Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello, Mouryan. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 13:30, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
You have a new message here: Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests#Request_For_Funding_of_In-depth_Meet-up_of_Bengali_Wikipedia_editor_community_in_Kolkata -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:10, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 updatesEdit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipientsEdit
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Maithili Wikimedians volunteer members has taken a challenge in itself i.e. Mission 10. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. As of November 30, 5,555 articles were made on Maithili Wikipedia. From the 1st of December until the 31st of December the challenge will run on Maithili Wikipedia. The challenge is divided on 2 basic parts Online and Offline events. The online event is focused on creating articles and offline parts is about meeting with Maithili speakers from different parts of Nepal. For more info, Please see project page here on meta-wiki as well local page on maiwiki. Kind Regards, TBhagat (talk) --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:00, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
We have replied to your request. Please respond to the questions here. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 15:00, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
ইউকিমিডিয়ার হাডওয়ার ডোনেশন প্রোগ্রামে সাপোর্ট করার জন্য ধন্যবাদ। শুভেন্দু, (আলাপ)
Reproting stubborn Comments by anonymous IP on Wikipedia awareness workshopEdit
Dear @Mouryan:, @Satdeep gill:, @Arif80s:, @Titodutta:, @AWang (WMF): I have given clear all things on grant proposal and also gave a fair transparent comments and answers on grant talk page, Here is an (22.214.171.124) anonymous IP, continuously asking stubborn comments HERE TALK PAGE , I request you kindly tell me, am I responsible and answerable to a unregistered anonymous IP's stubborn comments?. what are that IP's real intentions I don't know but I think I am only responsible and answerable to registered users and grant committee, I have tried to fairly give answers to all whether they are registered users, Wikimedia grant committee members even an anonymous IP, but that IP is irritating. kindly tell should we report that IP under vandalism? Am I answerable to anonymous IP person's stubborn concerns/comments. whom should I reply please help. Thanks, Jogi don (talk) 07:12, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
- Dear Mr.@Jogi don:, you are not responsible to give any answer to IP user. I agree with you. I think Meta-Wiki Sysop should take necessary action against said IP user. --Arif80s (talk) 07:25, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTCEdit
I am reaching out to you because you signed up to receive updates about the Global Wikimedia survey.
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
If you are unable attend, you can also find the report on meta, and watch the recording of the event at a later time.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!Edit
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for helpEdit
At all times, please send me an email at email@example.com--Fantasticfears (talk) 22:59, 1 November 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow upEdit
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Thank you and see you on the wiki,
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:40, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
Tiger project issueEdit
আমি বাংলাদেশ থেকে বলছিলাম।আমি প্রজেক্টাই অংশগ্রহণ করতে চাইছি। কিন্তু কিভাবে অংশগ্রহণ করবো যদি জানাতেন।ধন্যবাদ। Shanjidula Alam (talk) 18:11, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
- সানজিদুলা আলম দাদা আপনার জিজ্ঞাস্য় নিয়ে আমার সাথে যোগাযোগ করার জন্য প্রথমেই অসংখ্য ধন্যবাদ। আমি আপনাকে সাহায্য করতে খুবই আগ্রহী। ব্যাঘ্র প্রকল্পে নিবন্ধন করার জন্য প্রথমে এই পৃষ্ঠায় গিয়ে আপনার নাম তালিকাভুক্ত করে নিন। তারপর এই তালিকা থেকে যেকোনো একটি নিবন্ধ বেছে নিন যেটি পূর্বে বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়ায় নেই এবং অনুবাদ করে তালিকায় স্বাক্ষর সহ যোগ করে ফেলুন। খেয়াল রাখবেন, আপনাকে এই টুলটিতে ও আপনার তৈরী করা নিবন্ধটি অবিশ্য়িকভাবে জমা দিতে হবে মূল্যায়নের জন্য। আপনি বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়ায় ইতিমধ্যেই থাকা যেকোনো নিবন্ধ (এই তালিকার মধ্যে থেকে) ও তৈরী করতে পারেন তবে পুরনো নিবন্ধ সম্প্রসারণ তথা নতুন নিবন্ধ সৃষ্টি উভয় ক্ষেত্রেই অবশ্যই মনে রাখবেন যেন আপনার দ্বারা ক্ষুদ্রতম ৯০০০ বাইট ও ৩০০ টি শব্দ যোগ করা হয় (অন্যথায় আপনার উপস্থাপনটি ব্যাঘ্র প্রকল্প প্রতিযোগিতায় মূল্যায়নের জন্য যোগ্য হইবে না)।
বিঃদ্রঃ তালিকার বাইরে থেকে তৈরী ও জমা দেয়া নিবন্ধকে এই প্রতিযোগিতার জন্য গন্য করা হবেনা। অশেষ ধন্যবাদ।। -- Mouryan (talk) 17:06, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
Join us on The AfroCine ProjectEdit
This is to introduce you to a new Wikimedia project called The AfroCine Project. This new project is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history, works, people, places, events, etc, that are associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the diaspora. If you would love to be part of this (or you're already active in this area), by coordinating local programmes around African cinema (independently or otherwise) in your community or local Wikipedia, kindly list your username or organization as a participant on the meta project page here.
Furthermore, In the months of October and November, we are organizing a global contest and edit-a-thon tagged: The Months of African Cinema. If you would love to join this exciting event, also list your username as a participant on the English Wikipedia page. If you would love to lead this contest (or any other relevant program) for a non-English Wikipedia community, please feel free to translate the English Wikiproject page to your local language Wikipedia, or you can create one from scratch!
If you have any questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach out to me personally on my talkpage or the project talkpage! Cheers!--Jamie Tubers (talk) 20:50, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
Welcome to the Months of African Cinema!Edit
The AfroCine Project welcomes you to October, the first out of the two months which has been dedicated to improving contents that centre around the cinema of Africa, the Caribbean, and the diaspora.
This is a global online edit-a-thon, which is happening in at least 5 language editions of Wikipedia (en, he, es, it, bn) and Wikidata. Join us in this exciting venture, by helping to create or expand articles which are connected to this scope.
On English Wikipedia, we would be recognizing Users who are able to achieve the following:
- Overall winner (1st, 2nd, 3rd places)
- Country Winners
- Diversity winner
- High quality contributors
- Gender-gap fillers
- Page improvers
- Wikidata Translators
For further information about the contest, the recognition categories and how to participate, please visit the contest page here.
If you'd love to organize this contest for your local wiki or organize in-person events centred around this project, or you need further information about the AfroCine Project, please leave a message on the project talkpage. See you around :).--Jamie Tubers (talk) 22:50, 03 October 2018 (UTC)
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!
Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 09:31, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
AfroCine: Join the Months of African Cinema this October!Edit
After a successful first iteration of the Months of African Cinema last year, we are happy to announce that it will be happening again this year, starting from October 1! In the 2018 edition of the contest, about 600 Wikipedia articles were created in at least 8 languages. There were also contributions to Wikidata and Wikimedia commons, which brought the total number of wikimedia pages created during the contest to over 1,000. About 9 in-person events were also organised for the edit-a-thon in different parts of the world.
The contest is organized by a Wikimedia project called The AfroCine Project, which is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history, works, people, places, and events, that are associated with the cinema, theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the diaspora.
If you would love to join this exciting event, please list your username as a participant on the English Wikipedia contest page. If you would love to lead this contest for your country or community, please list your name in the coordinators' page here. The rapid grants team would be accepting proposals throughout October and November, in case you'd need funds to run local edit-a-thons or some other activities related to this event. Upon listing your name on the coordinators' page, you'd be contacted to talk about the resources you'd need to run the event in your community. You can also contact me directly for any clarifications.
Finally, We also need volunteers to handle some aspects of the AfroCine project. These aspects include:
- Community Liaison: This role essentially involves closely engaging with local communities to support their activities within the scope of Afrocine.
- Communications: This involves the communications aspects of the project. Sharing relevant information on mailing lists and social media would be the responsibility of this person.
- MAC Jury: This role involves joining the jury of Months of African Cinema contest. We need as many people as we can get 🙂.
- Tools: Going forward, we would need relevant tools to better track the metrics and also analyse the general impact of these events. We are calling for Wikimedia volunteers who can navigate wikimedia tools that can be useful for the project.
If you would love to help with any of these roles, or some other roles that have not been mentioned, please contact me directly or on: samoye_ hotmail.com
If you have further questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach out to me personally or right here or the project talkpages.
Thank you!--Jamie Tubers (talk) 17:10, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
West Bengal Wikimedians open for community requestEdit
You are receiving this message because you have signed as a General member of the West Bengal Wikimedians User Group.
Like previous years, we are asking our members again to request for support if they wish to plan and execute Wikimedia projects or activities during next year, which require funding. We are open for such requests until November 30, 2020. Based on the fund requests from the community members, the user group will place Rapid grant proposal to Wikimedia Foundation. If the rapid grant request is approved, funds will be allocated to the community members accordingly.
We can only approve request for volunteers who are from West Bengal and is limited to activities where in some way, West Bengal is included. The decision to approve or disapprove your request will be handled by Representative members of the user group.
(On behalf of West Bengal Wikimedians User Group)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏Edit
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
Schedule : Wikimeet program schedule. Please register here.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. If you’re an active Wikimedian, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.
We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.
More information, and registration details, at QW2021.--Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group 15:45, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Queering Wikipedia 2022 AnnouncementEdit
Wikimedia LGBT+ and the organizing team of Queering Wikipedia is holding a Queering Wikipedia 2022 Meeting for LGBT+ Wikimedians and allies. The program will start with an informative, social and cultural activity on Friday 21st October at 18h UTC and working sessions on Saturday 22nd from 14h until 18h with an informal follow-up.
If you have been an active Wikimedian, contributing on LGBT+ topics, supporting LGBT+ activities or if you identify as part of the larger LGBT+ community and allies in Wikimedia, please come help us build our network of LGBT+ Wikimedians, set goals and develop our organization.
We will be meeting online, but encourage you to join in person with fellow Wikimedians if easy and safe. Our working languages are English and Spanish.
Registration for this online event is free and is open until Friday 21st October at 21h UTC.
More information, and registration details, may be found on Meta https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/QW2022
Thanks, from Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:19, 20 October 2022 (UTC)
Invitation to Attend Organizing team meeting for 2nd Wikimedia Technology SummitEdit
@Mouryan Thank you for your interest in joining with summit team, Request to attend the meeting Organizing team for the 2nd Wikimedia Technology Summit planning at
The International Institute of Information Technology
Professor CR Rao Rd, Gachibowli,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500032
on 1st,2nd, and 3rd December 2022 at LTRC Block
All travel, accommodation, and food-related expenses will be reimbursed as per the policy.
Thank you in advance for your commitment to Wikimedia Technology Summit, I appreciate your acknowledgment of the same. Looking forward to meeting you. Please contact me by email or phone if you require any further information.
9014120442, firstname.lastname@example.org Kasyap (talk) 09:20, 25 November 2022 (UTC)