Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Kabyle
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Kabyle|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||kab (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Kabyle||Language name in English|
|Language name||Taqbaylit||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q150 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||dictionary 1, dictionary 2, dictionary 3||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikamawal||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Africa/Algeria||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Arguments in favourEdit
- Since there is already a request for a wikipedia in the kabyle language with more than 100 articles in its incubator phase in less than two months, I think it's a good idea to ask for a wikitionary in kabyle. There are about 7 millions of kabyles worldwide. —unsigned by Agurzil 02:11, 19 February 2007.
- The kabyle language is so rich and there about 7 millions habitants worldwide, so these are enough arguments for the Taqbaylit language to have its own wikitionary. By Aqbayli —unsigned by 184.108.40.206 02:47, 21 February 2007.
- Since there is already... Ok, the remaining words are the same as Agurzil's first sentences :-D I've noticed that there is a kabyle wikidictionary on Kabyle.com. Maybe we will collaborate together in order to fill the wiktionnary faster. Ayadho 09:03, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- We could you use some kind of bot to import all those words from kabyle.com.Agurzil 04:14, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
- I think that a kabyle wikitionary is indispensable (incontournable). Since the language of an encyclopedia is quite different from everyday language, rich in new and technical words, a dictionary containing the words used in the articles would be a great help for users who don't know many of these difficult words. --Vermondo 20:13, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
- A kabyle wikitionnary will help developping the kab.wikipedia Kabylpedia 08:10, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- I would like to learn more about the Kabylian language. Kaci
- Large enough audience for me. Mønobi 17:44, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- Thousands of articles are now published on Wikipedia. Kabyle speakers launched several online dictionaries with old tech systems, it's time to gather that work on Wiktionar - Belkacem
Agurzil, are there any interested contributors other than yourself? --Iamunknown 20:15, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- Me, within my possibilities. Ayadho 16:24, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- Then just add you're yousername to the list !! (Thanks for commenting, but except aqbayli all of you have forgotten to add their username at the top of the page) Agurzil 04:12, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
- What has happened to the purported kabyle wikidictionary. I tried to contribute some things there and put some Kabyle words on nl:wiktionary, but it seems this site has given up on wiki? Is there still an interest in a kabyle wikti or should we close the books on this one? nl:wikt:Gebruiker:Jcwf 220.127.116.11 20:01, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
SBrihmat : We should first have the link : [kab.Wiktionary.org/wiki/Wikimawal:Asebter_amenzawi] free to start
- Currently 48.27% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.39% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 12:57, 13 November 2008 (UTC)