Talk:Wikimedia user groups

(Redirected from Talk:Wikimedia User Groups)
Latest comment: 1 year ago by RamzyM in topic Recognize also translatewiki contributions

Some points


You can consider placing some time bound requirements to a User group, that a certain group has to be X time in existence, before seeking formal approval.

Also, you can use example like the groups already on Meta, even deletionist Wikipedians might qualify. Theo10011 (talk) 15:27, 30 June 2012 (UTC)Reply

Hi Theo, Thanks for the suggestion, we might incorporate the time requirement if the number of unsuccessful user groups spirals up. I am not sure that any of the groups on Meta would or would not qualify as examples, but if the deletionists do offline activities (at least meetups), they sure can apply. Best regards,--Bence (talk) 00:12, 3 July 2012 (UTC)Reply


"Bear in mind that you must have goals that echo those of the Wikimedia Foundation, and its activities should not stray from these tenets."

This sentence muddles goals and mission, and introduces the otherwise undefined term "tenets". "Tenets" are more often associated with the beliefs of a religious or philosophical organisation. Better might be, "Bear in mind that you must have goals that are compatible with the mission of the Wikimedia Foundation, and your activities should be consistent with that." Eclecticology (talk) 23:51, 6 August 2012 (UTC)Reply

ChapCom = AffCom, 1 User Group


The page still says ChapCom instead of AffCom several times. And: Which is the one user group already exsisting? Thanks! :) --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 16:53, 21 September 2012 (UTC)Reply

Thanks Nicole, good catch! The Chapcom has just recently been renamed, but I updated the page. There are currently no "recognized" user groups, I know of two being planned, the Munich meetup group and the Chinese group listed on the page. Best, --Bence (talk) 17:04, 21 September 2012 (UTC)Reply
Thanks, Bence, that was fast! :) I am preparing a page on DE WP to inform the community about the chance of having their groups officially recognised and was wondering what this 1 already recognised group was. Cheers, --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 17:16, 21 September 2012 (UTC)Reply
Cool! Let me know if anything is unclear or confusing, so we can make it better. --Bence (talk) 17:19, 21 September 2012 (UTC)Reply

Why become a WUG ?



From time to time, I followed the pages about the WUGs ; there is still a big question : « why apply to become a WUG » ?

Since september 2008, the NCO (Non-cabale de l’Ouest roughly translatable in « non-Cabale of the West [of France] ») is de facto a WUG. We are a bunch of wikimedian who meet every tuesday and some over days in Rennes and some over cities and who do some projects (see the Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report 2010-11 or the Wikimedia France reports for instance). In brief, we meet nearly all the Requirements for future user groups (except we don't have a structure, aside as an informal subgroup of Wikimedia France). But why take the Step 4: Apply for recognition ? What could be the benefit ? (beside « using the Wikimedia trademarks and to get grants »). I think the pages should be more explicit/precise.

Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 13:12, 27 September 2012 (UTC)Reply

Hi Vigneron,
I think the main benefit for a user group is greater recognition, which would allow them to be more effective locally (it is easier to approach someone if you are officially supported by the Wikimedia movement, as opposed to being a random editor). This benefit is definitely larger, and more important in countries where there is currently no chapter that can provide the institutional background, trust and resources.
Being a WUG is optional, there are no institutional drawbacks from not being one (individuals can also request grants and trademark agreements) apart from the international recognition, therefore it is really up to each group to decide if being a WUG would be beneficial to them even if only at a symbolic level.
Best, --Bence (talk) 09:25, 29 September 2012 (UTC)Reply

Naming of Wikimedia User Groups


Hi all,

I wanted to bring to your attention a discussion here on Meta on the way thematic organizations are named, which could end up being a basis for a similar naming guide for user groups. Given that the proposal would affect user groups, please let us know your thoughts on the matter at that page.

Thank you. –Bence (talk) (AffCom) 12:46, 23 November 2012 (UTC)Reply

Signing agreements


I've specified "incorporated user group" in "The group should have a contact person" because I doubt unincorporated things can sign anything. I don't know if incorporated entities can not have a contact person/legal representative, so I guess this is mainly about providing a document? The section would use some clarification. --Nemo 15:33, 8 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

In case of unincorporated groups a responsible person has to sign the agreement in the name of the group. I've reverted your edit. Best, --Bence (talk) 16:10, 8 December 2012 (UTC)Reply
To clarify a bit, I believe the Foundation is happy to sign trademark agreements with individuals, but even when it signs agreements with incorporated entities, nowadays, they tend to ask for a photo ID. –Bence (talk) 16:15, 8 December 2012 (UTC)Reply
I've no idea how agreements with an individual can extend beyond that individual, but thanks for the clarification and the revert. That passage still needs to be rewritten because it's very hard to understand. --Nemo 17:42, 9 December 2012 (UTC)Reply
It needs a bit of trust and the person in question to take responsibility for the group's actions. I've tried to clarify that paragraph a bit, let me know if it is better. –Bence (talk) 19:16, 12 December 2012 (UTC)Reply
Yes, it's better. I've also split the single contact and identification bits in two paragraphs, because mixing them up was confusing. Thanks, Nemo 23:02, 14 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

MD SHAKIL MOLLA Smartvisadevoloper (talk) 07:41, 8 January 2019 (UTC)Reply


Existing user groups, both legally incorporated (dark blue) and unincorporated (dark turquoise), planned user groups (green), and user groups in discussion (light blue) as of September 1, 2012.

I don't think the map (BlankMap-World.svg nonetheless) is useful for the page that only have two groups currently, one of which are not geographical based group. Bennylin 12:47, 22 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

Good point, I removed the map until there is someone who comes up with a better (not blank) way to represent the groups. –Bence (talk) 14:04, 22 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Ghana


Why was Wikimedia Ghana converted to a User Group and not a proposed Chapter? Abbasjnr (talk) 07:04, 5 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi Abbas, As far as I know it was to do with the size of the group. To start a chapter, one needs about 20-25 people, and when it takes a long time to gather such a community it might be a good idea to gain recognition as a user group first (which only needs 3 people) so the group can start supporting WM projects and work on further expanding in size. –Bence (talk) 10:07, 5 April 2013 (UTC)Reply
Thanks Abbasjnr (talk) 10:27, 8 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

Propose requesting a secondary contact


I suggest that all groups should have a primary contact and a secondary contact. People can leave the project, sometimes abruptly, which could be voluntary, or not so voluntary in the case of death or serious illness. While it may not be hard, in the case of established groups, to find someone else, this process sounds terribly ad hoc, so it would be better to simply request a secondary contact. (I attended an organizational meeting of Wikimedia New England yesterday. I think I heard someone mention that two names were needed to sign some documents, so perhaps this is already a de facto requirement, but if so, the requirements and the summary of contacts should be updated to mention the need for a second name, as well as adding the second name to the tables.)--Sphilbrick (talk) 13:27, 21 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi Sphilbrick,
Thanks for the suggestion we have relied on the same reasoning and that is why we require two people to sign the user group contract (and those two people will be the de facto people on record), and also that the group have information pages on wiki, where they could be contacted if the contactpeople on record do not respond (and frankly, if nobody watches those pages at least once a year to provide an update on their activities, than the group's recognition will not be extended). AffCom is having a meeting during Wikimania where I am hoping we can work a bit on synchronizing the written requirements with any de facto additions that have developed in the last year and update these pages: your suggestion to amend the text will be considered.
Thank you, --Bence (talk) 12:20, 22 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Agreement not signed?


Wikimedians in Nepal is marked as Pending signature of user group agreement. We are not asked to sign any documents so far. Why is it pending by the way? --Ganesh Paudel (talk) 09:18, 1 August 2013 (UTC)Reply

Meetups framed as fundamental?


I'm uneasy about the fundamental prominence given to physical meetups in the opening definition of user groups: "Wikimedia user groups are groups of Wikimedia users who support and promote the Wikimedia projects in the offline world by organizing meetups and other projects." (my highlighting)

It might well apply to user groups that are closely defined by geography (e.g. Wikimedia Melbourne GLAM User Group, Hong Kong user group); but this type of user group is and will be only a proportion of them. Foregrounding the organisation of physical meetups so fundamentally seems inappropriate for such groups as Wikimedia Traditional Chinese Medicine User Group, or Arabic-speaking Women's User Group. One hopes that user groups will involve Wikimedians in themes that bring together Wikimedians who are dispersed over large (in some cases, huge) geographical areas; their work would need to be ongoing to have impact, not conceived around meetups. Tony (talk) 15:34, 3 June 2014 (UTC)Reply

Name should be standard?


I was exploring meta and I've realized that Category:Wikimedia User Groups contains pages with very different names. We have for example:

Some are redirects, but in any case this sounds a little bit caotic. I can understand that groups may have different names originally, but should't we try if possible to be more consistent with the title? Exploring meta is not very easy, you really don't understand we you find these differences if there's a good reason or it is just lack of coordination.--Alexmar983 (talk) 17:25, 18 February 2015 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Community User Group Nigeria



I applied for the recognition of the above user group for Nigerian Wikimedians. Since the application, I've not received any information regarding its approval. Can anyone help? Wikicology (talk) 15:34, 10 September 2015 (UTC)Reply


Kindly change the logo Philippine Wikimedia Community User Group. Thank you.

Logo of Philippine Wikimedia Community User Group

--Filipinayzd (talk) 02:24, 7 November 2015 (UTC)Reply

@Filipinayzd: Is it available in a transparent version? Ideally in SVG or PNG format. --Varnent (talk)(COI) 21:27, 12 November 2015 (UTC)Reply
Hi. This is the only format we have. However if anyone can reformat the file into SVG or PNG that would be great. --Filipinayzd (talk) 17:05, 13 November 2015 (UTC)Reply
@Filipinayzd: Here you go: File:PhilWiki Community logo.png. --Varnent (talk)(COI) 07:45, 18 November 2015 (UTC)Reply
Thnks a lot! -Filipinayzd (talk) 00:37, 25 November 2015 (UTC)Reply

Логотип Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group


В логотипе Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group неправильно указан код башкирского языка. Необходимо указать BA. BAK - это код баского языка. --Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 18:00, 18 November 2015 (UTC)Reply

Я извиняюсь. Что такое код для башкир? --Varnent (talk)(COI) 19:13, 18 November 2015 (UTC)Reply
А можно линк на обсуждаемое лого? --Base (talk) 23:00, 18 November 2015 (UTC)Reply

Logo of Wikimedians of Uzbekistan Community


Hi! Can somebody update our logo to this one? Thanks in advance! --Ochilov (talk) 16:42, 24 March 2016 (UTC)Reply



I will attend the Wikimania 2016, takes place in Italia. Is there any body here to share your experienment face to face with me?--Cheers! (talk) 08:56, 31 May 2016 (UTC)Reply

Republika Srpska is not a Republic


This user group is called "Republic of Srpska" but Dayton Accords, which are written and signed in English only, clearly name it Republika Srpska not Republic of Srpska. The incorrect name is used for political purposes by some, in order to forge international legal status to this part of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Wikimedia should not be a place where identities of legal persons are faked for political gain. The group should be renamed. 10:41, 25 June 2016 (UTC)Reply

Is somebody going to rename this article? 10:57, 13 July 2016 (UTC)Reply



hi to alls, I'm a Deaf Sicilian.. I've a query on a group Deaf Wikimedians, but I think that it is inactive for quite some time.. is correct?? --SurdusVII 12:17, 26 June 2016 (UTC)Reply

Wikiversity Journal User Group omitted from list


Hi. Wikiversity Journal User Group was approved a while ago, but I still don't see it in the list on this page, and the list in questions seems to be transcluded but I cannot find any editable source text. How can it be added? Mikael Häggström (talk) 16:14, 17 July 2016 (UTC)Reply

I see it included now. Thanks! Mikael Häggström (talk) 21:03, 5 November 2016 (UTC)Reply

Recognition process


I have some questions about the recognition process for new user groups.

  1. The requirements say, "Three active Wikimedia editors". Does this mean that the three editors are founding members of the user group? Also, must they publicly identify their Wikimedia usernames?
  2. When the affiliations committee approves a user group's application, should an affiliation committee representative sign their application somehow? If they did, that would create a public trail indicating who on the affiliation committee indicated support. Beyond that, is there any need to name who on the affiliations committee approved any given application, or is the presumption that any one on the committee can speak for the entirety of the committee?
  3. What finally must be in place to give recognition? Is dual approval from both the affiliations committee and a WMF representative required, or is there something else that finalizes it? Can it be expected that some wiki-signature of a approval somewhere, perhaps on an application, finalizes the process?

Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:43, 20 October 2016 (UTC)Reply

EGalvez (WMF) you seem to be the WMF liaison with the affiliations committee and have been granting user group credentials on behalf of the WMF. Can you please respond to these questions, or signal someone else to respond? Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:26, 22 November 2016 (UTC)Reply
Ping! @EGalvez (WMF): Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:28, 12 January 2017 (UTC)Reply
Hi User:Bluerasberry! Sorry - I am clearly not watching this page :) - "three active wikimedians" means they must have made at least 300 edits total and have an account for at least 6 months. We need at least two people to identify their names - they will go on the user group agreement which is a legal document. We keep that information private of course.
I am the one responsible for processing the applications and then I give all committee members a chance to review the application in case there is an issue. If there is an issue, we will communicate directly with the user group since some issues are sensitive. The application and the affiliate name also need to go through WMF legal review as well to make sure that the naming and logo (if a logo is used) meet legal requirements.
Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks! --EGalvez (WMF) (talk) 02:25, 20 January 2017 (UTC)Reply
EGalvez (WMF) Thanks for the reply. Perhaps instead of asking questions, I will make a proposal, and I wonder if you could agree to it. Regardless of whether you can agree to it, my next step will be asking AffCom to agree to it, unless I get some new information that makes this request seem misplaced.
  1. When there is a successful application for a group to become a user group, then at the end of the process, a public record of the application is made.
  2. On the public application, at least the following information appears -
    1. Name of user group
    2. Date of application
    3. Date of recognition as user group
    4. wiki user names of founding members (probably the 3 applicants)
  3. Validating the application there are two signatures (wiki name and time stamp, so a typical signature)
    1. One signature is from an AffCom representative, who expresses approval on behalf of the committee as a whole
    2. One signature is from a WMF representative, who expresses approval on behalf of the WMF as a whole
I know that various conversations happen behind the scenes, and lots of other criteria are checked, but for now I request these things. The user group and chapter recognition process in the past has been imagined as a collaboration between AffCom and the WMF. Also, there has been an idea that registered chapters and user groups have some public aspects to them, like for example, giving notice of the wiki names of the people acting as points of contact.
If I have misunderstood some part of the process or any of this seems unreasonable then just say so and I will have someone at AffCom explain more to me. My expectation is that no part of my request would be controversial, but if any part of this gives you pause, it would help me understand the situation better if you could say which part of this might be a problem. I am talking to you now, and I will ask AffCom about this also. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:54, 20 January 2017 (UTC)Reply
I sent an email to AffCom asking for clarification on the process. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:33, 23 January 2017 (UTC)Reply
In an email exchange with Kirill Lokshin I asked if either AffCom or WMF requires that user groups identify the wiki names of the 3 Wikipedians who are counted in the user group recognition process. He replied that "We do not, at present, publish this information, or require that it be published by the user group. However, we will take your suggestion that we do so under advisement."
I think this is a new development in user group application process. My memory is that in the application process to 2015, when someone applied for user group status, there was more public information about the applicants. The older on-wiki form prompted applicants to share their three Wikimedian applicant wiki user names. I am not seeking deep invasive information, but I also think that I am not asking too much for user groups to identify at least some of the applicants who are counted in establishing the group.
I would not have expected that the registration of a public group which is supposed to do public reporting and have open membership to have such a secretive process for application where perhaps all decision makers for a group can withhold their wiki identify from the wiki community in general and the group's own membership. The founding applicants often overlap with the leadership, and leadership and points of contacts for a group are also secrets and not required to be revealed. I am not sure how things came to be this way - and whether there is a stalking or safety issue here - but the default level of secrecy being practiced here seems unexpected to me. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:54, 23 January 2017 (UTC)Reply

Image for US-SAN


Please utilize the following image for US-SAN: c:File:San Diego Wikimedians User Group.png. Thanks.--RightCowLeftCoast (talk) 01:16, 10 November 2017 (UTC)Reply

removing Tec de Monterrey as a user group


Due to a long-standing issue, I have been asked by administration to let our status as a user group lapse this month (March 2018). Please remove use from the list of Wikimedia user groups. Wiki Learning Tec de Monterrey will remain an independent education program.Thelmadatter (talk) 17:00, 5 March 2018 (UTC)Reply

Vietnamese Wikimedians User Group


We will form Vietnamese Wikimedians User Group soon. Hope to gain the best support from the Meta-Wiki staff. Thanks! Alphama (talk) 14:26, 12 May 2018 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Bangladesh


@NahidSultan: Wikimedia Bangladesh should be added as Wikimedia user groups. Siddiqsazzad001 (talk) 17:40, 27 January 2019 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Bangladesh is not a User group, it's a chapter. ~ Nahid Talk 17:46, 27 January 2019 (UTC)Reply

Technical features available to a user group


When making a new user group I am primarily interested in facilities to communicate between members like a mailing list, and to host and document software like sourceforge but foss and with two faces (one for users to know what the software does and how to install it, another face for developers and all their source code and unit tests - both should be available to everyone - github is poor at the user-facing content and a wiki is poor at git hosting for example). What do you provide to successfully recognized user groups? Thank you in advance for your advice. --Gryllida 05:16, 10 November 2019 (UTC)Reply

Hi, We're in the process of registering Igbo Wikimedians User Group as a Not for Profit in Nigeria and the Cooperate Affairs Commission rejected the name ending in User Group as it doesn't meet the Not for Profit name registration requirements.

So I would like to find out if this will affect us as a User Group. Suggestions, advice and guidance on how to go about this name structure will be appreciated.


Tochiprecious (talk) 21:49, 09 December 2020 (UTC)Reply

User group application


Hi, I applied for the recognition of the above Wikimediens User group septentrion. Since the application, I've not received any information regarding its approval. Can anyone help? Ross.Patrick (talk)

Leadership Development Task Force: Your feedback is appreciated!


(Read this message in other languages on Meta: ‎العربية • Deutsch • español • français • Русский • 中文 • हिन्दी  • বাংলা • Bahasa Indonesia •日本語 • 한국어 • Yorùbá  • Polski • Português bosanski • hrvatski • српски / srpski)

Hello everyone,

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.

The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force. This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help. Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7  to 25 February 2022.

Thank you,

The Community Development team Cassie Casares (talk) 16:53, 10 February 2022 (UTC)Reply

Friendly reminder: Meet the Community Development team


Hello everyone,

This is a friendly reminder that The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is hosting our first ever community call on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 from 15:00 - 16:00  UTC on Zoom [meeting link]

We want to thank those who have expressed interest in speaking during this call, we had an overwhelming response. Unfortunately we were only able to choose 3 speakers from the community. We will be sending invitations to those who have been selected to participate in the meeting shortly. At this time sign ups for speaking during the call has closed.

To join in the community call:

  • To attend the call, please find the link here.
  • Please ensure you have zoom downloaded on your personal device prior to the call.  

We are excited to see and hear from you in our first ever Community Development community call!

Thank you,

The Community Development team Cassie Casares (talk) 22:06, 15 February 2022 (UTC)Reply

Can we create a page for unrecognized user group?


We are a group of people from the Calamuchita region in Córdoba, Argentina, who have been meeting to collaboratively learn and work to reflect the region's cultural and historical identity in Wikipedia, Wikidata, Commons, and other free knowledge projects. We do not plan to become an official user group yet, but we would like to have a page in Meta to better organize our activities. Would it be OK to create Wikipedistas Calamuchita if we are not an official user group? Thanks! Diegodlh (talk) 00:17, 2 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

@Diegodlh: According to Wikimedia user groups/Creation guide (step 4), yes. In fact, to apply for recognition, a page is needed. NguoiDungKhongDinhDanh 00:29, 2 July 2022 (UTC)Reply
Cool! Thanks :) Diegodlh (talk) 00:50, 2 July 2022 (UTC)Reply

Wiki Loves SDGs Global Edit-a-thon 2022


Dear Wikimedian,

This is to notify you of the upcoming global event which is aimed at celebrating the global goal week in September.

We will appreciate if you can invite your user group members who are interested in topics that is about the SDGs and localising the English content would be highly appreciated this time.

You can do well to reach out to the team for any further information by sending email to:

We look forward to having you on board. You can take a look at the proposal here and you can also add your comment, here

Thank you for your time.

Best regards, James Moore200 (talk) 14:52, 16 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

Organiser. James Moore200 (talk) 14:52, 16 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

Mon Wikimedians User Group


We Mon Wikimedians Community applied for an official Wikimedia User Group on 31 July 2022 and we don't hear anything from the Affiliations Committee. Is there anything we have to do? Htawmonzel (talk) 12:32, 24 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

Recognize also translatewiki contributions



One of the requirements listed for a user group is: At least 3 members with 300 or more contributions to a Wikimedia project on a registered account that has existed for more than 6 months in good community standing (meaning they are not currently suspended or otherwise prevented from participating).

It's a sensible requirement. (I'd actually raise the number to more than 300, but that's a separate discussion.)

I'd like to propose to extend it to include contribution to MediaWiki and other Wikimedia-related projects on Technically, is not a Wikimedia project, but practically, it is an essential part of the Wikimedia world because localization of MediaWiki and related software directly contributes to community development and user experience.

Over the last few years, various people among volunteer contributors and WMF staff commented in informal conversations that the status of contribution to translatewiki is a gray area when it comes to events, recognition of volunteer work, etc., and that this causes inconvenience and misunderstanding. I am now suggesting to make it more formal.

Some details:

  • The contributor being examined must not be blocked on translatewiki, and must have the translator right.
  • The number of contributions should be 1000 and not 300. Practically all the contributions to translatewiki are very small because they are about translating short strings, so a dedicated person can easily get to 300 in a few days.
  • The contributions must be at least three weeks old, and most of them shouldn't be reverted. (Rationale: Changes on translatewiki are usually deployed to Wikimedia projects only on the next weeks' "deployment train", so it takes time until the editors on Wikimedia wikis notice the changes.)
  • As far as I know, translatewiki doesn't have a convenient edit count tool, like xtools for Wikipedia. It's not a big problem, however: the number of contributors to translatewiki is relatively small in comparison to the number of contributors to Wikimedia projects, so checking it probably won't happen too often, and can be done manually on the usual contributions page. Experienced translatewiki users, such as myself, can help checking the contribution in more details if needed.
  • translatewiki contribution shouldn't be the only thing for all the group members. There must be members with experience in Wikimedia wikis, and they must be in communication with each other. (Rationale: Just translating the user interface without actually using the wikis is pointless. In addition, contributors to should be familiar with editing content wikis in any case, in order to be familiar with user experience and terminology. That said, in smaller communities, it often happens that some members focus more on translatewiki, while others edit the content wikis.)
  • Contribution to projects that are hosted on translatewiki but aren't related to Wikimedia, such as NOCC or FreeCol, must not count towards this.
  • Contribution to projects that are not MediaWiki, but related to Wikimedia work, such as Kiwix, Wiki Ed Dashboard, or Convenient Discussions, should count towards this.
  • Contribution to MediaWiki extensions that aren't used by Wikimedia, such as BlueSpice or Semantic MediaWiki, can be considered on a case by case basis. (Rationale: If the MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group, which is mostly unrelated to Wikimedia Foundation's projects, is recognized, then these activities can be considered, too.)

If my proposal is accepted, all these details don't have to be documented on the main page, of course, but they probably should be somewhere in the "fine print" of the agreed AffCom practices.

This proposal is my own. I didn't discuss it with WMF staff or other translatewiki administrators.

Tagging several people who may be interested in this discussion: @Nikerabbit @Raymond @Mehman @Tochiprecious @Thuvack @DSaroyan (WMF) @Ijon @Nemo bis. Please feel free to invite other relevant people.

Thanks :) Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 08:33, 8 December 2022 (UTC)Reply

  Support This makes a lot of sense to me! Ijon (talk) 13:47, 8 December 2022 (UTC)Reply
  Support --DSaroyan (WMF) (talk) 10:13, 9 December 2022 (UTC)Reply
  Support This makes a big sense to me. ─ The Aafī (talk) 17:05, 10 December 2022 (UTC)Reply
Strong   Support, since it has also been recognized in (among other things) the voter eligibility regulations for Board of Trustees election and Universal Code of Conduct enforcement guidelines ratification, so there's some precedent here. RamzyM (talk) 13:07, 16 December 2022 (UTC)Reply
  • Dear all, On behalf of AffCom, I confirm that we have received your suggestions and thank you for making this suggestion to the committee. The committee will review and discuss this proposal and provide a specific answer within a reasonable time. I will promptly let you know the result. Quick note: Affcom will be on vacation from December 21 to January 6. Thank you! --Mehman 17:08, 11 December 2022 (UTC)Reply
    No rush. Thanks, and happy new year! :) Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 06:23, 12 December 2022 (UTC)Reply
Return to "Wikimedia user groups" page.