User talk:Mjohnson (WMF)
Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello, Mjohnson (WMF). Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 16:06, 26 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello Marti, this is Shoichi Chou of Wikimedia chapter in Taiwan. Nice to meet you. I am the project manager of "rare characters in CJK fonts solution" team. This year our chapter still have some budget can be used in the project,so finally we decided not to apply grants this time. Thank you for caring about us. Our project is still going on. I just update the progress. I am sorry that reply you so late.--魔法設計師(Shoichi) (talk) 17:04, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know, 魔法設計師(Shoichi)! Glad to hear that your project is going forward. Thanks for updating your progress. Cheers, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:18, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for the reply Dinner run (talk) 21:26, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
Re: Help offerEdit
Help would be much appreciated. I have three proposals 1, 2, 3. I'm not good at writing so its been problematic for me. Dispenser (talk) 17:58, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- Dispenser, I'm happy to help. Would it work for you to meet via Skype or Hangout? I'm not sure what time zone you are in, but I am available tomorrow morning between 6-8am Pacific Standard Time, or any time on Sunday between 6am and 8pm Pacific Standard Time. I also have availability on Monday, but want to offer weekend times first since the deadline is so soon. If you prefer to meet by Skype, please send me your handle. If you prefer to meet via Hangout, I'll provide a link on your user talk page once we confirm a time.
- Warm regards, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 02:31, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
Hi Mjohnson, sorry for answering so late to your kind message regarding my grant proposal "Women are everywhere". I'm aware that now it's to late for doing anything. I let the project in the draft status because I was a little discouraged about it, I had a feeling of loneliness in doing that. If I had read your message before, I would have asked your help. Thanks a lot for your interest. Kind regards, --Kenzia (talk) 16:20, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi Mjohnson, I already sent email to you about our meeting. Thanks. Alphama (talk) 00:40, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
- Alphama, I've very happy to hear from you! Unfortunately, I can't find a record of your email. Did you write from the same email account that you listed in your proposal? Would you please email me again? Please put the name of your IEG project in the subject line of your email and I'll keep my eye out for it. Thank you! --Marti (WMF) (talk) 00:47, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi Marti, I just sent an email putting all in copy. --Ilario (talk) 12:59, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
Request for input on Wikipedia video projectEdit
Hello, I have completed an outline of the material that may be covered in the modules on this page.
Please note that not everyone will view every section. For example, some people may want to view only the modules that apply to Wikipedia, and others may be interested in the modules that apply to Commons.
Also, different language Wikipedias sometimes work differently. I am referring to English Wikipedia in the outline. One of the goals of the video series is to make the videos in a way that is easy to translate to other languages. One possible option is that for references to English Wikipedia which have no similarities on a Wikipedia of a different language, the portion of the video that is unnecessary can be removed from the translated version of the video. Also, members of different language communities may produce additional materials which they may add to the videos for their language, or the community members may replace portions of the English-language video with different information that is more applicable to Wikipedia in a different language.
I would appreciate your comments on the grant talk page, preferably by 11 January. Thank you! --Pine✉ 09:14, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
WikiAtlas' Extension requestEdit
Hello Marti, as announced by email I submitted an extension request for Wikitaltas. Please check it out. Yug (talk) 22:05, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
Hi Mjohnson, last october you very kindly offered me your help for my grant proposal "Women are everywhere". Now, I'm trying to improve it to present it for funding. It would be very helpful if you could have a look at the draft and give me your opinions ad advises. Many thanks, --Kenzia (talk) 10:55, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Hi, thank you for you answer. I've already subscribed for the April 5th help session in Google Hangout. If it would be possible to set an individual session, I would be very grateful. Sincerely--Kenzia (talk) 08:37, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
Changes to grant funding in the future?Edit
Thanks again for your time in the Google Hangout for IEG proposals. Plenty for me to think about going forward. I wanted to ask you about the proposed changes to the IEGs. I believe you said something about this round being the last round of IEGs as they are currently labeled? Can you elaborate on that?
Evoapps (talk) 19:23, 5 April 2016 (UTC)
- Evoapps, sorry I missed this message before. In July, we are launching our new grants program, Project Grants. Rapid Grants, for projects under $2,000 USD, was already recently launched. These two programs will replace IEG (and also absorb parts of PEG). All of the projects that could previously be funded through IEG will still be fundable through these programs. We are still finishing up the portal for Project Grants, but you can take a look at the material that's already there and feel free to ask additional questions here.
- Best, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 14:26, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
Hi Marti! Thanks for the updates. I was able to join in on 12 April only after the session was done. Can we have a meeting on either 14th or 15th at 16:00 - 17:00 UTC? Vincentvikram (talk) 03:42, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Vincentvikram, 16:00 - 17:00 UTC tomorrow (April 14th) will work! Please ping me on Hangout directly (mjohnson wikimedia · org). Best, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 04:35, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Marti (WMF), I thought I would get an email when I am pinged but seems it did not happen. Just saw this after logging in. Please let me know your next convenient time. Would it be possible to email me at vincentvikram AT gmail DOT com Thanks Vincentvikram (talk) 05:56, 15 April 2016 (UTC)
April 30th MeetingEdit
Hi Marti (WMF), Thanks for the information on meeting slated for April 30th Meeting for the new members of IEG Committee. Please note that the date is tight for me. I will appreciate if we could look at May 2nd. Thanks Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 10:07, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
How to withdraw the IEG proposalEdit
Hi Mjohnson (WMF), two days ago I wrote a message for you on the talk page of my IEG proposal. Have you seen it? Please, could you answer to my question? I'm waiting for your indications. Thank you, --Kenzia (talk) 06:45, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
What is the next step after IEG committee feedback?Edit
Hi @Mjohnson (WMF):! I think a common doubt most IEG applicants have is what should we now do after obtaining feedback and rubric-based scoring by the committee. Should we update the proposal based on the feedback or address the points in the discussion page? Do let us know how to proceed. Thanks Vincentvikram (talk) 07:07, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Vincentvikram, it's always a good idea to respond to feedback after committee scoring, but it's not required. Though your project wasn't funded this round, you have the option to use committee feedback to revise your proposal and resubmit in a current round. You can highlight changes you've made in your talk page. It's not uncommon for applicants re-submit revised proposals and successfully get funding awards in a future round. Since this was the last round of IEG we just went through, you have two options for this project. If you can reduce your budget to $2,000 USD, you can submit it through Rapid Grants at any time. Alternatively, we'll launch the new Project Grants program on July 1, with submissions due by August 2. If you'd like feedback from a staff member, we'll have a series of hangouts for applicants to talk about their proposals which will be posted here soon (not listed yet, but they should be up within the coming week).
- Let me know if you have any other questions!
- --Marti (WMF) (talk) 14:36, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks Marti (WMF)
- Vincentvikram (talk) 06:44, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for delivering the committee's decision on my proposal Grants:IEG/Curation of courses and resources on Wikiversity!
I seem to recall that the committee members are listed here somewhere. Can you supply me with the list of committee members that evaluated my proposal, or direct me to the resource here that lists or names them (user names)? --Marshallsumter (talk) 23:12, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
- Sure thing, Marshallsumter. Here is the link: Grants:IEG/Committee#ieg-members. --Marti (WMF) (talk) 16:39, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks, Marti!
- I have a couple of questions for the committee members which I am still formulating. I would like to pass them by you first if that would be okay.
- I checked the discussion page for Grants:IEG/Committee#ieg-members and noticed that the members do not answer questions. So I'm not sure the best way to start except here with you, again if it is okay. --Marshallsumter (talk) 01:07, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi, Marti! Thank you for the message. I have replied there --Ilya (talk) 11:10, 14 July 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for the reminder. I'll talk to Jeff Elder about the publication date :) --Padaguan (talk) 23:04, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
How to copy information in Wikimedia sitesEdit
Hi Marti, it appears that you made an inadvertent copyright violation with this edit: https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Grants%3AProject%2FCommittee%2FWorkroom&type=revision&diff=15831894&oldid=15831879. At least some of that information appears to have been copied from Grants:IEG/Committee/Workroom, which has content that was written by a number of people including me. Please read this page for a guideline that discusses how to copy information from one Wikimedia page to another. (I plan to discuss this subject in the LearnWiki video series, because many people make mistakes when copying Wikimedia content like this. I made a similar mistake when I was new.) Thanks, --Pine✉ 06:22, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Pine, since I'm transferring instructions within the Grants space on Meta, moving instructions written for the IEG Committee (which is now closed) to provide instructions for the Project Grants committee (which effectively replaces the IEG Committee), I'm surprised that you are citing an English Wikipedia editing guideline as relevant. I'd like to confirm with my team whether this policy is, in fact, relevant. I'll get back to you about it in our next call, especially since one of the recommendations provided about LearnWiki was to make sure that ENWP policies are not inadvertently applied across all Wikimedia sites, since they are actually not universally applicable. That said, I'll make a note on the talkpage about the source link. Best, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 16:44, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
Hi Marti, can you respond to the recent input at Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Northern Africa Challenge? Cheers.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 09:18, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello Mjohnson. The program Mentor is almost up and running in the Greek wikipedia with the help of my fellow wikipedian Glorious 93. I' m still hoping for a grant in the near future, because I still think that there is a place for it in the education. The realisation of Mentor concerns the interaction of people, and it covers a great piece of the educational program in Wikipedia School of Athens and Asaf's idea of Wikimedia School. Therefore I would really like for you to guide me through the process of a Project grant if possible.
Thank you --Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής (talk) 10:39, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
- Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής,
- I'd be more than happy to offer support with the process. We are hosting regular Proposal Clinics via Hangout, posted here:
- You can also email me directly for help at mjohnson wikimedia · org.
- Best, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:19, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
Thank you MartiEdit
Thank you Marti for your support in the TPS Grants page I Congresso Científico Brasileiro da Wikipedia. Best regards, João
Hi, I think you have forgotten to checked the feedback you requested on the proposal. It has been more than 10 days since I have replied. Please check it. Thank You.--Jnanaranjan sahu (talk) 04:40, 3 November 2016 (UTC)
Typical day in my email inboxEdit
I think you will appreciate this too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldgp3Ton7R4. --Pine✉ 07:10, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
The project is not funded yetEdit
Hi, I project Project has been granted but no communication or follow-up regarding that. Can you please make any update on this please?--Jnanaranjan sahu (talk) 10:18, 5 December 2016 (UTC)
Hi, I'm still awaiting a response from you via email on a proposal. I know you're very busy but I did send you something a good three weeks ago which you promised you'd look at. Can you please email and just update me on where we are, I would really appreciate it if you could do that, thanks. Dr. Blofeld (talk) 17:35, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
Hello! The Wikimedia Foundation is asking for your feedback in a survey. We want to know how well we are supporting your work on and off wiki, and how we can change or improve things in the future.[survey 1] The opinions you share will directly affect the current and future work of the Wikimedia Foundation. You have been randomly selected to take this survey as we would like to hear from your Wikimedia community. To say thank you for your time, we are giving away 20 Wikimedia T-shirts to randomly selected people who take the survey.[survey 2] The survey is available in various languages and will take between 20 and 40 minutes.
You can find more information about this project. This survey is hosted by a third-party service and governed by this privacy statement. Please visit our frequently asked questions page to find more information about this survey. If you need additional help, or if you wish to opt-out of future communications about this survey, send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you! --EGalvez (WMF) (talk) 22:25, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
- ↑ This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- ↑ Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Protocol.open.internet proxies.wikimedia.program.appS.code. special.problem.All.psychiatry+213790969428 Cardiacpsy198911 (talk) 15:10, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
Grant proposal elegibilityEdit
Hello, Marti! Quick question: I just saw that 2 days ago you confirmed the elegibility of several Project Grant proposals. However, this proposal I created didn't receive the template. Does it mean it wasn't selected as eligible, or it's simply that you're still working on that? Thanks! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 19:48, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
I had hoped that I could have had another chat with you about the proposal, but discussing ways in which it could be modified to address your concerns...Dr. Blofeld (talk) 15:34, 6 June 2017 (UTC)
Wikiquote at the hospitalEdit
Hi Marti, I wrote the draft report of Wikiquote at the hospital and I would like that you see it to tell me if I can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify that it is ready for review. Thanks.--Jaluj (talk) 00:24, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
Hi Marti, do you know something about Grants:Project/Rapid/Jaluj/Wikiquote at the hospital/Report? Do you know what happened? Somebody read it? --Jaluj (talk) 20:45, 6 May 2017 (UTC)
Update regarding Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons tutorial videosEdit
I regret to inform you that the series of motivational and educational videos project, which had been planned introduce Wikipedia and some of its sister projects to new contributors, is being discontinued.
There are multiple factors that have led to this decision. The initial budget and time estimates were far too small for a project of this scale and complexity. Also, my simultaneous involvement in Cascadia Wikimedians User Group was problematic due to the shortage of human resources for the user group, which resulted in my spending far more time trying to help the user group than I had planned, so my time and attention were diverted from this video project to assisting the user group.
You can find more information in the final report for the grant.
I regret that this project did not fulfill the hopes that many of us had for it, and I hope that in the future someone with the necessary resources will choose to resume work on it or a similar project. If you are interested in working on this or a similar project then please contact the WMF grants team.
On a personal note, I am retiring from the Wikimedia community. Perhaps I will return someday.
--Pine✉ 23:20, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Series director and screenwriter
I have uploaded a grant proposal today and would like to know if I submitted it correctly. It is here: Grants:Project/Engaging Academic Archivists, Librarians and Students to Address the Historical Gender and Racial Gap of Western Pennsylvania through the University of Pittsburgh Library System. If not please send me instructions on how to submit correctly. Best Regards, Barbara (WVS) (talk) 19:41, 25 September 2017 (UTC)
- I now have some other questions that I have posted to the project proposal discussion page. Others have questions and I told them that their questions will be answered on the project discussion page. Thank you very much. Best Regards, Barbara (WVS) (talk) 13:14, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
Grants talk:IdeaLab/Hindi Wikipedia OutreachEdit
Hello Sir/ma'am, Something is for you on Grants talk:IdeaLab/Hindi Wikipedia Outreach Page. Please look at once.--Jayprakash12345 (talk) 10:38, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
Women in RedEdit
Hi, the women in red contest now has over 100 people signed up and counting. Can we have a chat soon about the prize fund as in drawing up articles the $15 per country won't work given that many countries we can barely find a few missing articles. I've come up with a system which will still max out diversity and quantity but I need to authorize it with you before I go live with it.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 12:40, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
- Dr. Blofeld, I will email you to set up a time to talk! --Marti (WMF) (talk) 02:29, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Well there's 136 people and counting signed up for it, the prize system I've devised must be doing something right :-).Dr. Blofeld (talk) 15:17, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
Marti, I know you're busy but the fact that you've not emailed since June and you're my mentor for this women in red contest is pretty disappointing. My grant deserves as much attention as any of the others and you've not made the effort to contact me even once to ask what I wanted. The contest starts tomorrow and all that I wanted to discuss with you it's pretty much too late now. Dr. Blofeld (talk) 14:19, 31 October 2017 (UTC)
Grants talk:Project/Dr. Blofeld/Contest toolkits and prize funds/Midpoint I've responded, thanks.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 19:39, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
If my question is unjust or incorrect for any reason, please drop it out and forget, otherwise you can kindly explain the arguments in support of the following phrase "Good community support, although there seems to be some troubles with some members of the Italian community" you wrote here ?. It seems to me that there is confusion between breaking rules and personal issues, Best regards. --Bramfab (talk) 15:04, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Bramfab,
- I think you may not have read the full text of the post, so I am recopying the relevant part here (emphasis mine):
- "Aggregated committee comments from the committee are posted above. Note that these comments may vary, or even contradict each other, since they reflect the conclusions of multiple individual committee members who independently reviewed this proposal. We recommend that you review all the feedback and post any responses, clarifications or questions on this talk page."
- You are mistaken in thinking that I wrote the comment you referenced--these are aggregated, anonymized comments written by multiple members of the Project Grants Committee. None of the comments were written by me. Consequently, I do recommend that you post your question on the talkpage of your Project Grants proposal, per the instructions quoted above, as that is where the Committee members will be able to respond to your questions. They are unlikely to see them here, though, on my own user page.
- Please let me know if you have any other questions.
- --Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:01, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
I have read the initial committee decision on the talk page on my grant proposal. I can't find the scoring rubric. Are the scores based upon a 1-10 scale?
I was careful to follow the requirements and required grant training of writing the draft. I could have answered all the concerns posted by the review committee if such information could have been included initially. Responding shouldn't be difficult. Thank you for your comments and contact.
- Best Regards, Barbara (WVS) (talk) 16:22, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi Marti, as I know you don't like emails I'll say it here. I'm just in discussion with one of the main runners of Women in Red on how I might produce a toolkit to allow replication of the world contest but for smaller regions. They are very interested in running contests next year based on my model for Nordic women and Sub Saharan women etc and to make the World Contest perhaps an annual feature given the massive scope. So no doubt the model will be used, but I would like to discuss it with you first and what exactly you're looking for. I know you wanted it to be very clear and simple in delivery, what else? Where should I make the toolkit, in Women in Red space, Wikipedia Contest space or on here? In the end over 4100 articles were produced on women in November compared to 1800 average and last week the amount produced for women was still unusually high at 49% even after the contest so it seems to be having an impact. Can you arrange a phone call before Christmas, only 15-20 minutes is all I ask as I also have a big idea for next year I want to discuss before I propose it. I want to get the toolkit completed by the end of the month on schedule and done in a manner which you approve of. Cheers.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 15:12, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- I would just like to confirm that as one of the more active members of Women in Red, I have closely followed the development of the World Contest and can confirm it was a huge success with biographies of women from every country in the world. An article to be published shortly in Signpost provides further details and participant reactions. I have been discussing with Dr. Blofeld the possibility of using the approach and tools used in the World Contest for supporting contests in other regions in the coming months. I thought we could first try to organize a Women in Red contest for the Nordic Countries (i.e. Scandinavia plus Finland) as I am familiar with the region and the languages spoken there. We could then try to target Sub-Saharan Africa where prizes are likely to be particularly effective in encouraging better coverage of the increasingly important role played by women in those countries. Please let me know if you need further information.--Ipigott (talk) 08:25, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
Thanks Ipigott. I guess I'll make the toolkit in Women in Red space if that's OK Marti? Wikipedia:Contest space can then have a link to it. I'll need a rough idea of what style is wanted though but I can make a start if you like.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 14:50, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
Request for a meetingEdit
Hi Marti, about a week ago, I emailed you with a request for a meeting regarding a possible future for LearnWiki. I have not heard back from you. Would you please respond to that email this week? Thanks, --Pine✉ 19:23, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- Pine✉, I'm sorry for the delay. This has been a very busy month! I will email you with possible times for a conversation.
--Marti (WMF) (talk) 21:57, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
RE: Important: Change your proposal status from "draft" to "proposed" to submit by deadlineEdit
Later what changes can i do to my proposal? --Kaspo (talk) 21:47, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
Kaspo, your application should be completely filled out with your best thinking at the time of submission. It is permissible to continue to work on your proposal and improve it after the deadline, but an incomplete or clearly underdeveloped proposal that is submitted by deadline will be marked ineligible for review. In other words, we expect your proposal to be ready to go by submission, but you can still continue to think about your plan and try to make it better after deadline.
Let me know if you need more information.
--Marti (WMF) (talk) 21:56, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
The Random Acts of Kindness BarnstarEdit
For being a perennially nice person, even when dealing with projects that involve major headaches. --Pine✉ 05:17, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
Wiki loves Rural Areas - BimenesEdit
Hi, I'm Víctor from Asturian Wikipedia. I contact you because I have not yet received a date for the requested interview and I am a little worried because the deadline is approaching. Could you help me please? --Vsuarezp (talk) 16:46, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
Notification of request for rapid grantEdit
- Hello Mjohnson (WMF), I would like to notify you of the creation of my new grant request at Grants:Project/Rapid/Pine/Continuation of educational video and website project. I would appreciate your input on the talk page for that grant request. I have sent an email to rapidgrants@ so I hope that Woubzena will also respond on the talk page. Regards, --Pine✉ 00:38, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
We are leaving the wiki newsletter format behind and venturing into the email newsletter format. We'd love to keep sharing our projects and adventures with you all! You can sign up here to make that happen.
See you all there!
With love & solidarity,
Claudia - and the WK? Comms Team using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
(Help please) Grants:Project/Rapid/Ibrahim Husain Meraj/OpenCon 2018Edit
Hi Marti, Greetings from Bangladesh. I am eagerly waiting for a response from the team on the travel grant proposal. As the conference will be held in early November, I applied for the grant on mid September. After that I made some modification in budget. Hope to hear from you soon. Best. --Ibrahim Husain Meraj (talk) 02:47, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
might chose to chime over this t/p thread concerning a grant, seemingly monitored by you. Additionally, do you have a volunteer account? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 19:54, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
- Answer the last question, please. Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 13:31, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Winged Blades of Godric, I am concerned about the behavior you are exhibiting across multiple talkpages in relation to the project in question. I am experiencing your form of engagement as intimidation, as are others impacted by your choices. Please refer to the Friendly space policies posted on Meta that provide guidance on expected behavioral standards in this space.
I will engage with you in my professional role only, and only so long as you are abiding by the Friendly space policies. In line with the comments I have recently left for you on other pages, I ask you to respectfully keep your comments in the forums that are directly relevant to the topic. My personal volunteer account is of no relevance, and following me there is unwelcome.
--Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:53, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, really? What led you to assume that that my query about volunteer-accounts might be any related with the grant, in question? FWIW, I don't see any reason about why shall you be exempt to the common expectation of disclosing all accounts that you run over Wikimedia wikis. It's called transparency. See Sockpuppetry linking to en:Sock puppetry which contains en:WP:LEGITALT (read last line). Almost every WMF employee discloses his/her volunteer account in the manner for transparency reasons post Lila's accepting the community feedback of maintaining separate staff-accounts. Danny, MusicAnimal, Keegan, Bwoolf, Claudia, Steigenberger, Guilllaume, Jan, Joe, Katherine, Karen, Maggie, Deskana, Erik (whilst the last two used to be on WMF payroll) are some I remember off-the-head. This can go on......Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 18:14, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- You see how mighty big that list is? Do you appreciate that someone in good faith might be bothered as to you being one among the miniscule number of WMF staff to have not disclosed a volunteer account? Obviously, it may be possible that you did not edit at all, as a volunteer or has privacy concerns et cetera.Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 18:48, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- And, what are the multiple t/p(s); clarify please. I asked a set of question on Rohini's t/p; which she asked to move to the grant t/p and I complied with. She claimed about them being uncomfortable for unsolicited email except that the grants-page contained Chinmayi's email address as a contact-method and Rohini has posted on a mailing list about the grant via email. Do you want me to forward the email, that I send to them? (Entire contents were:- Hi, Chinmayi, I am Winged Blades of Godric, an Indian volunteering primarily over en-wiki. And, I have left some queries, as to the grant, over your collaborator Rohini's meta t/p. Please answer them:-) Thanks, Godric~enwiki ). Rohini struck off her comments about Chinmayi feeling intimated (WOW!!), changed the email adress mentioned in the contact-panel and held that at any case, my emailing her was wrong. At any case, I apologized for the email and offered an olive branch. What more do you seek?
- And, your comments over the grants-page were super-redundant given that I was pretty content about waiting for a week. (the first comments) Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 18:14, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- If you are interested about my note on ShobhaSV's t/p, we are having a discussion at en-wiki about how an user with 40 net global edits can claim to have run several editathons.......The sole explanation is that she has some alt-account. If you like, I can shift the post to her en-wiki t/p and raise it under the purview of local policies.Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 18:24, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Also, you are citing the wrong stuff. FSP applies for in-person-events and it's very explicit in the regard. We currently don't' have a code-of-conduct (as the linked page clearly states) and primarily derive from en-wiki policies/guidelines; as to interpretation. Meta:Urbanity is a proposed policy. If you wish to change any of that; feel free to launch a global RFC. Regards, Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 18:29, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
I see that Grants:Friendly space expectations mentions contact a member of the Community Resources or Learning and Evaluation teams who can help communicate your concerns. You do seem to be in the former. So, let me know about how differently I might have phrased the questions. I am not immune to errors and as a good-faith-gesture, I will definitely try to listen to your concerns (and all these FSP stuff). Feel free to pick out my statements and help me about framing that in a more friendly/good/whatever way; as you folks deem fit. Regards, Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 19:19, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Video tutorial regarding Wikipedia referencing with VisualEditorEdit
Hi, I have received a grant from WMF to support production of a video tutorial regarding creating references with VisualEditor. I anticipate that the video will be published in March 2019. Depending on funding considerations, this tutorial might be published in both English and Spanish. If this tutorial is well received then I may produce additional tutorials in the future. If you would like to receive notifications on your talk page when drafts and finished products from this project are ready for review, then please sign up for the project newsletter.
Regards, --Pine✉ 06:14, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Marti, I responded to your questions here but I am not sure whether you received the ping. Thanks. –Ammarpad (talk) 09:41, 28 February 2019 (UTC)
Belated holiday greetingsEdit
We replied your questions here. Warm Regards, Orgio89 (talk) 08:07, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
Hi Marti, it has been a long time since we last talked, so I thought that I would stop by your talk page to say hello. I hope that all is well. ↠Pine (✉) 06:53, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
Hello Marti, I understand the Grants timelines have been shifted due to Pandemic and I'am sure it affected the Grant team's work. Yet, any idea if a new timeline is in sight ? Please let us know when you know so we can spread the news properly. Yug (talk) 18:22, 19 September 2020 (UTC)
An email at your inboxEdit
I am trying to reach you out by email, please check your inbox.--Michel Bakni (talk) 19:26, 8 September 2021 (UTC)
Feed the trenchesEdit
Hi Marti My name is Samuel from South Africa and I have a restaurant business her name is Dinner Run Marti I have kids who ask for food every day in a particular community and most times I don't have enough for them. I want to know if it's possible to apply for grant for this kids and their families I have tried to get government grants and loans but they don't respond to my application please let me know if it's possible to change the lives of this kids with your help and wiki grant Dinner run (talk) 06:25, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Hello Dinner run, thank you for reaching out. I'm touched by your desire to help the kids who come to your restaurant seeking food, along with their families. The Wikimedia Foundation is not able to support this kind of request, unfortunately, as it is outside the scope of the capacity and scope of our work. There may be organizations in your community who are already funded to support the needs of families in your community. Perhaps you might reach out to them and see if they have ideas of how you can help. I wish you luck. --Marti (WMF) (talk) 13:53, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
Thanks for the reply Marti Dinner run (talk) 21:28, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
Hi! Kind regards. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote an email related to a Rapid Grant, I wanted to confirm if it was received. Sorry for the inconvenience! Best wishes, --NoonIcarus (talk) 22:09, 14 March 2022 (UTC)
- Hello NoonIcarus! First, I love your username! Second, I am confirming I have received your proposal and I will follow up on your proposal talkpage tomorrow with comments. Warm regards, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 22:49, 22 March 2022 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! For both things! I'll be glad to answer any questions :) Kind regards, --NoonIcarus (talk) 23:19, 22 March 2022 (UTC)
Question about rapid fundEdit
Hi @Mjohnson (WMF)!
We are planning a global contest for the Wikivoyage anniversary and I would like to know if the rapid fund request that NoonIcarus made can be used for that purpose or should a new rapid fund request be made?
We want to hold the contest on January 20, 2023, since as of December 31, 2022 the group will no longer be under a general support fund.
Best, Galahad (sasageyo!)(esvoy) 21:35, 26 October 2022 (UTC)
- Galahad, can you tell me the status of the Small Projects User Group's General Support funding? As I emailed NoonIcarus, the request is not eligible for funding when the Small Projects User Group has an active General Support Fund award. Additional funding through Rapid Fund is not possible for those associated with the User Group while the General Support Fund award is active. This is true regardless of whether the request is aligned with the General Support Fund request or not. If additional funding is needed, a request would have to made for the General Support Fund to be amended to their regional program officer for consideration by the Funding Committee. However, if General Support funding discontinues for the User Group, then the Rapid Fund request is eligible. Let me know if you have questions. Warm regards, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 03:27, 27 October 2022 (UTC)