|Users by language
I work at the Community Resilience and Sustainability wing of the Legal department at the Wikimedia Foundation. I specialize in movement communications and community relations. Love for freedom and social happiness drives my work, paid or not. I want to help communities thrive.
You can contact me through any of the 1001 possibilities Wikimedia offers 🙄, including qgilwikimedia.org.
I joined the Foundation in 2012 as a developer advocate and I have evolved through different community-related roles. My first meaningful contribution to Wikimedia was made to Catalan Wikisource in 2007. I have administered several MediaWiki based pet projects. I live in Cologne (Germany) with my family.
As I become more of a manager and less of a contributor, the work I am most proud of becomes less visible. I believe these are some of my best contributions to the movement, all of them achieved in collaboration with many other people:
- Shaping the Wikimedia Hackathon as we know it.
- Leveling up Wikimedia participation in Google Summer of Code, Outreachy and Google Code-in.
- Migrating from Bugzilla to Phabricator.
- Removing Superprotect.
- Proposing the idea that turned into the Community Wishlist Survey.
- Co-designing a process for the Foundation to engage with communities in software projects.
- Establishing a Code of Conduct for Wikimedia technical spaces.
- Creating Wikimedia Space.
Misc media edit
For my alter ego contributing to Wikimedia as a volunteer, see User:QuimGil.