Welcome to Meta!Edit
|Hello, TheSandDoctor. Check your email—you've got mail!|
- @Trijnstel: Your email host returned my message saying I was blocked from emailing you. Strange. --TheSandDoctor Talk 16:51, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- Strange indeed, especially as your email host is not on my blacklist. I've now added your email address to the whitelist. Trijnsteltalk 17:20, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
Someone attempted impersonation on en wiki --Edit
This message is to bring attention to impersonation account(s) happening on en wiki:
You may want to patrol account creation log to monitor impersonation. Thanks.
--18.104.22.168 04:09, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
Pointless lint filter fixes on discussion pagesEdit
Can I ask that your lint fixes be more mindful, rather than pointless. Fixing user talk pages, fixing discussions in forums is not a valuable exercise. Please keep those fixes to content spaces where they make a true difference, rather than this cosmetic noise. Thanks. — billinghurst sDrewth 08:27, 6 April 2020 (UTC)
- I partially concur. I am actually not against fixes on talk pages (except that people probably still have those tags in their signature) per se, but currently I have my whole watchlist flooded, I would appreciate if you use bot / flood permissions to do this all. --Base (talk) 08:37, 6 April 2020 (UTC)
Congratulations, Dear Administrator!Edit
Congratulations, TheSandDoctor! You now have the rights of an administrator on Meta-Wiki. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care. Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-adminconnect. You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading although it doesn't always completely apply here at Meta. Please also check or add your entry to Meta:Administrators#List of administrators and the Template:List of administrators. You're also allowed to subscribe the metawiki admins private mailing list. Again, congratulations and welcome to the team. Matiia (talk) 04:48, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- Congrats --DannyS712 (talk) 04:50, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- Felicitations! —Sgd. Hasley 05:11, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- @DannyS712 and Hasley: Thank you! --TheSandDoctor Talk 06:16, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- Hello! and congratulations. I got your email but for some reason I cannot find your subscription request in the queue of pending moderator requests. Could you please file out the form again? If that doesn't work I can try to add you manually (and file a Phab task so they can take a look at the logs and decipher what's going on). Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:25, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
User:~riley Asked to contact you Hi! English wikipedia Please allow me to IP block exemption and Confirmed users,Autopatrolled trest me(Me global IP block exemption There are teams But not working I want to contribute to the English wiki Please give me this right) I use a VPN to connect to sites Tor,vpn or anonymous proxy abroad, as I do not want to block my account .Thank youপরস (talk) 05:48, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
Regarding lint errorsEdit
Today I have got bot permissions in Incubator, where I think is the base of all wikis. Now, coming to the point, have you got the script that will help in identifying and fixing these errors? If not, I don't know if it helps, anyway, please check this. Also check this one too. The last one is used by Galobot to find the errors I guess. Adithyak1997 (talk) 19:40, 29 June 2020 (UTC)
Hello. Little doubt. CentralAuth uses the following wording:
Globally suppressed by $steward_username for following reason: $reason_here. Shouldn't it be instead
for the following reason? Thanks and sorry if this is a silly question. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 22:16, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: Your suggestion is indeed more correct grammatically speaking. Do feel free to reach out any time if you have questions! I am happy to help --TheSandDoctor Talk 04:03, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021Edit
Greetings SWMT member,
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
Notice of review of adminshipEdit
Hello TheSandDoctor. In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because it looks that you have made fewer than ten logged administrator actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/October 2021. If you would like to retain your adminship, please kindly sign there before October 16, 2021. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:04, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: Thanks for the heads up. Signed. --TheSandDoctor Talk 17:32, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered usersEdit
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)