You've forgotten to add your username to your votes.—Eloquence
- Well we randomized the former notice amd get the current qualification ;-) Thank you for your collection, but it would be more nicer to leae us a note on talk. I know you are on a good faith, but it is confusable and I'm not pleased you ignore the note at the top, even it is not the main text. --Aphaia | Translate Election | ++ 20:05, 15 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Sorry about the late reply but I've been working on other projects recently. I think your suggestion for a gathering at the Boston Wikimania sounds really interesting. I would really like to attend but it is still a bit early for me to confirm anything.
It really is too bad that people seem to only list their names for the project and then are never to be heard from again. Even more so that I'm not exactly sure what level of involvement i want to have in this project myself. I was actually looking at the paperwork for starting a non for profit organisation of my own and I thought I'd do my part by sharing the results of my research with the Wikimedia Canada project. But all the effort I put in a working template for the project has been set aside twice and the result is that no one can edit the project page anymore. I'm also the one who advertised the project in both the Quebec and Canada portals in both languages, got the ball rolling and I thought I had done my share.
Keep me posted anyhow because I'd really like to meet the people involved in the project if I do attend, no matter what I decide my involvement in this is afterwards.
Stéphane Thibault 10:57, 4 April 2006 (UTC) Talk
Matt Sanchez article in FrenchEdit
I need to add something to the Matt Sanchez article in French, could you please advise.
Here is the information:
Thanks for your message about the conversation - I think I left the message at your wiktionary page because your meta page redirects there, or something - but regardless - glad we got through to each other eventually! Would you mind heading over to this subpage again, and if poss. signing up at a convenient time for a brief interview? - It'd be great to get this done in time for the first 'podcast' publication on Friday... cheers, Privatemusings 06:47, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
I'm going to be running late for the conversation - having had a meeting pushed back this afternoon, so many apologies... I'll drop you a note here when I'm available - and obviously head to bed if it's inconvenient - we can re-arrange for tomorrow possibly? cheers, Privatemusings 05:27, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- well actually I find myself ahead of schedule! - I'll give you a call shortly.. cheers, Privatemusings 07:58, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- ah - well, except I've just realised that 08:00 UTC actually = 01.00am PDT - which might be a little late? - I'm loathe to try a landline call at such an anti-social hour, so will hold off and see if you're online at all... if not, we can perhaps try again tomorrow at 07:00 UTC - which would be midnight PDT - or sooner if convenient.... cheers, Privatemusings 08:01, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
I brought up that particular paragraph because it quite clearly does not conform to any sort of neutral-point-of-view policy. This kind of editorial bias only serves to inflame an already touchy topic and it should have no place in the Wikimedia Foundation's definition of free content. The definition document is (obviously) free content and so the Wikimedia Foundation could just make and adopt a copy without the editorial. If elected, would you be willing to do this? —Remember the dot 07:35, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- (replying to message on my talk page) - Thank you for your reply. So, if elected, would you work to get the Wikimedia Foundation to adopt an identical version of the definition, but without the editorial? —Remember the dot 17:59, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- (replying to message on my talk page) - I really don't mind how you adjust it because I trust that you will carefully consider any revisions with the rest of the board. I just would like to see you work towards adopting a revised definition that uses neutral language instead of preaching the evils of copyright. Would you be willing to do that? —Remember the dot 19:12, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- (replying to message on my talk page) - OK. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this with me. If elected, will you work to adopt a revised definition that uses neutral language? —Remember the dot 02:33, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
Hey, I was wondering if you can think of a way saying "under free licences or in the public domain" that would include non-commercial licences. I want to make the mission statement allow them, but I can't just take out mention of free content if we want to keep our mission statement "similar" to the WMF's. --Arctic.gnome 01:08, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
I am writing to ask you a question regarding the status of our still pending request of Wikimedia Venezuela to become a local Wikimedia Chapter. We have started gathering people and ideas since October 2010, organised a series of lectures for Wikipedia TEN. Our proposed bylaws have been reviewed by members of the ChapCom as early as May 2011. We were informed that in June-July 2011, our proposal was scheduled to be submitted to voting and, as of October 2, 2011, we are yet to receive a notification, either approval, rejection, suggestions...we have received only silence. What is going on? What has delayed the ChapCom to close the voting on our case? Working groups in other countries have submitted their proposals/requests to form a local WikimediaChapter more or less at the same time that we did, and they have been approved already. Why not Wikimedia Venezuela? What is wrong with us? If we were told what is wrong with us, we could work it out and fix whatever is needed...but with no input, we are left sitting in the waiting room for months..
Could you please tell us what is delaying our approval? What do we have to do?
Our people (37) is anxious and wondering what is going on. We were more people, but we feel dissapointed and discouraged, and this doesn't help us at all. Could you please give us an update?
Many, many thanks in advance from Venezuela.
--Jewbask 01:33, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
Please visit this page if you wish to contribute to a centralized discussion about a Wikimedia genealogy project. Thank you! --Another Believer (talk) 19:23, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Dear Eclecticology, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:12, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Did you ever attend Wikimania with your money? Talk to us!Edit
TL;DR: Fill a short Wikimania survey, it takes 5 min.
Hi, I'm writing you because you are listed in Wikimania/Frequent attendees. As you probably know by now, Wikimania 2016 Esino Lario wants to achieve a Wikimania format which allows people to "get things done" and leave the conference fully satisfied with the result of their investment of time and other resources (see pillars 2 and 4: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario/Pillars ). For this purpose, we consider all audiences (see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario/Program#Target ).
Participants other than scholarship recipients and reimbursed representatives are one group we heard very little from, but we think they are important because: 1) they have financial resources and help make the Wikimania budget sustainable; 2) they have motivation to share and ideas on what makes Wikimania valuable.
We set up a form mainly to collect names of some such people and talk with them later: if you provide your contact, we may write you on this topic. We may release aggregate data from the resposes; data will be handled by us and the Wikimania 2016 fiscal sponsor "Ecomuseo delle Grigne" (under EU law). Please fill the whole form, it's short!
Feel free to forward this invite to anyone.
Federico Leva and Martin Rulsch
Wikimania 2016 team, scholarships subteam
08:30, 11 September 2015 (UTC)