Token for Wikimedia MeetEdit
Hello! I'd like to create an account for Wikimedia Meet. Could you send me a token to be able to create an account via my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org? Thank you very much! Xavi Dengra (MESSAGES) 20:02, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Xavier Dengra Sent! Amir (talk) 02:56, 30 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Amir Could you send it again? It seems it did not work or that I forgot the password... Sorry for the burden, I host a meeting tomorrow and I would like to prepare it asap. Thank you sou much! Xavi Dengra (MESSAGES) 10:30, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
Requesting Wikimedia Meet tokenEdit
Hi, Ladsgroup. Could you please give me a token for account creation for Wikimedia Meet? (If the token is tied to an email account, please let me know and I will send it via email. Cheers!
acagastya 06:27, 30 November 2020 (UTC)
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
I'm organizing an event for the 20th anniversary of Wikipedia.
Can I get a token to share with another user that will help me presenting Wikipedia to the newcomers?
- I hope I'm not disturbing, but it's quite urgent. @Pamputt: I have seen you are active those days, can you please do it? Thank you ValeJappo【〒】 13:30, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- @ValeJappo Hey, I'm sorry the reason I haven't given you a token is that I recently reworked the jitsi and its user mgmt. system is not yet working. I can send you a user and password. Would that work? Amir (talk) 19:56, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
Hi! Hoping to be useful I can help in ticketmastering in the Wikimedia Meet page. I think I'm somehow experienced in Jitsi Meeting. I use it nearly everyday since 2-3 years for this and that. I can also help as syadmin if needed but this is out of the scope of this message. Cheers! --Valerio Bozzolan (talk) 22:05, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Valerio Bozzolan Hey, awesome. What is your wikimedia cloud account? It would be great if you take a look at phab:T262747 Amir (talk) 15:06, 23 January 2021 (UTC)
Help wanted for global templatesEdit
You showed support for global templates in the past. Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation view this change as big. We need to convince the Wikimedia Foundation to start working on this. We have to reassure them there is sufficient support by local project communities.
You can help move this forward.
Please do setup a page on the local projects you are (most) active on in the language of the project. Tell your fellow editors why you believe global templates are necessary. Follow the local project decision process to come to a discussion outcome as support or not. There is plenty of time for discussion. Please reach a conclusion before the end of April 2021.
Please translate the coordinating page on meta to languages you are proficient in. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gathering_support_from_local_projects_for_global_templates
Please add a line to this meta page with a link to a discussion page on your local project(s).
The goal is to have the Wikimedia Foundation include a program to develop infrastructure for global templates in their 2021/2022 Annual Plan. The Wikimedia Foundation will decide on the Annual Plan in May/June this year.
The aim is to have several dozen local project communities to show support, and little concerns, issues or objections. Of course, any project can continue to use their local templates.
When you have questions about this initiative you can reach me at ad huikeshoven.org or + 31 6 40293574, and also on Telegram and Signal. You can also raise questions on the talk page on meta. Maybe some people would like to discuss this initiative in a meeting. Please let me know whether you would like to join a Zoom meeting in February.