Wikimedia Foundation elections/2021/Meetings/Candidates meet with the the Sub-Saharan, Middle East and North Africa Communities
The election ended 31 August 2021. No more votes will be accepted.
The results were announced on 7 September 2021. Please consider submitting any feedback regarding the 2021 election on the elections' post analysis page.
|2021 Board Elections|
|Single Transferable Vote|
Date and Time: 23rd July 2021 at 5:00 pm UTC
- Recall the logistics
- Quick information about the Wikimedia board and ongoing process.
- Candidate introduce themselves
- Q&A session (candidates answer 1 to 2 questions).
join watchEdit We will be using Zoom platform for the meeting. The meeting link will be available publicly 15 minutes prior to the meeting. If you would like to get a link to the meeting in advance, please contact the facilitators by email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
The meeting took place at the scheduled time, and it was recorded.
- English (Live interpretation will be available in French and Arabic)
Questions for candidatesEdit
Please submit any question which you will like candidates to address on the call below.
- Question 1
- (ar) ما هي استراتجيتكم فيما يخص تشجيع تمثيل المجتمعات ضعيفة التمثيل في مختلف المجالس واللجان
- (fr) Quelle est votre stratégie pour favoriser (augmenter) la représentation des communautés sous-représentées dans les différents conseils et comités?
- (en) What is your strategy to promote (increase) representation of underrepresented communities in various boards and committees ?
--Nehaoua (talk) 16:26, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- Question 2
- (ar) كيف يمكنكم خلق التوازن في القرارات بين المجتمعات والجهات الشقيقة والمجموعات
- (fr) Comment pouvez-vous équilibrer le pouvoir de décision entre les communautés, les affeliations et les groupes d'utilisateurs
- (en) How can you balance the decision-making power between communities, affiliations and user groups
-Nehaoua (talk) 16:33, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- Question 3
- (ar) ما هي خططكم لخلق بيئة سليمة خالية من التحرش والاساءة
- (fr) Quels sont vos plans pour créer un environnement sain exempt de harcèlement et d'abus
- (en) What are your plans to create a healthy environment free of harassment and abuse
--Nehaoua (talk) 16:29, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- Question 4
- ما هي خططكم لتطوير المجتمعات المهمشة أو غير الناطقة بالإنجليزية
- (fr) Quels sont vos plans pour développer les communautés marginalisées ou non anglophones
- (en) What are your plans for developing marginalized or non-English speaking communities
All Candidates should please sign up here if you will be attending this event. And please email a two sentence introduction of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rosiestep (talk) 15:23, 15 July 2021 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 15:28, 15 July 2021 (UTC)
- Pundit (talk) 15:50, 15 July 2021 (UTC)
- Fjmustak (talk) 23:37, 15 July 2021 (UTC)
- Waltercolor (talk) 10:37, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- Laurentius (talk) 20:18, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- Discott (talk) 18:19, 17 July 2021 (UTC)
- Adamw (talk)
- Victoria (talk) 18:59, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- --Vinicius Siqueira (talk) 20:26, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 23:40, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- -- AshLin (talk) 04:34, 23 July 2021 (UTC)
All participants should please sign up below:
- --Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 19:58, 14 July 2021 (UTC)
- Kayusyussuf (talk) 09:33, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- Ruby D-Brown (talk) 12:48, 19 July 2021 (UTC)
- kaffzz (talk)
- NanaYawBotar (talk) 19:32, 20 July 2021 (UTC)
- xibitgh (talk)20:32, 20 July 2021 (UTC)
- Aboubacarkhoraa (talk) 09:33, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- Nehaoua (talk) 16:23, 21 July 2021 (UTC)
- Oby Ezeilo (talk)Oby Ezeilo (talk) 15:09, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- Magotech (talk) 19:29, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- Great11 (talk) 04:06, 23 July 2021 (UTC)
- AKibombo (talk) 05:18, 23 July 2021 (UTC)
- MassiveEartha (talk) 10:51, 23 July 2021 (UTC)
- --Der-Wir-Ing ("DWI") talk 14:45, 23 July 2021 (UTC)
- Killy95 (talk) 11:47, 24 July 2021 (UTC)
- Meeting facilitator - English: Zuz (WMF)
- Email: email@example.com
- Meeting facilitator - French: MPossoupe (WMF)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting facilitator - Arabic: Ravan (WMF)
- Email: email@example.com
- Mervat Salman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam Oyeyele: email@example.com