Alegerile Fundației Wikimedia din 2021
The election ended 31 august 2021. No more votes will be accepted.
The results were announced on 7 septembrie 2021. Please consider submitting any feedback regarding the 2021 election on the elections' post analysis page.
Alegerile pentru Consiliul Director 2021 au fost reprogramate pe 18 - 31 august 2021 din pricina unelor probleme cu SecurePoll. Mai multe informații.
|2021 Board Elections|
|Single Transferable Vote|
Alegerile pentru Consiliul Director 2021 iau loc între 18 și 31 august 2021. Membrii întregii comunități Wikimedia vor alege patru candidați, pentru un mandat de trei ani. Apelul la candudaturi sa închis pe 29 iunie 2021.
Read the candidate questions and answers.
Apăsați pe numele unui candidat pentru mai multe informații
Voting was from 18 August 2021 to 31 August 2021. Voting information and instructions are on the Voting information page.
Note: If your vote is rejected, don't try logging in on votewiki. Instead, if the system rejects a valid vote, you should just restart the voting process. Since the voting form will be blank again, it is a good idea to write down your choices in a separate document or take a screenshot before submitting the form.
Learn more about the Board of Trustees in this short video:
- 15 April: Board of Trustees resolution about the upcoming elections
- 29 April: Call for Election Volunteers
- 9 June – 29 June: Call for Candidates
- 30 June – 2 July: Announcement of confirmed candidates
- 7 July – 3 August: Candidates campaign period
- 18 August: Voting period opens
- 31 August: Voting period closes
- 1 September – 7 September: Vote counting and processing
- 7 September: Announcement of vote results
- September: Board of Trustees appoints selected candidates
The Board election facilitators created a graphic of the timeline. This can be used to share information about the election. The graphic is available in more languages.
This is a list of campaign activities planned during the campaign period. Further activities are in the making, the list will be updated continuously. Community members are welcome to add additional activities to the list below. If you add activities, please link to the page where community members can find more information.
- 3 July at : Candidates meet with the facilitation team for a Campaign Briefing.
During this conversation the facilitation team will answer questions candidates may have.
- 04 July at : Candidates meet with Middle East and North Africa (MENA) communities
- 7 July: Candidates begin answering questions submitted from the community : list posted on 2 July.
- 10 July: Candidates meet with Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) communities
- 17 July at : Candidates meet with the Spanish-speaking communities
- 21 July at : Candidates meet with Board of Trustees Community Affairs Committee
- 23 July at : Candidates meet with the African & MENA communities
- 28 July at : Candidates meet with European communities July 28
- 31 July at : Candidates meet with the South, East, Southeast Asian and Pacific communities
- 1 August at : Candidates meet with the community of the Americas August 1
Voter turnout in prior elections was about 10% globally. It was better in communities with volunteer election support. Some of those communities reached over 20% voter turnout.
Do you want to help improve voter numbers in your community? You don’t need to have experience in elections. Election Volunteers can help promote the Board election in their community. Volunteers from all Wiki Projects are welcome! The aim is to have at least one Election Volunteer for Wiki Projects in the top 30 for eligible voters. Help form a more diverse and better performing Board of Trustees by getting your community involved in the election!
There are many conversations happening around the world about the Board of Trustees selection. Come join the conversations!
- Telegram Board Selection chat
- The Board election facilitation team will share announcements and updates here.
- Election Volunteers from South Asia
- Add link here so others may join the conversation
- Elections Committee
- Facilitation team (Movement Strategy & Governance)
- Quim Gil: coordination
- Xeno: English communities and Meta-Wiki
- Jackie Koerner: English communities and Meta-Wiki
- Civvi: Italian communities
- Maciej Nadzikiewicz: Polish communities
- Mahuton Possoupe: French-speaking communities
- Oscar Costero: Spanish communities and the Latin America region
- Denis Barthel: German communities and North-Western European region
- Mehman Ibragimov: Russian communities and Central and Eastern Europe region
- Ravan Al-Taie: Arabic communities and Middle East region
- Mervat Salman: Arabic communities and Middle East region
- Zita Zage: Sub-Saharan African region
- Sam Oyeyele: Yoruban communities and West Africa region
- Krishna C. Velaga: South Asian region
- Youngjin Ko: Korean communities and East Asia region
- Ramzy Muliawan: Indonesian communities and Southeast Asia and the Pacific region
The Board of Trustees elections were due in 2020 to elect three of the Community trustees seats. In April 2020, the Board announced that the voting process was being postponed. The Board of Trustees announced in April 2021 the plan for the 2021 Board elections. The Board is seeking to increase diversity and participation in Board elections.
The Board is expanding to 16 seats to better cover the increasing work and areas of expertise required to steer the Wikimedia Foundation. This expansion was based in part on recommendations from an external governance review.
- 3 new Community- and Affiliate-selected seats
- 3 new Board-selected seats
Four seats will be up for selection in 2021, the three due for renewal and a fourth from the approved Board expansion. The two other new community-and-affiliate seats approved will be selected during 2022, together with the two affiliate seats that will be due (four in total).