب Meysam لاگین کنید (در تک تک آن ویکی‌ها). پسوردهایش را یکی کنید و سپس در ترجیحات اتصال همه حساب‌های کاربری را بزنید و دیگر با حساب Meysam.ebrahimi کاری نداشته باشید. Amir (talk) 07:27, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
بی‌نهایت سپاسگزارم بابت توضیحات، این کار را انجام دادم چنین پیامی داد :/
یکی کردن حساب‌ها کامل نشد!
نام حساب کاربری Meysam را در وب‌گاه‌های زیر نمی‌توان به طور خودکار متعلق به شما دانست؛ به احتمال زیاد گذرواژهٔ آنها با حساب کاربری اصلی شما متفاوت است:
  • af.wikipedia.org
  • en.wikipedia.org
  • fa.wikiquote.org
  • meta.wikimedia.org
  • wikimania2008.wikimedia.org
چگونه می‌توانم کلمه عبور را تغییر دهم هنگامی که نمی‌توانم وارد شوم؟ :(--Meysam.ebrahimi (talk) 18:59, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
از طریق گزینه فراموشی پسورد آن را ریست کرده و تغییر دهید (اگر به ای-میلش دسترسی دارید). اگر نشد از این فهرست فقط ویکی‌پدیای انگلیسی مهم است چون در ان ۳۱ ویرایش انجام شده بقیه را می توان غصب کرد. Amir (talk) 19:41, 14 November 2014 (UTC)

Global user page migration

Hello Amir. Synchbot deleted your local user pages on all wikis as requested. You can see the full log on your archive page. :) —Pathoschild 06:56, 21 February 2015 (UTC)

Thank you very much Amir (talk) 10:26, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Dexbot's user pages were deleted too; see the log on your archive page. :) —Pathoschild 05:17, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
ThanksAmir (talk) 05:20, 25 February 2015 (UTC)

Ping to frrwiki

Please visit w:frr:Vorlage_Diskussion:Link_GA Thank you --Murma174 (talk) 13:58, 7 March 2015 (UTC)

Sure. the bot is working Amir (talk) 14:22, 7 March 2015 (UTC)

Dexbot

Your RfC at scowiki about Dexbot has been closed as successful. --AmaryllisGardener talk 18:28, 7 March 2015 (UTC)

Thanks, I started the bot. Amir (talk) 19:37, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Can you start up the bot again? There are still pages with the template and I don't want to delete it until they're gone. Thanks, --AmaryllisGardener talk 21:45, 24 March 2015 (UTC)
Sure, It seems I forgot to run the bot in sco wiki for Link GA template. Sorry Amir (talk) 04:01, 25 March 2015 (UTC)

سلام

درود بر شما دوست عزیز آمیر! ببخشید بنده مزاحم تان میشوم ، میخواستم که یک لطف اگر بکنید زبان بلوچی رو حمایت کنید و در پروژه تست ما بعضی مقالات رو همرای ربات اگرایجاد کنید، ممنون تا هستم.--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 03:17, 16 March 2015 (UTC)

درود. متاسفانه درگیر پروژه‌های زیادی هستم و وقت ندارم. در صورتی که وقت کردم (احتمالا چند ماه دیگر) چشم. لطفا ژوئن دوباره یادم بیندازید Amir (talk) 15:05, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
دوست عزیز تشکر از حمایتان،دست تان درد نکنه، موفق باشید--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 15:51, 14 October 2015 (UTC)

Wikidata

not related pages Help related articles. You have already done this. Thank you --Дагиров Умар (talk) 08:28, 17 April 2015 (UTC)

Hey, Can you explain more, I can't understand what should I do Amir (talk) 08:52, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
transfer the interwiki. as here. --Дагиров Умар (talk) 09:04, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
removing existed iw links in Wikidata. --Дагиров Умар (talk) 09:30, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
It's working Amir (talk) 17:49, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
Thank you very much. --Дагиров Умар (talk) 18:57, 17 April 2015 (UTC)

Rename request of a fa.wiki user

Hi Ladsgroup. Since you speak Farsi, can you please look at this request if no one else does in the mean time? Thanks! With regards, Trijnsteltalk 16:04, 10 July 2015 (UTC)

Hey, Done, Sorry I should check the queue more often. Amir (talk) 16:11, 10 July 2015 (UTC)

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)

hi,

Plz rename my user name from عارفه منجم to AnnaFreud.

Best wished

Last call for WMF grants feedback!

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)

Rename to an inappropriate username

Hi Ladsgroup. I noticed that you renamed "IvanB85" to "Christenburyeyecenter", which is an inappropriate username according to the English Wikipedia username policy. I just wanted to inform you about that policy in case you didn't know about it. I have left a note on the editor's enwiki talk page informing them of the issue. Cheers,
--I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 17:09, 25 September 2015 (UTC)

Hey, I'm aware of that policy but since there was no space in "Christenburyeyecenter" I didn't read it carefully and realize it doesn't comply with WP:UNP. Sorry. Won't happen again. Amir (talk) 17:16, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
That's alright, it's easy to make mistakes like that. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 17:20, 25 September 2015 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Query for status update

What ever happened to this Wikimedia LGBT/It Gets Better project?

-- Cirt (talk) 08:19, 6 October 2015 (UTC)

Hey, It stalled since no one showed interest Amir (talk) 14:24, 6 October 2015 (UTC)

Movement Wide Finance Report 2014

Dear Amir,

I’m Alex, currently a finance fellow (i.e intern) at the Wikimedia Foundation. I worked before for Wikimedia France, planning the Hackathon Lyon 2015 where we met before. I hope you're doing fine! I'm today contacting you because of your activity for Wikimedia Persian User Group.

Last year, Finance Fellows produced a financial report that included financial activity from every chapters. It was great and has been presented at the Wikimania in Mexico.

If you haven’t seen the results of the Report 2013, here they are: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapter-wide_Financial_Trends_Report_2013

We’re currently starting the Report 2014 and this year we also want to include user groups to improve the scope of our work. I want to tell you that I’ve tried to make the process as short and easy as possible, so that shouldn’t require a lot of your time.

The aim of such a report is global. It helps having an idea of how the money is used across the movement, it helps chapters and user groups to learn about best practice and finally it leads to more transparency through a qualitative work, which I believe is important.

Could you briefly tell me if you had any income and expenses in 2014? If you are not the person responsible for this, please tell me who is the user the most likely to know this information.

I’ll be your contact for this project this year, I’m looking forward to working with you!

Cheers, ACella (WMF) (talk) 21:56, 6 October 2015 (UTC)

Hey Alex! Happy to meet you. I hope you're well. Due to sanctions we didn't have any budgets coming from WMF but we did a fundraising to build a free and open source font for Persian (so we can use it in Persian projects such Persian Wikipedia) this is website of the fundraising. Designers usually ask about $10,000 to design a font (this designer is one of the giants for Persian) but he agreed to be paid ~$3,000 instead when he heard we want to use this in Persian Wikipedia. We did a fundraising (without using WMF properties such as site notice since it may violate sanctions) and we had it in 10 days. Now he is working on it (he has been for six months) and it will be ready in two or three months. Progress reports have been in the website. Also exact numbers are:

  • Goal of the campaign: 100,000,000 IRR
  • Amount gathered through fundraising: 124,421,420 IRR (124%)
  • Number of donors: 597 (Ave. 208,411 IRR ~$6)

If you want to know anything more, please do ask :) Amir (talk) 10:33, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

Harassment workshop

Greetings! You are receiving this message because, at some point in the past, you have participated in a discussion around the topic of harassment. The Support and Safety team is holding a series of consultations gathering feedback on the best potential solutions to the problem. The next stage is a workshop where we hope to narrow the focus to individual actionable ideas and explore how to bring some of these ideas to life.

Best regards, the Support and Safety team via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:35, 17 February 2016 (UTC)

Re: wmf:Special:Log/block

You should have supported me at Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_reports#Concrete_usefulness to have better data. ;-) Too bad I'm always one year ahead of everyone else! ;-D Nemo 21:04, 21 February 2016 (UTC)

:P I think quarterly review was good enough one year ago but now we need weekly meetings to keep up with the speed Amir (talk) 11:31, 22 February 2016 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Merchandise Giveaway Nomination Notification

Hi Ladsgroup/Archive 1

You were previously nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_giveaways). Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!

Please email us at merchandise@wikimedia.org and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.

Thanks! Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 04:02, 16 March 2016 (UTC)

Survey on content curation & review Inspire Campaign

Thanks for your participation in IdeaLab during the Inspire Campaign focused on improving content curation & review processes from February to March 2016. I'm interested in hearing your feedback about your participation during campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.

Immediate results of the campaign can be found here. Please feel free to review them and let me know if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 02:31, 26 May 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out instructions)

Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)


BOT for Sindhi Wikipedia and Khuwar Wikipedia

Hi dear, I am software developer , but don't know how to develop a Wikipedia:Bot, Robot or Bot for Sindhi Wikipedia, could you please help me to make it possible or could you please share with me a code of bot or make one for Sindhi Wikipedia. and also make same for Khuwar Wikipedia Expecting a positive and dignified role from you. Thanks Jogi don (talk) 07:55, 4 August 2016 (UTC)

Hey, please read mw:Pywikibot. It has a very detailed documentation on how to run a bot. Amir (talk) 11:42, 6 August 2016 (UTC)

ORES

Hi, I am a user from Chinese wikipedia. I find ORES works well at enwiki and wikidata, so I am interested in enable it on my homewiki. What should I do? Can you give me some advice? Thanks in advanced.--Stang 14:23, 14 September 2016 (UTC)

Hi Stang! I've reviewed the status of our support for zhwiki, it looks like we still need some language assets. Specifically, we need a set of examples of "badwords" and "informals". I've created a task for us to work on this. It looks like we've had someone take a pass on the generated lists already, but a lot of "words" made it into the badwords list that might not belong (e.g. "app" and "benjamin") and there's no list of "informals". Could you review that list and help us clean & extend it? See the english lists for examples of words that fall into "badwords" and "informals". See also our documentation about how these pages are generated and what we need you to do: Objective Revision Evaluation Service/BWDS review. --EpochFail (talk) 17:24, 14 September 2016 (UTC)

Stuck on Global Rename

Hello, Amir. I recently changed my username using the global rename tool, but it is stuck on Commons. It seems a solution was found on this Phabricator thread, and I was wondering if you could run the fixStuckGlobalRename.php script to help me resolve this issue? 31.220.4.5 10:39, 1 October 2016 (UTC)

Hey, I ran it on the server but it seems it's not the issue. Probably something else involved. Please create a phab card for your rename and mention "mwscript extensions/CentralAuth/maintenance/fixStuckGlobalRename.php --wiki=commonswiki --logwiki=metawiki Gautehuus Neuraxıs" on terbium didn't solve it. Thanks Amir (talk) 11:09, 1 October 2016 (UTC)


درخواست برای تغییر نام کاربری

با درود خدمت کاربر ارشد محترم، احتراما به استحضار می رساند با توجه به اختلاف نظر جدی به وجود آمده بین بنده و کاربران ارشد ویکی پدیای فارسی قصد ترک این دانشنامه را دارم. لذا در ابتدا خواهشمندم در صورت امکان حساب کاربری بنده را به صورت کامل حذف کرده (به صورتی این نامه کاربری به طور کامل از ویکی حذف گردد). اما اگر در صورتی که حذف کامل این نام کاربری برای حضرت عالی مقدور نیست، با توجه به آن که نام کاربری اینجانب نام حقیقی بنده است و از آنجا که تمایل ندارم این موضوع مورد سوء استفاده برخی از اعضای این دانشنامه قرار گیرد، خواهشمند است این نام را به نام کاربری زیر تغییر دهید اینجانب متعهد خواهم شد که تحت هیچ شرایطی و در هیچ زمان دیگری با این کاربر یا نام کاربری دیگری اقدام به اصلاح یا اضافه نمودن مقاله ای در این دانشنامه نخواهم نمود با سپاس

نام کاربری پیشنهادی

  • mahyare
  • me123
  • mah123
  • mahest

منتقل شد. Amir (talk) 23:04, 13 November 2016 (UTC)

از حسن توجه شما کمال سپاسگزاری را دارمMahest

2016 Community Wishlist Survey

Hi,

You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.

The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)

No renaming between November 20 and November 27

Hi,

You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.

We ask that you do not rename anyone between 00:00 November 20 (UTC) and 00:00 November 27 (UTC).

(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)

Phabricator task.

If there are any problems related to this, or you have any questions, please write me on my talk page. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:42, 17 November 2016 (UTC)

Username changes

Hello Amir, sorry for sent many time about this request, but if you can deal and close it (it's since 18 March), and as I wrote about that the user used Persian letter (ی) but the exist one use Arabic one (ي)! Thanks--Alaa :)..! 21:57, 24 March 2017 (UTC)

The worker's barnstar

Worker's barnstar. A barnstar awarded to Ladsgroup for exceptional effort is presented.

Hey dude. You really came through today on cleaning up jobqueue problems during the CODFW switchover while I'm sure you'd rather be sleeping. Few will know of the importance of your work and the trouble that you have saved them. You deserve this. --EpochFail (talk) 20:10, 19 April 2017 (UTC)

User:EpochFail It has been a blessed working with you. If I do anything right, that's probably because you thought me. I'm truly honored to have a role model like you. Amir (talk) 10:14, 20 April 2017 (UTC)

Emoji usernames? You are kidding me

Where has the community decided that we are now having emojis as user names? Can you please point me to the conversation with the community or indicate to me that a discussion was held among global renamers. That seems to be a pretty poor idea. Tell me how any normal person can identify that emoji specifically, or type it into something like Special:CentralAuth; or how it works out of a mobile environment. I ask that you take this matter to global renamers for review. (bridge too far!)  — billinghurst sDrewth 10:38, 26 April 2017 (UTC)

Hey, I'm asking the other way around. Things are allowed unless there is a restriction by policy (It's not Iran ;). Please show me the discussion that says we shouldn't and can't do it. Let's continue the discussion in the mailing list. Amir (talk) 10:42, 26 April 2017 (UTC)

We're on Twitter!

WikiLGBT is on Twitter!
Hello Ladsgroup!
Follow the Wikimedia LGBT user group on Twitter at @wikilgbt for news, photos, and other topics of interest to LGBT Wikipedans and allies. Use #wikiLGBT to share any Wiki Loves Pride stuff that you would like to share (whether this month or any day of the year) or to alert folks to things that the LGBT Wikipedan community should know. RachelWex (talk)

RachelWex (talk) 23:46, 10 June 2017 (UTC)

Your Dexbot in German Wiktionary

Hi Ladsgroup,

your Dexbot needs the local bot flag in German Wiktionary, please stop the bot on German Wiktionary and request the local bot flag on wikt:de:Wiktionary:Bots/Anträge auf Botflag.

Because your bot was flooding the abuse filter log, I was unfortunately forced to block the bot temporarily.

Greetings from Austria --Udo T. (talk) 13:03, 29 June 2017 (UTC)

Hey, I stopped the bot in German Wiktionary, I have global bot flag to for this stuff, isn't it enough? Amir (talk) 13:14, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
Hi Ladsgroup, thank you for stopping. I have unblocked your bot now. The German Wiktionary is not in the Wiki group for global bots. There are 13 other Wiktionarys where you need local bot flag. That is why your bot needs the local bot flag for the German Wiktionary (and the 13 others). --Udo T. (talk) 13:24, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
Additional info: the other 13 Wiktionarys are: en, fr, he, hi, hr, is, it, ja, li, mr, pl, ro and ru. --Udo T. (talk) 13:27, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
Thanks, I will exclude the bot from cleaning up these wikis and get to them later on. Amir (talk) 13:29, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
Ok, many thanks also to you for your support with the Wikidata migration. I am (very) sure, you will become the local bot flag in German Wiktionary without any problems. Greetings --Udo T. (talk) 13:34, 29 June 2017 (UTC)

Hi Ladsgroup/Amir, to make it easier, I've now requested the local bot flag for your bot in German Wiktionary, see wikt:de:Wiktionary:Bots/Anträge auf Botflag#Dexbot. The vote will take about 7 days. Greetings from Austria --Udo T. (talk) 17:14, 29 June 2017 (UTC)

Hi Ladsgroup/Amir, our bureaucrat has now granted the local bot flag to your bot Dexbot, so you can now run the bot in German Wiktionary. Because you are a trustworthy user and experienced bot-operator, the seven days could be shortened "somewhat"... ;o) Greetings --Udo T. (talk) 18:21, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
Oh, Thanks! Amir (talk) 08:14, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
  • Just like at German Wiktionary, you need a local bot flag at English Wiktionary. Currently, your number of edits has been low enough to get away with it, but if you do another run, you're likely to be blocked as an unofficial bot. If you want to get a local bot flag at en.wiktionary, please tell me here. Metaknowledge (talk) 17:26, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
    Hey, this is not much edits, see User:Quiddity (WMF)/MassMessage fixes. Amir (talk) 18:12, 3 September 2017 (UTC)

DexBot on NO:WP

Thanks for taking care of missing section for references in a bot-delivered thread at users talk-pages on no:wp. Best regards Migrant (talk) 15:11, 2 September 2017 (UTC)

You are very welcome, Thank you for your contributions :) Amir (talk) 00:09, 3 September 2017 (UTC)

Old Message

Your bot sent me an old message. Is that a mistake? See here: difflink Dein Bot sandte mir eine veraltete Botschaft. Ist da ein Fehler passiert? Ich werde zu einer Umfrage eingeladen, die seit einem halben Jahr geschlossen ist. Zabia (talk) 17:53, 3 September 2017 (UTC)

Hey, please see User:Quiddity (WMF)/MassMessage fixes. Amir (talk) 18:12, 3 September 2017 (UTC)

Caused LintErrors all over the place

Hi Ladsgroup, looks like your bot made page creations on LOTS of projects that include Special:LintErrors, for example on w:kbd:User:Doc_James/Open_Textbook_of_Medicine, specifically by creating pages with this type of invalid code: <div style="height: 0.5em;"/>. Do you have options to go back and fix it all? — xaosflux Talk 03:44, 22 October 2017 (UTC)

Note, this was not recently but it is widespread. — xaosflux Talk 03:45, 22 October 2017 (UTC)
Hey, Thanks for telling me, I just copied the text someone gave to me. I will fix it soon. Is it okay if I do it a little bit later? Right now, my plate is full :( Amir (talk) 11:03, 22 October 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for the reply, no real "rush" on it, I don't really agree that all these pages should have been made in the first place - but now that they are getting them of the cleanup list is still helpful. Whenever you get a plan for it should be fine. Best regards, — xaosflux Talk 14:52, 22 October 2017 (UTC)
User:Xaosflux, All are cleaned up, let me know if something left. Amir (talk) 18:42, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
Thank you, — xaosflux Talk 19:13, 4 November 2017 (UTC)

Getting started on Phabricator

Greetings, ambassador!

As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.

For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 15:01, 16 January 2018 (UTC)

Global preferences ready for testing

Greetings,

I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.

  1. Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
  2. Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
  3. Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
  4. Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
  5. Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations

Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 22:46, 26 February 2018 (UTC)

Template Wizard script available for testing

Hello. I'm contacting you because you voted for the Infobox Wizard in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.

The Infobox Wizard has gotten an upgrade - it's now a Template Wizard which works for infoboxes and all other templates. The feature is being developed as an extension (which will allow for localization) but there is a prototype user script which works well.

The Wishlist Team would love it if you could take a few minutes to try the Template Wizard prototype script out and give us feedback on whether it lives up to your expectations. This feedback will help build the script into an extension. To get started, add the following to your Special:MyPage/common.js -

mw.loader.load( 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Samwilson/TemplateWizard.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript' );

The Template Wizard will show up as a puzzle-piece icon in the 2010 WikiEditor. You can click on the icon to insert a template. Your thoughts are needed on whether it makes sense for the wizard to be available for all users by default or if there should be a preference for it. If it's a preference, what should the default be? Please leave your feedback here. Thank you! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 22:41, 28 March 2018 (UTC)

Commond deletion bot requirements

I'm contacting you because you supported the Commons Deletion Bot proposal in the 2017 Community Wishlist. The Wishlist team has finalized the draft specifications for how the bot will work, and are seeking review in confirming or discussing the plans for the bot. If you have some time, please take a look and leave a comment. Thanks, happy editing to you. - Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:06, 12 April 2018 (UTC)

Please, drop your idea to just have one Balochi Wikipedia, but support having three

by claims like "they're same as they use same scripts", you can therefore mislead to say "Chinese is same as Japanese and Korean" which is really extremely wrong, and likely "Russian is same as Bulgarian" which is also extremely wrong, and especially "Spanish is same as Portuguese" which is damnly wrong! There are a serial of languages that are using same script, but you really can't say that they're same, which is I believe that Balochi meets. --125.36.185.230 01:56, 31 July 2018 (UTC)

Commons deletion notification bot

Greetings,

You are receiving this message because you supported the Commons deletion notification bot in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.

Commons deletion notification bot is ready to be deployed to any Wikimedia wiki that wishes to use it. If your community is interested in the bot, you can leave a request on the project page on meta-wiki. The bot messages are available for translation on translatewiki.net, as part of preparing the bot for release.

Thank you for your participation in the Wishlist. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:29, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project

Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

The Community Wishlist Survey

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

Dexbot wikinews

Hi @Ladsgroup:, on the de, en, es, fr, it and nl wikinews pages there are a lot of old interwiki links to each other without using the wikidata possibility. Is this something that your Dexbot can fix? I can save a lot of manual editing/merging items on wikidata. Here is an example of two news items that should be linked:

https://fr.wikinews.org/wiki/Trois_cas_de_dengue_ont_%C3%A9t%C3%A9_d%C3%A9tect%C3%A9s_sur_l%27%C3%AEle_de_P%C3%A2ques

https://es.wikinews.org/wiki/Se_detectan_tres_casos_de_dengue_en_Isla_de_Pascua

Both have their own wikidata id (Q17970482 and Q18622273) and to make it some extra special, old pages on some wikinews are set read-only. Thanks for you attention and I would like to hear your thoughts about this. Huhbakker (talk) 12:48, 30 December 2018 (UTC)

User:Huhbakker Hey, I tried to remove those and my got blocked because the local policy was to use old interwiki system which is really strange to me to be honest. That was several years ago. I hope we can change their minds and then I can move forward. The protected pages issue is also another challenge that can be overcome with temporally admin access. Do you want to make a post in those wikis and ask for consensus before we move forward? Thank you in advance! --Amir (talk) 16:35, 2 January 2019 (UTC)

URGENT: Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information now

This is a reminder to acknowledge and sign the new Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information. As you know, your volunteer role in Wikimedia projects gives you access to secure and sensitive information.

The new version includes one major change.

  • There is a change regarding the way personal data may be released. Accordingly, functionaries must notify the Wikimedia Foundation at check-disclosure wikimedia.org before releasing data, in order to obtain a written approval for doing so. The Foundation will respond within 10 days. However, for emergencies, such as cases involving threats of violence, functionaries may release the personal data without such explicit permission, but they should notify the Foundation immediately following the disclosure. If they choose not to disclose the data, the request for disclosure should be forwarded to the Foundation's emergency email address (emergency wikimedia.org).

There are also some wording changes that were made to more closely align the language with evolving industry norms, best practices and laws. The most notable of these has been the change of the term "nonpublic information" to "nonpublic personal data". None of these changes are intended to make fundamental changes to the scope or practice of the policy but we know they could appear as such, hence wanted to flag them.

The aforementioned changes require users that have already signed the previous version of the policy to sign the new version as well.

We therefore ask that you to sign the updated version. Signing the agreement is tracked on Phabricator's Legalpad. An online guide is available to help you with signing the agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign. If you wish you can sign it directly at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/L37. The exact policy is located here: Access to nonpublic personal data policy. The text of the confidentiality agreement is located here: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information

If you have already received this message and signed the updated agreement, you need not sign it again. Once is sufficient. In this case, we ask that you respond to Samuel (WMF) letting him know when (date) and how (method/process of signing) you have signed it so that we can update our own records.

Note: please bear in mind that if you still haven’t signed the updated version of the Confidentiality Agreement by February 13, 2019 your rights will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding,

Samuel Guebo (User:Samuel (WMF)), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery - 15:15, 11 January 2019 (UTC)

The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support

Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.

A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.

While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)

User script to access other watchlists

Hi Ladsgroup,

If you remember, you participated in the 2019 Community Wishlist Survey, including the discussion for reviving "Crosswatch" to allow for cross-wiki watchlists (Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Watchlists/Revive Crosswatch tool).

I sent you this MassMessage because I wanted to let you know that I have made a user script to make accessing your watchlists on different wikis easier, since for now that wishlist item has not been actioned.

The way it works is that, on any wiki, when you look at your watchlist, there is a button labeled "CA" that takes you to the CentralAuth page for you. There, when looking at your own information, each link to a wiki ("meta.wikimedia.org", "www.wikidata.org", "de.wikipedia.org", etc.) is changed so that it links to your watchlist on that wiki.

If you are interested in using it, just add mw.loader.load('//meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:DannyS712/Watchlist.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript'); to your global javascript page. This imports the code at m:User:DannyS712/Watchlist.js.

If you want to learn more, there is documentation for the script available at w:en:User:DannyS712/Watchlist. If you would like to discuss the script, talk to me at m:User talk:DannyS712.

Thanks, --05:50, 6 June 2019 (UTC)

Dexbot@es.wikibooks

Good day Ladsgroup. I am sorry to inform you that due to b:es:User:Dexbot being inactive for more than one year its bot flag has been removed pursuant local policy. Thank you very much for your help and contributions. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 19:53, 20 July 2019 (UTC)

URLShortener related

Hi Amir, it was nice to listen to your presentation about shortener on Wikimania, I'm now promoting it everywhere (it is twice as useful for Cyrillic languages, you know)   I was wondering if you know about this link: http://enwp.org Is it someone's personal creation or is it a part of general trend? Thanks, and sorry, if I'm asking the wrong person ) --Ата (talk) 10:32, 31 August 2019 (UTC)

User:Ата. Hey, I'm happy to hear it's being used \o/ I don't know about enwp.org and how it's operated though. Sorry. Amir (talk) 21:10, 2 September 2019 (UTC)

Watchlist Expiry project page

Hello,

During the Community Whishlist survey 2019, you have voted for the Watchlist item Expiration wish.

Community Tech has created the Watchlist Expiry project page to work on this feature, and is looking for your feedback about the open questions they have.

Regards, IFried_(WMF), 15:51, 25 September 2019 (UTC)

Maintenance bot request

Hi. I was hoping you would be willing to add the following rule to maintenance bot on phabricator:

Thanks so much, --DannyS712 (talk) 22:31, 27 October 2019 (UTC)

Its working - thanks so much. I was wondering, is the source code for this public? Thanks again, --DannyS712 (talk) 23:15, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
You are very welcome. I should publish it, I just need to polish a bit (and remove tokens) then I will publish it. Amir (talk) 10:30, 28 October 2019 (UTC)

بهم ریختگی کدهای Extension:SyntaxHighlight در ویرایشگر دیداری

جناب مهندس امیر با سلام و احترام: سوال من اینگونه است:

وارد قسمت ویرایشگر دیداری که میشوید و مثلا کد html را در چند خط به وسیله افزونه SyntaxHighlight درج میکنید آن کدها رابصورت رنگی نشان میدهد. پس از ذخیره مقاله همه چیز را خوب نشان میدهد ولی برای ادیت صفحه به وسیله ویرایشگر دیداری که ادیت میکنید، آن کدها را در یک خط پشت سر هم نشان میدهد و قابلیت ویرایشش نیز از بین میرود. البته در حالت خواندن مقاله باز همه کدها را در جند خط بصورت مرتب نشان میدهد ولی در ادیت خیر. لطفا راهنمایی میفرمایید پیشتر از راهنمایی شما متشکرمSokote zaman (talk) 10:58, 1 November 2019 (UTC)


Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics

Hello, Ladsgroup! We've added Events to IdeaLab, and you're invited :)

Upcoming events focus on turning ideas into Individual Engagement Grant proposals before the March 31 deadline. Need help or have questions about IEG? Join us at a Hangout:

  • Thursday, 13 March 2014, 1600 UTC
  • Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 1700 UTC
  • Saturday, 29 March 2014, 1700 UTC

Hope to see you there!

This message was delivered automatically to IEG and IdeaLab participants. To unsubscribe from any future IEG reminders, remove your name from this list

Wiki Loves Pride

You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!

  • What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
  • When? June 2015
  • How can you help?
    1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
    2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
    3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)

Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!

If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.


Thanks, and happy editing!

User:Another Believer and User:OR drohowa

Change username

hi,

Plz rename my user name from عارفه منجم to Anna.Freud.

Best wishes

Tech ambassadors, "take two"

Hello tech ambassador! This month has seen a good influx of new faces in this crew \o/ , so it is time to reactivate our conversations. Now that we have a pretty good coverage of so many different projects, here are some topics for your consideration.

  1. Are there further thoughts on the role itself? I hope the questions available on Meta can help spark them. Please weigh in at Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#Tech ambassadors, take 2.
  2. How about we try and organise future collective work in a Phabricator workboard? Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#A Phab workboard for us? has all the details to explore this proposal.
  3. Finally, you are also welcome to comment at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177923, should you happen to have suggestions for the Community Liaisons team, currently wondering how to measure "Wiki projects requesting beta features and other early deployments".

We hope to be able to host a live discussion in early 2018; until then, we're looking forward to hearing from you on Meta! All the best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the Community Liaisons

Link to GitHub

Can you add the GitHub link and a little documentation to the top of the User:Ladsgroup/CheckUserHelper.js (and obviously, on GitHub too)?Huji (talk) 15:25, 10 April 2020 (UTC)

Sure Amir (talk) 15:31, 10 April 2020 (UTC)
Done. Amir (talk) 20:54, 15 April 2020 (UTC)

Jitsi

Hi! I would like to help with jitsi. Please add me as ticket master and also let me know if you need any help with this. Thanks for creating!

Hey, I just sent an email to you! Amir (talk) 20:54, 25 April 2020 (UTC)

Jitsi (ticketmaster)

Hi! I would like to help as ticketmaster, specially with our spanish speaking community :). And anything i can be of help, of course! You can write me at mauricio[at]wikimedia.org.ar Cheers!Mauricio V. Genta (talk) 23:52, 25 April 2020 (UTC)

Just sent you an email. Amir (talk) 13:43, 26 April 2020 (UTC)

Wikimedia meet - ticket master

Hi, I would be glad to be of help as a ticketmaster for Wikimedia Meet, if you're still looking for volunteers. :) Stay safe -- Kaartic correct me, if i'm wrong 14:30, 26 April 2020 (UTC)

i would like to test wikimeet. my i ask you for a token?

many thanks. (WikiDienstag.ch, #Sprint27 Sms2sms (talk) 07:08, 27 April 2020 (UTC)

Get Token or be a token master

Hey Amir, I was trying to explore the Wikimedia meet. I would be happy to be Tokenmaster and support the Odia Wiki community and other language community members in India. Let me know, thanks -13:43, 27 April 2020 (UTC)

ticketmaster

Hi Ladsgroup, I would like to help our community organize online meets here. Please add me as a ticketmaster. Regards, -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 03:35, 5 May 2020 (UTC)

Hey, I sent you an email. Amir (talk) 10:46, 5 May 2020 (UTC)

Token for Wikiproject Covid-19 calls

Hello Amir,

We have regular meetings in the Wikiproject Covid-19 on Wikidata (https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_COVID-19/Project_meeting)

The Wikimedia Meet is a nice option, but ideally, the meeting would be open for anyone interested in particpating, even if they are new to Wikimedia.

1 - May I have a token? 2 - Is it possible to have open meetings for people external to Wikimedia?

Thanks!

TiagoLubiana (talk) 20:43, 13 May 2020 (UTC)

Hey, I just sent you a token over email. Best Amir (talk) 00:57, 14 May 2020 (UTC)
Thank you. I had a little problem with my password manager and I cannot login. And there is no way to reset it or any "I forgot my password" systems. Would you be able to help me fix it? Thanks! (I set my username there the same as here, TiagoLubiana). TiagoLubiana (talk) 01:50, 16 May 2020 (UTC)

Wikimedia Meet

  1. Please can I have a token for Wikimedia Meet?
  2. If you still need more ticketmasters, I'm happy to help out (I'm UK based, so can cover UTC & adjacent timezones especially)

-- Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 15:34, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

User:Pigsonthewing. Hey I just sent you an email. Amir (talk) 21:44, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

Two things

Android and suggested edits

I never properly got back to you for the feedback for Android and suggested edits. I've discussed this in meetings with the Android team, and also wrote a short general introduction at mw:User:Johan (WMF)/Suggest edits issues – there's been more details mentioned in meetings, of course, but if you think anything major is missing there, please let me know. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 20:37, 25 June 2020 (UTC)

User:Johan (WMF). Thanks for writing that up. I can add that the problem is not that Wikidata has a very few patrollers. Its multi-lingual nature makes patrolling really hard. I can't patrol Japanese description edits and if I could, it would be rather hard to find a place to see them all together. A while back I wrote WDVD to help with this. For example: Description changes in Swedish but not every Wikipedia (emphasizing on Wikipedia not Wikidata) patroller knows this. Specially this is something that affects Wikipedias while lots of Wikipedians don't know how they are even being shown in the apps and they look in the talk page or other places to find it. Amir (talk) 05:03, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for the criticism – added a sentence at the addendums to clarify. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 10:26, 30 June 2020 (UTC)

Tech News

A logo change isn't really a piece of technical news, it's more of a piece of non-technical news relevant to the technical community, whereas Tech News mainly attempts to spread information from the latter to everyone else. I'm not sure I see how that fits into the newsletter? I can do my best to help spread the word, though, and have started doing so in other venues. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 20:37, 25 June 2020 (UTC)

Thanks. I would argue due to change to "Powered by MediaWiki" button at bottom of every page, this is sorta affect them too but I get your point and don't have much preference on this topic. Amir (talk) 05:04, 26 June 2020 (UTC)

Ticketmaster for Wikimedia Meet

Good day, I would like to become a ticketmaster for Wikimedia Meet. We plan to use for our Wikimedia training sessions in Canada. I also need an account for myself. Thanks, JP Béland (WMCA) (talk) 18:26, 13 August 2020 (UTC)

Hey User:JP Béland (WMCA), I sent you an email with instructions. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Amir (talk) 18:49, 13 August 2020 (UTC)

Ticketmaster for Wikimedia Meet

Hello, I would like to become a ticketmaster for Wikimedia Meet. I am the one of the founder and main organizer for Wikimedians of Kerala User Group. We are currently in a process of running a series of trainings and sessions for Wikimedians of Kerala. Currently we are doing these on various free platforms. If we can use the meeting then that will be great. Also I need an account for myself. --Ranjithsiji (talk) 07:57, 31 August 2020 (UTC)

User:Ranjithsiji. Hey, I just sent you an email with instructions Amir (talk) 20:07, 4 September 2020 (UTC)

Barnstar

 
Barnstar
The things you've done recently that deserve a barnstar keep piling up, you know that? The Mediawiki logo vote, the work on Wikimedia Chat and Wikimedia Meet, all those technical issues that you keep showing up at to help with... Very nicely done. :) --Yair rand (talk) 21:55, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
@Yair rand Thank you so much for the kind words. My goal is to make it easier to build and improve Wikimedia. I'm more than happy people use and notice them. Let me know if I can be of any service <3 Amir (talk) 00:21, 27 October 2020 (UTC)

User:Ladsgroup/GlobalRenamQueueHelper.js

Hello Ladsgroup, Thanks for this script! Have you thought of making this gadget and enable by default for renamers? It looks like most of renamer don't use it or maybe don't even know about it. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 04:47, 9 November 2020 (UTC)

@1997kB Thanks. That sounds good to me. I don't have the rights though. Should we start a discussion? if so, where? I don't know how meta works :( Amir (talk) 05:14, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
I have started a discussion on Babel page. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 07:22, 9 November 2020 (UTC)

Dexbot having issues on toolforge

https://dexbot.toolforge.org/ => 403 forbidden

https://dexbot.toolforge.org/tools/deleted_sitelinks.php?wiki=enwikisource => Fatal error ...

Thanks.  — billinghurst sDrewth 08:13, 11 September 2020 (UTC)

@Billinghurst Hey, I'm extremely sorry. I missed this message altogether and just saw it (while answering a new message below). I will check and fix all. Thanks and sorry. Amir (talk) 05:12, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
Thanks. Must say that I had forgotten about it. These are the times for it.  — billinghurst sDrewth 08:42, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
@Billinghurst Hey, both should be fixed now. Sorry for delay. I missed this. Amir (talk) 16:26, 14 November 2020 (UTC)

Token for Wikimedia Meet

Hi Amir! The group of young Catalan wikipedians was planning on meeting this weekend, and we were hoping to do so via Wikimedia Meet. Could you please send me a token to create an account? Thanks a ton! --Townie (talk) 21:39, 12 November 2020 (UTC)

Hey @Townie, I gave a token to @Lluis tgn yesterday. Isn't it enough to create a meeting? You don't need an account to join an existing meeting. Amir (talk) 07:34, 13 November 2020 (UTC)

En->ja translation: Old web browser warning

Hi, I saw your post on Wikipedia weekly, and here it goes. I added boldface to the part I need your help. If anybody has answered your request already, and I am sure some had, could you kindly offer me advice as I will need to help my family?
"Wikimedia projects including Wikipedia are getting more secure. You are using an old web browser that will not be able to connect to Wikimedia projects in the future.[1] Please update your device[2] or contact your IT administrator.".

Output: I added square brackets to discuss.

ウィキペディアを含むウィキメディアのプロジェクト群では、セキュリティを強化しています。お使いのウェブブラウザでは今後、ウィキメディアのプロジェクトを開けなくなる見通しです。ブラウザの更新をする[1]、それが無理な場合は新しい機器を使う[2]、または技術系の管理者にご相談ください。

Updating device sounds as if we are selling new models to our readers, in Japanese way of comprehension. Sorry I talk too straight, and may I ask your help here?

[1] If I were you, I would add links where the oldest versions acceptable are listed by OA and APPs:

  • I am thinking I need to assist my 80 yrs old aunt, and I know her iPad is a very old model but the best for her.
  • What I need to arrange for her involves:
  • she loves Firefox, and I need to check if her iPad is compatible with the FF version Wikimedia suggests;

[2] If the above fails her, I need to discuss with my cousins if they donate an iPad their household put in the closet as it’s too old for them, and new enough to use compatible version of FF so that transition for Auntie would be minimum.

Crossing my fingers they will not offer an Apple note or WinPC (; In that case, ok. We’ll have a great excuse that we’d buy old model iPad for Auntie because "Wikipedia says she needs a new device" anyway, but again, I am crossing fingers on my both hands she won’t write on FB how we tricked her to accept a very pricy gift. Cheers, --Omotecho (talk) 16:41, 16 November 2020 (UTC) typo fixed § 16:36, 16 November 2020 (UTC)

@Omotecho Hey, You can check the message here and as for fixing the issue you mentioned, it really depends on the type of OS/Browser and there is no one single true way to fix it (and it'll change over time as more OS/Browsers are getting deprecated). Look at mw:Compatibility#Browser_support_matrix for more browsers that's going to be removed soon. Currently we support FF 3.0 Amir (talk) 20:23, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
@Ladsgroup:, I can assure you the ja translation you have posted on the above link is very good, happy your request was filled. That page has important note at the bottom as well, and thank you so much I couldn’t find it myself. Also, glad you pointed me to mw:Compatibility#Browser_support_matrix, and I will update its translation as well. Ping me when en-ja translation is needed, cheers, --Omotecho (talk) 22:58, 16 November 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021: Invitation

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

Token for Wikimedia Meet

Hello! I'd like to create an account for Wikimedia Meet. Could you send me a token to be able to create an account via my e-mail xavier.dengra@protonmail.com? Thank you very much! Xavi Dengra (MESSAGES) 20:02, 29 November 2020 (UTC)

@Xavier Dengra Sent! Amir (talk) 02:56, 30 November 2020 (UTC)
@Amir Could you send it again? It seems it did not work or that I forgot the password... Sorry for the burden, I host a meeting tomorrow and I would like to prepare it asap. Thank you sou much! Xavi Dengra (MESSAGES) 10:30, 4 December 2020 (UTC)

Requesting Wikimedia Meet token

Hi, Ladsgroup. Could you please give me a token for account creation for Wikimedia Meet? (If the token is tied to an email account, please let me know and I will send it via email. Cheers!
acagastya 06:27, 30 November 2020 (UTC)

@Acagastya Hey, Sent! Amir (talk) 07:21, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
Got it, Ladsgroup. Thanks!
acagastya 07:50, 3 December 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)

Wikimedia Meet

Hi,

I'm organizing an event for the 20th anniversary of Wikipedia.

Can I get a token to share with another user that will help me presenting Wikipedia to the newcomers?

Thank you--ValeJappo【〒】 15:40, 9 January 2021 (UTC)

I hope I'm not disturbing, but it's quite urgent. @Pamputt: I have seen you are active those days, can you please do it? Thank you ValeJappo【〒】 13:30, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
@ValeJappo Hey, I'm sorry the reason I haven't given you a token is that I recently reworked the jitsi and its user mgmt. system is not yet working. I can send you a user and password. Would that work? Amir (talk) 19:56, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
Alright, thank you ValeJappo【〒】 20:11, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
Return to the user page of "Ladsgroup/Archive 1".