Diversidade de Idiomas da Wikimédia
A project to support indigenous, minority, marginalized, less-resourced and other underrepresented language communities to have access to their at-risk knowledge
Wikimedia Línguas Indígenas (em inglês: WIL Wikimedia Indigenous Languages) é um corpo de coordinação para a promoção e desenvolvimento das línguas indígenas em projetos Wikimedia.
Wikimedia Línguas indígenas tem a visão para ver soma do conhecimento ao alcance de todos em seus próprios idiomas e compartilhar o conhecimento dessas mesmas línguas. Ele irá atingir aquele por:
- Atinginar as expectativas em línguas indígenas para projetos de desenvolvimento em linguagens Wikimedia nativa.
- Estabelecer uma cooperação de trabalho com organizações externas envolvidas na promoção das línguas indígenas.
- Criação e expansão de projetos da Wikimedia em todas as línguas indígenas do mundo.
Wikimedia Language Diversity's vision is to see the sum of the knowledge available to everybody in their own languages and to share the knowledge of those languages themselves. It will achieve that by:
- reaching out to indigenous language speakers with the goal of developing Wikimedia projects in their languages
- establishing working cooperation with like-minded projects and organizations involved in the promotion, revitalization and/or recording of indigenous languages
- sharing experiences and providing feedback to one another with a view to inspiring and enriching each others' events and programs
- creating and expanding Wikimedia projects in all indigenous languages
- supporting Wikilang as a project to document all languages
- acting together to voice common concerns and interests inside the Wikimedia movement
- a strong commitment to the advancement of minority languages and diversity within Wikimedia
Para o propósito deste projeto, "línguas indígenas" são o vernáculo ou indígena a uma região e falada por povos indígenas, que desapareceram em um status baixo, porque eles são os idiomas de comunidades minoritárias, sem desenvolvimento tecnológico. Seus sinônimos são "línguas pequenas", "marginalizados línguas" ou "línguas nativas" em algumas regiões também são chamados de "línguas nativas". Wikimedia concentra Línguas Indígenas em línguas e status de transmissão poeen projetos Wikimedia.
For the purpose of this project, an "indigenous language" is a language that is native, or aboriginal to a region and spoken by indigenous people, but has been reduced to the status of a minority language. In some instances, this may include an island of speakers removed from their language communities by trauma and diaspora. Synonyms are "small languages", "endangered languages", "lesser-used languages", "minority languages", and "autochthonous languages"; some regions also use "aboriginal languages". Wikimedia Language Diversity focuses on languages and language communities facing the challenges and hurdles inherent to minority languages, related to corpus development, technical resources, sociolinguistic status, and/or lack of official recognition.
The status of these languages and language communities in Wikimedia may vary greatly from one case to the other, ranging from the most under-represented to those more developed and ranking on the middle-upper end of Wikimedia projects overall. All share a feeling of treading common ground from their lesser-used status, aspiring to both make universal knowledge available to everyone and local knowledge become universal, in close connection with each language's community.
Por que é importante?
Languages are the pillars of cultures and the vehicles of oral traditions. They are an essential part of people's identities and an important heritage to preserve. Each language is a unique way of thinking and structuring a view of the world. Each loss of a language represents the loss of centuries-old knowledge, heritage, and history for ever. Cultures are greatly weakened by the loss of their languages and often vanish with it or soon after.
According to UNESCO, 43% of the languages spoken in the world today are vulnerable or in danger of extinction. A language becomes vulnerable when its youth no longer learns it.
O papel das línguas indígenas em Wikimedia é apoiar e encorajar os esforços de projetos específicos para o desenvolvimento dos projetos da Wikimedia em línguas minoritárias e ameaçadas de extinção. Ele servirá como um organismo internacional para coletar e compartilhar as melhores práticas, lições aprendidas e metodologia para o desenvolvimento de pequenos projectos de línguas Wikimedia e preservar as línguas em extinção. Nós também oferecemos apoio para aqueles interessados em desenvolver novas iniciativas e projetos. Também se tornou o ponto focal para o estabelecimento de cooperação com outras organizações que trabalham para os mesmos objetivos e procurar ativamente essas oportunidades de cooperação.
The role of Wikimedia Language Diversity is to support and encourage efforts to develop specific Wikimedia projects in small and endangered languages. It will serve as an international body to collect and share best practices, lessons learned, and methodology for developing small-languages Wikimedia projects and empowering endangered languages. It will offer support to people interested in developing initiatives and new projects. It will become the point of contact to set up cooperation with other organizations working towards the same goals, and it will actively seek such cooperation opportunities.
Many lesser-used languages operate at a regional level, often relying on a lingua franca for communication and a referential larger culture; it is the aim of this resource to establish common bonds, as well as cooperation, beyond these areas. Becoming a meeting point opens the opportunity to provide and receive assistance and feedback to learn from each other's experiences with events, programmes and/or helpful technical inventions, and to use information as a way to showcase one's own initiatives. The main language of communication is English, but any other languages are welcome; the goal is to make news and messages as communicative and far-reaching as possible.
- African languages
- Canadian Aboriginal Languages Wikipedia Coordination
- Cooperation between Wikimedia and Endangered Languages Project
- Javanese Language Wikipedia Revitalization Project 2012-2013
- v:LangCamp 2012 langcamp.org
- Missing Wikipedias
- Mobile audio upload app
- Noongarpedia (South-west Australia)
- Atikamekw knowledge, culture and language in Wikimedia projects
- Promoting the South Asian languages projects
- Promoting the Southeast Asian languages projects
- Sámi knowledge on Wikimedia projects
- Small Languages Outreach Wikiproject
- Sundanese language Wikipedia Revitalization Project
- Teamwork of projects in languages with singular status
- Wikimedia Australia/Activities/Aboriginal Language Wikipedia
- Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group (WikiNAIL)
- Wikimedia México/Lenguas de México (espanhol)
- Wikiproyectos en lenguas originarias de Venezuela (espanhol)
- Encuentro de Activistas Digitales de Lenguas Indígenas 2015 - Report
- Wikipedia WikiProject Endangered Languages
- English WikiProject Native Languages of California
- Wikipedias in the languages of Russia - Малые разделы Википедии на языках России (Project in Russian Wikipedia)
- Minority Translate, an app working to simplify translation work for small Wikipedias
- Encuentro Regional de Lenguas Indígenas Cauca 2017
- Oral knowledge
- WikiProject Saami
- Site virtual: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Indigenous_Languages or a short link https://w.wiki/7ME
- E-mail/Lista de e-mails email@example.com
- Página de discussão Talk:Wikimedia Language Diversity
- Canal IRC: #wikilang
- Facebook: Wikimedia Indigenous Languages on Facebook
- Telegram group:[n 1]: https://t.me/joinchat/EOHX3_N47Fzz_3ZR
- Próximo Encontro: A ser confirmado (ver Página de Discussão)
- Último encontro: September 16th (read minutes).
Please add your name to the list (by clicking here) if you are interested in participating in Wikimedia Language Diversity or one of its projects. You are also welcome to join the Wikimedia languages mailing list which is also be used by WIL.
- Gozaimasu Stone (Australia)
- Bpangerang (Australia)
- Amqui (Canada)
- Ebe123 (Incubator, Canada)
- SPQRobin (Incubator/LangCom)
- MF-Warburg (Incubator/LangCom)
- Hydriz (Incubator, can help with Southeast Asia's languages)
- B1mbo (Chile and Argentina)
- Maor X (LangCom; WMVE, WMIL)
- Fhaidel (WMVE)
- ✒ Bennylin (I started the Southeast Asia project and currently active in Javanese projects, working with ꦲꦏ꧀ꦱꦫꦗꦮ)
- jduranboger/mallku (Bolivia)
- Kaiyr (Former USSR)
- A12n (with particular interest in: African languages; dominant themes across world regions; learning & best practices)
- Jon Harald Søby (LangCom, Wikimedia Norge)
- Pras (Javanese Wikipedia)
- Wilfredor (Maracaibo, Venezuela)
- Soul Train (Moscow, Russia)
- Baba Tabita (LangCom; WMKE)
- grrr... (from Madagascar).
- Millosh (LangCom, Wikimedia Serbia)
- HalanTul (Nikolai Pavlov) (Sakha, Russia)
- SereinWMfr (Adrienne Alix), (Wikimédia France)
- KSRolph (talk) 15:32, 5 September 2012 (UTC) Americas' languages - Peru
- Tadiranscopus (Turkey), (Azerbaycan)
- Holder (with particular interest in small languages in Europe)
- Alolitas (WMF Internationalization engineering team; Language Committee Observer; Interest in building tools for reading and writing in indigenous languages)
- Hendra Prastiawan (Committee Trainer at Wikimedia Indonesia, Indonesian Wikipedia)
- Richard Symonds (WMUK) (talk) (Wikimedia UK)
- Anna Paparizou (Athens, Greece)
- Tanvir Rahman
- Paola Granado Bolivia
- A R King (Basque (Spain, France); Pipil/Nawat (El Salvador); interest in other minority languages; see especially the Nawat Wikipedia)
- Kanon6996 (Lima, Peru)
- John Vandenberg (Australia; Indonesia)
- Ansuman (India)
- Awkiku (France ; Ecuador), French native speaker, contributing to the Wikipedia in kichwa language on the incubator.
- Eukesh (Nepal) Nepalbhasa native speaker.
- Rajesh Deoli(India) Garhwali language
- With Wikimedia Cascadia I support efforts to preserve indigenous languages in the Pacific Northwest. I also work with linguistic research organizations in Uttar Pradesh in India. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:32, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
- Carliitaeliza currently working on Meta Babylon:Translate
- Cekli829 (Sumqayıt, Azərbaycan)
- Yupik (bureaucrat on the Northern Saami Wikipedia)
- Xuacu (Spain) Translation in Asturian language of Mediawiki and Meta messages
- Francis Tyers (talk) (Europe, the former Soviet Union and Latin America)
- --Netha Hussain (talk) 16:41, 16 August 2013 (UTC) (India)
- Enock4seth (Member of Planning Wikimedia Ghana from Ghana improving Eυe Wikipedia)
- Neljack (Aotearoa/New Zealand)
- Subhashish Panigrahi (Odisha, India)
- Guaka (talk), started and helped developing Wikipedia in Bambara, Peul and Limburgish, also worked a little bit on Quechua. Interested in indigenous languages across the world.
- Kaganer (Russia)
- — revimsg (Korean, Jeju - though I don't know jeju.)
- Pgallert (Namibia)
- Gloria sah (Emilia-Romagna, Italy)
- Diana rz (México)
- frhdkazan (Kazan, Tatarstan, Russian Federation)
- Satdeep Gill (Patiala, Punjab, India)
- Pusle8 (developing an application to assist article translation with a focus on smaller languages Minority Translate, gathering practical knowledge on language revitalization)
- Jaqi-Aru (Aymara nation
- Benoit Rochon (Canada)
- Kiackw (Germany, can help with projects in Francophone, Lusophone [Portuguese], Anglophone and Germanophone countries)
- Sahaquiel9102, interested in the develop of Wikimedian projects in Colombia.
- Michael junior obregon pozo ,intereses in the develop of Wikimedia project in Peru.
- Deborahjay, helping on the Zulu WP, somewhat on the Ladino WP
- R12ntech (talk), assisting with Lakota Wikipedia (in Incubator) and Cherokee Wikipedia, curating writing on tech and LR at r12n
- Gutemonik, I'm linguist I am interested in leading projects for the inclusion of languages spoken in Central and South America.
- marcmiquel, I am interested in Wikimedia Indigenous Languages as it shares a common interest with the project Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory (Catalonia)
- Erzianj jurnalist (Andrey Petrov) (Erzya, Russian Federation)
- The Living love (Hausa, Nigeria)
- Tofeiku (Wiktionary, Borneo)
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (Baripada, Odisha, India)
- Filipinayzd (Philippines)
- Reda Kerbouche (talk) 14:31, 22 August 2019 (UTC) (Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group, Algeria)
- ShiminUfesoj 14:36, 22 August 2019 (UTC) (Philwiki Community, Philippines)
- Reda benkhadra (talk) 02:57, 23 August 2019 (UTC) (Morocco)
- Vahidmasrour (talk) 04:12, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
- Gnangarra Nyungar, and 300+ Indigenous Australians languages yet to be covered
- Manik Soren (Bangladesh)
- Elwin Huaman (Runasimi or Quechua)
- NinjaStrikers (Myanmar aka Burma)
- Ilham.nurwansah (talk) 03:53, 2 September 2019 (UTC) (Sundanese - West Java, Indonesia)
- John Samuel
- Llywelyn2000 (talk) 15:50, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Born2bgratis (talk) 02:08, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
- Premeditated (talk) 15:07, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- Millars (Spain)
- David Wadie Fisher-Freberg (talk) 06:18, 20 June 2020 (UTC)
- NathGué (talk) 15:59, 19 November 2020 (UTC)]] (Canada)
- User:Psubhashish (India)
- Tiputini (talk) 17:40, 20 February 2021 (UTC)(catalan)
- Because the Telegram group is set to private (in order to avoid spam), this is a temporary invitation link. Please post a message on the talk page if the link is broken!