Tällä hetkellä kaikki ihmisten väliset tapahtumat (offline), kokoukset ja kokoontumiset, joita Wikimedia Foundation on rahoittanut ja jotka on suunniteltu järjestettäväksi 15. syyskuuta 2020 mennessä, on peruutettu tai ne on siirretty kunnes toisin ilmoitetaan. Tällä sivulla on tarkempia tietoja asiasta.
COVID-19-taudin aiheuttama maailmanlaajuinen pandemia on tällä hetkellä leviävä pandemia, josta ilmoitettiin ensimmäisen kerran vuonna 2019 ja jonka Maailman terveysjärjestö julisti pandemiaksi 11. maaliskuuta 2020. Wikimedia-liikkeen järjestäytyneet ryhmät ovat seuranneet tilannetta vuoden 2020 alusta saakka ja ovat tehneet useita toimenpiteitä pandemian leviämisen hidastamiseksi.
Wikimedia Foundation on luonut tämän sivun, jotta voimme julkaista pandemiaan liittyen vastauksemme, tarjota relevantteja resursseja ja auttaa meidän vapaaehtoisyhteisöjä ilmoittamaan, jäljittämään ja valvomaan vaikutuksia pandemiaan liittyvään liikehdintään. Olkaa ystävällisiä ja liittykää Wikimedia Foundation'iin lisäämällä tietoa, miten teidän Wikimedia-yhteisönne, yhteistyökumppaninne ja muut järjestäytyneet ryhmänne vastaavat tähän tilanteeseen. Media-tiedusteluja varten ottakaa yhteyttä presswikimedia.org'iin.
As of, 4 May 2020, the Wikimedia movement has taken the following operational actions, in response to the COVID-19 epidemic:
- All offline public events (in-person) funded by Wikimedia Foundation grants, including conferences, scheduled to take place before 15 September 2020, must be cancelled or postponed until further notice. This includes the Wikimedia Summit 2020 conference, and Wikimania 2020.
- Wikimedia Foundation's office locations are closed until, at least, 30 June 2020.
- Wikimedia Foundation has shifted to a reduced work–week.
- Some staff may continue to work their usual schedules; However, current expectations are, that staff may work 20 hours a week, if necessary.
- All staff will be paid according to their usual work schedules.
- Normal sick–time requirements and limitations are being waived; Staff members who are ill, or are caring for ill family, may take the time–off as is necessary, to tend to themselves or their families.
- Members of our communities continue to actively update, maintain, and translate information relating to the pandemic, across each of our projects and in dozens of languages.
Global resources and information
- Active map showing affected countries and COVID-19 cases
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Working and meeting remotely
- MediaWiki.org: Meeting best practices (including remote staff)
- WikiProject remote event participation
- Working and convening remotely portal
Please post any information on how Wikimedia projects are responding or how outside efforts are utilizing information from Wikimedia.
- WikiProject India COVID-19 task force
- Wikipedia Weekly Network
- WikiProject COVID-19 Graphics
- Public Telegram group to discuss and coordinate efforts on the Wikimedia movement's response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Public Telegram group for members of the Wikimedia communities to gather and have fun
- Phabricator: COVID-19 tag
- Article: COVID-19 pandemic
- Article: COVID-19 pandemic by country and territory and related articles
- Article: Coronavirus disease 2019
- Article: Misinformation related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Article: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
- Article: Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Article: Timeline of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Article: Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on education
- Category: COVID-19 pandemic
- Template: COVID-19 pandemic
- WikiProject: English Wikipedia: COVID-19
- Portal: English Wikipedia: Coronavirus disease 2019
- Artikkeli: 2019–2020 coronavirus pandemic (englanniksi)
Utilizing Wikimedia data
- Google's map of confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Utilizing English Wikipedia's 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic article
Wikimedia Foundationin viestit
24. maaliskuuta 2020 mennessä Wikimedia Foundation on julkisesti jakanut nämä viestit koskien COVID-19-pandemiaa:
- 24 March 2020: Update on Wikimedia conference grants
- 18. maaliskuuta 2020: Postponing Wikimania Bangkok until 2021
- 15. maaliskuuta 2020: People First: Wikimedia’s Response to COVID-19
- 14. maaliskuuta 2020: Lightening the load and preparing for the future
- 12. maaliskuuta 2020: Wikimedia Foundation Grants for public events
- 12. maaliskuuta 2020: Joint Statement of the ESEAP Wikimania Organizing Team and Wikimania Steering Committee on COVID-19
- 6. maaliskuuta 2020: Wikimedia Foundation will close San Francisco office and encourage remote work for March 2020 amidst COVID-19 concerns
- Education team's response to COVID-19
- Wikimedia Foundation joins the Education Global Coalition
Information from movement affiliates and organized groups
Please post any announcements or information from Wikimedia movement affiliates or recognized groups.
- West Bengal Wikimedians User Group: All offline activities and projects organized and/or supported by the user group were suspended, effective from March 13, 2020 until September 15, 2020 (or until further notice).
- Wikimedia Bangladesh: To prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the health and safety of the members of the Wikimedia community, all offline activities (meetups, workshops, seminars) and in-person public events related to Wikimedia Bangladesh and its sub-regional communities have been suspended until further notice, effective from March 14, 2020. Simultaneously, the Bangla Wikipedia Annual Conference which was scheduled next April has been canceled.
- Hong Kong: All offline activities and projects organized by the user group were suspended, effective from 3 February, 2020 until further notice. Supported activities would be under discretion of the organizer. WikiEDU in HK is unaffected. Local organizers will contact respective organizations for updates related to WikiEDU in HK.
- Wikimedia España: All offline activities, including our annual assembly, are cancelled or postponed from 10 March 2020 until further notice, due to COVID-19 crisis in Spain. Volunteers, staff and broader community are encouraged to stay home, take care of themselves and edit Wikipedia or any of their sister projects through this Wikipedia page.
- Wikimedians of the Levant: All offline activities are suspended effectively from 20 March 2020 and until further notice. Editing workshops will be conducted online, while Education Program celebrations will be reduced to certificiate awards. The Annual Grant Plan will be revised in March through April to accommodate funding that is more relevant to the current circumstances (e.g. internet stipends). Online meetings will be held regularly on a monthly basis.
- Wikimedia Norge: Wikimedia Norge cancelled all travels, events and physical meetings effective from 12 March 2020. Online wiki meetups for volunteers will be held monthly. Wikimedia Norge’s employees will work from home for as long as Norwegian health authorities recommend it.
- Wikimédia France: All offline activities and projects organized and/or supported by the chapter are suspended until September 15, 2020.
We encourage you to use this page's talk page to discuss what you and your affiliate or organized group needs during this time. Information on potential assistance for needs identified in those discussions will be shared here.
Usein kysytyt kysymykset
Miten tämä koskettaa Wikimaniaa?
Wikimania Bangkok on lykätty vuoteen 2021. Hotelli ja tapahtumapaikka pysyvät samana. Vuoden 2020 Wikimania-tapahtuman isännät eivät aio järjestää virtuaalista online-tapahtumaa.
Mitä sisältyy julkisten tapahtumien ja konferenssien peruuttamiseen?
The Wikimedia Foundation is instructing all grant recipients to cancel or postpone any in-person events scheduled between now and 15 September 2020. That includes any funded event such as hackathons, editathons, trainings, or presentations which will bring together in-person any number of individuals at one time. It does not include online events where individuals are participating remotely and in separate spaces from each other.
Are there recommendations extending beyond grant recipients?
The Wikimedia Foundation encourages everyone in the Wikimedia movement to consider how their planned activities, especially events, may impact the potential spread of COVID-19. While we are requiring that grant funds not be used for these events, we are strongly encouraging all affiliates and organized groups to similarly cancel or postpone any events they have scheduled between now and 15 September 2020 until the World Health Organization declares the COVID-19 pandemic over.
Entä suunnitellut Wikimedia Foundationin tapahtumat?
All Wikimedia Foundation travel has been suspended until at least 1 June 2020. All events, off-sites, and in-person gatherings scheduled before 15 September 2020 for Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors, Board, and fundraising have been postponed or cancelled.
What is happening with the Wikimedia Foundation's current programs and plans?
The Wikimedia Foundation Leadership Team is reviewing all work for the Wikimedia Foundation and attempting to postpone or put on hold all non-essential work pending further assessment of the situation. We are aware that the needs and obligations of the Foundation may shift dramatically in the coming weeks and potentially months. We are taking this step in order to free up capacity and provide the necessary flexibility to address whatever demands may arise and ensure the public has access to the knowledge that can help everyone in these uncertain times. We are not abandoning any longterm commitments or goals. We will return to them and adjust our timelines accordingly as soon as the current situation allows.
How will the Wikimedia Foundation working 20 hours a week work?
We are only asking people to commit to working 50 percent of their normal hours. This is not a holiday. If people are able to work more normal hours, our mission needs them. But we are not tracking their time. We trust that people will give the time they can.
Why? We knew schools would be closing around the world, and a childcare stipend will not help when caregivers are unable to leave their homes. It is unreasonable and unrealistic to expect someone to be fully present, eight hours a day, when they have a three-year-old with crayons drawing on the wall, or an elderly parent who needs help navigating the stairs. We all have loved ones who need care, groceries that need purchasing, doctor’s appointments to keep, neighbors who need a phone call. And you know what? We trust our colleagues. People will work when they can, and when they can not, we trust they will be right.
Miten Wikimedia Foundation tällä hetkellä tukee yhteisöään?
In addition to providing support to our affiliates and organized groups receiving grant funding, we are also looking at ways we can support the additional online coordination which may be required to supplement our usual in-person efforts.
The work of the Wikimedia movement is perhaps more important now than ever before. However, our full potential in supporting the world during this time can only be achieved and maintained by a healthy and vibrant community. That will not happen if we do not all take into consideration what is necessary to support both ourselves and each other as individuals. While this good faith approach to communal support has always been a goal of our movement, the current circumstances require us all to make an even more intentional effort at self and community care.
What is the Wikimedia Foundation currently doing to support its staff and contractors?
The Wikimedia Foundation takes the responsibility of care for its over 375 staff and contractors very seriously. It has been a core value of the organization since our founding over fifteen years ago. Additionally, as an organization we have a responsibility to keep Wikipedia online and available for the world, especially in moments of crisis. A world that is changing requires changing how we work. In order to care for our staff and contractors as well as adapt to change as needed in the weeks and months ahead, we have taken a series of steps:
- We are accepting that we must adapt to evolving circumstances. The old normal is gone, and trying to make reality conform to last week or last month is not helpful or productive. We are filing away our careful annual planning, OKRs, and roadmaps. Trying to keep up with them is a recipe for stress and uncertainty, none of which help right now.
- We are focusing on the most mission-critical work. Wikipedia is a website, but Wikimedia is a community. There’s a saying, “come for the articles, stay for the people.” We thrive on meeting in person, haggling over our future, hugging it out, and closing down every social venue in sight. We have cancelled all near-term, in-person gatherings until WHO declares this pandemic over. These were painful decisions, but essential for public health and to give everyone certainty and clarity. No need to worry if that Hyderabad summit will be on in four months, and what visa needs people might have — we can all focus on more immediate concerns.
- Suojaamme terveyttämme. Säätiö on ollut hajautettu organisaatio vuosien ajan; 70 prosenttia kollegoistamme työskentelee San Franciscossa sijaitsevan pääkonttorimme ulkopuolella. Heti kun meille tuli tieto yhteisössä leviämisestä Kaliforniassa, otimme täyteen käyttöön kotona työskentely -protokollan. Meidän Washingtonin toimistolla sama tehtiin viikkoa myöhemmin. Tavoitteenamme oli vähentää henkilöstön altistumista taudille ja parantaa terveysvaikutuksia yhteisöissä, joissa työskentelemme ja asumme.
- We are lightening the load. Work is not the only thing on people’s minds right now. Their families, their bills, childcare and school closures, the economy… we are all trying to manage a lot. We want to reduce the cognitive strain on our colleagues so that people could take care of themselves and stay healthy. To do that:
- We are guaranteeing all contract and hourly workers full compensation for planned hours worked.
- We are waiving all sick days, so staff do not have to count or use PTO.
- We have moved to a halftime work expectation.
Kuinka kauan Wikimedia Foundationin toimistot pidetään kiinni?
Wikimedia Foundation's San Francisco and Washington, DC offices are closed through at least 30 June 2020. We will be reviewing that decision towards the end of June and determining then if it should be extended.
How long will the Wikimedia Foundation's travel be suspended?
The Wikimedia Foundation has suspended all travel until at least 1 June 2020. We will be reviewing that decision at the end of May and determining then if it should be extended.
- "Wikimedia Foundation Grants for public events", 12 March 2020
- "Postponing Wikimania Bangkok until 2021", 18 March 2020
- "Lightening the load and preparing for the future" (e-mail to all Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors), 14 March 2020
- Announcement on community mailing list of Indian Wikimedians, 13 March 2020
- Ilmoitus Wikimedia Bangladeshin blogissa 15. maaliskuuta 2020
- Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong Facebook announcement, 3 February 2020
- Announcement on Wikimedia España blog, 13 March 2020
- Announcement and activity changes on Wikimedia Levant mailing list.
- Announcement on Wikimedia Norge blog, 12 March 2020