Гранты:Программы финансирования/Фонд альянсов Викимедиа
The Wikimedia Alliances Fund supports mission-aligned organizations, which work in regions and communities that are underrepresented in our movement, and can partner with the Wikimedia Movement to amplify each other's work.
The Wikimedia Alliances Fund supports organizations that can contribute toward the strategic direction of the Wikimedia Movement, especially those that promote knowledge equity. We emphasize the need for underrepresented communities and historically marginalized communities in the movement to have access to resources they need to accomplish their goals. Programs from mission-aligned organizations and groups can focus on supporting contributors, editors, content, awareness, skill-building initiatives, advocacy efforts, strategic planning and developing stable partnerships with local Wikimedia communities and Wikimedia projects.
- How can we apply?
- Applications are by invitation only: We will invite non-profit organizations that have aligned missions with the Wikimedia movement to submit an application for the Alliances Fund. Invited applicants will be supported to submit an application.
- Which organizations will we invite to apply for the Wikimedia Alliance Fund program?
- Only non-profits from Sub-Saharan Africa and East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific funding regions: Due to the reduced level of funding for the Alliances Fund, we will only accept applications from Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific (ESEAP) funding regions in fiscal year 2023-24. There has been the most consistent engagement with the fund in these regions.
- How much funding is available?
- 250,000 USD is available for all invited organizations in fiscal year 2023-24. The total amount of funding will be shared between the invited applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa and East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific funding regions.
- Can for-profit organizations be invited for funding?
- We are focused on working with non-profit organizations. However, we understand that some mission led organizations have adopted different organizational structures, and we want to ensure we have an opportunity to assess the fit of their proposals for impact. Please be in contact with the Wikimedia Alliances Program Officer if you have a different status.
- Programmatic support can be towards furthering ongoing activities, programs, initiatives. It can also be used to ideate, incubate or build new systems of collaboration with the free knowledge ecosystem. Overhead expenses of up to 30% will be allowed to support the stability of partner organizations.
Изучение заявок и принятие решения
- Applications submitted by the invited organisations will be reviewed and approved by the Regional Funds Committees. See application guide.
- Regional Funds Committee members will receive support from the Regional and Alliance Fund Program Officers. Program proposals will be awarded for one year. Grantees can renew their funding if they fulfill their objectives and upon recommendation of the Regional Funds Committees.
Application forms and guides for Programmatic Support
Timeline for invited organizations from Sub-Saharan Africa and East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific funding regions. There is one application round in a year.
|Funding region||Submission deadline||Decisions announced|
|Африка южнее Сахары||1 марта 2024||3 мая 2024|
|East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific||1 марта 2024||3 мая 2024|
|Африка южнее Сахары||East, Southeast Asia, & Pacific|
|Applicant proposal support starts||9 февраля 2024||9 февраля 2024|
|Eligibility check||9 февраля - 1 марта 2024||9 февраля - 1 марта 2024|
|Submission deadline||1 марта 2024||1 марта 2024|
|Application translation support||4 марта - 8 марта 2024||4 марта - 8 марта 2024|
|Review starts||11 марта 2024||11 марта 2024|
|Feedback received||29 марта 2024||29 марта 2024|
|Engaging with feedback||29 марта - 19 апреля 2024||29 марта - 19 апреля 2024|
|Decision announced||3 мая 2024||3 мая 2024|
|Agreement signed||17 мая 2024||17 мая 2024|
|First payment sent||17 мая - 31 мая 2024||17 мая - 31 мая 2024|
|Midpoint learning conversation||15 января 2025||15 января 2025|
|Final report due||31 июля 2025||31 июля 2025|
|Yearly report due for multi-year funds||31 июля 2025||31 июля 2025|
Funded organisations will be provided a template to complete the following:
- Midterm conversation between PO and grantee partners
- Final or yearly learning report
Final conversation between PO and grantee partners
|Основная информация||Midterm conversation between Program Officers and Grantee Partners||Final learning report||Final conversation between Program Officers and Grantee Partners|
|Is it required?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Who is responsible?||Program Officers (POs) schedule the call and register the conversation. grantee partners will have access to the conversation report on Fluxx and will be able to edit the conversation registration.||Grantee partners partners||Program Officers (POs) schedule the call and register the conversation. grantee partners will have access to the conversation report on Fluxx and will be able to edit the conversation registration.|
|Когда?||In the middle of the grant implementation. Dates will depend on each grantee partner according to their project timelines. These dates are found on Fluxx.||One month after the end of the grant implementation.||Once the final (or yearly) report has been analysed by the Program Officer. Between 2-4 weeks after submission.|
|How will it be used?||
This conversation report is aimed at:
This learning report is aimed at:
|This conversation is aimed at a deeper reflection based on the analysis of the report. It is also used to give the Foundation feedback on ways to better support grantee partner's work in the future.|
|Where will it be filled out?||На Fluxx'е||На Fluxx'е||На Fluxx'е|
|Будет ли это опубликована на Мета-вики?||Нет||Да||Нет|
Program Officer Conversation (Midterm)
Final Learning Report
Program Officer Conversation (Final)
Время для разговора
All organizations should be compliant with Wikimedia Foundation’s requirements for funding. An eligibility check will be conducted before the review process. This step will be coordinated by the Program Officer (PO) for The Wikimedia Alliances Fund, with support from the Grants Admin team and regional POs if necessary.
The following are basic criteria that must be met by all Wikimedia Alliances Fund applicants in order for a proposal to be reviewed:
- Proposed programs and activities are aligned with the mission of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Applicants to the Wikimedia Alliances Fund should also have demonstrable experience with Wikimedia projects, communities, or organizations directly related to the proposal prior to submission. Proposals primarily focused on building introductory experience with Wikimedia projects or communities are ineligible for review.
- Applicant must follow the Universal Code of Conduct and Friendly Space Policies
- Youth Safety Policy must be in place for any activity that involves underage community members
- Applicant is within a country that can legally receive funding for the described activities and expenses based on laws on sending and receiving funds in the United States and their country
- Applicant does not appear on the United States Department of Treasury Specially Designated Nationals And Blocked Persons List (SDN)
- Applicants must be in compliance with any prior reporting requirements for any past projects funded through the Wikimedia Foundation
- Works and contributions must be able to be published under ethical, open access agreements
- Applications must be for future, planned work
- Proposed activities that meet the United States Internal Revenue Service definition of lobbying cannot be funded.
- Applicants receiving funding must not be Wikimedia Foundation staff members or contractors working more than part time (more than 20 hours per week).
- Within the new learning and evaluation framework, we are focusing on developing metrics, both qualitative and quantitative, that make sense to each fund recipient based on: their theory of change - how they expect to bring about change with their work, what they need to ask to see if this change has been achieved and what data they need to collect to answer these questions.
- In this sense, we will be working as partners with applicants so that they can think through this process to define what is desirable and possible to measure, what are the available tools, how this data will be analyzed and used to learn and share with relevant stakeholders.
In the new learning and evaluation framework, we emphasize collecting data that will be used for analyzing and learning together, not just collected data per se. We will establish spaces for data analysis as thought partners, for instance through conversations between program officers and grantees, as well as continuous peer-to-peer learning spaces between grantees. This allows for more general reflections on impactful strategies and learning across all grantees.
It is recommended that organisations applying for the Wikimedia Alliances Fund would have a local wiki community advisor who can support in the development and implementation of the proposal.
The Wikimedia Alliances Fund Program Officer would offer the following support to applicants during the proposal development process:
- Provide background and context overview of local Wikimedia communities
- Drafting and revision of application
- Support in using Wiki platforms i.e. meta, mailing lists for (reporting and documentation)
- Introductions to possible community contacts for collaboration
- Может ли организация, уже получавшая грант, подавать заявку в Фонд альянсов Викимедиа?
- Да, в случае если организация закончила итоговый отчёт и обсуждение с руководителем программы, то она может подать заявку на ещё один грант. Итоговые отчёты и беседы должны быть закончены в течение 1 и 2 месяцев после окончания проекта. Это означает, что минимальный временной зазор между двумя проектами составляет 6 месяцев, поскольку на данный момент в Фонде альянсов два цикла финансирования в календарный год.
- Может ли организация подавать заявку на несколько грантов Фонда альянсов?
- Organizations who have one open Wikimedia Alliance Fund will not be eligible to apply again.
- How is the Wikimedia Alliances Fund different from the Knowledge Equity Fund?
- The Wikimedia Alliances Fund hopes to build capacities across the larger free knowledge movement, which would have a positive effect on the development of the Wikimedia projects and communities as well. Programs from mission-aligned organizations and groups can focus on supporting contributors, editors, content, awareness, skill-building initiatives, advocacy efforts, while developing stable partnerships with local Wikimedia communities and Wikimedia projects.
- The Knowledge Equity Fund provides grants to external organizations that support knowledge equity by addressing the racial inequities preventing access and participation in free knowledge. As the scope of the work of the five major themes is broad, there is no expectation or requirement for them to work directly on wiki projects or with the community.
- Which program proposals will the Wikimedia Alliance Fund prioritize?
- Any idea/initiative that has a clear impact and is aligned with the mission of the Wikimedia movement. We will prioritize efforts that support development of the Free Knowledge Ecosystem and Knowledge Equity focused on underrepresented communities.
- How can an organization appeal against Regional Committees', or Program Officer's decision?
- At this time we do not foresee an appeals process for Wikimedia Alliances Fund.
- Who will make the final decision on the funding requests?
- The Regional Funds Committee of the region where the project will be implemented will make the final decision on the funding request.
- Can a Wikimedia Affiliate or group be invited to apply for the Wikimedia Alliances?
- We hope that a Wikimedia affiliate or group will partner with Aligned organizations in the proposal, however the Fund recipient would be the partner organization. Wikimedians should apply for funding through the Community Fund.
- На каких языках могут быть поданы заявки?
- Заявки могут быть поданы на любом языке
- Note: Reporting dates will be adapted to each grantee partner according to their project timelines. Grantee partners will be able to see their proposed reporting dates on the portal on Fluxx. If you have any doubts or concerns about these dates please reach out to your Program Officer. Likewise, if you have any doubts about how to submit these reports or how they will be used.