Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello Thelmadatter, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing! -- Cirt (talk) 21:02, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
Hi Thelmatter, yeah I heard about Wikimedia Mexico, good luck with that. Sorry, just saw your message today, Meta is not exactly my playground, that said, so is GLAM. Bless Gerard, he's an awesome dude, but I actually don't deal with GLAM, I did project that fit to Indonesian need, some say, developing countries. To my knowledge, GLAM works in Europe centered/ U.S. projects, but right now, as interesting as it is, GLAM is not our priority. But Gerard right about one thing, I mentored people, heh, not easy though, they need to be open minded. Siska.Doviana 13:14, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
Sisterprojects of WikipediaEdit
Hi Thelmadatter, I'm wondering what's your vision on the sisterprojects of Wikipedia. Do you agree they should get more attention? I'm working for the Dutch wikiversity. Good luck with your candidacy. Regards, Tim, Timboliu (talk) 21:07, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
Hi Thelmadatter - Please note that I have trimmed your candidate statement to 1200 characters, as specified by the published rules of the election. You may wish to confirm that it still appropriately conveys the points you wish to convey, or rewrite it if not. I left the trimmed part in the raw wikicode, so you should be able to see it in the edit mode. Philippe (WMF) (talk) 01:43, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Thelmadatter, please could you confirm on this page that you are happy with your statement? I would prefer not mark it for translation until you confirm as this potentially creates unnecessary extra work for translators. Thehelpfulone 14:16, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
Dear Leigh Ann
I've emailed you on a Signpost matter.
Kind regards, Tony (talk) 01:42, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
Important announcement: Election delayed by one weekEdit
The Election Committee regrets to advise that it is necessary to delay the start of voting in the WMF Elections 2013 for one week. This delay is being implemented for three reasons:
- We have been unable to verify that the list of eligible voters is complete and that all voters meet the published criteria
- We have been unable to verify that the SecurePoll setups for the election are properly functioning
- The voter interfaces have not been translated and are not currently available in any language other than English, thus disadvantaging Wikimedians who do not read English.
The following changes are now made to the Election timeline:
- 8-22 June 2013: elections
- 23-25 June 2013: vote-checking
- 25-28 June: publication of results.
For the Election Committee, Risker (talk) 20:53, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
For your thoughtful discussion in the Board election; which we should have more of, year round. –SJ talk 00:50, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program surveyEdit
Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.
Click here to be taken to the survey site.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.
Siko and Haitham, Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation.
This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:48, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
Hola soy BernardoEdit
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal ClinicsEdit
Hello, Thelmadatter! We've added Events to IdeaLab, and you're invited :)
Upcoming events focus on turning ideas into Individual Engagement Grant proposals before the March 31 deadline. Need help or have questions about IEG? Join us at a Hangout:
- Thursday, 13 March 2014, 1600 UTC
- Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 1700 UTC
- Saturday, 29 March 2014, 1700 UTC
Hope to see you there!
This message was delivered automatically to IEG and IdeaLab participants. To unsubscribe from any future IEG reminders, remove your name from this list
Wiki Loves PrideEdit
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?Edit
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.
(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
Last call for WMF grants feedback!Edit
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.
(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 03:34, 5 December 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I stumbled upon a comment of yours which says «Google translate is not something I want students working with». FYI, Google Translate is not used at all in mw:Content translation. If you were using "Google Translate" as synonym of "machine translation", please don't: you harm the freely licensed machine translation systems, such as Apertium that MediaWiki uses. See also mw:Content translation/Documentation/FAQ#There is no machine translation for my language. How is Content Translation useful to me and my wiki?. Nemo 08:19, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- As a linguist, you should not conflate statistical MT with rule-based MT. Apertium is a really different thing. And please don't insult linguists and NLP workers who contribute to free software projects such as Apertium by calling them Google. Nemo 13:44, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 23:56, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign on content curation & reviewEdit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.
Hi Leigh - I can see your answers to some of the questions to candidates in the affiliate selected board seats process. The questions are meant to be answered by candidates only (though asked by any community member) and I cannot see a nomination from you. Are you standing? If so, great. If not we ought to move your comments off the question page to avoid confusing people. Many thanks, Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 21:27, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
- Ok, I can see your nomination now, it jsut hasn't been listed on the nominations page for some reason. Ignore all that. Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 21:28, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
Hello there! Please, do assume good faith :) You have not posted your answers to the question:
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Meeting minutes
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Expertise
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Grants structure
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#BoT Role in new ED appointment
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Non-profit experience
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Questions#Should there be an independent review / analysis of the recent crises?
The voting starts today, so it is better to have everything done as soon as possible. I do want to hear your opinion on the question you have missed, and I am going to ask this from every candidate, as it is important to understand how a future Trustee (and technically any of us can be elected) treats this or that issue, to know his or her thoughts about it on a public page. And I think that I am not very unique in my desire to have more text to get to know people better :) Wikipedians tend to read people (literally speaking) --アンタナナ 13:54, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
- P.S. I do not have intentions to make you answer the questions you do not want to answer, I just want to know your opinion before you are elected as a Trustee. Even if you think that some questions are out of scope or not relevant. Thank you :) --アンタナナ 13:54, 24 March 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources 15:57, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Learning Day, Wikimedia Conference 2016Edit
Thank you for engaging at Wikimedia Conference 2016 Learning Days!Edit
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)
Welcome to the Project Grants CommitteeEdit
Thanks for signing up to join the Project Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We've got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next 2 months, and it will be awesome to have your help. Here is how to get started!
To make your membership official, please email mjohnson wikimedia · org by Sunday, August 14, and include the following three pieces of information:
- Your preferred email address for the committee mailing list
- Your preferred username for the committee's scoring tool
- Indicate all of the times from this list that would work for you to participate in a Committee Orientation:
- Tuesday August 16, 2016 - 1600 UTC
- Tuesday August 16, 2016 - 1900 UTC
- Wednesday August 17, 2016 - 0100 UTC
- Thursday August 18, 2016 - 1600 UTC
- Thursday August 18, 2016 - 2200 UTC
- Friday August 19, 2016 - 0100 UTC
- if none of the above times work for you, please provide at least two times that would work for you (be sure to indicate the date and the time zone)
Then, there are 2 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:
- Read the information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), beginning with the getting started guide for new members.
- Start giving feedback on open proposals. Ask questions or make suggestions on the proposal talk pages to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation. Your input helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through and helps other committee members with their own review. The more you can support applicants now, the stronger the proposals we'll have to choose from.
The general calendar for this round is as follows:
Round 1 2016 schedule
Open call: 1 July – 2 August
Proposal deadline: 2 August
Staff eligibility review: 3–9 August
Community review: 10–23 August
Committee review: 24 August – 6 September
Grantees announced: 7 October
Grants disbursed: October
Our formal review of proposals starts on August 24. WMF staff will be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list, so please keep an eye there!
Thanks again for joining us to help make impactful Project Grants! :-)
--Marti (WMF) (talk) 23:46, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
Welcome, This a new project for Indigenous languages and Minority languages in the Americas, thank you for your participation in this program, you can to contact other Native-American people in Wikimedia and Wikipedias, See you next time.--Marrovi (talk) 17:59, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
Esto es unaemoción, va empezando muy bien, y ahora necesitamos estar en contacto con todos los proyectos y empezar realizar eventos.--Marrovi (talk) 20:58, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to "target countries" discussionEdit
Hello, Thelmadatter! Since you've been closely involved with the Mexican community for a long time, we're inviting you to a discussion on "target countries". You can help the product team at the Wikimedia Foundation create a new list of countries and metrics to replace the "global south" concept in our process with something more relevant. Interested? Learn more about this discussion and share your perspective. (This message is available in more languages.) Joe Sutherland (WMF) (talk) 20:05, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Please feel free to let me know on my talk page if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:34, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Survey link error fixedEdit
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
We're on Twitter!Edit
|WikiLGBT is on Twitter! |
Update regarding Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons tutorial videosEdit
I regret to inform you that the series of motivational and educational videos project, which had been planned introduce Wikipedia and some of its sister projects to new contributors, is being discontinued.
There are multiple factors that have led to this decision. The initial budget and time estimates were far too small for a project of this scale and complexity. Also, my simultaneous involvement in Cascadia Wikimedians User Group was problematic due to the shortage of human resources for the user group, which resulted in my spending far more time trying to help the user group than I had planned, so my time and attention were diverted from this video project to assisting the user group.
You can find more information in the final report for the grant.
I regret that this project did not fulfill the hopes that many of us had for it, and I hope that in the future someone with the necessary resources will choose to resume work on it or a similar project. If you are interested in working on this or a similar project then please contact the WMF grants team.
On a personal note, I am retiring from the Wikimedia community. Perhaps I will return someday.
--Pine✉ 23:20, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Series director and screenwriter
|Happy Adrianne Wadewitz award |
I keep looking around for Adrianne Wadewitz ; and you are her !
- Thanks so much... this was very nice to hear after such crappy treatment.Thelmadatter (talk) 15:01, 13 September 2017 (UTC)
- yes, outside observers are appalled, but not moved to act. regrettable; i have become adept in avoiding admin supervision. and organizing meetups off wiki. wikisource is a civil refuge. i note spanish wikisource could use a revitalization. https://es.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Caf%C3%A9 https://tools.wmflabs.org/phetools/graphs/Wikisource_-_pages_es.png - let me know if i can help out. Slowking4 (talk) 02:45, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
Hello; In this page, is over second closure for Nahuatl Wikipedia. Regards.--Marrovi (talk) 23:13, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed!Edit
Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.
This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee ElectionEdit
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination PhaseEdit
Hello again Thelmadatter! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to libraries lists.wikimedia.org, and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1RefEdit
Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:
Timeline for nominations and votingEdit
- Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
- Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
- Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
- Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
- To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
- Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.
How you can support #1lib1refEdit
- Participate! Get started at m:1Lib1Ref and add a citation with CitationHunt.org
- Share the campaign on social media using the #1lib1ref hashtag
- Tell your local librarians and library-loving friends about the campaign
- Watch and share this fun explainer video
- Join the Facebook event page for updates
- Join the Wikipedia + Libraries Facebook group for news and camaraderie
- Watch and share the OCLC #1lib1ref webinar
- Read the OCLC #1lib1ref Learner Guide
On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:50, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit
Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:24, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election ResultsEdit
Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,
On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User GroupEdit
- The steering committee invites you to participate in this poll to help the committee plan activities this year.
- The committee decided to use the libraries lists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,
via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and WikimaniaEdit
If you are attending Wikimania,
- Bring your books! You can participate in the book swapping we have planned, and swap/leave your books on the table. More details here
- WLUG meetup. We'll be mingling with other librarians/Wikibrarians/activists at the Birds of a Feather Lunch: GLAM and Heritage Birds of a Feather Lunch on July 21st, 13:00 to 14:00 in the London room. Come, join us!
- For your convenience and scheduling purposes, we've put together a list of Wikimedia and library-related events in Wikimania that might be of interest to you, with time and venue.
Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!
If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!
- Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,
via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:02, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018Edit
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting PhaseEdit
Hello Thelmadatter! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
On behalf of the steering committee,
via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:43, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
Video tutorial regarding Wikipedia referencing with VisualEditorEdit
Hi, I have received a grant from WMF to support production of a video tutorial regarding creating references with VisualEditor. I anticipate that the video will be published in March 2019. If this tutorial is well received then I may produce additional tutorials in the future for English Wikipedia and possibly other projects such as Commons and Spanish Wikipedia. If you would like to receive notifications on your talk page when drafts and finished products from this project are ready for review, then please sign up for the project newsletter.
Regards, --Pine✉ 00:37, 28 February 2019 (UTC)
The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. If you’re an active Wikimedian, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.
We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.
More information, and registration details, at QW2021.--Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group 15:47, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Queering Wikipedia 2022 AnnouncementEdit
Wikimedia LGBT+ and the organizing team of Queering Wikipedia is holding a Queering Wikipedia 2022 Meeting for LGBT+ Wikimedians and allies. The program will start with an informative, social and cultural activity on Friday 21st October at 18h UTC and working sessions on Saturday 22nd from 14h until 18h with an informal follow-up.
If you have been an active Wikimedian, contributing on LGBT+ topics, supporting LGBT+ activities or if you identify as part of the larger LGBT+ community and allies in Wikimedia, please come help us build our network of LGBT+ Wikimedians, set goals and develop our organization.
We will be meeting online, but encourage you to join in person with fellow Wikimedians if easy and safe. Our working languages are English and Spanish.
Registration for this online event is free and is open until Friday 21st October at 21h UTC.
More information, and registration details, may be found on Meta https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/QW2022
Thanks, from Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:19, 20 October 2022 (UTC)