Welcome to Meta!Edit
Better late than never! Nihlus 21:05, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
Just an FYI but you may want to change your signature to
–<span style="font-family:CG Times">[[w:User:MJL|<span style="color:black">MJL</span>]] [[w:User talk:MJL|‐'''Talk'''‐]]<sup>[[w:WP:CONN|☖]]</sup></span> if you want to point the links to enwiki. Take out the
w: if you want them to point to Meta pages. Nihlus 22:08, 4 March 2019 (UTC)
Wikisource:News: April 2019 EditionEdit
Note to selfEdit
- @Arepticous: Wow that is so funny you caught me at the exact moment I was finishing up the fifth version of my userpage. Could you explain for me the differences between this proposal and Wikisource, though? I'm a bit confused on that front. –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 17:55, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Wikihistoric is a free historical handbook made for distribution archaeological knowledge. It contains historical facts, articles, and all the other things. Arep Ticous 17:58, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Yes... like the almanac... What do you mean by where the facts would be sourced to? Arep Ticous 09:50, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Arepticous: Where would contributors get the historical facts for the project? –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 15:14, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
- Books, wikipedia... Arep Ticous 17:36, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Hello again MJL! can you check out this new proposal? its called WikiDirect. I got this idea right after Wikihistoric, can you maybe take a look and give me your opinion? Arep Ticous 05:46, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
Belated holiday greetingsEdit
Wikisource Pagelist Widget - First Iteration FeedbackEdit
I am pleased to announce that Wikisource Pagelist Widget is now available on Beta Wikisource. We need your help in testing the widget and providing feedback.
You can test the widget by editing the following Index page on Beta Wikisource:
There is a new ‘Preview pagelist’ button under the pagelist field. Click it to get a preview, and then click on any page number in the preview to open the widget.
You can also create a fresh Index Page for any other PDF or DjVu from Wikimedia Commons and test it.
We need your feedback on the following questions:
- What is your general opinion about the Pagelist Widget?
- Is it obvious how to use the widget? If not, what is difficult to understand?
- What other changes would you like to suggest in order to improve the widget further?
Please provide your feedback on the Project Talk Page on Meta-Wiki.
P.S. - The widget doesn’t work on Local Uploads in Beta Wikisource as of now (due to phab:T257807).
Hi MJL, I think there's some rather egregious vandalism on the Scots Wikipedia main page. I'm on mobile at the moment so can't fix it myself even if I tried. Could you take a look? Wugapodes (talk) 02:27, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
Hello, Wasn't sure where to put this, because I can't speak Scots, but if you were going to add a banner to the main page about the recent fiasco, it might be worth having a link to a separate page with a couple FAQs (linking to the RfC, explaining how we are trying to resolve the issue) as well as to the RfC directly. (I mentioned this on Discord but wasn't sure if you saw so figured I'd put it on Meta for the record.) I can draft an FAQ page here on Meta in my userspace if you think it would be helpful. Regards, Giraffer (talk) 17:35, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
- @Giraffer: Please do! –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 17:40, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
Hi MJL. First, I would like to apologise for referring to you as she instead of they. You gendered yourself on Reddit, and I only learned today that you have more specific preferences.
In any case, would you please try to obtain community consensus before collapsing/archiving conversations to which I have contributed? You've done this almost ten times now. How would you feel if I had done the same to you? James Salsman (talk) 04:09, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
- @James Salsman: You are mistaken if you believe I had a hand in collapsing/archiving your comments. That was SnowFire, then it was Zoozaz1. However, I do fully agree with their decision to hide them as they were clearly off-topic non-sequiturs on American politics. People are trying to discuss specific matters, and you are sort of trying to set a different agenda here.
Either way, I had not noticed you had misgendered me. If that was the case, I guess I am a little surprised considering my preferred pronouns are on my global user page. Still, I won't hold it against you and thank you for being kind enough to apologize for it. That seriously means a lot. :) –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 07:52, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
The omwt barnstarEdit
|The Original Barnstar|
|For doing as well as anyone would be expected to do under the conditions you found yourself in, even if the less patient among us found it slightly lacking in a few respects. James Salsman (talk) 04:56, 17 September 2020 (UTC)|
Hi MJL, I just wanted to let you know that en:WP:OUT redirects to en:Wikipedia:Alternative outlets. It appears that you were looking for en:WP:OUTING (which could be piped to still be the same text). I was going to fix it for you, but thought that I best just leave you a note about it. Best, TheSandDoctor Talk 17:51, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
- en:WP:DOX is also an alternative redirect to WP:OUTING if you preferred for flow. --TheSandDoctor Talk 17:52, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
I saw, that you're operating a bot on wikidata, that has not been approved and that does not provide any information about its task. This appears to be in violation of wikidata:WD:Bots policy. It looks like your bot is somehow related to Requests for comment/Large scale language inaccuracies on the Scots Wikipedia. I didn't request it to be blocked, but please request the Botflag over here as soon as possible. Thank you very much -- Dr.üsenfieber (talk) 23:37, 1 October 2020 (UTC)
You've got mailEdit
|Hello, MJL. Check your email—you've got mail!|
- @DannyS712: responded. –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 20:21, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
|Hello, MJL. Check your email—you've got mail!|