A historical handbook
|Status of the proposal|
|Welcome to the official project page of Wiki-Historic, the free Worldwide historical handbook.|
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it..."
- WikiHistoric aims to provide free historical databases to the society under the Wikimedia foundation. The project plans to be a strong collaborative community joined together to develop and improve the archaeological interests and sources on the web. You can join the supporter group by reading the details below.
The project's information is distributed into sub-pages for easier accessibility and readability.
- Discussion- A place to discuss the faults and matters regarding this process, otherwise you can address me in my talk page or by simply sending an email to the below mentioned gmail.
- Volunteers Public volunteers to build up this project into something greater. You can either enlist as technical supporters or casual editors who would work on articles, copy edits and so on.
- Introduction Read the concepts and views of the project to get a good impression of what it means and stands for and why it is important to develop the standards of the Wikimedia foundation.
- Development See the technical requirements and so on.
Talk to the directors of this proposed project and get to know more detail information regarding this project.
- The development website is still under construction. The address will be soon revealed. Still have to do some FTP restorations before transferring.
A few projects were retrieved from inside as well as outside of the Wiki. While a few signs show that a few other user's were planning to create a similar project in the upcoming years.
Filling in a domain name for this project is hard as well as easy. As some names such as Wiki history has been taken by other websites, we may have to convert Wikihistoric into something like WikiChronic, or perhaps as @Zerabat: has mentioned in earlier projects, why not make the name something of another language? It would be authentic and maybe would show some cultural diversity through Wikimedia. If you have any other names that you think would fit in as label to such a project, do not dither to give up a suggestion in the discussion.
- Wikihistory- This name is already taken by the aforementioned site, but just thought to put it forward.
- Wikichronic- also Fantasy-like, but seems to be a fitting name.
- Wikitimeline-This name is just a soft suggestion.
- Wikihistoria- Spanish name
- Wikil'histoire- French name
- We can also construct a name without Wiki as its header, but no open ideas come, suggestions are open in the Discussion
|The proposal for Wikihistoric was first published on 2019.08.30|