Wikisource Pagelist Widget
The widget can now be enabled by using the instructions on the help page on MediaWiki.
The ProofreadPage extension provides a custom tag,
<pagelist /> to create a list of pages labelled by their page number. However, to achieve this, the extension uses a form of custom syntax to specify the ranges and page numbers inside the pagelist tag. This syntax however is difficult to visualize and requires quite a bit of mental gymnastics to get right. Additionally the user sometimes has to scrub through various different pages and go back and forth between multiple tabs to construct a pagelist.
- Create a OOUI widget that allows users to visualize/preview the pagelist without having to leave the tab or even reload the page.
- Allow the user to be able to view a zoomable picture of the scanned page without having to open a different tab.
- Allowing the user to check and edit a particular page number/range without having to remember and/or look up the pagelist syntax.
- Standardize a set of commonly used page numbering labels on a per project basis from which a user will be able to pick the label for the current range/page number.
- Multiple pagelist tags and complex variations of the
<pagelist />tags will not be supported. The widget will however allow normal textarea based editing for these scenarios.
- There may be some variations in the spacing of the generated wikitext.
- The Pagelist Widget will consist of a text-area followed by a preview button.
- Clicking on the preview button will show a button based representation of the pagelist.
- On clicking on any of the buttons inside the pagelist preview, a popup window will appear which will contain a zoomable preview of the scan and a list of options from which the user can choose the type of number scheme and assign a page number for the page.
- On setting the type of number scheme of a particular page, subsequent pages will use the same number scheme until the numbering scheme is changed again.