Lingua Libre ni kazi mradi iliyoundwa na Wikimédia France, ikiwa na malengo ya kujenga ushirika, lugha nyingi, sauti chini ya leseni ya bure ili:
- Kupanua maarifa kuhusu lugha na katika lugha kwa njia ya sauti katika mtandao, katika kazi mradi za Wikimedia na zingine.
- Kusaidia maendeleo ya jamii za lugha mtandaoni - haswa zile za lugha duni, wachache, mkoa, lugha ya mdomo au saini - ili kusaidia jamii kupata habari mtandaoni na kuhakikisha uhai wa lugha za jamii hizi.
|Kazi mradi ya kurekodi lugha|
|imewezeshwa na Wikimédia France|
in the category
|Wikimedia France||Adélaïde Calais WMFr, Rémy Gerbet WMFr|
The lacks of diversity and orality in Wikimedia projects and on the web in general limit the ability of Internet users to communicate and contribute online to various web platforms where they cannot find content and communities sharing their language. Among the regional minority languages that are oral or signed, they threaten in particular the poorly endowed ones, many of which are currently in danger of extinction and for whom inclusion on the web is a major challenge and opportunity. Indeed, of the 7,000 languages in existence today, it is estimated that only 2,500 will survive to the next century and only 250 (less than 5%!) will make their digital ascent, a factor which is yet essential for their vitality. Current initiatives by linguists and activists to document and share data, resources and content online in endangered languages do not directly contribute to the development of a digitally-ascendant linguistic community of Internet users, and thus remain limited in their impact.
Lingua Libre aims to make up for this lack of support by offering an online solution for mass recording, leading to the publication of a collaborative multilingual audiovisual corpus under free licence, whose aim is to document and to revitalize languages by triggering the contribution of new language communities on Lingua Libre and then outside.
Lingua Libre is a tool that allows to record a large number of words in a few hours (up to 1,000 words/hour with a clean word list and an experienced user). It automatizes the classic procedure for recording and adding audio-visual pronunciation files onto Wikimedia projects. Once the recording is done, the platform automatically uploads clean, well cut, well named and apps-friendly audio files, directly to Wikimedia Commons.
- The DGLFLF: (General Delegation for the French language and the languages of France), part of the Ministry of Culture in France
- Lo Congrès: The permanent congress of the Occitan language
- The Maison de la Nouvelle-Calédonie à Paris: (House of New Caledonia in Paris), which represents New Caledonia in Metropolitan France
- The OLCA: Office for the Language and Cultures of Alsace and Moselle
- Plateforme Atlas: an association aiming to promote and facilitate access to culture, humanities and arts, in any language (contact)
To join us, simply add your name in the volunteers list, with