Participant selection Train the Trainer 2015Edit
|You have been selected to join TTT 2015|
|Hello Pavan Santosh, Congratulations!!! You have been selected to attend the Wikipedia Train the Trainer program at Bangalore during 26 February to 1 March 2015. We are excited to see you in Bangalore! |
We request you to please book your travel tickets to reach Bangalore by 25 February, 2015 evening and plan to leave on 1 March 2015 evening or 2 March, 2015 morning. CIS-A2K will reimburse you costs of 3 tier AC or Volvo bus fare. We will be in touch with you over e-mail and mobile for further coordination. If you have any queries please leave a message here.
Inspire launches March 4th!Edit
Thanks so much for signing up to support the Inspire Campaign! Please check out the Community Hub to learn more about the Gender Gap, how IdeaLab works, and our new IdeaLab Friendly Spaces Expectations. As a Community Organizer, we hope you'll spread the word on- and off-wiki to your communities, help maintain a friendly space in IdeaLab, and facilitate the development of ideas and project teams. Idea creation and refinement will take place March 4-31st in IdeaLab.
We are looking forward to an exciting month! Please feel free to leave questions/comments on the Community Hub discussion page. Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 22:01, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Thanks for showing interest to participate in the Global Congress on Intellectual Property and the Public Interest event. This message is to acknowledge receipt of your application. We'll inform you if you are selected. Regards. -- 02:41, 1 November 2015 (UTC)
A week or so ago, we informed you that we received your application. Now, let us tell you about the selection procedure. We want the communities to select their representatives. We have posted on your Wikipedia's Village Pump and asked to comment on your application. Though we understand it is quite difficult to assess one’s contribution on the basis of endorsements only, it is impossible on our end to select one from your community as a representative without your consent. -- 00:36, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
WikiConference India 2016 updatesEdit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
WikiConference India 2016 programEdit
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee
2016 Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Quarries for WikisourceEdit
Hi Pavan, I need small help from you, could you please make a small script for Bengali wikisource. I need a list Index pages which is not linked with Authors page. Can it be possible to find out from https://quarry.wmflabs.org. Jayantanth (talk) 02:30, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
Also we need another help, We are organised the WS10 proffreading contest. The rules and point are same as s:Wikisource:Tenth_Anniversary_Contest. Could you please help us? We need one quarry for a month proofread contest. We need to know the top ten user participating the contest according to (Proofread page, Validated page ,Problematic page , without text ) action with a specific book and timeframe ( 1st January 2017- 31st January 2017). We will calculate score manually. I was trying at here https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/15226 , I need a table like below format.
|User Name||Proofread page||Validated page,||Problematic page,||without text|
Or as please guide me what to do.
Thank you in advance.
Learning patterns for the win!Edit
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia Diversity Conference: We need your help!Edit
Dear User:Pavan santhosh.s,
Thank you for signing up to be an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017! Some of the conference pages are now marked for translation. Please consider translating these pages to the languages you know so that people around the world can read about Wikimedia Diversity Conference in the languages they are familiar with. Please click on the 'Translate this page ' link on top of the main page of the conference to start translating! We are grateful that ambassadors like you are striving to make the Diversity Conference truly global and multi-linguistic. --Netha Hussain (talk) 18:21, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTCEdit
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:29, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!Edit
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for helpEdit
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow upEdit
Hello Pavan santhosh.s,
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Military history user group titleEdit
Greetings, firstly thanks for your support and feedback to the proposal to form a user group for military historians of Wikipedia. As there is enough support for the proposal, it is time to choose a title, and go ahead. Please vote at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians#Group name. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 11:45, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi, I am Sri Harsha I have to contest tiger project of Telugu category how to contest it help me
Bengaluru Wikipedians' MeetupEdit
Nice meeting you
-WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 10:15, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
-WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 03:39, 28 May 2018 (UTC) Hi Santosh, It was nice meeting you. We've been trying to connect with all Wikipedians in Bangalore, across languages. A meetup like that will help to carry forward the momentum of Project Tiger.
You & Krishna Chaitanya are my contacts in Telugu. I'll send out a formal request to you. Please put a notice on Telugu Village Pump & help me get connected to as many Bangalore based Telugu Wikipedia Contributors. In June 2018, we wish to host a meeting of Bangalore based all language & all projects Wikipedians at CIS Office Bangalore.
Tito Dutta has been very much willing to support this effort. -WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 03:39, 28 May 2018 (UTC)
- Mallikarjunasj Perfect! Thanks for coming up with such an idea. Let's confirm the date. I will put it in Telugu Wikipedia Village pump and also will write/talk to Telugu Wikipedians those who are currently in Benguluru. --Pavan santhosh.s (talk) 05:59, 28 May 2018 (UTC)
̃-WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. ~H~ Hi Pavan,i Pavan,
- Could you post this to Telugu Wiki (either or all of Pedia, Source, Quote, Meta, Commons & Wiktionary)?
- Are there any positive responses?
personal Help, I have indic fonts installed on laptop, but still Telugu wiki shows up as Boxes. How to setup fonts to show correctly?
Thanks in advance.
Amazing work during the #1Lib1Ref Trainings in IndiaEdit
We truly appreciate your immense contribution towards the #1Lib1Ref Training(s) in India. Thanks for being an awesome contributor to our movement.
JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)Edit
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:31, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
HaPpY BelAtEd BirThD@Y!!Edit
|Happy Birthday Wikiholic! :D|
|hey, wish you a very happy belated birthday! keep editing! :) --Abhinav619 (talk) 06:26, 10 January 2019 (UTC)|
Archives are archivesEdit
Hi. Please do not edit archives. They are records of the time, and generally should remain as completed. If desperately needed, put a note on the user's talk page, or make a note on the talk page. — billinghurst sDrewth 05:40, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit
Hello Pavan santhosh.s! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
On behalf of the steering committee,
Wiki loves love wikipedian contest 2019Edit
To succeed I need the articles to be presented like the Punjabi Project here : https://as.wikipedia.org/wiki/ৱিকিপিডিয়া:ৱিকি_লাভ্%E2%80%8Cছ_ৱুমেন_২০১৯ or here : https://pa.wikipedia.org/wiki/ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ:ਵਿਕੀ_ਲਵਸ_ਵੁਮੈਨ_2019
Or ideally to have the leaders of the project publish themselves the list of priduced articles here :
Thank you and Happy DiwaliEdit
Thank you for helping to create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy RecommendationsEdit
|Thank you very much for everything you did to help create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations! I am especially grateful for the enormous amount of work you did in the Community Health working group and all the care and commitment you brought to the process.|
- @Nicole Ebber (WMDE): I am eternally grateful for the wonderful people worked with me in this process either volunteer or professional capacities. Especially, your team was so patient and passionate about the process. I heard that this exercise never ever happened in this scale and diversity in any organisation or movement ever, congratulations to your team for playing a crucial role in making strategy process to happen. --Pavan santhosh.s (talk) 02:21, 3 July 2020 (UTC)
Hello Pavan. I'm glad to see you among the candidates in AffCom and wish you success! As I know, you didn't complete the Self-Assessment Survey, which is mandatory for all candidates. Please fill it in to accept your candidacy. Sincerely, --Mehman 97 17:16, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar PradeshEdit
Greeting of day,
Wikipedia turns 20 on 15 January 2021. This Wikipedia 20 Meta-Wiki page is an initial framework the global Wikimedia community can use to coordinate around the 20th birthday of Wikipedia. We are celebrating how humans made Wikipedia what it is, and only humans can help sustain and grow it. We are celebrating 20 years human!
All you need to do is to sign in as the participant here and observe the celebrations of event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel. The decent stuff will receive a token of appreciation. Y'll are RSVP in the event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel and Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏Edit
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
Proof of Identity needed for Board of Trustee CandidacyEdit
Hi there! Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. A copy of one of the following documents fulfills this:
- Driver's license
- Other official documentation indicating real name and age
This may be provided to the Wikimedia Foundation via email at secure-info wikimedia.org. Even if you may have done this previously for a different position, you are asked to complete this again. Please submit this by 29 June 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
If you are one of the selected candidates, the Wikimedia Foundation may need to request additional identifying information in order to run a background check prior to your appointment to the Board.
Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionEdit
Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.
The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.
Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the support, @JKoerner (WMF):! I will check the links and start working on these things. Best. --Pavan santhosh.s (talk) 19:23, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing Conversation Chat will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:52, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activitiesEdit
I am writing to you about several things:
1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.
2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.
3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac wikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr wikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.
Leadership Development Task Force: Your feedback is appreciated!Edit
(Read this message in other languages on Meta: العربية • Deutsch • español • français • Русский • 中文 • हिन्दी • বাংলা • Bahasa Indonesia •日本語 • 한국어 • Yorùbá • Polski • Português bosanski • hrvatski • српски / srpski)
The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.
The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force. This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help. Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7 to 25 February 2022.
Leadership Development Working Group: Apply to join!Edit
(Read this message in other languages on Meta-wiki: العربية • Deutsch • español • français • Русский • 中文 • हिन्दी • বাংলা • Bahasa Indonesia •日本語 • 한국어 • Yorùbá • Polski • Português bosanski • hrvatski • српски / srpski)
Thank you to everyone who participated in the feedback period for the Leadership Development Working Group initiative. A summary of the feedback can be found on Meta-wiki. This feedback will be shared with the working group to inform their work. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and will close on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group , share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.