Welcome to Meta! Edit

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Hello, कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

Jayantanth (talk) 08:05, 5 May 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

News from the Tremendous Wiktionary User Group Edit


I let you this message because you are part of the (very dynamic) Tremendous Wiktionary User Group!

As the process of name change is ongoing for the Wikimedia Foundation, I invite you to participate to a collective opinion from the user group. There is also a proposal for a communique directed to the WMF. You are welcome to discuss it too. I imagine you may also express your opinion through other canals but your inputs are still welcome! Thank you in advance! Noé (talk) 15:54, 17 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of Conduct Edit

Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct.  

There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups.   This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:(English): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd36dNdU3C5shXEkKp9itJOhuCTx9hZE5AE-xflkxtfRMnZtg/viewform?usp=pp_url  

It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks.  If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoCThank you for your participation

Mervat SalmanTrust & Safety (Policy) Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 21:35, 3 August 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh Edit

Greeting of day,

commemorate Wikipedia 20 with Project UP

Wikipedia turns 20 on 15 January 2021. This Wikipedia 20 Meta-Wiki page is an initial framework the global Wikimedia community can use to coordinate around the 20th birthday of Wikipedia. We are celebrating how humans made Wikipedia what it is, and only humans can help sustain and grow it. We are celebrating 20 years human!

All you need to do is to sign in as the participant here and observe the celebrations of event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel. The decent stuff will receive a token of appreciation. Y'll are RSVP in the event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel and Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh

Profound Regards,

SHISHIR DUA (talk) 17:00, 11 January 2021 (UTC),Reply[reply]


[Small wiki toolkits - Reminder] Bots workshop: Saturday, Jan 27 at 3:30 pm! Edit

Thanks for signing up to participate in the “Bots workshop” organized as a part of the Small wiki toolkits - South Asia 2021. In this session, we will be learning how to perform tasks on wiki by running automated scripts, about Pywikibot and how it can be used to help with repetitive processes and editing, and the Pywikibot community, learning resources and community venues.

This is reminder for the workshop, which will take place from 3:30 pm to 5 pm IST on 27 February (Saturday). The meeting link is https://meet.google.com/vri-zvfv-rci

Please let us know if you have any questions. Regards, SWT South Asia Organizers, 05:59, 27 February 2021 (UTC)

Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021 Edit

Greetings SWMT member,

I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.

Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Your reverts Edit

Hello, you have been reverting so many people without providing an adequate edit summary and most of those you reverted as part of your small wiki patrolling were good-faith edits. Some examples are: [1] [2] Would you mind explaining them? ‐‐1997kB (talk) 15:27, 27 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

More: [3] [4] [5] [6]. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 15:37, 27 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@1997kB:जी, सर जैसा कि आपने बताया आपने सारांश संदर्भ दिए, प्रत्यापन्न कर रहें हैं इसका कारण Twinkle और swviewer से प्रत्यापन्न करते समय सारांश में लिखने के लिए वह विकल्प की जगह नहीं मिलता है। कृपया बताएं वह विकल्प कहां दृष्टव्य किया जा सकता हैं। पहला गलती जरूर मेरे से हुई है मैं ध्यान नहीं दे पाया कि पुनर्प्रेषित कीया गया है। और दूसरा यह सोच कर किया कि प्रथम अक्षर कैपिटल लेटर में लिखा जाता है। तीसरा स्पेस का कोई महत्व नहीं था, चौथा के लिए मैं शर्मिंदा हूं। बेसक मुझे ओर बेहतर बनने की कोशिश कर रहा हूं। पांचवां अच्छरों को सुन्दर करने का क्या मतलब योगदान का मतलब सकारात्मक योगदान से रहा हैं उसमें लिखें लेख जिसे लोग पढ़ेंगे। छ: का शब्दों का उलट-फेर किया गया था यह मैं बैसक मनता हूं कि बिना पंजीकरण खाता हमेशा ग़लत नहीं होता हैं। आपने मेरे गलतियों से अवगत कराएं मुझे अच्छा लगा। संभावता मैं कोशिश करूंगा ऐसी गलतियां दोहराई ना जाय लेकिन किसी कारण वंश ऐसी त्रुटियां आपको दिख जाती हैं तो आपसे अनुरोध हैं कि इन त्रुटियों को सुधार कर सहायता करें। धन्यवाद!-- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 16:51, 27 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thanks for reverts against vandalism and harassment Edit

Hi @कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया:, Namaskar! Thank you for reverting several abusive comments targeting me in meta-wiki. Thanks for your efforts against harassment and vandalism. --Pavan Santhosh Surampudi (Talk) 06:51, 1 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@Pavan santhosh.s: Namaste! Ji, This is my responsibility. -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 14:59, 1 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Special:Diff/21782615 Edit

Hello, why wouldn't you just tag the page for speedy deletion as "not a translation"? ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
13:21, 24 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Ji, it happened because of mistake you remove it -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 13:38, 24 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I deleted the page. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
13:48, 24 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Thanks -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 14:17, 24 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Special:Diff/21788522/next. Are you using some sort of script? ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
14:49, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
No, I have to go to the translation option to fix it. -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 14:59, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
You should mark the translation page for deletion instead. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
15:01, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
how can I do this? please say me. -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 15:06, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
You can tag the page for deletion like any other page, for example, with TwinkleGlobal. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
15:14, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
ok I need one more help from you my page warning j.s not working. Can you help? -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 15:25, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Looking at User:कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया/common.js, not sure why you copied over the whole script instead of just
but you should see a button in the edit window of a user talk page. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
13:13, 28 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
The warning option was not visible so I copied the whole script. Still this option is not visible. -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 14:10, 28 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Could you maybe post a screenshot of what you see at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Example&action=edit? ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
14:12, 28 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
you can see here
कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 15:02, 28 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
It may be interfering with some other script, but you have a ton of them enabled. What script is adding the "Default, dir=ltr" etc.? You might want to try disabling that as it concerns the toolbar as well. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
15:07, 28 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
ok thnks, I will try to disable it. कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 15:30, 28 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Reverts Edit

Hello, please refrain from revert-warring with vandals in the future, per w:WP:BRI and w:WP:DENY, especially on talk pages of admins, who will react quickly enough. It only increases their own motivation, and keeping a vandalised version on a non-content page doesn't usually hurt anyone (unless it's a dox or extremely degrading material). ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
20:33, 24 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I would like to apologize for this. After that I will leave with only one warning in the acts of vandalism. -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 03:43, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Not sure exactly what you mean by "leave with only one warning". ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
10:33, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I mean I will revert only once in such works. -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 10:51, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Edit wars with vandals/LTAs Edit

Please don't not get into revert wars with LTAs and vandals. What are doing at here is just creating more noise and feeding the troll ... they are winning when you do it, you are doing exactly what they want. This sort of vandalism isn't going unnoticed, and admins/stewards will see it and act. When it is on such a user talk page, it is perfectly manageable and we would also say it is out of mainstream so less problematic.  — billinghurst sDrewth 01:31, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

ji, apologize for this I was unaware of these works. From then on I will leave with only one a warning in the acts of vandalism. -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 03:47, 25 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
@Billinghurst See also my thread just above. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
10:34, 25 July 2021 (UTC)

User:कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया/global.js Edit

Hi, Please wrap the content of User:कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया/global.js in <nowiki></nowiki> tags so that it stops appearing in Category:Deleteme. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 03:55, 4 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@1997kB: Thanks you for your kind of attention. now the exam is going on. so I will fix it by evening. Regards -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 05:00, 4 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SWT South Asia, Telegram group Edit

Hi, we have formed a Telegram group for Small wiki toolkits - South Asia. The aim is mainly to discuss what technical topics might be helpful for small wiki communities in future workshops. Please join if you are interested, using this link. KCVelaga (talk) 13:09, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@KCVelaga: नमस्ते! ज़ी, मैं टेलिग्राम चैनल में सम्मलित हो गया हूं। आभार। -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 13:24, 5 August 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

A Community Wishlist Survey update waiting for translation Edit


Hello! Would you be able to translate the newest update about the Community Wishlist Survey 2022? In short: instead of November 2021, the CWS will happen in January 2022. We would also like to make other improvements. We can't do that without having the volunteers' opinions. This is what we ask for in the message.

After the weekend, I'll send this to all Village Pumps, Cafes, Forums, etc. Our team would like as many people as possible not to ignore this message. Let's remove the language barrier.

Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:29, 4 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Clerking SRG Edit

Please, there is no need to do the bot work at SRG. The bot exists for a reason. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
17:40, 7 October 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

जी, धन्यवाद आपका मार्गदर्शन के लिए। कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 17:46, 7 October 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Deletion of Ramakamal Dasji's page Edit

Please share why you requested this page to be deleted? https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Swami_Ramakamaldas_Vedanti — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 6r3a7 (talk) 02:09, 11 November 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Meta-Wiki is a global community site for Wikimedia in different languages. This includes the Foundation's projects and related projects, ranging from coordination and documentation to planning and analysis.
Other meta-focused wikis such as Wikimedia Outreach are specific projects that have their roots in meta-wikis. Therefore, you are requested to use Wikipedia related to different languages ​​to make articles on any particular topic. see more information here. Special:Diff/22194335 Thank you! कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 02:53, 11 November 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

s:ro:Interioare:Regina Maria- viața, nostalgia, arta Edit

Hello! I am not able to process your requested GS deletion for this page. Though it is not formatted in line with wikisource's guidelines, and is in the wrong namespace, it isn't clearly vandalism, out of scope for the project, or useless. In cases such as this, it is often best to ask local admins, one of whom I have left a note for. Best, Vermont (talk) 02:17, 21 November 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@Vermont: ok, Thank you. कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 02:55, 21 November 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

why did you requested this page to be deleted? Edit

Why did you request for ConWiki to be speedy deleted? GTbot2007 (talk) 16:10, 10 December 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

@GTbot2007: I request for conWiki deleted because this is not related to meta wiki. please see this not here to contribute to the encyclopedia कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 16:38, 10 December 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

South Asia Election Volunteers New Year Conversation Invitation Edit

TL;DR: Signup to participate in the South Asia Election Volunteers New Year conversation & future plans on 23rd January 2022 (Sunday) at 7 PM IST (Your timezone - 1:30 pm UTC). Link - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2022/Meetings/New_Year_Conversation_with_Election_Volunteers


As we are starting a new year, we hope that one of your goals for this year is to help ensure representation and participation of your community in very important discussions and processes such as elections, within the Wikimedia Movement.

If yes, we are inviting you to join the Election Volunteers program.

Election Volunteers should have a good understanding of their communities and have interest in activism work. The facilitation team sees Election Volunteers as doing the following:

  1. Promoting the upcoming board election in their communities’ channels
  2. Organizing discussions about the board election  in their communities
  3. Translating Board Election messages for their communities

If you want to be an Election Volunteer, please sign up here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2022/Meetings/New_Year_Conversation_with_Election_Volunteers to attend the New Year Election Volunteers Conversation.

If you are unable to attend the conversations, please reach out to me directly for more details.

CSinha (WMF) (talk) 12:27, 20 January 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Leadership Development Working Group: Reminder to apply by 10 April 2022 Edit

Hello, I'm reaching out to you today as you've previously expressed interest in Movement Strategy and Governance-related topics. I was hoping to share the below message with you and your talk page guests, as the call for applications for this working group ends soon.

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Working Group. The purpose of the working group is to advise leadership development work. Feedback was collected in February 2022 and a summary of the feedback is on Meta-wiki. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and is closing soon on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you in advance for your consideration =) Xeno (WMF) (talk) 01:07, 8 April 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Special:Redirect/logid/47713078 Edit

Hello, please do not mark pages as patrolled after you tag them for deletion. This only makes them less visible for patrolling admins by hiding them from the recent changes feed if unpatrolled changes are filtered out. Thanks, ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
17:30, 13 April 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

जी, नमस्ते! मैं पेज को डिलीट का टेग करते समय परिक्षित चिंहित नहीं करता हूं। शायद अक्सर देखा जाता हैं यह ओटोमेटिक अपने आप परिक्षित चिंहित कभी-कभी अपलोड ले लेता। वैसे आपका कहना ठीक हैं ऐसे में यह हाल-फिलहाल के बदलाव से वंचित हो जाता हैं। अतः क्षमा के साथ मैं अब से ध्यान रखूंगा ऐसी गलती फिर ना हों। शुक्रिया। -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 17:52, 13 April 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Maybe you have the setting enabled in the TwinkleGlobal preferences. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk)
17:55, 13 April 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
जी, आपका कहना बिलकुल सही था। मैं इसे अब अक्षम कर लिया हूं। आपका बहुत-बहुत शुक्रिया! -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 18:06, 13 April 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Sunday May 8 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting Edit

Swans are musical creatures.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including 2022 Board of Trustees Call for Candidates, Movement Charter/Content preliminary narrative, Human Rights Policy Community Conversations, Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Feedback, IP blocking and Open Proxies discussion, Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 May 20-22 + local events, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday May 8, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 18:57, 4 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

WarningDialog.js Edit

I noticed that you copied my script into a subpage of yours. There's no need to do so. Please tag that page for deletion and add this to your common.js instead:

  • mw.loader.load('//meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:NguoiDungKhongDinhDanh/WarningDialog.js?action=raw&ctype=text/javascript');

NguoiDungKhongDinhDanh 20:57, 22 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

जी, शुक्रिया! कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 21:01, 22 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Translations:Wikimedia chapters/5/km Edit

Hi. Just for you to know, the tag by Svartava was correct; it was not written in Khmer. NguoiDungKhongDinhDanh 13:55, 1 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Sunday June 5 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting Edit

Swan impressions.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation this June, WMF Proposal for Movement Strategy Forum, New rounds of WMF Conference Funds including in-person events, WMF Proposal for Sound Logo Contest, WMF Elections Analysis Committee selection, wikimania:Program submissions due June 10 (scholarship and local event grants due June 3) and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 5, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:20, 1 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Sunday July 3 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting Edit

Swan celestial.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation last week, Affiliate voting period to shortlist WMF Board candidates (July 1-15), Wikimania updates, Desktop improvements, Wikimedia Enterprise first customers, Call for program submissions and updates for a global diversity of regional/linguistic Wiki-Conferences, Wikidata:Wiki Mentor Africa and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 3, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimania Session Alert! Edit

Come listen to the members of the leadership development working group share updates about their work, goals and vision at Wikimania 2022: The Festival Edition! Learn how you can get involved with their efforts to create a shared leadership definition for the Wiki movement!

Panel Session:

Leadership Development Working Group: What are we doing and why?

Saturday 13th August

8.45am - 9.30am UTC

Bring your questions! Cassie Casares (talk) 23:40, 12 August 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Sunday November 13 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting Edit

bestiary (Q830560)compendium (Q1459574)reference work (Q13136).

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimedia Research Fund, 2023 Ombuds commission and Case Review Committee appointments process, feedback on consultation and community session of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, various Wikimania topics: (ideas/suggestions for Wikimania 2023, expressions of interest for Wikimania 2024 and beyond, expressions of interest to join Wikimania Steering Committee), and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 13, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and
UTC times are different from before, and also note that some areas may have recently experienced daylight savings time changes.).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:59, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Announcing a Scholarship Opportunity for Wikimedians - WTS Edit

Dear Wikimedian, we would like to announce that Scholarship applications are now being accepted for the 2nd Wikimedia Technology Summit, proposed event dates are the 3rd, and 4th of March 2023 (Friday & Saturday)  at The International Institute of Information Technology - Hyderabad, India. The scholarships will primarily support active Wikimedia Technology developers and other stakeholders to participate in the summit.

Wikimedia Technology Summit (WTS) aims to share and discuss state-of-the-art tools, technologies, knowledge, and ongoing research within Wikimedia and its sister projects.  

The scholarship applications will be open from 11 December 2022 to 31 December 2022.

The applications for scholarships and program submissions are already open! You can find the form for the scholarship at

2nd Wikimedia Technology Summit.

Please post a message on the talk page for any questions. Thanks in advance, and many greetings,

On behalf of the organizing committee, 2nd Wikimedia Technology Summit. Kasyap (talk) 06:48, 26 December 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Conference India 2023 Edit


Plz join the following telegram group to stay updated with new developments on Wiki Conference India 2023: https://t.me/+X9RLByiOxpAyNDZl --Muzammil (talk) 09:11, 3 February 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Why did you revert this? Edit

Thanks. Philippe Depesch (talk) 17:06, 1 May 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

done by mistake. कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 17:12, 1 May 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Your RFA Edit

Hello कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया, your recent request for adminship has been closed as unsuccessful. Best regards, — xaosflux Talk 18:48, 10 May 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Xaosflux जी, आपका बहुत बहुत शुक्रिया! -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 19:14, 10 May 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Membership of Wikipedia & Education User Group Edit

कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया, Thank you for your interest in joining the Wikipedia & Education User Group. I recently noticed that you added yourself as a member of the group, and it seems my attempt to revert this change was unsuccessful. I would like to clarify the proper procedure for becoming a member of our user group.

To become a member of the Wikipedia & Education User Group, it is necessary to complete the membership form. After you have submitted the form, our Membership Admin will review your request. Once approved by the board, you will be added to the official members list.

Please refrain from adding your username directly to the members list. It is essential to follow the prescribed procedure to ensure a smooth and organized membership process.

We value your interest in our user group, and we want to make sure that all members are acknowledged appropriately. By adhering to the correct procedure, we can ensure the integrity of our group and maintain a supportive environment for everyone involved.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Membership Admin or any other designated contact person. They will be more than happy to guide you through the membership process or address any concerns you may have.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to your active participation within the Wikipedia & Education User Group once your membership is officially approved. Regards, ZI Jony (Talk) 16:50, 28 May 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

ZI Jony, Thanks for the suggestion.-- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 17:18, 28 May 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Sunday July 16 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Global Council focus, now available in ar, es, fr!) Edit

SWAN: The Next Generation

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimania Singapore, Future of SWAN, Movement Charter/Content new sections (particularly Movement Charter/Content/Global Council), other activities you submit, and we will top it all off with a grand finale AI Happy Hour / Doom Hour!

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 16, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and
Note that we are now meeting on Zoom, with interpretation in the 2nd session in (Arabic) (Spanish) (French)--Pharos (talk) 02:44, 12 July 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]