Maithili Wikimedians User Group/Events/Mission 10
Mission 10 is a challenge taken by Maithili Wikimedians members. The slogan is unique itself and this is first such pilot program initiated by Maithili Wikimedians. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. As of November 30, 5,555 articles were made on Maithili Wikipedia. From the 1st of December until the 31st of December the challenge will run on Maithili Wikipedia. The challenge is divided on 2 basic parts Online and Offline events. The online event is focused on creating articles and offline parts is about meeting with Maithili speakers from different parts of Nepal.
Mission 10 logo
|Begins||December 1, 2016|
|Ends||December 31, 2016|
|Venue||Rajbiraj, Saptari District|
|Participants||Maithili speaker from all over the world.|
|Organised by||Maithili Wikimedians|
- 1 Organizers
- 2 Aims
- 3 Rules
- 4 Participants
- 5 Article creation focused area
- 6 Mission 10 Statistics
- 7 Activities
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Outcomes and impact
- 10 Contact us in Social Media
- 11 References
- 12 See also
The followings are the organizers of this event :-
The following are the co-organizers of this event :-
The followings are the event aims :-
- To increase peoples participation in Maithili Wikipedia,
- To create or modify notable articles in Maithili Wikipedia,
- To develop level of Maithili Wikipedia,
- To promote the contribution of local contents in Maithili Wikipedia,
- To increase number of articles in Maithili Wikipedia,
- Establish and consolidate the existence of the Maithili Wikimedians in Nepal.
The following are the rules to be followed during the event :-
- The new article must be created between 0:00 UTC on 01 December 2016 and 23:59 UTC on 31 December 2016.
- Creation/Expansion rule: If you are creating a new article the new article must have a size of at least 2,500 bytes and a minimum length of roughly 60 words (the word count excludes templates, infoboxes, references, etc.), If you are expanding an existing article, you need to expand this article by at least 3,500 bytes, (the word count excludes templates, infoboxes, references, etc.)
- The articles should not be copyvio content and should follow verifiability and other important policies of Wikipedia.
- The articles should have decent references;
- See list of rules in more detail here on local wiki event page.
The followings are the users who took part in Mission 10. The complete list of participants can be seen here locally in Maithili Wikipedia.
Article creation focused areaEdit
Actors, dancers and modelsEdit
- Hindi Cinema Actors
- Hindi Cinema Actresses
- Indian Models
- Hollywood Actresses
- Miss Universe titleholders
Mission 10 StatisticsEdit
The article creation stats are likewise:
|S.N.||User||Total article (created)||Approved by Fountain Tool|
|12||Manish Kumar Sah||2|
|13||Dev Charan Ray||2|
- Group editing and discussion
Maithili Wikimedians organize a group editing events to boost the Mission 10 competition. Maithili wikipedians from Rajbiraj were meet and participate in group editing events as well as discuss about the progress of Mission 10 competition.
They created articles about Geography of Nepal, Sportsperson and Female biographies.
- Group Editing
A group of new wikipedians were invited at Rajbiraj Municipal library hall to support the Maithili Wikipedia Mission 10 events. With the help of group editing 15 new articles were created by 6 new wikipedians. The program was coordinated by Kiran Kumar.
- Wikipedia Education Program at Kshitiz Educational Foundation
Maithili Wikimedians conducted Wikipedia Education program in Kshitiz Educational Foundation, Rajbiraj. The education program is held for 2 days to create awareness about Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects as well as to boost the Maithili Wikipedia Mission 10 event. The students of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Intermediate level (10+2) students are part of the education program. The first day program was conducted on 28th December 2016 and second day program was conducted on 29th December 2016.
- Wikipedia Workshop at Infoland Computer Academy
Maithili Wikimedians conducted Wikipedia Workshop at Infoland Computer Academy, Rajbiraj. The first day program was focused on to introduce Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects among the participants students and the next day the students were participate on workshop program. The students of BCA were participate on the workshop. The program was successfully arranged and most of the teacher and students were attracted to Wikipedia.
The first day program was conducted on 1st March 2017 and second day program was conducted on 2nd March 2017.
- Felicitation Program at Hotel iGarden, Rajbiraj
Maithili Wikimedians felicitate the winners, participants and volunteers of Maithili Wikipedia Mission 10. The felicitation program was held on Hotel iGarden, Rajbiraj on April 16th 2017. The participants discuss about the future of Maithili Wikipedia.
- What worked well?
- Regular Meetups.
- Local events.
- Social Media promotion.
- What didn't work?
- Article submission to fountain tool.
- stubs and redirect article.
Outcomes and impactEdit
With the help of this competition, Maithili Wikipedia reached the 10k articles mark. During the competition Maithili Wikipedia has also reached the 100k total edits. The active editors rise day by day and among them 20 wikipedians takes part in the competition.
|1||Number of active editors involved||11||All the users who had at least 5 or more edits during the three day Edit-a-thon.|
|2||Number of new editors||11||These were editors who created usernames during the three day Edit-a-thon.|
|3||Number of individuals involved||20||All new and active editors who attended, plus volunteers who organized the event.|
|4||Number of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||4430||4430 new article|
|5||Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||Computing..||Computing..|
Contact us in Social MediaEdit
|Facebook Page||Google+ Page||Email us|
- Locally project page in maiwiki
- Articles that are created or modified during the event.
- Tool for the event.