Hi, my name is Mourya (Bengali: মৌর্য্য), and I use this username in all of Wikimedia projects. I joined the World's Largest Promoter of Free Knowledge when I was barely seventeen years of age with initial edits made on English Wikipedia where I still edit. Later on I moved to editing articles, creating new articles and developing new templates on Bengali Wikipedia; which at the moment happens to be my home-wiki. Apart from my contributions online I am also active in conducting Offline Wikipedia programs and activities. I hosted my first Bengali Wikipedia Meetup on the 11th of June, 2016 at Kolkata. I have also been volunteering in a handful of events organised by Wikimedia Foundation's India Chapter such as the Wiki Loves Earth 2016 contest in India and also acted as Language-coordinator for Bengali in various Online Wikipedia Editathons. Besides Bengali Wikipedia I also contribute to English, Telugu and Hindi language(minorly) Wikipedias as I have a near-complete understanding of these languages and I am also active on several other sister projects of Wikimedia such as Commons, Wikidata, Wiktionary. You are welcome to view my contributions on Wikimedia projects here at CentralAuth.
In the Contact me section there are some means by which I hope you'll be able to effectively communicate with me.
|Users by language|
My participation in Workshops and ConferencesEdit
- Multilingual Wikipedia Meetup and Train-a-Wikipedian session organized by CIS-A2K at Hyderabad.
- Attended some Monthly Telugu Wikipedia Meetups at Hyderabad.
- Hosted the Sixteenth Bengali Wikipedia Meetup in the run-up to WikiCon India 2016.
- Got selected to attend CIS-A2K's Train the trainer program 2016, a three-day training workshop organized by CIS at Bangalore.
- Got selected and participated in the WikiConference India 2016. My Event report is available at this link!
- Was part of the Mini Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training (also see: Mini MediaWiki Training & Train-the-Trainer 2016, Hyderabad on English Wikipdia) workshop organized by CIS-A2K with cooperation from the Local Chapter on the 10th & 11th of December, 2016 at Hyderabad; both as a Trainer and as a Trainee.
- Organized the Mini MediaWiki Training & Train-the-Trainer 2017, Kolkata, with assistance and co-operation from CIS-A2K; primarily as a Trainer.
- Got selected to attend CIS-A2K's MediaWiki Technical Training Workshop 2017, a three-day residence training workshop organized by CIS at Bangalore.
- Participated in the Wikidata workshop Kolkata 2017, a program where we imparted technical training related to Wikidata from visiting long time wikipedian and Senior Program Officer, Emerging Wikimedia Communities, Wikimedia Foundation Asaf Bartov.