Wikimedia Foundation elections/2021/Candidates/CandidateQ&A
The election ended 31 August 2021. No more votes will be accepted.
The results were announced on 7 September 2021. Please consider submitting any feedback regarding the 2021 election on the elections' post analysis page.
|2021 Board Elections|
|Single Transferable Vote|
Each election the community has the opportunity to submit questions for the Board of Trustees candidates to answer. The Election Committee selects questions from the list developed by the community. This year, the Election Committee selected eleven questions for the candidates to answer.
Each question is broken into a subpage to help with readability. The community is welcome to provide feedback about the design of the process on this page's talk page. Please discuss answers to the questions on each question's talk page.
Candidates: It is strongly suggested that answers to questions do not exceed approximately 1600 characters per question (not counting spaces). Please do not link to another page containing an extended answer, although relevant links used for descriptive purposes are fine. Due to the number of voters and candidates, this is necessary to keep these pages readable, informative and therefore useful for voters.
List of questions selected by the Election CommitteeEdit
- How do you think the number of volunteers in Wikimedia projects can be increased?
- Where do you wish to see the Board in relation to other entities of the Wikiverse (communities, affiliates, etc.) in the future (cf. e.g. Ensure Equity in Decision-making)?
- How will candidates connect with the community once on the Board?
- How do you envision wikis shaping the future of the internet, and how can the Wikimedia Foundation support wiki communities in order to make that vision a reality?
- What is your opinion on rebranding from Wikimedia to Wikipedia?
- How should the Wikimedia Foundation engage with emerging WikiCommunities in the near future (next 2 to 3 years)?
- What does diversity in the Wikimedia Community mean to you? How can this quantifiably be achieved? (Example: Reduction in Data Gaps)
- What is your opinion on the claim of autonomy by Wikipedia communities and the attempts of the Wikimedia Foundation to regulate control over community?
- What do you think could be done to improve combating bias?
- What are your thoughts on the future of Wikispecies, Wikinews, Wikiversity and other smaller Wikiprojects? And how can the Wikimedia Foundation support them?
- What do you think about the Wikimedia Foundation using funds for purposes not related to Wikimedia projects?
Community Questions and Candidate AnswersEdit
The full list of community questions, along with a list of endorsements for each question, is available. Candidates may choose to answer additional questions from that list here.
Candidates that have answered community questions in addition to those in the list above are: