Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group
The Tamazight User group, is a group who works on projects and contents in Tamazight language and of the Amazigh culture.
Tamazight is a set of languages derived from Numidian language, also known as Old Libyan. They form a branch of the family of Chamito-Semitic languages (or Afro-Asiatic, or Afrasian) and cover a large geographical area: North Africa from Morocco to Egypt, via Algeria, Tunisia and Libya, as well as the Sahara and part of the West African Sahel, with many speakers in Mali and Niger.
Tamazight is written, from the middle of the first millennium BC, using the Tifinagh alphabet. Since the beginning of the twentieth century, Tamazight has mostly been written using the Latin alphabet or Arabic alphabet, although Tuareg still use Tifinagh.
- Promote the use of Wikimedia projects by Tamazight speakers.
- Help Tamazight speakers learn how to edit Wikimedia projects.
- Organize gatherings of Tamazight speaking Wikipedians.
- Create Tamazight Language Education Programs.
- Put more data in Tamazight.
- Make partnerships (photo or edit-a-thon contests, etc.) with the local chapters of the countries where Tamazight speakers exist, and with Tamazight or Amazigh associations.
- All meetings reports are published on the specified Meta page.
- note: you want to do an activity contact before email@example.com
- Keeping events safe
- Edit-a-thons for Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikisource, and Wikidata.
- Promote editing of Tamazight content on Wikimedia projects.
- Trainings around Tamazight on how to edit Wikimedia projects.
- Taken photos around the Amazigh culture and historical places and lifestyle.
- 2007, request & Creation of Wikipedia taqbailit
- 2007, Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Kabyle
- 2015, Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Tacawit
- 2016, Beginnings of creation of the Tacawit language in the French Wiktionary.
- 2016, Beginning of the translation of the Wikimedia interface in tacawit and tachelhit language.
- 2017/2018, november, Organization of a workshop on the Wiktionary in tacawit language in Batna, Algeria.
- 2017 , July, workshop Wiktionary in tacawit language in Montréal (library Saint-Michel)
- 2017 , July, workshop Wiktionary in tacawit language in Montréal (BAnQ)
- 2017, August, workshop Wiktionary in tacawit language in Montréal since Wikimania (BAnQ)
- 2017, August, workshop Wikidata /infobox, Kabyle language in Montréal since Wikimania
- 2018, March, workshop Wiktionary in tacawit language in Montréal since the month of contribution (francophonie).
- 2017/2018, Record pronunciation of tacawit language in the French Wiktionary.
- 2018, Requests for new languages/Wikidata Tacawit
- 2018, 1st, Statistics of French wiktionary on the tacawit language at the Wikiindaba Conference in Tunis.
- 2018, Wikimania Cape Town, presentation of The African's Wikipedia (Kabyle, Darija, and Tacawit Wiktionary) and the Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group by Emna Mizouni
- 2018, Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group, do presentation of the Tacawit projects. by Ahmed Houamel
- 26 july 2018: Internet Workshop (how to contribute in the Wiktionary).
- 30 july 2018: Wiktionaty workgroup.
- 1 august 2018: Weekly video meeting.
- 8 august 2018: Wiktionaty workgroup.
- 9 august 2018: Weekly video meeting.
- 16 august 2018: Wiktionary workgroup.
- 17 august 2018: Content Production in incubator and Wiktionary.
- 24 august 2018: Weekly video meeting.
- 30 august 2018: Weekly video meeting.
- 1 September 2018: Workshop in Montreal.
- 2 September 2018: Start the MOOC of the Tacawit Wiktionary.
- Octobre presentation Reda Kerbouche at Wikiconvention Francophone 2018 at Grenoble in France
- 17 august 2019: Panel Wikimania Stocholm Minority Languages in Africa ex:Tacawit language, Darija & other Tamazight languages (ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ).
- 7 september 2019: WikiconFr Bruxelles, presentation Including minority languages in Wikimedia projects, a strategic approach to teach.
- Wikiarabia, October 2019,Marrakesh, Morroco, Workshop learning Tifinagh , by Abdellah Bouzandag
- 8 november 2019 Workshop Wiktionary Kabyle language and Tatoeba Shawiya language in Montreal, by Muḥend Belqasem
- 15 november 2019 Workshop Wiktionary, Lingualibre Shawiya language in Montreal, by Ahmed Houamel.
2020 Covid context
- 29 august 2020, Workshop live about Wikasegzawal Tacawit and Edit-a-thon online , Zinou will presenting Workshop about Wikipedia, online to. Three Wikimedians Reda Kerbouche, Zinou Yahaoui and Ahmed Houamel will be online , more details: Tacawit awal/2020.
- 25-31 2020 Contact and Discussion (online and phone) about strategy 2030 Ahmed, Zinou, Fahed, Anass, Idhurar, Reda) last octobre.
- 31 october 2020, participate to liveStreaming about strategy 2030, organizer by Wikifranca
- november, ..., WikiKsour Zinou Yahaoui , photos on commons, project
- 29 november meeting SWAN Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network
- 1 december , meeting Strategy with WikiFranca
- 6 december , meeting about strategy Global Conversation Ahmed Houaumel will be present
- 7 december, presentation by Ahmed Houamel, Importance of digital, case of Wiktionary and Lingualibre, Wiktionary chaoui, online event Rêvons la Casbah, organized by Association Arts et Patrimoine d’Alger, Event online.
2021 January : Celebration Wikipédia 20 years, Reda Kerbouche lunch video At this event, we have done a presentation about our project WikiMOOC in Tacawit, also about the history of the user group. In the last minutes of the first hour, we have shown a video from our community wishing happy birthday to Wikipedia.
- March and April Pictures from Minoterie narbonne Hussein Dey , Algiers by Selma Kasbadji, These files are a donation sent by its author to the Wikimdia project, via the Citizen Heritage Inventory platforms, during an event organized by this for-profit company, which works in the field of safeguarding tangible and intangible cultural heritage.
Organizer: Reda Kerbouche
- March 2021, Editahon since Mois de la contribution francophone , subject: Tamazight (culture) and Francophonie (culture) at Montreal east. Event Online
- June 2021 ContribuLing presentation by Reda Kerbouche
- Wikimania 2021 présentation by Ahmed Yahaoui and Reda Kerbouche. many members was online
- WikiArabia Algeria , online, since October , two presentations WikiKsour and Wiktionary
- WikiConvention fr, online, November 2021 , potage lingualibre Bot and tacawit Wiktionary
- WikiIndaba online, presentation, Bot lingualibre on Wiktionary Tacawit.
- Discussions and reorganization the group, election of board members , and The Office will be relocated in Canada because of the logistics is better from this country.
- Wikimania 2022
- Wikimedia Summit
- WikiArabia Dubai , presentation by members.
- WikiConvention francophone: only one presentation by Ahmed Houamel, Wiktionary.
- March and April project Wikimedia Commons Pictures from Timgad since 2022 , organizer by Ahmed Yahaoui
- Wikidata birthday 2022
Becoming a memberEdit
Any one can become a member of the Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group. To become a member, simply fill out and submit the online form.
Individuals or organizations who want to support Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group can also become collaborator members.
Please contact our membership team by email at Talk page if you have any further questions about becoming a member of Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group.
note: you want to do an activity contact before firstname.lastname@example.org
Designated Contacts for Wikimedia FoundationEdit
Interested in participatingEdit
- Reda Kerbouche
- Anass Sedrati
- Houamel Ahmed - Leader of the group, CANADA, August 2022
- Zakaria Mimouni
- Zinou Yahoui - Project Manager, August 2022
- Abderrahman Ait Ali
- Reda Benkhadra
- Kassem Mostapha Ghoul
- Tatiana Kerbush
- Fahed Kettal
- Afek Ben Chahed
- Houmidi Assia
- Driss Amjich
- Emna Mizouni
- Sami Mlouhi
- Houcemeddine Turki
- Mounir Touzri
- Richard Rezki
- Omar Bouffi
- Mehman Ibragimov
- Iván Hernández Cazorla
- Benslimane Louardi
- abdelkader Ben Djaafri
- Oldstoneage (talk) 14:16, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
- Aziz Chetara - Treasure of the group, CANADA, August 2022
- Abdelmadjid Lahmadi
Affiliations Committee ResolutionsEdit
Important : Wikimedia Tamzight does not host or edit Wikipedia or any of the other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation. The User group has no control over these sites or their content.